PDA

View Full Version : So North Korea...

resolve
26th May 12, 12:45 PM
Do you think they're really going to do it?

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2012/04/North-Korea-Threat.jpg

In an unusually specific statement released by the Hermit Country, North Korea’s military threatened their South Korean neighbors as they vowed to reduce S. Korea “to ashes” in less than 4 minutes. The report came amidst regular N. Korean state television as a special report interrupted regularly scheduled programming to allow the North Korean military to threaten to:

“Reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, [or] in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style.”

Their threat, which was picked up and reported on by ABC News, comes at a time when the North has been castigated by S. Korean President Lee Myung-bak and administration for criticizing a new cruise missile capable of striking anywhere in S. Korea.

South Korean Unification Ministry spokesman Kim Hyung-suk was quoted by the AP having said:

“We urge North Korea to immediately stop this practice. We express deep concern that the North’s threats and accusations have worsened inter-Korean ties and heightened tensions.”

resolve
26th May 12, 12:57 PM
To me it just seems like more grandstanding until they actually do get the capability to do it. I don't think they'd warn at all, just do it, if they could.

Robot Jesus
26th May 12, 01:18 PM
there is no reason for best Korea to do anything other then sabre rattling. What possible end state could they hope for?

The only end to the current state of affairs as I see them is for china to occupy it and get their shit in order for them.

Feryk
31st May 12, 12:50 PM
Whenever you see N.Korea sabre-rattling, it has as much to do with internal politics as anything else.

What I get from this is that there is a power struggle underway, and this is someone's way of sending a message to his rivals about how badass he is.