PDA

View Full Version : Dean-liverance (the Ned Beatty/Howard Dean Connection)

Vargas
24th January 04, 10:36 AM
http://www.fritzliess.com/movabletype/archives/downloads/dean_liverance_2.mp3

I know that there is a bunch of remixes on the web, but being a native North Carolinean, this has to be my favorite.

And no, this doesn't mean I'm a card-carrying member of the VRWC (Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy for you cave-dwellers). I just enjoy watching politicians step on their cranks, whatever their political persuasion.

Final thought for the day: That "YEAARGGGGHH!!!" of Dean's sounds suspiciously like a 'Kiai' shout. Possible martial artist? Secret leader of the Vermont Ninja Posse? The possibilities boggle the mind. . .

Jenfucius
24th January 04, 11:40 AM
i want to see dean vs. john mccain in a NHB straight talk match

Boyd
24th January 04, 12:25 PM
EVERYONE! VARGAS IS BACK! SEAL THE EXITS! HE SHALL NOT LEAVE THIS FORUM ALIVE

Vargas
24th January 04, 12:26 PM
Uh Oh! The natives look restless. . .

patfromlogan
24th January 04, 12:34 PM
That is a very terrible recording.

As a "daisy-wearing, terrorist-hugging, conspiracy theorist" (thanks W:p ) I find Dean to be a mealy mouth self serving bullshit artist. I like little Dennis! But I'll settle for another Skull and Bones member, Kerry. Ateast he went to Vietnam, unlike President AWOL.

Vargas
24th January 04, 12:42 PM
Kerry? You mean the guy married to the rich ex-senator's wife? John "I made my money the old-fashioned way, I married it" Kerry? Shit, if you're looking for some rich bastards to skin, look no further. . .

patfromlogan
24th January 04, 01:07 PM
Shit, I sure don't love the guy, I just think that Dean's an ass and can't win. Gov. same sex marriage guy vs Bush? Hopeless. Kerry, if he does it right IMHO, will run a Vietnam Vet vs Pres AWOL. From what I heard, Bush was snorting coke and getting busted for drunk driving while he was AWOL. The fucker should have done time.

http://www.johnkerry.com/wallpaper/Kerry-vet800.jpg
http://www.stopdubya.com/images/bush-finger.jpg
http://www.awolbush.com/images/vet-bush-coward.jpg

Vargas
24th January 04, 01:44 PM
Ah, the war-hero arguement. So, I take it you voted for Bob Dole in '96? I'm not trying to be a jackass or anything, I just find it odd to see Democrats (or non-GOPers, to be more precise) lining behind a guy because he went and did his duty in SE Asia 30 years ago. If you want to run a real war-hero for Prez, start an on-line petition for the other Kerrey (Bob Kerrey, democrat from Nebraska). Pretty hard to match a guy who won the Medal of Honor as a SEAL in Vietnam. Personally, I don't use war records as a litmus test for civilian leadership roles. It would be nice to think that combat veterans would make naturally better leaders, but that's not necessarily true. I've met plenty of combat vets (even flew with a couple) that I wouldn't trust to run a Boy Scout troop, much less send to Congress. It all depends on the person.

For that matter, most historians agree that U.S. Grant was the worst President to ever hold office. Great general, shitty commander-in-chief. Go figure. . .

Samuel Browning
24th January 04, 02:30 PM
I think Dean has been really racked for something that is not that important. He got a little excited, so what? At least he wasn't like Nixon in private, going off on some enemies list. He wasn't exhibiting paranoia or hate, and nothing to indicate he was is denial.

Vargas, your punishment for this thread will be the following. In two years you will be at a base somewhere and will be forced to stand in the hot sun in front of your helicopter for three hours on the directions of Karl Rove as Bush prances like a frat boy in front of the backdrop you provide in a rented flight suit telling everyone how he "won" in Iraq. If you can stomach that you are a stronger man then I.

BTW Pat I don't think that Bush was ever declared AWOL which is part of his privlege. If you, I, or Vargas wandered away from a military unit without checking in for six months they would sic the jag guys on us. (I request Catherine Bell) But he skated on it. I had an argument with one of my conservative friends in which he said, just because he didn't test well didn't mean he was a bad pilot, and I had to concede but he couldn't have been that good if he didn't even care enough to show up to practice.

Vargas
24th January 04, 03:16 PM
Oh, I'm not making any excuses for GWB's record. Sure, he's the CINC, so when he says jump, I start jumping. I did the same thing for eights years under Billy Bob. Presidents come and go, just like any other flavor of politician. Reagan was CINC when I was a cadet in 1988 and the same old arguements were being thrown around back then. Like I said, I'm just amused at how horrified the Left is over the whole 'Texas ANG, deserter, pampered frat boy' thing. If they want to start crucifying every U.S. male between the ages of 50 and 65 who dodged the draft or hid in the Guard/Reserves, go ahead, have a ball. I'll even chip in for the hammer and nails for ya. Just remember that what's good for the GOP goose is good for the Lefty gander.

Samuel Browning
24th January 04, 05:20 PM
Hey, at least Dan Quail showed up for his musters!

poet
24th January 04, 06:29 PM
I don't dislike GWB for his past.
There is so much to dislike since he became President.

udo
24th January 04, 06:42 PM
That song was funny. The scream worked great with that music.

patfromlogan
25th January 04, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Vargas
Ah, the war-hero arguement. So, I take it you voted for Bob Dole in '96? I'm not trying to be a jackass or anything

Since when do you have to try?:p

I agree all the way, by the way. As a peace freak I could care less if our president had been a draft dodging dope-smoking acid eating orgy loving flower child. Bush, in his ill spent youth, snorted coke and was a drunk. Not exactly a counter culture type. More of a spoiled rich kid, shallow frat boy. To me this is just a technique that might help our country get rid of the goon. I just hope that someone (anyone!) can beat Bush. If it's Kerry using his vet status, that's fine with me. Personally I burned my draft card (only in half and THAT got me in like flint with the FBI - we figured only chicken shits would burn the whole thing. We proudly {and very very very stupidly} stuck ours half burned up on a wall). I don't know shit about Kerry and I like Dennis the height challenged radical.

I don't think other ex-generals Washington and Eisenhower were good presidents.

Bush was not charged with desertion or for going AWOL. He was grounded though, when he wouldn't take a physical. They were doing drugs tests and it is supposed that he was afraid his nasty habits would show up. By the way, when he wanted to be a flyboy he was tested and scored in the lowest 25%.

Now Dennis Kucinich doesn't have a prayer. If he did they'd have to shoot him. And I mean that, he would be taken out. This is from his ten point program for Iraq:

1. The United States must ask the United Nations to manage the oil assets of Iraq until the Iraqi people are self-governing.

2. The United Nations must handle all the contracts: No more Halliburton sweetheart deals, No contracts to Bush Administration insiders, No contracts to campaign contributors. All contracts must be awarded under transparent conditions.

3. The United States must renounce any plans to privatize Iraq. It is illegal under both the Geneva and the Hague Conventions for any nation to invade another nation, seize its assets, and sell those assets. The Iraqi people, and the Iraqi people alone must have the right to determine the future of their country's resources.

4. The United States must ask the United Nations to handle the transition to Iraqi self-governance. The U.N. must be asked to help the Iraqi people develop a Constitution. The U.N. must assist in developing free and fair elections.

Vargas
25th January 04, 11:27 AM
Dude, I hate to break this to you, but the U.N. is just as corrupt and farkled-up as any national government. If Dennis K thinks kissing the U.N.'s ass is the solution to everything, he's on dope. The guys in blue helmets do have their uses, but they screw up just like anyone else.

Seems to me some folks hate Bush so much (and hate is definitely the word) that they would vote for anyone the DNC throws on the ticket next November. Clark, Sharpton, Kucinich, doesn't matter. Anyone But Bush (ABB) seems to be the mantra being chanted. Four years ago, the conservatives were the exact same way. They hated Clinton. Anyone But Clinton. Clinton is the anti-Christ, blah blah blah. Same shit, different century. Normal people just roll their eyes and wish both types would just pipe down, already.

patfromlogan
25th January 04, 03:04 PM
Normal is a bit over-rated in my book. Normal people like General Maxwell Taylor and Robert S. McNamara got us into Vietnam. Read the Best and the Brightest. It's all about normal smart people fucking up and leading our nation into disaster. A few abnormal ones like Vann and my dad were screwed for telling the TRUTH, which is ofcourse ABNORMAL. Normal officers go with the flow and kiss ass and get their tickets punched.

WTF is normal? Normal like normal good Germans of 1939? Normal like normal Romans and Jews crucifying Jesus? Normal like normal racist shooting Martin Luther King Jr.? Fuck normal. Normal Americans are a bunch of ignorant sheep.

I do sympathize. It's like that song by Alan Jackson,Where Were You... I like the song, it brought tears to my eyes, but it shows where normal Americans are coming from and it shows the reason we are in this mess. And will continue untill some asshole NORMAL radical Muslim plants a bomb and blows us up.

Iím not a real political man,
I watch cnn but iím not sure i can tell you
The difference in iraq and iran...

Well I bet you and I could tell the difference, but only one of us thinks he is normal.

Vargas
25th January 04, 05:55 PM
Wow, that's pretty elitist coming from a Lefty. I figured guys like you were 'Champions of the Little Guy' and all that. Of course, lumping non-fanatical Americans in with pre-1945 Germans, Iron Age religious militants/imperialists and James Earl Ray strikes me as pretty ass-backwards, too, but hey, whatever turns your crank. If you think the Masses are Asses, it wouldn't be the first time. Alexis De Tocqueville didn't have a high opinion of Middle America either, so at least you not totally out to lunch with that notion. Just don't blur the line between 'ignorant' and 'actively malevolent' too much. That kind of thinking just convinces people that you're a total nutbag.

P.S. You have to be the first person in America to ever describe Robert S. McNamara as 'normal'. Christ, his middle initial is Strange (ie. Robert Strange McNamara), so that's pretty much all the evidence that I need on that asshole. Taylor wasn't much better. Tried to read 'Uncertain Trumpet' once but his prose is damn near coma-inducing.

And Pat, enough with the Vietnam references, already. You're like John Goodman's character 'Walter' in "The Big Lebowski". Everything, contrary to what you may imagine, is NOT related to the Vietnam War ("Stay out of this, Donny!")

poet
25th January 04, 06:42 PM
Vargas -
"Normal people just roll their eyes and wish both types would just pipe down, already."

I already use one of your statements as my sig, quit it!
Or else I won't be able to choose.

patfromlogan
26th January 04, 01:27 AM
OK Vargas, I'll go back to harping on Central American history.

ps. When I was a hippie, they called me the hippie snob.

You know, one of those guys that are always 'hipper than thou' :rolleyes:

pps I have a joke you might like in joke thread.

Vargas
26th January 04, 07:19 PM
What do ya mean ". . . when I was a hippie"? Just because you can't get it up for a ghey wrestler like me doesn't mean you're over the hill :)

patfromlogan
27th January 04, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Vargas
What do ya mean ". . . when I was a hippie"? Just because you can't get it up for a ghey wrestler like me doesn't mean you're over the hill :)

I stoppd doing drugs when my dick fell off.

Vargas
27th January 04, 07:44 PM
Ouch

Mr_Mantis
29th January 04, 08:37 PM
Here's one! A la SOD.

http://home.comcast.net/~dean226/meandean.mp3
http://logo.cafepress.com/6/721716.jpg

Kein Haar
29th January 04, 11:07 PM
John Kerry was in nam? Seriously? I don't think he, or his supporters EVER mentioned that, even once.