PDA

View Full Version : Why This Video Is Significant To Me..

OZZ
1st May 14, 12:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDVI2-ASiNCac&v=VI2-ASiNCac

I was never a fan of Bon Jovi growing up, never owned an album or went to see him in concert. But for some reason this video always hit home with me.
I do recall that many Catholics were offended by it and managed to get it pulled from MTV for a time. After its initial release , it was on for a while and then it was years and years before it ever aired here in Canada on Muchmusic as well.

Perhaps it hits home due to the fact that it is reminiscent of a relationship I had with a high-school sweetheart back then.
She wasn't from a religious family, but she was from a well-to-do family who didn't take kindly to a long-haired hoodlum with a black leather jacket and motorcycle dating their daughter.
Actually, her mother liked me, it was her dad who hated me. He knew she lost her virginity with me, and he was determined to keep us apart.
And yes, he imposed his will upon her and managed to tear us apart...eventually.
It wasn't quite as melodramatic as the video, but he did come over and make her leave my apartment one night. Julie was going to 'rebel' and stay with me, saying all sorts of crazy stuff..we were going to run away together..bla bla..in the end, I told her to leave with her father because I didn't want her to get in trouble and risk ruining her life over me. It couldn't have ended well..early pregnancy or something like that..nah. I decided to let her go. She cried..I watched her get in her father's Cadillac and drive off into the night. So sad..
I made the right choice, for her sake.
She is now a French-language instructor at U of T. Brilliant girl, my Julie. I did what was best for you, dear. xo

Sans God
1st May 14, 04:28 AM
I'm old school too OZZ. I understand where you're coming from. Thank you for sharing a portion of your life with us!

Spade: The Real Snake
1st May 14, 07:50 AM
On a steel-horse you ride?

AAAAAA
1st May 14, 09:57 AM
How the Cadillac dad saw OZZ:

v1cFCvwJKJ4

nihilist
1st May 14, 10:32 AM
Which one was the girl in that video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
1st May 14, 11:10 AM
Cake

nihilist
1st May 14, 11:23 AM
At least he's not a brony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st May 14, 11:39 AM
I'm pretty sure most Cadillac-driving dadz could kick-ass over every member of fucking Bon Jovi.

Pick a harder role model, OZZ.

OZZ
1st May 14, 12:22 PM
I'm pretty sure most Cadillac-driving dadz could kick-ass over every member of fucking Bon Jovi.

Pick a harder role model, OZZ.

I made it very clear I don't like Bon Jovi..although I have gained a little respect for JVB over the years.
I hated the group as a teen; I was listening to Slayer back in those days..my heavy-metal pals would have kicked me out of the clubhouse for so much as mentioning that I watched that video all the way through.
I think you know who my role models are, Snake. *wink*

OZZ
1st May 14, 12:27 PM
How the Cadillac dad saw OZZ:

v1cFCvwJKJ4

lol..yeah, that's about it.
Julie's dad must be a really rich old fucker nowadays, at that time he was 2ndVP of Goodlife Fitness, which is the number one health club in Canada now and has hundreds of gyms across the country.
He got on board at just the right time, I bet he is probably a millionaire now.

1st May 14, 01:52 PM
abCvE_3Pxok

Üser Friendly
1st May 14, 02:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxfjSnMN88U

Adouglasmhor
1st May 14, 05:13 PM
abCvE_3Pxok

I saw them live in the Glasgow Apollo in 1980

Sans God
2nd May 14, 03:26 AM
abCvE_3Pxok

Sorry Snake my friend. Do you really dig Triumph? There are so many other bands out there that are much better. WADR just sayin.

billy sol hurok
2nd May 14, 07:05 AM
I saw them live in the Oxymoron in 1980

Is (/was) there really such a thing?

Did they have a Grit Git (http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/30/arts/sandman-sims-86-tap-dancer-and-fixture-at-the-apollo.html)?

2nd May 14, 08:19 AM
Sorry Snake my friend. Do you really dig Triumph? There are so many other bands out there that are much better. WADR just sayin.
They are Canucklestanian, as is OZZ.
They are underappreciated longhaired Metal Gods, as is OZZ.
They cry, over lost love, in the rain, to hide their tears, as does OZZ.

I think I fucking nailed it, again.

Pie of Hate
2nd May 14, 08:37 AM
Cake

You wish.

2nd May 14, 10:22 AM
OZZ learned how to live......OZZ learned how to love......Cuz every "Bad Boy" has a heart of gold.....
pNCiXKpO94g

Pie of Hate
2nd May 14, 10:32 AM
Careful Snake. Every OZZ has his thorn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c56vEgA4fjU

Feryk
2nd May 14, 11:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDVI2-ASiNCac&v=VI2-ASiNCac

I was never a fan of Bon Jovi growing up, never owned an album or went to see him in concert. But for some reason this video always hit home with me.
I do recall that many Catholics were offended by it and managed to get it pulled from MTV for a time. After its initial release , it was on for a while and then it was years and years before it ever aired here in Canada on Muchmusic as well.

Perhaps it hits home due to the fact that it is reminiscent of a relationship I had with a high-school sweetheart back then.
She wasn't from a religious family, but she was from a well-to-do family who didn't take kindly to a long-haired hoodlum with a black leather jacket and motorcycle dating their daughter.
Actually, her mother liked me, it was her dad who hated me. He knew she lost her virginity with me, and he was determined to keep us apart.
And yes, he imposed his will upon her and managed to tear us apart...eventually.
It wasn't quite as melodramatic as the video, but he did come over and make her leave my apartment one night. Julie was going to 'rebel' and stay with me, saying all sorts of crazy stuff..we were going to run away together..bla bla..in the end, I told her to leave with her father because I didn't want her to get in trouble and risk ruining her life over me. It couldn't have ended well..early pregnancy or something like that..nah. I decided to let her go. She cried..I watched her get in her father's Cadillac and drive off into the night. So sad..
I made the right choice, for her sake.
She is now a French-language instructor at U of T. Brilliant girl, my Julie. I did what was best for you, dear. xo

Worked out best for everyone. If I were her dad, I'dve killed you.

2nd May 14, 11:09 AM
If I were her dad, I give U KROTTY.

Feryk
2nd May 14, 11:13 AM
Listen, the LAST thing I want is my daughter to end up with some Antique dealer who has a cat fetish.

Feryk
2nd May 14, 11:13 AM
...and loves the FLYERS?!?

2nd May 14, 11:17 AM
Listen, the LAST thing I want is my daughter to end up with some Antique dealer who has a cat fetish.
Fucking awesome.

Just simply fucking awesome.

EDIT:

UPVOTE THIS BEARYK INSULT, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!

OZZ
2nd May 14, 11:30 AM

But my life would have taken a completely different course if i had ended up with her.
Julie was a brilliant girl, she won a scholarship to one of the best Universities in Canada and has a PhD now.
Not sure where things would have led for me, as it happened , I was behind bars less than a year after our breakup.:icon_jawdrop:
I took it pretty hard.

OZZ
2nd May 14, 11:37 AM
They are Canucklestanian, as is OZZ.
They are underappreciated longhaired Metal Gods, as is OZZ.
They cry, over lost love, in the rain, to hide their tears, as does OZZ.

I think I fucking nailed it, again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_4ULKpkLNc

This is the song she thought summed things up..it was big at the time.

Üser Friendly
2nd May 14, 12:48 PM
did you aquire your cat fetish in the big house OZZ?

2nd May 14, 12:57 PM
insert random "pussy proxy" comment here

Feryk
2nd May 14, 01:22 PM
But my life would have taken a completely different course if i had ended up with her.
Julie was a brilliant girl, she won a scholarship to one of the best Universities in Canada and has a PhD now.
Not sure where things would have led for me, as it happened , I was behind bars less than a year after our breakup.:icon_jawdrop:
I took it pretty hard.

Well, either YOU would have cleaned up your act and started to TRY to live up to your new Daddy In Laws expectations of you (and you never would, btw, because Dad In Laws like that are assholes that way). When it became clear that he was never going to accept you, you would have either rebelled and been arrested anyways, or lived a life of quiet desperation, leading to a midlife crisis.

OR

She would've fallen to your level and ended up with multiple tats, STDs and a brood of children with different fathers.

Things DO actually happen for a reason.

OZZ
2nd May 14, 02:20 PM

No, but I learned one thing very quickly..and that is that relatively uneducated felons who have spent many years in prison are damn good at Scrabble.

Üser Friendly
2nd May 14, 03:16 PM
I got analised on a triple word score

Üser Friendly
2nd May 14, 03:19 PM
I supose, in a way, the old guy was right all along

2nd May 14, 03:45 PM
I would have built her a shanty and made her my bucket-shitting bride!

Sans God
2nd May 14, 11:54 PM
I took it pretty hard.
Led Zep behind bars as opposed to lead behind bars. Nice Freudian Bro!

Sans God
3rd May 14, 12:01 AM
Well, either YOU would have cleaned up your act and started to TRY to live up to your new Daddy In Laws expectations of you (and you never would, btw, because Dad In Laws like that are assholes that way). When it became clear that he was never going to accept you, you would have either rebelled and been arrested anyways, or lived a life of quiet desperation, leading to a midlife crisis.

OR

She would've fallen to your level and ended up with multiple tats, STDs and a brood of children with different fathers.

Things DO actually happen for a reason.

A reason,I'm not so sure OZZ but I enjoy the Pink Floyd reference and I respect your posts. Thanks so much.

Adouglasmhor
3rd May 14, 12:41 AM
Is (/was) there really such a thing?

Did they have a Grit Git (http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/30/arts/sandman-sims-86-tap-dancer-and-fixture-at-the-apollo.html)?
http://www.glasgowapollo.com/

For years it was really the only place to see bands if you didn't have a students union card.

Sans God
3rd May 14, 01:23 AM
Damn straight Dougie. Kick ass bands played there I'm fixin to get me new t shirt.

OZZ
3rd May 14, 01:28 AM

Jesus...even the dumbest cons I played scrabble with could spell acquire..you would be the wing bitch 4 sure.

Sans God
3rd May 14, 01:40 AM
Wing bitch would be painful if one couldn't spell indeed. I could hold my own and represent with the appropriate number of tattoos.

Adouglasmhor
3rd May 14, 02:44 AM
No, but I learned one thing very quickly..and that is that relatively uneducated felons who have spent many years in prison are damn good at Scrabble.

It was chess here.

Sans God
3rd May 14, 03:13 AM
Shit,I thought we were all taking krotty back then.

Üser Friendly
3rd May 14, 04:31 AM
Jesus...even the dumbest cons I played scrabble with could spell acquire..you would be the wing bitch 4 sure.

Well I am a team player

Sans God
3rd May 14, 04:35 AM
Well I am a team player

Trust me my friend,you don't want to be on this team. Talk about butthurt.

Feryk
5th May 14, 10:32 AM
Trust me my friend,you don't want to be on this team. Talk about butthurt.

You realize you are both referring to NoB's retirement plan?