PDA

View Full Version : What we all were waiting for: cannabinoids-free cannabis

AAAAAA
18th July 12, 02:39 AM
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2012/07/10/1200330109.abstract?sid=49e8de52-ebef-48b8-a89a-4d1dea6fa274

In my popular science source they try to explain the peculiarity of the synthesis mechanism they uncovered. I expect (more like, wish) Jubei to be here soon with a word of appreciation for Nature's tricks, once again.

Feryk
18th July 12, 04:24 PM
I can honestly say I was not waiting for this.

Guilt free extramarital sex? Sure. But this? Not so much.

AAAAAA
18th July 12, 05:30 PM
I can honestly say I was not waiting for this.

Guilt free extramarital sex? Sure. But this? Not so much.

Depends on who's the married one I guess.

But think of the consequences. Madgrenade will be here soon to explain how we are slaves to oil because they made it illegal to use cannabis crops to build everything we use plastic for.

Hedley LaMarr
18th July 12, 07:18 PM
Depends on who's the married one I guess.

But think of the consequences. Madgrenade will be here soon to explain how we are slaves to oil because they made it illegal to use cannabis crops to build everything we use plastic for.
THC-free cannabis is not going to be made legal for production in the US. For all practical purposes they've just concocted hemp that has 0 THC instead of negligible THC, and hemp's still about as legal to grow as sativas or indicas. The US government's legislation is known for a lot of things, nuance is not one of them.

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
18th July 12, 07:30 PM
Then whats the point?

Medical?

Hedley LaMarr
18th July 12, 07:50 PM
Then whats the point?

Medical?
Probably. Or it could very well be there is no point.

Spade: The Real Snake
18th July 12, 08:03 PM
Taxable strain. Cuz thats the only way the government is going to allow the shit to be legal, by pandering to the "....and we can TAX it, too....like booze!" crowd

Hedley LaMarr
18th July 12, 08:08 PM
Taxable strain. Cuz thats the only way the government is going to allow the shit to be legal, by pandering to the "....and we can TAX it, too....like booze!" crowd
If it doesn't have THC, it has no use as a recreational drug, making any comparison to booze ridiculous at face value.

18th July 12, 08:57 PM
THC isnt the only psycho-active canabinoid in canabis though eg cannabinol and cannabidiol. I wonder how many they have to remove before it doesnt do anything theraputic?

Hedley LaMarr
18th July 12, 09:26 PM
THC isnt the only psycho-active canabinoid in canabis though eg cannabinol and cannabidiol. I wonder how many they have to remove before it doesnt do anything theraputic?
Alright, I was being lazy earlier because I fucking hate trying to type cannabinoids, but this study was trying to discover how olivetolic acid, what this study claims to be the first intermediate cannabinoid synthesis (they are probably right, I'm not a biochemist) with the intended purpose (as far as I can gather) being to prevent all cannabinoids from being created in the plant. That said, THC is the main psychoactive cannabinoid in cannabis and without it smoking weed sucks.

Fuck I hate writing cannabinoid.

Feryk
19th July 12, 03:57 PM
Slap the scientific community for their nomenclature.

Feryk
19th July 12, 04:02 PM
Why are you threadshitting all over the place, NoB?

19th July 12, 04:15 PM
Why are you threadshitting all over the place, NoB?
It's his "time of the month"

Feryk
19th July 12, 04:16 PM
Can we get him some kind of tampon to fix this?

19th July 12, 04:45 PM
Yes, if it is attached to a hot 18 year old gymnast (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/13/london-2012-british-male-gymnasts).

19th July 12, 04:49 PM
My manpor (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-890G8Od9ALk/TidmJx-Tc2I/AAAAAAAANYA/P8yNXlkyYOU/s1600/4307026906_667b1a4c3b1_thumb.jpg)n

Feryk
20th July 12, 03:32 PM
I don't want to click on any of those links at work, do I?

AAAAAA
20th July 12, 05:34 PM
I like this thread. Thank you everyone.

Hedley LaMarr
24th July 12, 05:33 PM
Slap the scientific community for their nomenclature.
I got kicked out of the physics department for doing that. It was a harsh punishment, but none of them ever assumed my mother was a solid ball of mass to make math easier ever again.

Feryk
24th July 12, 05:35 PM
I got kicked out of the physics department for doing that. It was a harsh punishment, but none of them ever assumed my mother was a solid ball of mass to make math easier ever again.

This is perhaps the best thing I've read all day.

31st July 12, 05:28 PM
Canabis as anti cancer drug (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17952650)

Appears to making the case for THC as a theraputic drug.

Hedley LaMarr
31st July 12, 10:05 PM
Canabis as anti cancer drug (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17952650)

Appears to making the case for THC as a theraputic drug.
The only people who refute it's medicinal uses are the private prison industry, correctional officer unions and the DEA.

1st August 12, 11:10 AM
Wierd isnt it!

Feryk
1st August 12, 12:55 PM
Legalizing pot would change a lot of the industries in the US. Pharmacology is only one.

It wouldn't take long for hemp to be one of the largest crops in the US.