PDA

View Full Version : Zoot allures! Now I will never be a super model!

Üser Friendly
17th March 15, 08:54 AM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/286/f/b/female_skeleton_by_qwertzus-d3917yz.jpg

http://www.france24.com/en/20150316-france-ban-skinny-models-anorexia/

Article- The French government is expected to throw its weight behind amendments to a new health bill that would ban the fashion world from hiring underweight models, slapping violators with fines or even prison sentences, the health minister said Monday

I like the idea, normalising the ideals of body image, and the expectations that go along with them

IMO models should be atheletes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdbtZqEyE7U

Üser Friendly
17th March 15, 08:59 AM
This kind of athelete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOdH9fKfiBk

Pie of Hate
17th March 15, 01:29 PM
This kind of athelete

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/51435807.jpg

Üser Friendly
17th March 15, 02:02 PM
You say it with your chest

Feryk
17th March 15, 02:58 PM
I don't think governments should legislate acceptable body image standards.

It will simply make the underweight starvation look more desirable because it's not legal.

Spade: The Real Snake
17th March 15, 03:32 PM

It will simply make the underweight starvation look more desirable because it's not legal.
It's the French, what do you expect.

Feryk
17th March 15, 04:00 PM
They are French. I expect nothing and am usually underwhelmed.

NoBowie
17th March 15, 04:04 PM
I like the idea, normalising the ideals of body image, and the expectations that go along with them

IMO models should be atheletes

Of course you do, you are the same person who thinks government should step way too far into regulating commercials.

Why do you hate freedom and reasonable government size so much? Are you a submissive or something?

Feryk
17th March 15, 04:07 PM
If you have to ask, you already know.

NoBowie
17th March 15, 05:16 PM
If you have to ask, you already know.

Alison Brie, I have to ask, what does your pussy taste like?

Üser Friendly
17th March 15, 07:16 PM
I want my kids to have healthy role models

if industry can not be trusted to provide them, just as with the chemical industry in days gone by and it's proclivity to pollute waterways and such, then it is the role of gvt to regulate

It's a public health issue

NoBowie
17th March 15, 07:56 PM
I want my kids to have healthy role models

if industry can not be trusted to provide them, just as with the chemical industry in days gone by and it's proclivity to pollute waterways and such, then it is the role of gvt to regulate

It's a public health issue

Bullshit. It is your responsibility to provide healthy role models, not the government. You basically control their entertainment until their teen years. They should be solid by then if you did your job. And this is not a big "OMG I failed to prevent them from wanting to be skinny and now they will die!!!" thing. This is a minor issue that doesn't need government interference.

"Mental pollution" is much different than actual physical pollution. For one thing, good parenting prevents the effects of mental pollution. It can't do much about physical pollution. You would have them in every crack of our lives. Shameful.

17th March 15, 09:09 PM
I can give you the number of an Italian that can raise your kids.

nihilist
18th March 15, 04:09 AM
I want my kids to ...

You are too stupid to have children.
Cut the other one off and do the world a favor for gods sake.

18th March 15, 07:59 AM
Knowing Doofa, he will do something stupid, like buttscoot over a bear trap and let Darwin take it for him.

Üser Friendly
18th March 15, 08:15 AM
You are too stupid to have children.
Cut the other one off and do the world a favor for gods sake.

Too late I'm afraid

By the way fertility and inteligence are not linked

@ NoB, i would take your point of view more seriously if you did not also argue that land owner and tennants can only grow certain plant in specific areas of thier land, and they should be taken to court if they don't comply

Libertarian? I don't think so

Üser Friendly
18th March 15, 08:20 AM

It is more along the lines of, if a candidate is suitable for the role, and if they fulfill all the criteria, ie, are they healthy?

Government legislate about all kinds of jobs and their required qualifications, both physical and mental

Are you sugesting that because, to be a state registered Dr you need a medical degree, all the cool kids will drop out of school to be edgy?

Feryk
18th March 15, 10:34 AM
Alison Brie, I have to ask, what does your pussy taste like?

While I appreciate the sentiment, you are seriously contextually challenged.

Feryk
18th March 15, 10:36 AM
@ NoB, i would take your point of view more seriously if you did not also argue that land owner and tennants can only grow certain plant in specific areas of thier land, and they should be taken to court if they don't comply

Oh no you didn't.

NoBowie
18th March 15, 10:42 AM
Too late I'm afraid

By the way fertility and inteligence are not linked

That's a neighborhood agreement by a small local group, not a government mandate. HUGE difference.

Üser Friendly
18th March 15, 11:48 AM
Different yes

a person's front garden affects maybe 20 other people, the fake un-healthy body image used by the fasion industry, to make millions of currency, affects millions of people in USA alone

In the United States, 20 million women and 10 million men suffer from a clinically significant eating disorder at some time in their life, including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, or an eating disorder not otherwise specified (EDNOS) (Wade, Keski-Rahkonen, & Hudson, 2011).

http://www.eatingdisorderfoundation.org/EDFFAQ.htm

look at poor snake

See how he punishes himself in the gym to achieve an architype that is unrealistic

You realise it has been 20 years since he swallowed a cookie?

NoBowie
18th March 15, 11:57 AM
Different yes

a person's front garden affects maybe 20 other people, the fake un-healthy body image used by the fasion industry, to make millions of currency, affects millions of people in USA alone

Bullshit. Does not follow. The effect of a front garden can be measured in actual dollar value decreases on surrounding homes and increased pest / animal activity.

The effect of a model walking down a runway who is 'unhealthy' cannot be directly tied to body disorders. Most folks with eating disorders had home / family problems that had nothing to do with watching 'Next top model'

Get a grip on reality.

nihilist
18th March 15, 12:00 PM
Never argue with an idiot because passerby's can never tell who's the idiot.

NoBowie
18th March 15, 12:05 PM
Never argue with an idiot because passerby's can never tell who's the idiot.

There are no 'passerbys' on Sociocide.

Besides, sometimes I am the idiot. Treat others like you want to be treated.

nihilist
18th March 15, 12:38 PM
There are no 'passerbys' on Sociocide.

"There are currently 22 users browsing this thread."

sometimes I am the idiot.

And you do it well.

NoBowie
18th March 15, 12:40 PM
"There are currently 22 users browsing this thread."

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the 19 'guests' are web-crawling bots, my friend.

Üser Friendly
18th March 15, 01:17 PM
The effect of a model walking down a runway who is 'unhealthy' cannot be directly tied to body disorders.

the British Medical Assosiation dissagrees

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/769290.stm

Get a grip on hypocrasy.

FTFY

nihilist
18th March 15, 01:21 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the 19 'guests' are web-crawling bots, my friend.
Well then apologize for calling the three non-bots nobody.

NoBowie
18th March 15, 01:41 PM
the British Medical Assosiation dissagrees

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/769290.stm

FTFY

There is debate on that. (below) And the government should not be involved. What kind of fucking person are you? You want to dictate what type of models clothing magazines can use for their fashion models? You are a fucking facist. And a bad parent if you want the government to parent for you. Forget your awful 'svelte' body, your uniball status and your dirt fetish. Your mind is the problem.

"It's reasonable to say that exposure could be a factor in the development of eating disorders," she continued. "But has a causal link been established? No." - Dr. Allegra Broft, a psychiatrist in the Eating Disorders Program at Columbia Psychiatry

"In other words, if a woman has a predisposition for an eating disorder and spends a lot of time looking at fashion magazines, this can be one of the factors that triggers feeling bad about her body, which she then turns into eating disorder behavior, like excessive dieting." - Susan Albers, Psy.D., a psychologist at the Cleveland Clinic

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/13/fashion-eating-disorders-industry-responsibility_n_955497.html

18th March 15, 01:50 PM
Dr Vivienne Nathanson, BMA head of science, said: "The image of slim models in the media are a marked contrast to the body size and shape of most children and young women, who are becoming increasingly heavier."
http://www.sanatateabuzoiana.ro/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/dr.-Vivienne-Nathanson.jpg
HAWRHAWR

18th March 15, 01:56 PM
That entire article, positioned as "science", is filled with content-less claims and junk-food science, like your fattyassed fatty head of the BMA is filled with nutrition-less meals and fucking junk-food. The "B", I presume, stands for "Bullshit".

The report says that models and actresses in the 1990s commonly had body fat levels as low as 10% - the average for a healthy woman is 22% to 26%.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/e3dd164f2f716229bd61a5150cbf396a/tumblr_mj73njxdDM1s0zz9co1_1280.png
Using this picture, there aren't many models with a fucking 10% bodyfat.

18th March 15, 01:57 PM
That fat bish just needs to get off her ever-expanding lardass and do a little Zumba fucking Fitness.

NoBowie
18th March 15, 02:03 PM
Let's talk some statistics:

The average American woman is 5’4” tall and weighs 165 pounds. The average Miss America winner is 5’7” and weighs 121 pounds.

Guess who is fucking closer to a healthy weight?

http://i.imgur.com/vx5zw1r.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SZD1KYx.jpg

Miss America is much closer to ideal healthy weight! (and frame in the data is based on arm length, not 'big boned' shit excuse.)

So, we can see why so many girls have mums who are dieting... BECAUSE THEY ARE OVERWEIGHT.

If mum is dieting all the time, do you think that might fucking possibly affect what her daughter thinks MORE than a fucking magazine? God doof, you are dense.

Almost all behavioral issues in first world countries go back to parenting / childhood and genetics. Not the fucking media. Not what commercials they watch. Damn.

18th March 15, 02:05 PM
Dr Vivienne Nathanson thinks a 'cheat day' is any day which ends in "Y".

18th March 15, 02:08 PM
The year is 2023. The winner of the Miss America Pageant is determined by what you can fit in your ass.

NoBowie
18th March 15, 02:16 PM
The year is 2023. The winner of the Miss America Pageant is determined by what you can fit in your ass.

MISS ARKANSAS FIT AN ENTIRE RUGBY TEAM IN HER ASS!!! THERE SHE IS, MISS AMERICA!!!!

Üser Friendly
18th March 15, 02:58 PM
Let's talk some statistics:

The average American woman is 5’4” tall and weighs 165 pounds. The average Miss America winner is 5’7” and weighs 121 pounds.

Guess who is fucking closer to a healthy weight?

http://i.imgur.com/vx5zw1r.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SZD1KYx.jpg

Miss America is much closer to ideal healthy weight! (and frame in the data is based on arm length, not 'big boned' shit excuse.)

So, we can see why so many girls have mums who are dieting... BECAUSE THEY ARE OVERWEIGHT.

If mum is dieting all the time, do you think that might fucking possibly affect what her daughter thinks MORE than a fucking magazine? God doof, you are dense.

Almost all behavioral issues in first world countries go back to parenting / childhood and genetics. Not the fucking media. Not what commercials they watch. Damn.

So your average fat American cow is less healthy than Miss Anorexia?

Proove it

your bullshite tables are meaningless. 'Height in one inch heels'?

Get real

As to my stance on gvt involvement in civil engineering, well, you know where I stand

But you claim how you're such a libetarian, and fuck gvt interfering in you private life, yet as soon as your property prices might be affected and you reach straight for the jack boots

You're a hypocrite, a NIMBY and a fair weather libertarian

Üser Friendly
18th March 15, 03:07 PM
http://www.sanatateabuzoiana.ro/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/dr.-Vivienne-Nathanson.jpg
HAWRHAWR

it's Ok big fella

I know you find this topic hard to deal with

I know the struggle you go through every day

I'm preparing a happy memory for you

18th March 15, 03:29 PM
Dr Vivienne Nathanson is Dooftardo's hero, ensuring there will never be a market for Irish mail-order brides.

Feryk
18th March 15, 04:29 PM
I have to congratulate doofa on successfully derailing this conversation into yet another rant about healthy body weights when it is in fact about what government should and should not be legislating.

Who the fuck cares what the appropriate healthy body weight is in this context?

What pisses me off is the idea of some government moron determining who is and is not attractive - and then TELLING ME what I can and cannot see.

If they are going to do this are they going to ban obese people from modelling/television as well? They clearly have an unhealthy lifestyle they are 'promoting'.

Üser Friendly
19th March 15, 01:35 AM
Well someone has body image issues

So what should gvt be legislating on Feryk?

And you seem to be missing the point. It is not some bureaucrat makining subjective decisions about who is attractive and who is ugly, it is about health promotion and ill health prevention (which is better than cure, and cheaper in the long run)

As to banning fat models, if they are within an unhealty body weight catagory then they should also be affected by any model body type legislation, because they too are promoting an unhealthy lifestyle, and in the long run, putting pressure on the (public in France) health care system

NoBowie
19th March 15, 05:42 AM
Well someone has body image issues

So what should gvt be legislating on Feryk?

Not this. Government doesn't need to be involved in what body images are or are not portrayed in the media at all.

They can fund their studies that show us what body weight is healthy at what height / etc. Doctors can provide that info to their patients.

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
19th March 15, 05:48 AM
They already do

Harpy
19th March 15, 06:27 AM
Judo lesbian says Yes!!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AmiOEQ7_Whc/UCK3NYTD0SI/AAAAAAAATpw/F2SdtUE4k4E/s1600/OLY_14.jpg

Üser Friendly
19th March 15, 06:38 AM
Not this. Government doesn't need to be involved in what body images are or are not portrayed in the media at all.

It does need to get involved in public health

If an individual strays outside of the healthy norms, thus becoming a burden to society, the gvt has a duty to adress the issue

It also needs to get involved in child safety issues

If a child is malnourised, or over nourished they need protection

Just like toys have to pass safety tests to prevent needless risk

Sick kids become sick adults, that are a burden on us all

It's called strategic thinking NoB

NoBowie
19th March 15, 06:55 AM
As we fought for grip, her pelvis brushed against my thigh. There was something hard there. Was she wearing a cup?

My thought was cut short when she swept my legs and I fell to the mat on my stomach. She was on my back before I could turn over. I felt the hardness again, pressing against the gap between my buttocks.

She controlled my head with one arm as she fumbled with her gi. Suddenly, it was out. A strap-on. Large, black, ribbed, wobbling up and down menacingly in the corner of my vision. I wanted to shout but her arm was around my throat, cutting off most of my breath.

I had agreed to practice with her, alone, after normal dojo hours. She was just a girl after all. I figured it would just be a light workout and a teaching opportunity for me and nothing more.

But now, she was fumbling with my belt, pulling down my pants, exposing her prize. She spit and I felt something warm and wet dribble down between my legs. She inhaled sharply and I felt her hips pull back so she could thrust home. I was going to be the girl tonight.

Judo lesbian says Yes!!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AmiOEQ7_Whc/UCK3NYTD0SI/AAAAAAAATpw/F2SdtUE4k4E/s1600/OLY_14.jpg

It's called strategic facism NoB

Yup, it is.

Some folks need to die. Darwin needs to be able to work his magic on society. Overpopulation is a problem, and we can fix it in many cases by simply doing nothing.

Government does not need to solve every problem and every risk. They should have their hands out of most things.

19th March 15, 07:06 AM
Government does not need to solve every problem and every risk. They should have their hands out of most things.

Except your own gardens right?

NoBowie
19th March 15, 07:10 AM
Except your own gardens right?

Again, that is a local group in agreement on standards for a neighborhood.

Very different than a national government regulating what people can / can't see. If you don't feel there is a difference we don't really have any common ground to discuss the issue from. Good day!

19th March 15, 07:26 AM
The year is 6969. Audi now make everything in the known Universe from handbags to supercomputers.

Due to restrictive food production laws GMO doughnuts have destroyed much of the Earth's food resources. The USA is now mostly populated by two a gene pools; one that has become resistant to trans fatty acids and has evolved into a gelatinous blob that it is believed originated in the Seattle area and a second that modern day scientists believe originated from humans interbreeding with kangaroo rats in Arizona & prays to a deity known as Zumbagoatess.

The only food source left is a mutated form of Wasabi that can only be imbibed rectally & is imported from a learning disabilities farm in Ireland.

What would it be like to live in this world?

19th March 15, 07:42 AM
It does need to get involved in public health

If an individual strays outside of the healthy norms, thus becoming a burden to society, the gvt has a duty to adress the issue

It also needs to get involved in child safety issues

If a child is malnourised, or over nourished they need protection

Just like toys have to pass safety tests to prevent needless risk

Sick kids become sick adults, that are a burden on us all

It's called strategic thinking NoB
I agree.
Like some fucking filthy, patchouli stinking hippy growing kale in his front yard, creates a rat haven.
Finally, Dooftardo peels away a level of 'retard' from his eyes

19th March 15, 07:43 AM
What would it be like to live in this world?
Like one of your average LSD-induced wetdreams, I expect.

Üser Friendly
19th March 15, 08:49 AM
so NoB

Should forced depopulation be a state run enterprise or should we hand it over to the public sector?

By the way the courts and judiciary are a branch of the [US] gvt, so as soon as one of your 'local standards agreements' hits the courts, and judgement is handed down, the gvt is very much involved

NoBowie
19th March 15, 10:22 AM
so NoB

Should forced depopulation be a state run enterprise or should we hand it over to the public sector?

No, as mentioned, the state doesn't have to take action. That is what is beautiful. Let folks get obese, let folks starve themselves. If someone is obese or anorexic and they don't have medical coverage through a job, don't provide healthcare through the state. Let them get to a healthy weight themselves or be forced to go without healthcare.

BTW Obesity is a much larger problem as far as public health effects go than 'skinny' type body image disorders.

By the way the courts and judiciary are a branch of the [US] gvt, so as soon as one of your 'local standards agreements' hits the courts, and judgement is handed down, the gvt is very much involved

Bullshit. All that happens is re-enforcement of a communities' right to set some level of their own standards for a community. Folks are free to pick a community without such restrictions, there are millions and millions of them.

Feryk
19th March 15, 10:27 AM
I was going to reply to doofa, but NoB is actually doing fine on his own. Doof, how many areas of life do you want your government to tell you what to do or how to be?

nihilist
19th March 15, 12:54 PM
The buck stops at what he can do with a buck.

Üser Friendly
19th March 15, 03:02 PM
I was going to reply to doofa, but NoB is actually doing fine on his own. Doof, how many areas of life do you want your government to tell you what to do or how to be?

I asked you what you think gvt is for

NoB told me what he does not want Gvt to do

not realy the same thing

I'm quite happy with the way Ireland is run

They make lots of great laws, but never get round to doing anything about them

nihilist
19th March 15, 09:55 PM
You think government is supposed to tell the people what to do.
As usual, you have it completely ass-backwards.

Üser Friendly
20th March 15, 01:12 AM
So what do you think gvt is for Mr Molester

nihilist
20th March 15, 01:24 AM
To carry out the will of the people who are working hard and paying their salary so long as that will does not impinge upon the rights or freedoms of the citizenry.

Üser Friendly
20th March 15, 01:44 AM
Very cereal pack. Did you google the question and copy paste the answer?

How does Gvt know what the 'will of the people' is?

I'm a person, I have a will, should they be doing what I tell them

FREE shovels for EVERYONE!

Üser Friendly
20th March 15, 01:46 AM
The buck stops at what he can do with a buck.

I could buy your anus for the night with a buck

Feryk
20th March 15, 02:47 PM
That's WHY there are elections. And the people elected are called 'representatives'. They are SUPPOSED to reflect the will of the majority of the people in their riding.

As for what governments should be doing, I'm an advocate for smaller government for the most part.

Public Works - roads, highways, other infrastructure and maintenance of same.
Healthcare - basic healthcare for EVERYONE (including fat and skinny people), but I like a two tiered system that allows queue jumping and advanced treatments for those who can afford it.
Defense - Standing armies and intelligence should be handled by the government. I don't trust contractors/mercs for this.
Taxation - again, no one should privatize the Sheriff of Nottingham.
Natural Resource Management - Self explanatory really.
Environment - It's a nice country and we want to keep it that way. Responsible management and enforcement is the role of government.

I'm sure there are other things, but that is what is top of mind.

Btw, debating the role of government in society is a good and healthy thing. More people should do it more often.

Üser Friendly
20th March 15, 03:30 PM
That's a good list Feryk. Thanks. I'll definatly vote for you

I think 'Health Care' covers anorexic models

Which dept covers noB's 'anti-veg in the front garden' pogrom?

Pie of Hate
20th March 15, 03:34 PM
POGROM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogrom)

Spelling really does matter.

Üser Friendly
20th March 15, 03:38 PM
?

Üser Friendly
20th March 15, 03:39 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4e/Pluenderung_der_Judengasse_1614.jpg/350px-Pluenderung_der_Judengasse_1614.jpg

Where's Wally?

Pie of Hate
21st March 15, 05:49 AM

Üser Friendly
21st March 15, 03:00 PM
Stop being criptyc Cake

Harpy
21st March 15, 06:10 PM
If I post here any longer I'm going to forget how to spell.

Üser Friendly
21st March 15, 08:42 PM
póg mo thóin

Pie of Hate
21st March 15, 10:19 PM
nbbhjkbhkbkmb?

Üser Friendly
22nd March 15, 03:32 AM
egsachly!

Feryk
23rd March 15, 11:48 AM

NoB's Anti-Gardening stance is a local matter for local municipalities to decide. It would depend on the bylaws they choose.

As for me, my official policy would be more along the lines of 'You own it, you are responsible for it'. If we know there is a link between gardening and vermin, then be prepared to pay reparations to anyone who has a rat issue in the neighborhood.