PDA

View Full Version : Michael Eisner inserts foot into mouth.

Feryk
6th July 15, 03:57 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-chief-michael-eisner-a-806748

Quote from article:
"In the history of the motion-picture business, the number of beautiful, really beautiful women — a Lucille Ball — that are funny, is impossible to find.

So, does this make him a sexist asshole, or just an experienced movie exec.

Apparently, people are pissed about this.

Spade: The Real Snake
6th July 15, 03:58 PM
People should be pissed that he thinks an obvious DQ Tranny like Lucille Ball is "really beautiful".

Feryk
6th July 15, 03:59 PM
I think people should be pissed that he couldn't come up with Tina Fey, or Elizabeth Banks before he spoke. Both funny, both hot.

Feryk
6th July 15, 04:01 PM
http://img2-1.timeinc.net/people/i/2008/news/081215/tina_fey.jpghttp://www.strangepersons.com/images/content/182376.jpg

6th July 15, 04:06 PM
Well, he's actually right.
There are small pockets of time, like the Goldie Hawn movies in the late 70s/early 80s, where a funny female can have a movie built around her.
Hawn was like Fey or Mary Tyler Moore....'cute'.
Approachable.
Not like, say, Angelina Jolie, that would be considered "BEAUTIFUL".
But Jolie doesn't do comedy movies and isn't considered "funny".
Elizabeth Banks doesn't have movies built around her. Last film I can think of that was built around her was "Walk of Shame" which was seen by a grand total of a cozy half-dozen.
Bridesmaids was an ensemble cast and there was no one person carrying it.
Anna Farris is probably the closest to a Goldie Hawn, right now, but she doesn't open movies....not like, say....a Private Benjamin.

Feryk
6th July 15, 04:14 PM
See you are letting actual thought into your reaction to this. You would fail in the Twitterverse, where instantaneous overreaction is required.

6th July 15, 04:21 PM
See you are letting actual thought into your reaction to this. You would fail in the Twitterverse, where instantaneous overreaction is required.
The closest you are going to find to a "beautiful funny woman" is Jennifer Anniston, who isn't really that funny. She's funny when she has someone really good to work off of, like Charlie Day in the Horrible Bosses stuff, but she's not FUNNY, like say Lisa Lampanelli funny.
Whitney Cummings is attractive and was funny in the roast I saw her on. Sarah Silverman *can* be funny, but isn't beautiful.

Conversely, most "handsome" men aren't funny and most funny guys aren't generally considered attractive. I think Eddie Murphy would probably have been the last leading man level of attractiveness that was funny.

Feryk
6th July 15, 04:26 PM
My daughter thinks Channing Tatum is both hot and funny.

MerkinMuffly
6th July 15, 04:39 PM
People should be pissed that he thinks an obvious DQ Tranny like Lucille Ball is "really beautiful". She was born in 1911. by the time she did I Love Lucy she was already past her prime.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/a1ca1b2bec671a8c34c7794829865554/tumblr_mkp2p4G5Is1qebh0ko1_500.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2FYoung-Lucille-Ball&ei=ZvWaVbiQLs-KoQTbkKuYCg&bvm=bv.96952980,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNGI-rQiUHbRNE4Z2PoALRij7GMOaA&ust=1436305041215224)

MerkinMuffly
6th July 15, 04:40 PM
The closest you are going to find to a "beautiful funny woman" is Jennifer Anniston, who isn't really that funny. She's funny when she has someone really good to work off of, like Charlie Day in the Horrible Bosses stuff, but she's not FUNNY, like say Lisa Lampanelli funny.
Whitney Cummings is attractive and was funny in the roast I saw her on. Sarah Silverman *can* be funny, but isn't beautiful.

Conversely, most "handsome" men aren't funny and most funny guys aren't generally considered attractive. I think Eddie Murphy would probably have been the last leading man level of attractiveness that was funny. I EAT DARK MEAT

6th July 15, 04:57 PM
My daughter thinks Channing Tatum is both hot and funny.
He's amusing because he's stupid or plays stupid well.
Be he's much devoid of personality.

6th July 15, 04:58 PM
She was born in 1911. by the time she did I Love Lucy she was already past her prime.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/a1ca1b2bec671a8c34c7794829865554/tumblr_mkp2p4G5Is1qebh0ko1_500.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tumblr.com%2Ftagged%2FYoung-Lucille-Ball&ei=ZvWaVbiQLs-KoQTbkKuYCg&bvm=bv.96952980,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNGI-rQiUHbRNE4Z2PoALRij7GMOaA&ust=1436305041215224)
The magic of filters and lighting still doesn't make her beautiful.

But thank you for proving my point that women aren't funny.

Feryk
6th July 15, 04:58 PM
I just don't see it with him. Seems like a hardworking, decent schmuck in interviews, but has a face like a smashed in pumpkin (to me). My daughter thinks he's all that.

MerkinMuffly
6th July 15, 06:19 PM
The magic of filters and lighting still doesn't make her beautiful.

But thank you for proving my point that women aren't funny.

CWhNTbehIhM

Being homosexual is nothing to be ashamed of Snake.

6th July 15, 06:55 PM
Being homosexual is nothing to be ashamed of Snake.
I agree, which is why nobody is faulting your fascination with gay icon Lucille Ball.

MerkinMuffly
6th July 15, 07:24 PM
I agree, which is why nobody is faulting your fascination with gay icon Lucille Ball.

Nor your fascination with Eddie Murphy.

Harpy
7th July 15, 02:53 AM
Feryk - I concur.

Harpy
7th July 15, 02:54 AM
Melissa McCarthy is not funny.

Rebel Wilson, yes!

MerkinMuffly
7th July 15, 03:06 AM
Wgm1eKa4yZ8
?

MerkinMuffly
7th July 15, 03:09 AM
It's such a shame that Melissa makes four times the income of Rebel by not being funny.

Üser Friendly
7th July 15, 03:10 AM
beautiful people don't need to funny

MerkinMuffly
7th July 15, 03:39 AM
But it certainly helps.

Cullion
7th July 15, 04:44 AM
I think Sarah Silverman's hot.

MerkinMuffly
7th July 15, 04:46 AM
She is and I don't care who thinks otherwise.

Feryk
7th July 15, 12:46 PM
Feryk - I concur.

To which part? Channing Tatum is both hot and funny? Wanting to bump uglies with Elizabeth Banks and Tina Fey?

Feryk
7th July 15, 12:47 PM

Rebel Wilson, yes!

Watch 'Spy' and tell me that again. I thought it was great. Her ad libs were hysterical.

7th July 15, 01:20 PM
Nor your fascination with Eddie Murphy.
You are nearly as stupid as Dooftardo and rival is reading incomprehension.

Üser Friendly
7th July 15, 01:50 PM

Nearly

MerkinMuffly
7th July 15, 01:52 PM

You are nearly as defensive as doofag and rival his spelling disability.

"I think Eddie Murphy would probably have been the last leading man level of attractiveness that was funny."

You are attracted to BBC. It's nothing to be ashamed of since you two could even get married in rebel flag underwear if you wanted to now.

Üser Friendly
7th July 15, 01:56 PM
Girls, girls

There's no need to fight over me

I have plenty of doofalove to share around

MerkinMuffly
7th July 15, 02:02 PM
Girls, girls

There's no need to fight over me

I have plenty of doofalove to share around

I don't mess around with leprechaun trinkets.

Üser Friendly
7th July 15, 02:09 PM
I don't mess around with leprechaun trinkets.

Racist

7th July 15, 02:30 PM
"I think Eddie Murphy would probably have been the last leading man level of attractiveness that was funny."
You just outed yourself as a Doofahumper.

Syntactical Disruptorize
7th July 15, 09:19 PM

Rebel Wilson, yes!

Again, what do you believe is the basis of humor?

nihilist
7th July 15, 10:22 PM
Eddie Murphy's material doesn't hold up.
I never thought snake would come out as gay for him.

Harpy
8th July 15, 12:29 AM
You liked Bridesmaids didn't you?

Harpy
8th July 15, 12:30 AM
Eddie Murphy's material doesn't hold up.
I never thought snake would come out as gay for him.
I emphatically disagree. Coming to America and less so Bowfinger and Beverley Hills Cop were pretty good.

MerkinMuffly
8th July 15, 01:03 AM
Steve Martin wrote Bowfinger you git.
Eddie stole the storyline to Coming To America and someone else wrote the screenplay.
He didn't provide material for BHC either.

Do you even know what material means as it pertains to comedians?

MerkinMuffly
8th July 15, 01:04 AM
Answer his question and stop being such a resolve.

Syntactical Disruptorize
8th July 15, 01:06 AM

There a reason I'm asking. Please try and answer. I'm not trying to punk you here.

Pie of Hate
8th July 15, 05:30 AM

When it's in reference to black comedians, it usually means "written by one of the Wayans Brothers".

Harpy
8th July 15, 07:17 AM
We have our formula, no reason to try something different.

Harpy
8th July 15, 07:23 AM
http://m.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/michael-eisner-addresses-sexist-claims-about-funny-women-201577

The poor sap is having to explain himself. This is news.

Üser Friendly
8th July 15, 08:10 AM

Custard pies

Syntactical Disruptorize
8th July 15, 08:13 AM
Custard pies
What makes custard pies funny? Is a custard pie just sitting on a table funny?

I wasn't asking this of you, but this approach may work too; I don't expect Lily to respond usefully.

Feryk
8th July 15, 12:26 PM
Steve Martin wrote Bowfinger you git.
Eddie stole the storyline to Coming To America and someone else wrote the screenplay.
He didn't provide material for BHC either.

Delirious and Raw are still two of the best standup films ever. Murphy is funny.

Feryk
8th July 15, 12:30 PM
http://m.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/michael-eisner-addresses-sexist-claims-about-funny-women-201577

The poor sap is having to explain himself. This is news.

He should have to. People have used his comments in a way he never intended. He needs to clarify.

Not like all of us haven't been guilty of a similar sin more than once.

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
8th July 15, 12:41 PM
Murphy was funny for a while.

ftfy

MerkinMuffly
8th July 15, 01:36 PM
Delirious and Raw are still two of the best standup films ever. Murphy is funny.
Most of the material doesn't hold up. It was only funny the first time.

MerkinMuffly
8th July 15, 01:55 PM
I removed the 20 instances of the word fuck fucker and motherfucker to examine what his actual material consisted of.

Oh,Eddie, get the dog away from my plate. I'm gonna shoot this dog! I'm gonna shoot the mother - shut up! I'm gonna shoot it. Stop crying. Stop crying, Eddie, cause you'll get the hell out. You'll get the hell - I know your seven. I know your seven. But you'll be a seven-year-old-wakin-the-dog-with-no-house- so and so!
You know it is cause it's mine, and I hate this dog. Cause you never answer the dog, you don't spend time with the dog, Eddie! You dont feed the dog! You don't pet it! You even don't know the dog's name is anymore, do you? The dog dont give a crap cause he doesn't know his name. The dog is is three years old, dont know his name. Watch this. Coco? Where the hell is he going? The dog stupid cause you don't spend time with the dog. And I'm supposed to work hard all day and come home and feed the dog? hell no! I am not feeding the dog. You know, Eddie, when nobody's home, you know what I do? I walk to the dog and I kick him. I kicked the dog with everything I got, Eddie. I did and I giggled my ass off cause I hate the dog. Cause you don't clean up behind it. Why can't you clean up the dog - This aint Scooby Doo! Why can't you clean the dog? The dog shits all over the house and when no one tells you, Eddie, you dont clean the shit. You let the shit stay forever. This shit has been in the den for six months, Eddie. It has been in the den for six months and when you kids go passed it, you act like you dont see it unless you told you wont clean the shit. The shit is hard as a rock now. It's like furniture in there. I went in there last week to watch the fight and i said "screw it" and put my drink on top of it, Eddie. It's a coffee table now! Why cant you clean up shit! My friends came over and go "Oh, that's lovely" and I was like "That's not lovely, it's a piece of SHIT! Cause my children don't listen!"