PDA

View Full Version : Dutch mercy killing teams deployed

Harpy
6th July 12, 02:20 AM
http://m.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/01/dutch-mobile-euthanasia-units?cat=world&type=article

This to me is a step in the right direction. Clear guidelines on having one's request carried out.

Over 3,000 mercy killings a year and now with the added freedom of being able to by pass your own doctor (if they are not agreeable to carrying out the procedure).

I'd be really interested in how the ethics panel assesses the terminations but overall it seems to be going smoothly and by time I marry Lebell in 2049 I'll be ready to die (and we'll be discussing the Euro crisis once again).

Craigypooh
6th July 12, 05:20 AM
Do they rappel down from a helicopter and allow you depart in a blaze of gun fire? Mercy killing seal team 6 style.

Commodore Pipes
6th July 12, 06:13 AM
But do they ever spank their kids? That's the real moral issue here.

Pie of Hate
6th July 12, 06:27 AM
Do mercy spankings count?

Madgrenade
6th July 12, 11:18 AM
Seal team 6 eh?

They're dead dude. They died in a helicopter crash a couple of weeks after they killed Osama. Whos death was fully documented. Not.

AAAAAA
6th July 12, 12:34 PM
Seal team 6 eh?

They're dead dude. They died in a helicopter crash a couple of weeks after they killed Osama. Whos death was fully documented. Not.

Well fuck me, I didn't know that. This is a very strange coincidence to the least.

Craigypooh
6th July 12, 12:34 PM
But do they ever spank their kids? That's the real moral issue here.

People who are euthanised subsequently have much lower rates of mental illness and substance abuse and breathing.

Feryk
6th July 12, 01:09 PM
Yeah, but increased incidence of death and flesh rot.

Lollius Urbicus
6th July 12, 01:13 PM
You really have to hand it to the Guardian it takes truly spectacular cognitive dissonance to both Op ed in favour of assisted dying and in favour of punitive taxation/bans on cigarettes, alcohol and fatty foods.

Craigypooh
6th July 12, 02:06 PM
Yeah, but increased incidence of death and flesh rot.

There's a downside to everything.

AAAAAA
6th July 12, 02:07 PM
You really have to hand it to the Guardian it takes truly spectacular cognitive dissonance to both Op ed in favour of assisted dying and in favour of punitive taxation/bans on cigarettes, alcohol and fatty foods.

Why? Taxes so collected benefit those who don't smoke and don't eat shitty food too, but get ill anyways. And you're a country of drunkards so it's quite correct to tax alcohol.

Craigypooh
6th July 12, 03:11 PM
Perhaps they'd also be in favour of punitive tax rates on assisted dying.

Feryk
6th July 12, 03:17 PM
They should look at it like they are getting their estate taxes early and stop bitching.

Lollius Urbicus
6th July 12, 03:19 PM
Why?

Should people have the right to choose how to die or not?

And you're a country of drunkards so it's quite correct to tax alcohol.
And you're a country of lazy, feckless cowards, which is why you're now run by Germans. There should be taxes on retreating, sitting around smoking all day and talking really quickly and far too loud at each other.

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
6th July 12, 03:22 PM
Perhaps they'd also be in favour of punitive tax rates on assisted dying.

Assisted Death Tax - its got a ring to it!

Feryk
6th July 12, 03:31 PM
Should And you're a country of lazy, feckless cowards, which is why you're now run by Germans. There should be taxes on retreating, sitting around smoking all day and talking really quickly and far too loud at each other.

No. The proper response is 'you would drink more if you had to put up with a loud, smelly obnoxious neighbor like yourselves.' Or something.

Lollius Urbicus
6th July 12, 03:37 PM
No. The proper response is 'you would drink more if you had to put up with a loud, smelly obnoxious neighbor like yourselves.' Or something.
Italy's far too far away to be an obnoxious neighbour. More like a dodgy area of town people try to avoid.

Feryk
6th July 12, 04:46 PM
See, living in Canada, Italy seems like a far cooler place to visit than England.

resolve
6th July 12, 05:17 PM
Italy has an amazing amount of beautiful landscape, the warm mediterranean to swim, boat, and fish in, massive vineyards, and the wonders of the Roman Empire that are still left standing.

England has some Roman ruins, massive castles, and plenty of cool housing styles preserved throughout the changing ages. However, it's also cold, rainy, and a bit more crowded in the cities. This goes for throughout the UK just with changing scenery and slightly different peoples and attitudes.

The Italians are loud and boisterous and the men wear capris (still?). The Brits are somewhat dour and can come off as cold and rude sometimes (but nowhere near the snarkiness the French will afford you). This is city life too, though, so keep in mind.

Both countries, like most of Western Europe, have serious problems with disgruntled minorities coming from bad immigration policies. Although just from hearsay the English might have the worst of it (legacies of a recently lost empire and all that).

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
6th July 12, 05:21 PM
I've really enjoyed Italy when I've gone there. The food is generally of a much higher standard for a start.

Madgrenade
7th July 12, 06:01 AM
Well fuck me, I didn't know that. This is a very strange coincidence to the least.

Indeed. If you had a suspicious mind it might lead you to draw the conclusion they had been euthanised. It's the humane thing to do after all.

Spade: The Real Snake
9th July 12, 12:39 PM
we need to kill any Dutchman taller than Lebell to ensure his title as "teh talest man on ______"

AAAAAA
9th July 12, 12:47 PM
we need to kill any Dutchman taller than Lebell to ensure his title as "teh talest man on ______"

You go first:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/964198/schilt44.jpg

Spade: The Real Snake
9th July 12, 12:56 PM
You go first:

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/964198/schilt44.jpg
GUNS are LEGAL in the USA.
Big target like that will make for an easy 50 yard shot.