PDA

View Full Version : Julian Assange is released, gives speech

resolve
20th February 16, 08:11 AM
DRCmqleiZ2c

Feryk
20th February 16, 03:02 PM
That is good news for him. How long before you figure he's assassinated?

I wonder if Wikileaks is going to fire up again?

resolve
21st February 16, 06:00 AM
What I think is most interesting is how Sweden and the UK are all "that doesn't count, really, we're still gonna keep trying", but they both signed up to the terms that got him released in a legally binding international agreement.

The UN is effectively powerless except where all parties agree, and in this case they (Sweden/UK) did, but now they want take-backsies. International law is a weird, weird machine.

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
22nd February 16, 06:48 AM
Bottom line, who is going to stop the UK government arresting him & sending him to the US or Sweden if they want to?

Üser Friendly
22nd February 16, 08:48 AM
Did he rape?

22nd February 16, 09:07 AM
Dunno

resolve
22nd February 16, 09:17 AM
Did he rape?

Pretty sure it was a honey pot trap, as the way it seemed to go down was he got with these two ladies (who both know each other) that were arranging his stay in Sweden and who both, willingly at first, had sex with him, then after hosting (the one lady let him continue to stay in her home for a while after) him, having him at their conference, and then inviting him to a party (where they boinked again) brought charges against him for not wanting to use condoms even though they said he reluctantly agreed to wear them but in one case may have "ripped it on purpose". So therefore: obviously rape.

There's no way of knowing for sure exactly what went down as it's all he-said she-said, but the circumstances seem more than ridiculous either way, especially since it's known he's a government mark for running wikileaks.

Pie of Hate
22nd February 16, 09:26 AM
I think the Swedish charge was Sex by Surprise or Surprise Sex or something like that. Basically the woman gives consent to penetration but not to shooting a load inside her or to unprotected sex. How one would go about proving innocence in that case is beyond me.

Feryk
22nd February 16, 01:02 PM
That's a pretty fine line of consent. Stupid law.

MerkinMuffly
23rd February 16, 02:07 AM
I heard that the Wiki® brand condoms he was using have holes in them anyway.

Pie of Hate
23rd February 16, 04:15 AM
I heard that the Wiki® brand condoms he was using have holes in them anyway.

Duh dum dum, tish!

NoBowie
23rd February 16, 10:40 AM
Did he rape?

Is this you? I know it's you, sums you up without saying a word:

http://i.imgur.com/qLmKJfZ.gif

Üser Friendly
23rd February 16, 04:55 PM
if you want it to be me it can be me

It's your fantasy

28th February 16, 07:45 PM
http://www.private-eye.co.uk/pictures/captions/assange_detained.jpg

Harpy
19th May 17, 05:30 AM
For real this time? Swedes drop rape allegations:
http://www.9news.com.au/World/2017/05/19/19/12/Sweden-drops-rape-investigation-against-WikiLeaks-founder-Julian-Assange

Wonder if there's an American bullet waiting for him.

NoBowie
19th May 17, 07:58 AM
C'mon, we aren't savages. It would be untraceable poison.

Pie of Hate
19th May 17, 08:21 AM
Just like your Russian buddies use?

NoBowie
19th May 17, 10:32 AM
Just like your Russian buddies use?

Excuse me. The CIA pioneered that back in the Castro days. We were first. Russia just copied us.

Pie of Hate
22nd May 17, 08:51 AM
And they stole it from Best Korea.

NoBowie
22nd May 17, 11:42 AM
And they stole it from Best Korea.

Nope.

That Korea has only been around since 1948 and is pretty much 2 or 3 decades behind other countries in science / technology.

C'mon, their ballistic missiles are finally getting to useful formats this year.

Harpy
24th May 17, 04:46 PM
But their plastic surgery is pretty leading edge!

MerkinMuffly
25th May 17, 12:43 AM
Literally.