PDA

View Full Version : McDojo Artist, You Wanna Talk About the Korean War?

The Wastrel
10th November 03, 02:28 PM
Bring it on.

Deadpan Scientist
10th November 03, 10:35 PM
http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232s/hardfunnypics/flamedpreparelotr-4degrees.jpg

Boyd
10th November 03, 10:47 PM
How about we talk about your sex life instead, Was?

elipson
11th November 03, 02:28 AM
sweet fucking pic brand.

Why dont we talk about boyds sex life? Oh ya, nevermind.....

Deadpan Scientist
11th November 03, 02:46 AM
http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232s/hardfunnypics/flamedpreparelotr-4degrees.jpg

Ronin
11th November 03, 09:20 AM
So where are we at in this thread???

McDojo Artist
11th November 03, 09:59 AM
Yeah well...
I really dont know anything about the Korean war but I like to annoy poeple and I have no sexlife thus there is no discussion ;)

Mr_Mantis
11th November 03, 10:04 AM
My Uncle was brutalized in a Korean POW camp. He will not talk about it, the only story you get is from the scars on his back.

Ronin
11th November 03, 10:15 AM
The vets I talked too all remember the cold... the blood on the snow... how it felt to be wounded in the cold.

The Wastrel
11th November 03, 12:57 PM
Tell me McDojo Artist, why the Koreans should resent the US for the Korean war.

The Wastrel
11th November 03, 01:04 PM
I dont think everybody agrees that the korean and vietnam wars where liberations from tyranny(specially those still living in north korea or vietnam)

What really is the significance of this statement? There appears to be none. Does EVERYONE have to agree for something to be reliable? I think even a badly informed North Korean would be hard-pressed to explain how it is that chasing them out of South Korea isn't "liberating".

Deadpan Scientist
11th November 03, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Boyd
How about we talk about your sex life instead, Was?

Mr_Mantis
11th November 03, 02:23 PM
Here is a tidbit I read somewhere. Mao wanted to work with the Soviets to allow the American Army to enter China in combat during the Korean War. Mao met with Brezhnev to try and get the Soviets to drop a nuclear bomb on China on US positions. Mao had no problems sacrificing his own people or land. I believe his philosophy was China has plenty of both.

The Soviets obviously did not go along with it.

Dochter
11th November 03, 02:31 PM
While I understand the point, perhaps it would be more accurate to say our intentions were not to liberate nations from tyranny.

akamai
11th November 03, 08:34 PM
korean chicks are the best lovers! in comparison having sex with white chicks is like humping an unresponsive piece of plywood

The Wastrel
11th November 03, 10:09 PM
Here is a tidbit I read somewhere. Mao wanted to work with the Soviets to allow the American Army to enter China in combat during the Korean War. Mao met with Brezhnev to try and get the Soviets to drop a nuclear bomb on China on US positions. Mao had no problems sacrificing his own people or land. I believe his philosophy was China has plenty of both.

I would like to know where you reasd this. First of all, how would working "with the Soviets" cause American forces to enter into China? Second, why then were the Chinese warning the United States not to cross the Abnokkang? Further, what would be accomplished by dropping an atomic (nuclear?) bomb on a battalion or brigade of US infantry?

Boyd
11th November 03, 10:21 PM
Let's instead talk about all the chicks Wastrel liberated from various pants

The Wastrel
11th November 03, 10:23 PM
Okay guys....where shall I start?

Deadpan Scientist
11th November 03, 11:08 PM
At the beginning.

Mr_Mantis
12th November 03, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by The Wastrel
I would like to know where you reasd this.

So would I. I will try and look for it, in my spare time *sigh*

kismasher
12th November 03, 05:41 PM
i'll tell where he got it. i let him borrow my collectors series of all the M*A*S*H* episodes.

Give them Back!!!

Mr_Mantis
14th November 03, 10:46 AM
I would like to know where you reasd this.

Okay, I am going to take a guess. I don't have the book and don't have the time to look for the thing, but I believe I got that tidbit from Andrei Gromyko's Memoirs. So if you are interested, there you go. If it is not there, I have no fucking idea.

manchuria
16th November 03, 06:16 AM
still waiting to hear the wastrels swordid tales...

The Wastrel
16th November 03, 10:59 AM
Nah...my gf wouldn't like it.

The Wastrel
16th November 03, 11:00 AM
And the boys from WCR know why that's a bad thing...*EYE POKE*!!

Boyd
16th November 03, 04:43 PM
Right. Anyway, rate your girlfriend on a scale of one to ten.

The Wastrel
16th November 03, 04:56 PM

Sharlintier
16th November 03, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by akamai
korean chicks are the best lovers! in comparison having sex with white chicks is like humping an unresponsive piece of plywood

You definately have been with the wrong white chicks then...

Sharlintier
16th November 03, 06:23 PM

Surprise

Yeah we know you had to say that or your girl friend wouldn't like it ;)

The Wastrel
16th November 03, 06:23 PM
*Eye Poke*

Boyd
16th November 03, 07:35 PM
So, you're girlfriend's a real demon in the sack, then?

patfromlogan
16th November 03, 08:57 PM
Boyd, where's your beautiful clever insightful Hitler baby doll avatar?

Is The Wastrel looking for an argument? Uh, gee, I gotta really think here, what do we NOT agree on? He probably doesn't know that this is the anniversary of the Jesuit Priest murders in El Salvador, and while I went to Romero, the movie and vigil, he also probably doesn't agree with using US tax money to support asshole thugs, be it that they are pawns of Folgers and BushCo and all the other assholes. Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm And I can't claim with good sources that Chiang Kai Sek was a thug, though I believe he certainly was..... Uh Uh Uh, OK, HERE IT IS:

Every war, starting with the Revolutionary War, was a complete waist of time, effort, and lives. I only have time for the first war. Suffice it to say, my point comes down to LOOK AT CANADA. Are they under the heal of the British dictatorship? NO! They are less prejudiced, less war like, and have worse weather, no, strike that, uh, they have much better beer. So there.

OK, I'll try harder - your girl friend is an 11-year-old golden retriever.

DJeter1234
17th November 03, 03:09 AM
one could very well argue that the two cannot be compared that bascially. At the time that the US revolted, Canada had just become (reletively) British, and had no where near the sanem economy/social structure as the US. As for when it eventually did, one could make a good arguement that the only reason Canada so easily obtained its independance was because of earler conflicts such as the revolutionary war and the french revolution, where monarchs learned that they could be defeated by their subjects. However, it is 3 AM, and so I'm not gonna.

Pretty much, becasue pacifism has pretty much no history it has very few blemishes in its past, but at the same time it is almost impossible to tell what pure pacifism would have lead to in certain situations because the only reason history had gotten to that situation is throguh war.

The Wastrel
17th November 03, 09:27 AM
All wars are inefficient, yes. But Pat, it takes more than one side to avoid one.

patfromlogan
17th November 03, 10:38 AM
http://www.doggeek.com/contest/cutedogs/08-25-02/pics/zoey.jpg
YO MAMA! (rather, Kungfoolss on a good day)

The Wastrel
17th November 03, 10:40 AM
Wanna argue that, or no?

patfromlogan
17th November 03, 11:10 AM
What? Isn't that a great dog? But no, I don't feel up to arguing about it. Too cloudy and broad an issue. I'd like to narrow it to something we can disagree on that is a specific topic. I'm afraid, though, that you would tend to agree with me on US policy in general. Wolfowitz and Poindexter are scary, Bush is shit, the air is getting dirtier, and Kyokushin rules. What is there to talk about?

Time to go home, Madge is on the phone
Gotta meet the *Guerneys* And a dozen gray attorneys
TV dinner by the pool I'm so glad I finished school
Life is such a ball I run the world from City Hall

All we are saying...

Lennon, Zappa, Garcia, Holly and Hendrix, must have a hell of show going on up there/

The Wastrel
17th November 03, 12:24 PM
You do realize how Zappa would not exactly appreciate being included with Garcia and Lennon, right?

Holly and Hendrix is another story. By the way, a previously unreleased recording by Holly has recently become available.