PDA

View Full Version : This short clip is better than all three Star Wars Prequels combined :)

resolve
28th March 14, 11:35 PM
faQO57Iwlo0

I loved how they used the choreography of the fight to tell a story about the characters themselves. Not a word needed to be spoken, and the same approach was taken in the first movies, which was why those fights were so epic compared to the prequels even though they were flashier.

resolve
28th March 14, 11:55 PM
These are also excellent character driven choreographies with tight cinematography:

RATMJ8JH1qo

pfa-Pa5IQLg

nihilist
29th March 14, 04:53 AM
faQO57Iwlo0

I loved how they used the choreography of the fight to tell a story about the characters themselves. Not a word needed to be spoken, and the same approach was taken in the first movies, which was why those fights were so epic compared to the prequels even though they were flashier.

Sorry but that sucks ass.

resolve
29th March 14, 01:10 PM
40 min fan film better with a plot better than any of the prequels. The editing and cinematography were a bit too far-flung from the Star Wars style and random sith warriors that didn't exist at the time of the empire (although some leeway could be provided with that, I'd rather see the emperor's red guards or something styled like that in a saber/staff duel), but it worked for this piece. I could imagine something with the Star Wars style and this type of character driven plot arc could've worked so much better for the movies. The choreography is not up to the standards of the others I posted (really gives nothing of the characters), but still decent.

hChZObLRPRc

nihilist
29th March 14, 04:08 PM
Same thing happened to The Matrix. The ideas on the fan forums made the following releases seem amateurish by comparison.

nihilist
29th March 14, 04:13 PM
BTW, the choreography in the first link you posted left much to be desired.
there were full one-second opportunities for his assailants to stab him in the back.

resolve
29th March 14, 08:37 PM
there were full one-second opportunities for his assailants to stab him in the back.

Yeah I had the same observation at first. The creator of the choreography said he wanted the sith character to be goading the jedi on by constantly turning his back to them and giving them opportunities to strike and then inevitably unseating them from the balanced emotions jedi are required to have when fighting so he gains the upper hand. He then stated that "force user saber battles" are like a high risk game of kinetic chess because you are using the force to think and "out-feel" your opponent several moves ahead. That seemed to make sense and I liked it better after that.

Then again, the other two I posted were a lot better.

Even then, still better than the prequelogy.

Spade: The Real Snake
29th March 14, 09:12 PM
take it to Bullshido, chunfagz

nihilist
29th March 14, 11:28 PM
Yeah I had the same observation at first. The creator of the choreography said he wanted the sith character to be goading the jedi on by constantly turning his back to them and giving them opportunities to strike and then inevitably unseating them from the balanced emotions jedi are required to have when fighting so he gains the upper hand. He then stated that "force user saber battles" are like a high risk game of kinetic chess because you are using the force to think and "out-feel" your opponent several moves ahead. That seemed to make sense and I liked it better after that.

The first one was so inept I stopped watching.
This is way better.
pSwy412nttI

Feryk
31st March 14, 02:06 PM

Very impressive for amateurs. They both really need more martial arts training if this is going to be their thing. Are they going for stuntman gigs, or trying for film direction?