PDA

View Full Version : Bush, Human Rights Champion

rainfall
30th January 04, 09:13 AM
No president has ever done more for human rights than G.W. Bush. See link for proof:

http://bushwhackedusa.com/humanrights.html

Ronin
30th January 04, 09:25 AM
Hypocrisy and stupidity in politics ???
NO !!!!! ( duh) !!!!!

The Wastrel
30th January 04, 10:30 AM
Like...I despise Bush. But it' pretty obvious to me that if he had invaded Pakistan, people would be screaming, "Oh yeah?! Why not Iraq?!?!111"

LLL
30th January 04, 10:35 AM
Depends what you mean by 'people'... but I guess it's not a good idea to turn this into another flamewar ;)

The Wastrel
30th January 04, 10:45 AM
By people I mean people. What the fuck do you think I mean?

Stick
30th January 04, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by LLL
Depends what you mean by 'people'... but I guess it's not a good idea to turn this into another flamewar ;)

The flames are everywhere, man! HIDING IN THE TREES!

Ack!

LLL
30th January 04, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by The Wastrel
By people I mean people. What the fuck do you think I mean?

"Like...I despise Bush. But it' pretty obvious to me that if he had invaded Pakistan, people would be screaming, "Oh yeah?! Why not Iraq?!?!111""

People of the USA? People of Pakistan? People of Iraq? People of the world?

All people in the whole world?

In any way...

There's a lot of people who might have not been screaming anything, and a lot of people who would have been screaming something else...

& so on & on...

Phoenix
30th January 04, 02:46 PM
Bush is to humanitarianism as Ashida Kim is to martial arts.

Kein Haar
30th January 04, 02:47 PM
Nah, dawg. The people who HAVE been saying "Why not Rwanda? Why not North Korea?"

The Wastrel
30th January 04, 02:47 PM
LLL,
Calm down.

LLL
30th January 04, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by The Wastrel
LLL,
Calm down.

I've been calm all this time.

& in fact I don't have any particular political/philosophical/moral/etc viewpoints...

But if someone presents one, I'm going to come up with the opposite...

That's just me... I can't help it.

Kein Haar
30th January 04, 02:59 PM
Oy, I have a friend like you. He always considers himself, if not neccesarily on the moral/philosophical high ground, at least on lateral ground. Not that it stops him from heatedly adding his 2 cents about that which "doesn't bother him". Very annoying.

I still like him though.

The Wastrel
30th January 04, 02:59 PM
Keinhaar is correct. The point is, these sorts of criticisms are extremely inconsistent.

LLL
30th January 04, 03:06 PM
I COULD tell you about everything that bothers me, but then you complain about them ;)

& I don't really consider myself as being on a 'high ground'... it's actually more of a disadvantage; you can't join a political party or anything... etcetc...

I can say, though, that I'm not just saying this to piss you off; I just am like this...

The Wastrel
30th January 04, 03:25 PM
LLL,
The only reason we devolved into a flamewar last time is because you were pleading that American soldiers in combat "think about" the opposing forces. That was simply foolish.

People living in the comfort of their own homes, and who have the time and the luxury to exercise their consciences, should definitely give serious thought to the broader moral implications of their government's policies, and even their own lifestyles.

I am prepared to discuss anything with anyone, but will not tolerate emotive rhetoric and disingenuous misrepresentations of my position.

LLL
30th January 04, 03:31 PM
ZZZZZzz.
Yes.

"emotive rhetoric and disingenuous misrepresentations of my position."

= ? [explain your position.]

blahblashhashfhsahd... the war is over, you 'won'...

Enjoy.

Ronin
30th January 04, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Rising Phoenix
Bush is to humanitarianism as Ashida Kim is to martial arts.

Nice :D

The Wastrel
30th January 04, 03:39 PM
See what I mean? Perfect example LLL. Perfect. You just don't care to know. I disagree with you, so of course I must be a Bush-loving warmonger, right? Just make up my positions on the spot. It makes me so willing to discuss politics with you.

LLL
30th January 04, 03:42 PM
No. But, have you Mr.Wastrel explained your position, instead of complaining about mine?

TELL US ->

The Wastrel
30th January 04, 03:55 PM
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6560&highlight=Iraq

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1755&perpage=15&highlight=iraq&pagenumber=1

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2015&perpage=15&highlight=iraq&pagenumber=1

The Wastrel
30th January 04, 03:55 PM
That's a good start.

LLL
30th January 04, 04:01 PM
OK.

Thank you & good night. [+ Sweet Dreams]

The Wastrel
30th January 04, 04:14 PM
And yes, the idea that Dubya is a champion for human rights is ridiculous.

Jenfucius
30th January 04, 08:14 PM
the enemies of america have the right to die.

Jenfucius
30th January 04, 08:14 PM
and people who complain about it have the right to STFU.

patfromlogan
31st January 04, 08:16 AM
You boys behave!

http://www.ragistan.com/mar2001/munzil_churse.jpg