PDA

View Full Version : 3 dead, 3 wounded - sweet home Alabama

Harpy
10th June 12, 05:36 PM
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/10/12151002-3-killed-3-wounded-in-shooting-at-apartment-complex-near-auburn-university?lite

Shooting at a party near Auburn University. Pictures of the shooter and victims in the article above.

For the pro-gun lobby on the forum, what went wrong?

Yiktin Voxbane
10th June 12, 09:35 PM
Nothing went wrong.

All functions operating within normal parameters .

jvjim
10th June 12, 10:05 PM
Devastating, this sort of thing is not supposed to happen at Auburn.

Cullion
11th June 12, 02:06 AM
Don't you still live around there Jim ?

Madgrenade
11th June 12, 07:12 AM
Well the shooter didn't kill himself so he's probably not a CIA controlled hypnopatsy.

A tragic incident but im not sure what the OP is implying by saying the progun lobby need to explain. Just as easily cut through 3 people with a breadknife at a crowded party.

Spade: The Real Snake
11th June 12, 08:07 AM
I blame football aka "da foolsball"

Commodore Pipes
11th June 12, 10:25 AM
2nd ammendment supporters have a slightly more in-depth program than just "we should all have guns!" Safe gun handling skills and respect for the killing power of firearms should be instilled from a young age. Take the kids hunting early, too. Nothing says that death is permanent like hauling a deer out and dressing it. Might also make them respect where meat comes from. Most of these things are implicit in the 2nd ammendment position, if not always explicitly stated.

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
11th June 12, 10:57 AM
OMG you put dresses on dead deer!

Americans are fucked up!

Commodore Pipes
11th June 12, 11:07 AM
We also can't spell 'amendment'.

Robot Jesus
11th June 12, 11:51 AM
Nothing went wrong, no amount of gun control is going to keep guns out of the hands of potentially dangerous people. I didn't see what particular fire arm was used, but I'm assuming a pistol; something that would have been legal almost anywhere. someone thought a girl was worth throwing his potential away, and the lives of others; that's whats important. all guns do is take the work out of killing, they take away the effort and sweat; such loud crude useless tools, I do not need them, I will not use them. My tools are quiet, they are precise.

Feryk
11th June 12, 03:27 PM
Guns give lethal force to people who have not earned the right to use it.

This is what happens.

Feryk
11th June 12, 03:51 PM
It's a lot harder to be lethal with any of those things compared to a gun, idiot.

But yes, stupid people can find a method for lethal force, regardless. It just that ready access to a gun makes it so easy.

I've said this before. I'm pro gun control. Only because less guns means my skills will have a better chance of being useful if needed.

Cullion
11th June 12, 04:11 PM
I've said this before. I'm pro gun control. Only because less guns means my skills will have a better chance of being useful if needed.

what?

11th June 12, 04:15 PM
Vpi2zLI_tDw

Lollius Urbicus
12th June 12, 07:32 AM
For the pro-gun lobby on the forum, what went wrong?
Nothing 'went wrong', its a natural consequence of American gun laws.

If you have the laws or rather freedoms America has then you have to accept that freedom comes with a price.

In this case the price that Americans pay is the annual shooting of police officers, kids accidentally shooting themselves or their friends, family members murdering their relatives and innocent bystanders in Seattle being shot as they walk with their boyfriend or drive their children around (http://www.economist.com/node/21556614?fsrc=scn/tw/te/ar/cocoonnolonger) or the average of 14 children a year, since 2000, who have been killed in US school shootings.

Americans seem to think their freedom to own guns make those prices worth paying. At the end of the day that choice of whether the price is worth paying is up to Americans.

Feryk
12th June 12, 09:47 AM
Was I unclear, cullion?

jvjim
14th June 12, 08:54 PM
Auburn's my alma mater. I live back in the bayou now.

Harpy
14th June 12, 09:13 PM
Damn.

Robot Jesus
14th June 12, 10:11 PM
Nothing 'went wrong', its a natural consequence of American gun laws.

If you have the laws or rather freedoms America has then you have to accept that freedom comes with a price.

with some gun crime this is the case, but not this one. to my knowledge only the complete prohibition on firearms and a complete end to the illegal arms trade could have stopped this. I think gun control is common sense, but you are never going to be able to stop every average person with a grudge from make very bad decisions.

Madgrenade
15th June 12, 06:47 AM
Having guns lying around, or taking your gun to drunken party is never a good idea.

But the constitutional right of Americans to bear arms to protect themselves against federal tyranny is more relavent now than ever.

Lollius Urbicus
15th June 12, 07:46 AM
with some gun crime this is the case, but not this one. to my knowledge only the complete prohibition on firearms and a complete end to the illegal arms trade could have stopped this. I think gun control is common sense, but you are never going to be able to stop every average person with a grudge from make very bad decisions.
You can allow gun ownership and not have school shootings. The UK has never had a pupil on pupil shooting in a school or college. There's only been one incident of a non-pupil committing a school shooting, Dunblane, and after that they banned hand guns and it hasn't happened since.

However, America can never be rid of school shootings or gun crime. Even if Obama banned all guns tomorrow it wouldn't make a difference. America is so heavily and widely armed that disarming the population is pretty much impossible.

Commodore Pipes
15th June 12, 10:43 AM
However, America can never be rid of school shootings

I agree, but it's not because of this:

Even if Obama banned all guns tomorrow it wouldn't make a difference. America is so heavily and widely armed that disarming the population is pretty much impossible.

It's because both parties are doing everything they can to stomp out any sense of civic duty, community, or neighborliness.

15th June 12, 11:18 AM
Machine Gun Preacher approves