PDA

View Full Version : Site is REALLLY SLLOWWWW

Feryk
4th July 13, 11:58 AM
Every single page I load takes forever. Long enough that explorer throws up a window telling me that it is due to a Long Running Script. I have to click 'Stop Script' every page.

Is it just me? Or is this everyone having this problem.

It's making the site almost unuseable today.

Pie of Hate
4th July 13, 01:05 PM
If you use explorer you deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Feryk
4th July 13, 03:24 PM
Yep. Switched to Chrome and everything is fine. Go figure :smile:

Pie of Hate
4th July 13, 03:27 PM
Odd. Have you got a lot of add ons that work in the background? I don't care what the adverts say, explorer is shit at multi-tasking.

Feryk
4th July 13, 04:14 PM
I don't think so. I didn't set any up when I first got the computer 18 months ago. It's a work laptop and IE 9 is our default browser that's approved by our idiotic IT department.

Forget that it sucks. These guys still haven't figured out how to run a 64 bit operating system, amongst other ridiculousness.

Pie of Hate
4th July 13, 04:17 PM
lol Are they still using punch cards to input information?

Feryk
4th July 13, 04:23 PM
Might as fucking well be. I've been wanting to upgrade my phone for the last six months, but I can't because the servers cannot handle the Z10. Forget that Blackberry made the tech available long before that, and our guys had access to it far enough in advance to be up and running on DAY 1.

We still have an exclusive deal with DELL to build our laptops that we require to run our business.

I bought my computer 18 months ago. I am running Windows 7 (32 bit). They will not allow me to upgrade to Windows 8 or Win 7 (64). As a result, my laptop can only have 4GB of Ram.

I fucking hate these pricks.