PDA

View Full Version : More Evidence As To Why Washington State Is Full Of "Morans"

Spade: The Real Snake
3rd November 12, 11:16 AM
While taking a break from my search of free video games while I try to recoup from this sudden onset of Progeria, I came across this story from home of NoB, STEEV and the Pinball Wizard WarSarcomaLoops:

http://mynorthwest.com/108/2119415/Local-Divers-Are-Furious-About-Octopus-Hunters-in-the-Puget-Sound (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/03/dylan-mayer-octopus-hunter_n_2068856.html)
http://mynorthwest.com/emedia/seattle/8/889/88930.jpg?filter=mynw/300wide

Some 19-yr. old kid was hunting for octopus in the Puget Sound and bagged himself a big 'un.

The Northwest Diving Institute (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Northwest-Diving-Institute/179211822166510) posted pix on their which generated a bunch of "outcry" and lead to this kid getting "Threats of Violence".

For a fucking octopus.

That was:

Mayer's actions were completely legal, but some question whether Alki Beach was the best place to go octopus hunting.

It gets better. Then this feely-good fucktard pulls this analogy fail out of his fishy ass:

"Duck hunting is legal. It's perfectly legal," diver Bob Bailey said. "Imagine how you would feel if, while you were enjoying these ducks in the park, someone walked up and shot them. That's very much analogous with how divers feel when someone pulls an octopus out of a popular site."
No, it isn't.
It isn't analogous at all.

There are already laws, in place, which prevent use of a firearm within most cities. So you can't go up in a "park" and "shoot the ducks" Bob Bailey. It is going to immediately be an illegal act of firing the weapon in a area not specifically designated for it....like an indoor firing range.

Second, there are permits and season for "duck hunting". Most places have tags for SPECIFIC areas and times where this "duck hunting" can occur.

Third, pulling a fucking cephalopod out of the Sound doesn't involve risk of injury to other people.......unlike FIRING A FUCKING SHOTGUN INTO A FLOCK OF DUCKS AT THE PARK WHILE OTHER PEOPLE ARE FEEDING THEM.

Quit trying to shoehorn your "feelings" into the subject and villianize a kid who went fishing.....ahem, excuse me....LEGALLY FISHING.

Bob Bailey (The Grateful Diver (http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/index.html)) needs a punch in the face.

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
3rd November 12, 11:23 AM
Did he eat it?

jubei33
3rd November 12, 11:39 AM
I haven't had octopus in a long time. We used to have takoyaki once a week. I'm going to have to be like: "Honey, let's all go to the movies!" like in in leave it to beaver, except with more octopus and less video.

3rd November 12, 11:42 AM
www.komonews.com/news/local/Octopus-hunter-Its-no-different-than-fishing-177044741.html

"I eat it for meat. It's no different than fishing. It's just a different animal," he said.

It's simply:
"I don't like it, it makes me feel bad, so even though it's legal, you shouldn't do it because it makes me sad."

3rd November 12, 11:43 AM
The involved game warden, Wendy Willette, said Mayer did not do anything wrong.

"I think the timing, manner and place where the harvest occurred may be the issue. It could have been done at a better time," she said. "It's like deer hunting. You don't kill a deer while kids are viewing it, and I think it's a similar problem here. You need to be sensitive to other drivers and people if you're going to be a sportsman."
A Game Warden is now making stupid analogies.

THIS ISN'T THE FUCKING WALKING DEAD AND CARL ISN'T GOING TO GET ERRONIOUSLY SHOT WHILE PEEKY-SNEAKYING A FUCKING DOE!!!

3rd November 12, 11:56 AM
So did he eat it?

3rd November 12, 12:06 PM
So did he eat it?
Are you wanting to know if he put the "squidhead" in his mouth?
Are you a Tory or a BBC employee?

Syntactical Disruptorize
3rd November 12, 12:26 PM
Octopi feel pain, but in a way that it is hard for me to care about.

Seattle hipsters likewise.

jubei33
3rd November 12, 01:10 PM
There is now an online petition that will be taken to a WDFW meeting next week in order to get protection for GPO in our waters.

This is ok.

This is not:

Dylan Mayer is a dangerous and vicious piece of scum society could well do without. If he begins murdering people...well, we told ya so! There is every indication that he is headed in that direction. I vote massive dosages of Thorazine for Mr. Mayer, for the remainde of his miserable life.

nor this:

From a lot of the other postings on this and the first article, a lot more has come out about how cruel he is/has been to animals. The GPO killing, legal or not, ethical or not, shows the kid is worthless on the human scale and needs to be buried. [hypocrites/]

I think the timing, manner and place where the harvest occurred may be the issue.

I agree with this statement, however, don't feel that he is in the wrong in so much as 'in the wrong place at the wrong time'. Timing is quite important. This is one of those issues where you have two very different kinds of assholes, spewing very different kinds of shit.

3rd November 12, 01:22 PM
Yes.
Because being a law-abiding sportsman automatically leads you to murder.

Unlike making physical threats against innocent persons whom happened to just make you sad.

3rd November 12, 01:25 PM
If he ate it then I'm OK with it.

If he didnt then he's a dick.

3rd November 12, 01:27 PM
lol
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/438024-how-would-you-handle.html

jubei33
3rd November 12, 01:28 PM
yes, agreed.

This is unacceptable and part of the growing pile of evidence that facebook (etc) creates unbalanced, self-centered and superficial people.

3rd November 12, 01:30 PM
On that Scuba site, some dude already started the "cyberbullying" train a rolling.

I hate the concept of "cyberbullying" as a crutch, but it amuses me that this fucking hippie isn't so snowwhite.

EDIT:

hypocrisy, anyone?

this is the hippy's signature on the scuba site:

Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.
This kid broke no rules and did something that "made him smile", but because the fucking hippy is sad, he is willing to "break some rules".

EDIT again:
would someone who is more concerned about the well-being of an animal than of a human be considered a Sociopath?

jubei33
3rd November 12, 01:40 PM
Hey wait a minute?! Doesn't Washington have a cyberbullying task force or something like that? or was that California?

The LOLs would be enormous if everyone who made those kind of threats were fined or something, or whatever weak-willed technique that they have in place to prevent it.

AAAAAA
3rd November 12, 01:53 PM
yes, agreed.

This is unacceptable and part of the growing pile of evidence that facebook (etc) creates unbalanced, self-centered and superficial people.

Sociocide ∈ etc ! Careful!

AAAAAA
3rd November 12, 02:04 PM
Here it's forbidden to do scuba fishing (hunting?). You can only do it with your own breath. I think it's much fairer.

3rd November 12, 03:05 PM
So did he eat it?

3rd November 12, 03:16 PM
He's Italian.
They'll put anything in their mouth.

3rd November 12, 04:07 PM
So he did eat it?

jubei33
3rd November 12, 04:21 PM
Is the only thing better than forbidden fruit is forbidden fruit allowed to waste?

3rd November 12, 04:25 PM
So he didnt eat it?

3rd November 12, 05:02 PM
He swallowed but its a renewable energy source

Sent by telekinesis via Cerebro

3rd November 12, 05:40 PM
You're just making this up now.

Harpy
4th November 12, 05:14 AM
would someone who is more concerned about the well-being of an animal than of a human be considered a Sociopath?
You're frothing at the mouth honey.

In the situation of the 19-year old versus the octopus my wholehearted sympathy lies
with the octopus. There's no grey area there to me.

The man who killed the creature and decided to 'post pix', deserves all that social media has to offer. You want your 15 minutes of fame? Then be prepared to get raped.

4th November 12, 07:22 AM
<insert salacious comment here>

In the situation of the 19-year old versus the octopus my wholehearted sympathy lies

The man who killed the creature and decided to 'post pix', deserves all that social media has to offer. You want your 15 minutes of fame? Then be prepared to get raped.
That's all well and good, however I expect even if the kid didn't "post pix", the AquaHippy would have still tilted at this windmill.

4th November 12, 11:27 AM
There is large differences between:

1) going around to all the area dive shops and making this fool a pariah
2) posting pix his license plate
3) following him around in the Sound with a speargun pointed at his leg "hoping nothing happens but LOL it might go off!!1!!11!"

But the HydroHippy needs to get a handle on his shit and quit running around to every talking head with a microphone about a legally lawful lettered activity that he just happens to find distasteful and harshes his mellow.

FickleFingerOfFate
4th November 12, 11:58 AM
... legally lawful lettered ...

4th November 12, 12:31 PM
welldone.
someone rep the Fickle

Hedley LaMarr
4th November 12, 12:35 PM
Wow, divers take their shit real seriously. If they were putting together a "make Puget Sound a no-harvest zone", that's one thing. I think they're stupid because it's just a fucking octopus, but whatever. But demonizing some dude for doing something completely legal? That's ridiculous. And comparing the ocean to a petting zoo is preposterous. Who the flying fuck pets an octopus? This isn't Sea World, he was in the ocean you over-entitled fucks.

4th November 12, 01:04 PM
Less Tentacles available for teh rayp

Harpy
4th November 12, 02:32 PM
In an evolved, more humane first world society, I would not expect octopus sport hunting to be legal. I don't have a problem with people hunting/fishing/trapping for noms or if it's for legal culling purposes. The octopus was in it's natural habitat, just living it's life and this douchetard kills it with no regard.

I am on the side of the Hippy in this.

4th November 12, 02:33 PM
He allegedly hunted it for NOMs

Syntactical Disruptorize
4th November 12, 03:08 PM
In an evolved, more humane first world society,Please just shut the fuck up.

4th November 12, 03:14 PM
Dont see anything worng with catching & eating octopussies.

nihilist
4th November 12, 03:25 PM
This fucking hipster forgot the first rule of which animals need protecting.

That octopus isn't cute at all.

4th November 12, 04:35 PM
They are like the ocean's FleshLight

Hedley LaMarr
4th November 12, 05:12 PM
Less Tentacles available for teh rayp
See? Another wonderful reason to let hunters hunt. I don't think PETA understand what this is: war. We're winning right now, but at any minute the fucking bears could learn how to make fire or some shit. It's kill or be killed bitches, that's why we're on top.

nihilist
4th November 12, 05:16 PM
What it really boils down to, is that hipsters need less tentacles, and more testicles.

Hedley LaMarr
4th November 12, 05:57 PM
We should start an Anti-PETA Political Action Committee. It would be fun and a great way of getting money from Monsanto and Hormel.

Robot Jesus
4th November 12, 06:53 PM
My question is does he dispatch the octopi in the traditional method?

4th November 12, 07:10 PM
I want to know if he battered and deep fryed it?

Little sqeeze of lemon juice maybe?

Garlic mayo?

jubei33
4th November 12, 08:22 PM
I'd boil the legs, then cut them into nice size chunks. I'd mix up a 3:1 mix of flour and satsumaimo potato, fold in some green onion, a pinch of ginger, a little salt and pepper then mix in a little water to loosen it up to pancake consistency. Then I'd break out my takoyaki pan and make a bundle out in front of the Japanese restaurants here.

Hedley LaMarr
4th November 12, 08:33 PM
Frying is the way to go. Fry it up in straight up lard and then take it to a PETA meeting and chow down.

FickleFingerOfFate
4th November 12, 09:17 PM
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Harpy
4th November 12, 09:53 PM
Hello 1999 ^

Hedley LaMarr
5th November 12, 01:17 AM
1999 was a great year, things were great until like June of 1999 when people start going super crazy with this end-of-world horseshit. Ever since then shit's been fucked. I wish the robots would just take over, harvest us for electricity and let us live in utopia.

nihilist
5th November 12, 02:08 AM
Hello 1999 ^Actually if you studied history like Lebell, you'd know that people have been eating tasty animals for a lot longer than that.

Why do you think people have canine teeth?

Harpy
5th November 12, 03:37 AM
To aid in clenching a bit between their teeth.

Harpy
5th November 12, 03:39 AM
[QUOTE=GOD;1725152]Actually if you studied history like Lebell[/GOD]
That was funny.

Oh, and Lebell lives history.

nihilist
5th November 12, 04:02 AM
I live in the moment.

Harpy
5th November 12, 04:40 AM
I can barely classify what I do as 'living'.

5th November 12, 10:28 AM
this is what I got when I Google'd "Octopus 1999"
http://derricklock.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Octopus.png

Vieux Normand
5th November 12, 12:42 PM
So did he eat it?

Yep.

A bit later, he started coughing uncontrollably.

Right after they put him up on the table, the red stain started spreading across his shirt...

FickleFingerOfFate
5th November 12, 05:23 PM
To aid in clenching a bit between their teeth.

That's just you, Sweetcheeks.

It tends to make you more easily directed.

Feryk
5th November 12, 05:59 PM
Lily, you have a new crowning acheivement in the 'Dumbest Thing You've Ever Said' category.

We, as a species hunt almost everything. This kid is hunting an octopus that is not endangered. He poses no threat to a loss of genetic diversity. He did it legally. As a result, the rest of your protest is just fucking bellyaching. And YES, he was going to eat it. No idea if he followed through or not. With all this hullaballoo, he might have felt differently.

Is the kid a twat? Yep. But a legally enabled twat.

The death threats, etc. that have ensued make even your idiocy pale in comparison. If you are SOOOO upset by this, form a lobby group, protest, etc. Actually get the law CHANGED. All this other shit is just eco-terrorism.

And, btw, if I lived on the coast, it would be enough for me to start hunting octopus. Not doing yourselves a lot of favours.

Hedley LaMarr
5th November 12, 06:44 PM
I think I might start hunting octopus tomorrow and mail it to PETA headquarters. Reverse eco-terrorism motherfuckers.

FickleFingerOfFate
5th November 12, 06:55 PM
Hello 1999 ^

People
Euthanising
Trashmouth
Aussies

Harpy
5th November 12, 07:10 PM
Feryk - I don't believe you read what I wrote. You're letting the hysteria carry you.

Hedley and Feryk - I'll believe it when you post pix of how you're going to 'hunt' yourselves some octopii. Lol.

FFF - just because it moves doesn't mean you have to eat it ;)

FickleFingerOfFate
5th November 12, 07:16 PM
FFF - just because it moves doesn't mean you have to eat it ;)

As if!

You never even twitch.

Harpy
5th November 12, 07:18 PM
Where's Kiko and her rolling pin?!!

FickleFingerOfFate
5th November 12, 07:23 PM
Where's Kiko and her rolling pin?!!

Why?

You lookin' for a date, and fresh out of batteries?

Harpy
5th November 12, 07:24 PM
I'd boil the legs, then cut them into nice size chunks. I'd mix up a 3:1 mix of flour and satsumaimo potato, fold in some green onion, a pinch of ginger, a little salt and pepper then mix in a little water to loosen it up to pancake consistency. Then I'd break out my takoyaki pan and make a bundle out in front of the Japanese restaurants here.
This is why you're the smartest man on Sociocide. However you neglected the part where you stash away the octopus head in jelly for your private entertainment.

Harpy
5th November 12, 07:32 PM
Why?

You lookin' for a date, and fresh out of batteries?Since everybody wants to give me the history of why we have canines I put it back to you that God gave us digits and tentacled beasts for a good reason.

FickleFingerOfFate
5th November 12, 07:40 PM
Since everybody wants to give me the history of why we have canines I put it back to you that God gave us digits and tentacled beasts for a good reason.

In your case,
Nose picking,
and appetizers at cheap Italian restaurants.

In that order.

Harpy
5th November 12, 07:42 PM
I've missed your tough love. So how was Erection day over there? Mormon or Muslim?

FickleFingerOfFate
5th November 12, 07:44 PM
I've missed your tough love. So how was Erection day over there? Mormon or Muslim?

Ask me again in twenty-four hours.
It's still yesterday here.

5th November 12, 08:05 PM
Am I still "frothing"??

FickleFingerOfFate
5th November 12, 08:08 PM
No, just a little aspiration.

Harpy
5th November 12, 08:14 PM
Am I still "frothing"??

After GOD smote you, the oral and nether injuries/cancer you had sustained were healed. So no more frothing.

5th November 12, 08:32 PM
I just figured these moonbats made me seem moderate by comparison

Vieux Normand
5th November 12, 11:16 PM
Got a phone call from some vast, stone city of non-Euclidean architecture somewhere in the Pacific.

They're sending a momma-shoggoth to get back their youngling.

If the youngling is already dead, they want to know if octopus-hunter is best prepared fried or sautéed.

I told them it's best consumed slowly, raw and living.

They were nice enough to pay for the long-distance call.

Syntactical Disruptorize
6th November 12, 01:17 AM
Feryk - I don't believe you read what I wrote.Why would anyone subject themselves to that? One or two sentences of your whiny twaddle would lead any reasonable person to the obvious conclusion: You should shut the fuck up.

nihilist
6th November 12, 01:46 AM
I think what Lily needs more than anything, is a big load of meat stuffed in her mouth.

Harpy
6th November 12, 02:17 AM
Okay, your mother and your squid are drowning and you only have the time/energy to save one. What would you do Cy, GOD, FFF and the rest of you?

nihilist
6th November 12, 02:27 AM
Okay, your mother and your squid are drowning and you only have the time/energy to save one. What would you do Cy, GOD, FFF and the rest of you?
I'd take mom out for sushi.

Harpy
6th November 12, 02:45 AM
I'd take sushi out of mom.
Filthy.

nihilist
6th November 12, 02:51 AM
irony

AAAAAA
6th November 12, 05:17 AM
Hunting with scuba gear is like having sharks on wheels on the beaches.

Let's see him feed himself in a manly way, like barehanded skandalopetra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skandalopetra_diving) hunting or at least freediving.

6th November 12, 07:54 AM

I'd go with the octopus, I'm not sure about the moral implications of eating my mom.

6th November 12, 07:58 AM
Hunting with scuba gear is like having sharks on wheels on the beaches.
If fucking sharks were more highly evolved, they would have figured that shit out.
Instead, they have only evolved to become SMALLER over time.
S-M-A-L-L-E-R. phfft. Queers. Mincing around the ocean asking manatee "DOES THIS FIN MAKE MY ASSFIN LOOK FAT???? OH SHIT I'M GOING ON A DIET"

Face it, we are the tip of the top, the cream of the crop the Duke of New York, A-Number-1, the Big Man, that's who, so we can figure out a way to get where the fish are without dying.

Suck it, sharks.

Let's see him feed himself in a manly way, like barehanded skandalopetra (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skandalopetra_diving) hunting or at least freediving.

The fishermen, naked
Of course you are advocating for that.
Of course YOU are.
I'm only surprised your boyfriend OZZ didn't suggest it, first.

AAAAAA
6th November 12, 08:34 AM
If fucking sharks were more highly evolved, they would have figured that shit out.
Instead, they have only evolved to become SMALLER over time.
S-M-A-L-L-E-R. phfft. Queers. Mincing around the ocean asking manatee "DOES THIS FIN MAKE MY ASSFIN LOOK FAT???? OH SHIT I'M GOING ON A DIET"

ah the usual "Bigger is better!!1!1!!!" ammmmeregan nonsense.

It can only really matter in one instance. ONE. All the rest is to make up your lack of that instance.

Let it go, you weren't born in Africa and your huge SUVs will not make you as well-endowed.

Face it, we are the tip of the top, the cream of the crop the Duke of New York, A-Number-1, the Big Man, that's who, so we can figure out a way to get where the fish are without dying.

Suck it, sharks.

That's right, it's called huge-ass nets and fishing boat fleets. If you go alone for fun, at least make it so that the fish can escape somehow. Would you go hunting deers with napalm ?

...of course you would, what a question. Damn sissies who won't allow you to!

Of course you are advocating for that.
Of course YOU are.
I'm only surprised your boyfriend OZZ didn't suggest it, first.

Why are you afraid of being naked underwater?
what could possibly go wrong?

AAAAAA
6th November 12, 08:35 AM
I'd go with the octopus, I'm not sure about the moral implications of eating my mom.

Depends on your alignment I guess.

p.s. plural ought to be "octopodes" but I don't really care as it's Greek not Latin, and they are bankrupt.

FickleFingerOfFate
6th November 12, 08:46 AM

1) Buy underwater camera
2) Film Hydro-erotic asphyxia tentacle rayp
3) ????
4) PROFIT!

Feryk
6th November 12, 11:16 AM

So I didn't read this, Lily?

6th November 12, 11:19 AM
ah the usual "Bigger is better!!1!1!!!" ammmmeregan nonsense.

It can only really matter in one instance. ONE. All the rest is to make up your lack of that instance.
When was the last time sharks were consulted on the state of affairs of.....well, anything

Answer? Never. Not without man's intervention

Let it go, you weren't born in Africa and your huge SUVs will not make you as well-endowed.
Those morons kill one another just to make my women's fingers look pretty

I win again

That's right, it's called huge-ass nets and fishing boat fleets. If you go alone for fun, at least make it so that the fish can escape somehow. Would you go hunting deers with napalm ?
Of course not
Napalm is reserved for hunting humans

...of course you would, what a question. Damn sissies who won't allow you to!
Leave it to a whinging vegan eurotrash to not understand proper BBQ etiquette

Why are you afraid of being naked underwater?
what could possibly go wrong?
What can go right?
Oh wait......Dago
Nevermind

AAAAAA
6th November 12, 11:35 AM
Those morons kill one another just to make my women's fingers look pretty

I win again

big. big bamboo.

Of course not
Napalm is reserved for hunting humans

too effective to be fun. Just send drones instead.

Leave it to a whinging vegan eurotrash to not understand proper BBQ etiquette

Let's hear it. I know how to make a barbecue, but not in American.

What can go right?
Oh wait......Dago
Nevermind

no, really, what's wrong?
I can assure you no small shark is going to notice your failings.

Hedley LaMarr
6th November 12, 12:05 PM
If the tables were turned, do you think sharks would protest other sharks eating humans? Or bears? Fuck no. They'd eat you, your kids, and your parents and then go looking for more people to eat. Same goes for bears, jaguars, and tigers. Especially tigers.

How much time do you anti-hunting hippies actually spend in the outdoors? I'm not talking about "I go for walks in the park all the time" or any of the faggotry. I'm talking about going into the thick of the woods. Bears aren't cuddly little creatures that eat honey and hang out with depressed mules. They are monsters. That want to eat you. Deer don't go around talking to rabbits. They are overgrown rats with enough kicking force to take your head off.

Humans aren't the strongest creatures, the fastest creatures or the most agile creatures. We are the smartest creatures, and as such it's our right and our obligation to use that intelligence to survive. We have built a society that has managed to segregate monsters like bears and crocodiles from where we live for the most part, and that's an amazing accomplishment. Unfortunately our intellect allows some of the weaker-willed of our herd to start sympathizing with creatures that literally want to eat you.

You want to save the bears? Nothing's stopping you from letting a mother raise her cubs in your backyard. Nobody is stopping you from flooding your basement and letting octopuses live there.

Point being: if you have weird animal fetishes, keep them to yourself.

Feryk
6th November 12, 12:12 PM
Hedley is not exactly communing with Mother Nature.

FYI, bears will eat ANYTHING they can. If you are there and act like prey -- you will be.

But don't take it personally.

And yes, deer are rats with hooves.

Moose are ill-tempered and will fuck with you because they can. As far as they are concerned, they run the place. 1800lbs says so.

6th November 12, 12:15 PM
WTF happened to Hedley??

He sounds like a proper Republican

Maybe if he would have found his balls a year ago he wouldn't have had to flee to Canucklestan like a faggot

Feryk
6th November 12, 12:16 PM
He came to Canada to be with his people.

His people smoke A LOT of weed.

6th November 12, 12:20 PM
something about his Wop Mandingo Fetish
When's the last time we asked African Nations for some Humanitarian Aid
Never
We don't need it and we need them mining Blood Diamonds so our Celebutant Whorelets to drip ice

too effective to be fun. Just send drones instead.
Or just play Assassins Creed
The AMERICAN Version

Let's hear it. I know how to make a barbecue, but not in American.
It starts with beer and grilling while all the cute girls attend to everything else
Emphasis on cute girls attending to everything else

no, really, what's wrong?
I can assure you no small shark is going to notice your failings.
They will when I decide not to attend to the aquarium

Since I have the power to keep them as a pet and not vice versa

Hedley LaMarr
6th November 12, 12:34 PM
WTF happened to Hedley??

He sounds like a proper Republican

Maybe if he would have found his balls a year ago he wouldn't have had to flee to Canucklestan like a faggot

Republicans wouldn't take kindly to me referring to humans as "creatures." I know this from a great deal of personal experience.

6th November 12, 01:09 PM
We can excuse a few of your eccentric proclivities

AAAAAA
6th November 12, 01:34 PM
If the tables were turned, do you think sharks would protest other sharks eating humans? Or bears? Fuck no. They'd eat you, your kids, and your parents and then go looking for more people to eat. Same goes for bears, jaguars, and tigers. Especially tigers.

How much time do you anti-hunting hippies actually spend in the outdoors? I'm not talking about "I go for walks in the park all the time" or any of the faggotry. I'm talking about going into the thick of the woods. Bears aren't cuddly little creatures that eat honey and hang out with depressed mules. They are monsters. That want to eat you. Deer don't go around talking to rabbits. They are overgrown rats with enough kicking force to take your head off.

Humans aren't the strongest creatures, the fastest creatures or the most agile creatures. We are the smartest creatures, and as such it's our right and our obligation to use that intelligence to survive. We have built a society that has managed to segregate monsters like bears and crocodiles from where we live for the most part, and that's an amazing accomplishment. Unfortunately our intellect allows some of the weaker-willed of our herd to start sympathizing with creatures that literally want to eat you.

You want to save the bears? Nothing's stopping you from letting a mother raise her cubs in your backyard. Nobody is stopping you from flooding your basement and letting octopuses live there.

Point being: if you have weird animal fetishes, keep them to yourself.

lolol,

what the hell? grizzly bears? octopus pools??

Be sure, an octopus isn't interested in eating you. A shark maybe, but not many people go hunting sharks.

No threat so the fun is in the chase, and I think it's lame to take out the "different element" advantage on the prey, exactly because you're the smarter one. And it helps keeping more of them around.

Have you ever dived?

AAAAAA
6th November 12, 01:41 PM
When's the last time we asked African Nations for some Humanitarian Aid
Never
We don't need it and we need them mining Blood Diamonds so our Celebutant Whorelets to drip ice

sounds like you must compensate for something.

It starts with beer and grilling while all the cute girls attend to everything else
Emphasis on cute girls attending to everything else

same here, but there's more wine.

They will when I decide not to attend to the aquarium

Since I have the power to keep them as a pet and not vice versa

Not you: it's those hippies who run the aquarium.

6th November 12, 02:35 PM
sounds like you must compensate for something.

Compensate for too much money

same here, but there's more intergender mustaches.

Not you: it's those hippies who run the aquarium.
Unless its my aquarium

Harpy
6th November 12, 03:17 PM
If the tables were turned, do you think sharks would protest other sharks eating humans? Or bears? Fuck no. They'd eat you, your kids
This sounds like American foreign policy, pre-emptive strike on primitives etc

You want to save the bears? Nothing's stopping you from letting a mother raise her cubs in your backyard. Nobody is stopping you from flooding your basement and letting octopuses live thereNow you're just being silly.

Point being: if you have weird animal fetishes, keep them to yourself.[/QUOTE]

6th November 12, 03:55 PM
HAR HAR (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/05/spade-toothed-whales-worlds-rarest_n_2078783.html)

Vieux Normand
6th November 12, 04:38 PM

Tell that to the maggots and microbes that dine on human corpses.

6th November 12, 04:56 PM
Tell that to the maggots and microbes that dine on human corpses.

We are so magnanimous, we give our leavings to the lesser species

Vieux Normand
6th November 12, 04:58 PM
Yeah, after we die. How many people are actually killed by maggot packs each year?

How many people actually kill the animals they eat?

When I ate meat, I did. Have you--ever?

Such people might be "alpha-predators".

Most people, however, eat animals killed by others. That makes them cowardly scavengers, not "top-predators".

6th November 12, 05:00 PM
NoB eats the people he pays to kill the animals he eats

AAAAAA
6th November 12, 05:05 PM
Compensate for too much money

yes.

Unless its my aquarium

your moustache isn't big enough for you to go capture sharks-pets.
You can BUY the octopus too, though!!

6th November 12, 05:34 PM
our women have mustaches like banditos

your moustache isn't big enough for you to go capture sharks-pets.
You can BUY the octopus too, though!!
Sure it is, if I actually wanted to
Yet again, proof of my superiority as their very existence hinges on my whim and fancy

Vieux Normand
6th November 12, 05:39 PM
I have killed rabbits, fish, crabs, (the kind that live in the sea, not in my pants) chickens, ducks, geese, and shrimp.

Wow. Get back to me when you've honoured your table with wild boar, made venison stew, or filled your freezer with moose...as well as properly dressed all of the above.

Besides, how many of the vegetables that you eat do you actually kill?

Um...all of them, as I consume them. Duh.

Those are living beings as well.

Not after I've eaten them. After that, they're just as dead as the aforementioned large mammals of my more youthful hunting days.

You are just prejudiced against plants.

Not unless they're either kosher or halal...assuming there's a difference.

Your logic is flawed.

Yours is flawlessly nonexistent.

You are ruled by emotions.

You are ruled by the emotion of cowardice, which prevents you from killing anything larger than a goose. C'mon, NoB, be a man. Go for an adult wild boar...with a 22. Or a pocket-knife.

OZZ
6th November 12, 05:50 PM
Vieux..until you kill a bear with a fucking spear and eat it, none of us are going to be impressed.

OZZ
6th November 12, 05:51 PM
Moose sausage rocks btw..

OZZ
6th November 12, 05:53 PM
I have killed rabbits, fish, crabs, (the kind that live in the sea, not in my pants) chickens, ducks, geese, and shrimp.

Holy fuck..have you ever killed and eaten something that required more than a pocket knife?

Harpy
6th November 12, 06:12 PM
Vieux - respect

I think humans have earnt themselves the convenience of not having to harvest their own vegetables or hunt for food. I do respect those who are more in touch with the land and get enjoyment from those activities.

My issue is with meaningless killing and the lack of care or understanding that one life, no matter how tiny, has an impact on a microsystem (and possibly more than that). I'm seriously fascinated with microscopic oceanic ecosystems, fricken brilliant.

Harpy
6th November 12, 06:15 PM
NoB - why would I make you give up something that makes you happy? I haven't been vegetarian all my life and I don't evangelize.

6th November 12, 06:33 PM
I do respect those who are more in touch with the land and get enjoyment from those activities.

My issue is with meaningless killing and the lack of care or understanding that one life, no matter how tiny, has an impact on a microsystem (and possibly more than that). I'm seriously fascinated with microscopic oceanic ecosystems, fricken brilliant.
then respect the kid whom plucked that eight-legged demon from the depths of hell (Washington) to feed upon it's very life's essence.

7th November 12, 07:57 AM
Evidence for octopus intelligence abounds: the leggy invertebrates can use tools, solve problems, and display remarkable curiosity. But now aquarists at the Hatfield Marine Science Center Visitor Center in Newport have found a way to allow Squirt, their resident octopus, to express his artistic creativity as well.

Just in time for Octopus Month at the Visitor Center, the husbandry team has created a device that allows the octopus to manipulate a series of paint brushes against a canvas outside of the tank. Aquarist Kristen Simmons was the brains behind the mechanism. “I did this to combine animal enrichment and public education.” she said, “The art gives people a different way to experience this animal's behavior.”

“While a painting octopus is very entertaining and captures our imaginations,” explained Dr. Tim Miller-Morgan, aquatic vet for Oregon Sea Grant, “the real purpose behind this activity is to provide behavioral enrichment for these very curious and intelligent animals.”

Delicious & talented (http://everythingoctopus.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/eight-armed-painter-to-debut-talent.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EverythingOctopus+%28Everythi ng+Octopus%29)

FickleFingerOfFate
7th November 12, 11:32 AM
I have people to do my hunting and thinking for me. I have talent and intelligence by virtue of employing theirs.

7th November 12, 11:35 AM
I EETS THERE SOULZ 2 GAINZ THEIR POWAH!!

nihilist
7th November 12, 12:59 PM
LEAVE POWER BOTTOM ALONE!!!

Hedley LaMarr
7th November 12, 01:31 PM
Ted Nugent doesn't hunt. Ted Nugent essentially farms deer and other "wild" game in a fenced in compound.

Harpy
7th November 12, 04:03 PM
Vieux - I know you recognise that there are different intelligences and varying levels of mastery in these different 'categories'. Plus I believe we can learn and improve on the various aspects if we so choose.

You and NoB would check off the nature/spatial awareness/physical co-ordination boxes but sit on different spectrums from what you've both told us.

Tl;dr - please stop ragging on NoB!!

7th November 12, 04:26 PM
Vieux -
You and NoB would check off the nature/spatial awareness/physical co-ordination boxes but sit on different spectrums from what you've both told us.
WTF?

FickleFingerOfFate
7th November 12, 04:44 PM
If hunting is the ultimately man activity then Ted Nugent is one of the manliest men around.

Believe it!

http://www.adweek.com/files/adfreak/nugent.jpg

Harpy
7th November 12, 04:51 PM
WTF?
No child left behind goddamit! Recugnishun!!

7th November 12, 05:05 PM
You might get away with spewing that "nature/spatial awareness/physical co-ordination" horseshit around the office, honey, but this is RedditSOCIOCIDE where everyone, even a king's messenger, is responsible for the words of their voice.

Harpy
7th November 12, 05:24 PM
It's true though!! It's been recognized that there are a number of measurable types of intelligences.

P.s. I finally got around to replying to that email you sent with pictures of you sitting in your Wushu mobile butt naked.

FickleFingerOfFate
7th November 12, 05:31 PM
It's true though!! It's been recognized that there are a number of measurable types of intelligences.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21954950.jpg

Hedley LaMarr
7th November 12, 05:40 PM
That's pop psychology horse shit.

Harpy
7th November 12, 05:40 PM
http://cdn.motinetwork.net/motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0806/men-demotivational-poster-1213109749.jpg

7th November 12, 05:45 PM
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6800/motivationalposterfixedfg4.jpg

Harpy
7th November 12, 05:45 PM
That's pop psychology horse shit.Gardner's theory of Multiple Intelligences has it's holes and limitations, however it can be an effective tool (or perspective) in educational settings in terms of practical application.

Hedley LaMarr
7th November 12, 05:48 PM
Gardner's theory of Multiple Intelligences has it's holes and limitations, however it can be an effective tool (or perspective) in educational settings in terms of practical application.
"Educational settings" is a euphemism for corporate brainwashing.

Harpy
7th November 12, 06:00 PM
I allow you to be young and exercise your so called Political intelligence.

Hedley LaMarr
7th November 12, 06:02 PM
I allow you to be young and exercise your so called Political intelligence.
Are you one of those people that actually feels like sitting in mandatory seminars is productive?

Harpy
7th November 12, 06:09 PM
I can't sit still for more than 3 minutes tops.

7th November 12, 06:16 PM
Piles?

Harpy
7th November 12, 06:27 PM
Low tolerance for boredom + a bit of dislike being in enclosed spaces with too many people.

7th November 12, 06:30 PM
Sounds like ADD

Hedley LaMarr
7th November 12, 06:31 PM
What "area of intelligence" is that? Shuck and jiving?

Harpy
7th November 12, 06:33 PM
Shut up Max.

7th November 12, 06:35 PM
Shuck and jiving?
WTF?

Vieux Normand
7th November 12, 07:25 PM

You accidentally dropped in the word "minutes" ^.

Vieux Normand
7th November 12, 07:29 PM
Did most of that when I was in Boy scouts.

Still remember that "white-tail spit-roast", huh?

They catch those scout-leaders yet?

7th November 12, 07:34 PM
I'm thinking Dr. F needs to alter his theory model.....

Harpy
7th November 12, 07:49 PM
Vieux's 'sick bastard' intelligence is off the charts.

Syntactical Disruptorize
7th November 12, 07:53 PM
WTF?It's what happens when Lily tries to write above her intelligence. She probably doesn't even realize how stupid she looks.

Harpy
7th November 12, 08:10 PM
Nicest thing anyone has said about me today ^

Robot Jesus
7th November 12, 09:02 PM
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&biw=1366&bih=641&tbm=isch&tbnid=uebtxi4FKzdQEM:&imgrefurl=http://twitchfilm.com/2012/11/oh-no-its-a-sharknado.html&docid=Llzv8VXJFdqAvM&imgurl=http://twitchfilm.com/assets_c/2012/11/Sharknado-thumb-300xauto-34828.jpg&w=300&h=401&ei=ghKbUOWKEcbSigLzvYD4Dw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=366&vpy=128&dur=1577&hovh=260&hovw=194&tx=85&ty=106&sig=101032821473332621491&page=1&tbnh=158&tbnw=119&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:83

FickleFingerOfFate
7th November 12, 09:08 PM
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&biw=1366&bih=641&tbm=isch&tbnid=uebtxi4FKzdQEM:&imgrefurl=http://twitchfilm.com/2012/11/oh-no-its-a-sharknado.html&docid=Llzv8VXJFdqAvM&imgurl=http://twitchfilm.com/assets_c/2012/11/Sharknado-thumb-300xauto-34828.jpg&w=300&h=401&ei=ghKbUOWKEcbSigLzvYD4Dw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=366&vpy=128&dur=1577&hovh=260&hovw=194&tx=85&ty=106&sig=101032821473332621491&page=1&tbnh=158&tbnw=119&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:83

Well said.

Feryk
8th November 12, 04:14 PM
Vieux;

Unless you garden your own vegetables exclusively year round, I don't see you being that different than NoB. Do you?

Also, by extension, unless the 'real men' hunt with stone daggers, they aren't really true hunters. I know the Sayoc Kali boys like to kill wild boars with a dagger, but really? Is that a model to aspire to?

8th November 12, 04:29 PM
Danno sez yes.

Hedley LaMarr
8th November 12, 04:55 PM
Vieux;

Unless you garden your own vegetables exclusively year round, I don't see you being that different than NoB. Do you?

Also, by extension, unless the 'real men' hunt with stone daggers, they aren't really true hunters. I know the Sayoc Kali boys like to kill wild boars with a dagger, but really? Is that a model to aspire to?
Vieux's point is more about NoB's delusions of superiority that stem from his upper middle management position and false sense of security and not so much quibbling over food delivery.

Hedley LaMarr
8th November 12, 05:20 PM
I picked up a hunting magazine at the doctor's office the other day. An overweight disabled woman took down a bear. Yup, hunting sure is manly.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n624/Egg_NoB/CameraZOOM-20121107145435591.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n624/Egg_NoB/CameraZOOM-20121107145421085.jpg
You are confusing a discussion of the overall utility of your skillset with a dick length contest.

8th November 12, 05:50 PM
Nice blouse, Princess

Syntactical Disruptorize
8th November 12, 06:14 PM
However, the more money you make, the more goods you can purchase. That is pretty universal in first world countries. Society is giving you a larger slice of the pie. That is certainly less subjective than the things I mention above."Less subjective" and "less bullshit" aren't the same thing. Not even close. A rigorous model of astrology would produce results just as stupid as the ones you see in the paper.

Syntactical Disruptorize
8th November 12, 06:21 PM
I would argue that your traits get you much further in life than your skillset. Good traits will help you build skills, but building a good skillset isn't necessarily going to instill good traits in you.And that's no bullshit.

A-j8KPUzR0U

9th November 12, 01:25 PM
I have another shot at being a dad
so you might wind up with one happy one and four resentful ones?

even in the majors, batting .200 won't get you to the HOF

9th November 12, 01:33 PM
go get a puppy

9th November 12, 01:37 PM
get a female puppy

9th November 12, 01:41 PM
if you get a female puppy, the world gains another bitch NoB

Cullion
9th November 12, 03:58 PM
Unfortunately, cross species mating does not work. BELIEVE ME, I've tried.

Fucking lying dolphins that promise you a child, just to get a little Homo Sapiens action, when they know all along it won't result in conception.

A man-dolphin and a boy-man cannot make a baby together, no matter how hard you came.

Feryk
9th November 12, 06:26 PM
That's what you tell yourself is it?

Dolphins are the rapists of the sea. You just changed the scenario in your mind, so you don't have to deal with how he violated you.

Cullion
9th November 12, 07:12 PM
Nob did not intend to impale himself on that cock. He was cleaning the pool in the nude and he slipped.

Happens to thousands of people every day.

Harpy
9th November 12, 08:42 PM
I've fallen into the pool while cleaning it and I didn't impale myself on the barracuda.
Co-ordination ftw.

FickleFingerOfFate
9th November 12, 09:38 PM
I've fallen into the pool while cleaning it and I didn't impale myself on the barracuda.
Co-ordination ftw.

But, you're best friends with the skimmer handle these days, aren't you...

Harpy
10th November 12, 01:26 AM
You are a certified scoundrel.

30th November 12, 06:24 PM
More "Grateful Diver" Bob Bailey PHAIL
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238423/Dylan-Mayer-Washington-considers-ban-Octopus-hunting-diver-caught-ate-Puget-Sound.html

8th March 13, 04:32 PM
Bumped for Baby Max

nihilist
17th October 13, 10:11 PM
p5ncsjMVzcc