convince the public that Bush did not "exaggerate" the case for war
"would
put the president in a very bad position. He said people would start
asking,
"Do we trust his word? Do we trust him to lead this country?"

www.misleader.org

MuayThaiBri67
5th February 04, 03:14 PM
Again with politics. This is getting so old. Next thing you know we won't call the site Bullshido, it will have some left leaning political name. Give it a rest. There are plenty of other political sites out there to post. Its not like anything posted here will stop me or any other conservative member from voting for Bush in Novemeber, and nothing I post will stop any of the leftist members from voting for Kerry. So lets save this stuff for other sites, and get back to the McDojos out there.

Vargas
5th February 04, 03:17 PM
*yawn*

elipson
5th February 04, 04:30 PM
Its not like anything posted here will stop me or any other conservative member from voting for Bush in Novemeber, and nothing I post will stop any of the leftist members from voting for Kerry. What about the ppl who ACTUALLY THINK!!! Not everyone automatically votes for one party. Some ppl actually change their opinion based on the issues.

MuayThaiBri67
5th February 04, 04:36 PM
Ah, but whats posted here is pure propaganda, and one sided. If you want issues then go to the political web sites, and examine both sides. I know I have and thats why I'll be voting for Bush. Who you vote for is up to you. So chill out there killer. My main point on the previous post is that this is becoming a political web site rather then a martial arts one. Care to comment on that subject instead of politics?

PeedeeShaolin
5th February 04, 07:34 PM
Ths may be a little hard for you to follow Bri, but stick with me.....Hit that little sidebar and scroll ALLLLLLL the way to the TOP of this page. See how it says "Off Topic Discussion"? If you're still a bit confused you can go to Google and type in "Off Topic" and see if you can get a handle on what exactly that little do-dad means.

And you said:

Ah, but whats posted here is pure propaganda, and one sided.

To keep it short and sweet: You're full of shiit. Everything I posted above is FACT. Spelled F-A-C-T. Look up that word on Google when you're done researching what "Off Topic" means. If you can show ANY proof that ANYTHING in that post is false please post it here and embarass me in front of everyone. I'll be waiting.

MuayThaiBri67
5th February 04, 09:33 PM
Oh gee so if its in writting then its fact? Please spare me. Call me what names you like. It does not matter. As for it being off topic discussion, I certainly understand that. I'm just concerned that we are becoming a politcal forum instead of a martial arts one as of late. Just sharing my opinion as you do yours. Sorry your so upset.

The Wastrel
5th February 04, 09:36 PM
Well, apparently he appointed John McCain to the commission. If anyone remembers the last elections South Carolina primaries they'll remember why Sen. McCain is still Bush's biggest political rival within the GOP.

FingerorMoon?
5th February 04, 09:37 PM
I don't understand why Bush (and Blair in England, and Howard in Australia) is now backpeddling.
I think an answer of 'yeah we found no WMD but we did find a shit load of mass graves' is a totally acceptable answer.

unholyroller
5th February 04, 10:47 PM
Finger -- thats because Bush didnt spend $100 billion of your dollars to take a bad guy out of office. One sniper round should have been enough...

RockTiger
5th February 04, 10:49 PM
We have a no-assasination policy. *shrug*

Phoenix
5th February 04, 11:38 PM
Bush is at it again. BIG FUCKING SURPRISE.

snuffles
6th February 04, 12:03 AM
bri, you DO know that bush illegally won the election last time right? i dont think it really matters if you vote for him or democrat, he's still gonna win.

Deadpan Scientist
6th February 04, 12:11 AM
Snuffles, shut up. You just don't understand the US electoral system if you think popular vote determines who wins the presidency.

Phoenix
6th February 04, 12:13 AM
Money talks, Brand.

But then, that kinda crap isn't exactly exclusive to the US either.

unholyroller
6th February 04, 01:39 AM
Brandice -- that is not what he is talking about. The Florida debacle that gave him the electoral votes was clearly rigged by his bro. Itiis true, in a way, that he didnt legally win...

but I am proud of him, I mean, the dude made huge amounts of money off us. Tax cuts for the rich, $100 bill or more, for the war, that of course goes into the pockets of the defense industry,. yata yata.... He did ok...

snuffles
6th February 04, 01:49 AM
brand, i do know how it works. but if the popular vote doesn't matter, why did jeb bush spend so much money to jack people out of their right to vote?

Deadpan Scientist
6th February 04, 01:55 AM
Bush got the electoral votes. If the members of the electoral college didn't think he lawfully won a certain district, it was in their power to vote differently from what the people voted.

Deadpan Scientist
6th February 04, 02:02 AM
On a side note, I think Deus and I should run for the presidency. I don't know if people would like an asian vice president though...

Halogen
6th February 04, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by FingerorMoon?
I don't understand why Bush (and Blair in England, and Howard in Australia) is now backpeddling.
I think an answer of 'yeah we found no WMD but we did find a shit load of mass graves' is a totally acceptable answer. Because the mass graves are beside the point. it was made clear that the decision to go to war was based upon Saddams unwillingness to hand over his weapons of mass destruction and the 'fact' he was an urgent threat to the United States.

edit:

Originally posted by MuayThaiBri67
Its not like anything posted here will stop me or any other conservative member from voting for Bush in Novemeber, and nothing I post will stop any of the leftist members from voting for Kerry. Have the democrats truly been so demonized by the right-wing that even though Bush is hardly being a good little fiscally conservative republican he'll still get support from the right leaning voters?

PeedeeShaolin
6th February 04, 11:47 AM
Bush was not elected fairly at all. This story has been blown wide open and was running in 15 minute segments by the BBC but was COMPLETELY ignored here. It had nothing to do with the electoral college. It had to do with minorities in Florida being DENIED the right to vote.

Bushies brother hired a company, Database, to go through the list and purge all people that had felonies. The only problem is that Database was told(admittedly) that only a PARTIAL social securtiy # match and lname match was needed to diqualify voters. This left a SHIITLOAD of people that were NEVER convicted of felonies in their LIVES purged from the list. One of the people purged was the damn election superviosr of Madison county Florida! She had NO criminal record WHATSOEVER!

Factor in the fact that Database, a company with heavy Republican funding, was paid nearly 6 times the going rate for the job they performed.

They also have a letter from Katherine Harris' office BEFORE and AFTER this whole debacle and the letter had been CHANGED, Read the first chapter of The Best Democracy Money Can Buy. I think you'll be pretty offended at what you learn. Then check up on it and see if its all true. I did. Thats what got me so pissed off at the whole Bush thing. I've never mentioned polotics before that on any forum. the whole thing was so obviously a crime that it irked the SHIZNITZ out of me.

And lets not forget that the Supreme Court never sided with Bush. The simply decided NOT TO DECIDE.

Bush was the first President in HISTORY to have over 18,000 screaming protestors in Washington the day after his election and couldnt take the traditional route in his motorcade. Read up on it, dont take my word for it.

PeedeeShaolin
6th February 04, 11:49 AM
I hage no problem with the Republican party. They're dirty just like the Dems but they have good ideas also. They have stupid ideas too. The only problem I have with the Republicans is tat they BLINDLY follow Ronald Reagans advice to "Speak no ill of a fellow Republican" even when that fellow Republican is an ANTI CONSERVATIVE doing a piss poor job of runnign the country.

I think both parties should stop fighting and call a spade a spade and throw this criminal out of office. Then they can BOTH get back to finding ways to rob the American taxpayer in a more delicate way.

WingChun Lawyer
6th February 04, 11:58 AM
The corruption part (Halliburton et al) reminds me too much of Brazil. But our elections are actually fair and well supervised for this kind of shit to happen.

The Wastrel
6th February 04, 11:58 AM
AFAIK, this is true:

Bushies brother hired a company, Database, to go through the list and purge all people that had felonies. The only problem is that Database was told(admittedly) that only a PARTIAL social securtiy # match and lname match was needed to diqualify voters. This left a SHIITLOAD of people that were NEVER convicted of felonies in their LIVES purged from the list. One of the people purged was the damn election superviosr of Madison county Florida! She had NO criminal record WHATSOEVER!

kismasher
6th February 04, 12:05 PM
uh, yeah i read about that too. in one of Micheal Moore's books but he cites his information very well.

patfromlogan
6th February 04, 05:25 PM
Ah, but whats posted here is pure propaganda, and one sided. If you want issues then go to the political web sites, and examine both sides. I know I have and thats why I'll be voting for Bush. Who you vote for is up to you. So chill out there killer. My main point on the previous post is that this is becoming a political web site rather then a martial arts one. Care to comment on that subject instead of politics?

As I posted before when you made the same STUPID remark about political posts, this is called OFF TOPIC. I want you to repeat that many many times and the meaning just might come clear. OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC
OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC

If you don';t want to talk off topic why the fuck don't you go away, troll?
OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC OFF TOPIC

Freddy
6th February 04, 07:14 PM

For your information politics has been going on here for the last two years. (No one is really stopping anyone from posting different views.)

kismasher
6th February 04, 11:09 PM
i'm sure muythaibri feel that Rush Limbaugh is a victim and should be treated as a hero for coming forward about his addiction to the heinous pain pills.

patfromlogan
8th February 04, 10:53 AM
The thing that gets me about MTB67 is that he/she gives shit and then doesn't bother to read the responses. So I pm'd her/him... It didn't go to well.

Stick
8th February 04, 11:04 AM
I'm not particularly impressed with MTBri.

It isn't propoganda at all, not fact either. It's conjecture based upon observervations, an opinion- frankly, one I'm inclined to agree with.

Also, Bri, as has been brought to your attention before; this is the off topic forum. Should I choose to post about gummi bears and candy corn, well, hell I can!

Also, the whoel renaming bullshido to some leftist leaning something or other... yeah, that was cute ^_^ Go stroke yourself you tool.