PDA

View Full Version : Welsh town moves 'offshore' to avoid tax

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
11th November 15, 04:08 AM
When independent traders in a small Welsh town discovered the loopholes used by multinational giants to avoid paying UK tax, they didn’t just get mad.

Now local businesses in Crickhowell are turning the tables on the likes of Google and Starbucks by employing the same accountancy practices used by the world’s biggest companies, to move their entire town “offshore”.
Read more

Advised by experts and followed by a BBC crew, family-run shops in the Brecon Beacons town have submitted their own DIY tax plan to HMRC, copying the offshore arrangements used by global brands which pay little or no corporation tax.

The Powys tax rebellion, led by traders including the town’s salmon smokery, local coffee shop, book shop, optician and bakery, could spread nationwide.

Full Indy article. (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crickhowell-welsh-town-moves-offshore-to-avoid-tax-on-local-business-a6728971.html)

So what happens when everybody stops paying their tax?

Pie of Hate
11th November 15, 05:40 AM
Lol. Like the Welsh ever paid tax in the first place.

MerkinMuffly
11th November 15, 05:41 AM
Trump will get Mexico to pay for it.

11th November 15, 05:42 AM
Lol. Like the Welsh ever paid tax in the first place.

Shhhhhh

Pie of Hate
11th November 15, 06:02 AM
That's like Scotland whinging about the cost of benefits.

Üser Friendly
11th November 15, 06:12 AM
It's been so rainy the last few days I'm feeling offshore

11th November 15, 06:18 AM
W-pNbEpUcWA

NoBowie
11th November 15, 09:25 AM

Hopefully we get a more sensibly sized government and less entitled, more productive citizenry.

11th November 15, 09:50 AM
So who's gonna pay for you military expenditure?

Pie of Hate
11th November 15, 10:54 AM
Not the Welsh!

NoBowie
11th November 15, 11:47 AM
So who's gonna pay for you, military expenditure?

How dare you call me 'military expenditure'!

I pay for myself.

If you meant 'your military expenditure', then a sensibly sized government in the U.S. includes a large military for the world police shit.

Police the world, reduce the size of your domestic government personnel. Just surveil / record the shit out of them.

MerkinMuffly
11th November 15, 02:33 PM
The equipment they used to surveil the Iraquis ended up killing a half million of them.

NoBowie
11th November 15, 02:44 PM
The equipment they used to surveil the Iraquis ended up killing a half million of them.

The surveil part was for the domestic populace, not the world.

We policed the hell out of Iraq. And they are better for it.

MerkinMuffly
11th November 15, 02:57 PM
I just realized that I was trying to talk sense to a person who hasn't even recognized the fact that he is merely a sperm donor to a communist terror baby.

My bad.

Feryk
13th November 15, 02:03 PM
Three. Three communist terror babies.

Üser Friendly
13th November 15, 02:37 PM
Three, so far

MerkinMuffly
13th November 15, 02:55 PM
l1Vsq0lUYQ4

NoBowie
13th November 15, 03:10 PM
My missus is not a commie. Very capitalist. She came to the U.S. and worked her way up from nothing.

A bit more conservative than I in most areas, but that's alright. She is more new-agey than I in the child rearing department, which is where most of our conflicts arise.

MerkinMuffly
13th November 15, 03:23 PM
I blame Oprah.

Pie of Hate
15th November 15, 05:21 AM
My missus is not a commie. Very capitalist. She came from the Internet and married her way up from nothing.

FTFY

Cullion
15th November 15, 08:00 AM

I can assure you that the staff of big technology companies with London offices are paying a lot of fucking tax still.

Üser Friendly
15th November 15, 11:49 AM
I can assure you that the staff of big technology companies with London offices are paying a lot of fucking tax still. But I'm not bitter because my contribution has cleaned some MP's moat

FTFY

Feryk
16th November 15, 04:40 PM
My missus is not a commie. Very capitalist. She came to the U.S. and worked her way up from nothing.

A bit more conservative than I in most areas, but that's alright. She is more new-agey than I in the child rearing department, which is where most of our conflicts arise.

Why did you think we were referring to her? It was aimed at YOU.

NoBowie
16th November 15, 04:51 PM
Why did you think we were referring to her? It was aimed at YOU.

Although I would love to have been born a decade earlier to better participate in the cold war, that is to fight on the U.S. side, not for Mother Russia.

Do I fantasize about being captured and pegged into submission by a hot Soviet female agent? Sure, dozens of times a day. Who doesn't?

But that doesn't make me a commie.

Cullion
16th November 15, 05:08 PM
I bet you've watched Top Gun a lot of times.

NoBowie
16th November 15, 05:12 PM
I bet you've watched Top Gun a lot of times.

Well, maybe. But I usually just skip the volleyball scene.

Zmfd9etbXGE

Pie of Hate
17th November 15, 05:07 AM
Well, maybe. But I usually just skip straight to the volleyball scene.