PDA

View Full Version : Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal?

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
17th May 12, 10:12 AM
Abstract

The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.

"Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal?"
Adams HE, Wright LW Jr, Lohr BA. Journal of Abnormal Psychology. 1996 Aug;105(3):440-5. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8772014)

Well who'd of thunk it?

Does the amount of roidrage and yelling of faggot around here actually translate into one big sausage fest behind closed doors?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
17th May 12, 10:42 AM
hey guys let's make a study to prove that homophobes are closet homos
oh look a vague correlation let's draw wild conclusions

100% hetero men can be uncomfortable with homosexuals. that just means they find boys kissing boys a little bit gross. it's not questionable until they start building a career or lifestyle around their dislike of homosexuals. because the 100% hetero man isn't going to be thinking about homosexuals very much, the same way I don't spend too much time considering the vagaries of steaming horse shit or penile-vaginal intercourse. when you're getting spooked by homosexual specters left and right, endangering your children and your sexuality with their rampant gayness it just sort of tells everyone what you spend a lot of time thinking about (rampant gayness).

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
17th May 12, 10:43 AM
this holds true for women too. virulent female homophobes are uncomfortable with how much they love watching boys kiss boys.

AAAAAA
17th May 12, 10:43 AM
Does the amount of roidrage and yelling of faggot around here actually translate into one big sausage fest behind closed doors?

Fear not, for when your cheeks are ripe, you'll be let in the secret room

17th May 12, 10:45 AM
I can only dream.....

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
17th May 12, 11:06 AM
coincidentally i am leaving the internet forever starting now

Spade: The Real Snake
17th May 12, 11:13 AM
I just like pegging. If I didn't, I don't think I would make near as many homosexual references.

Lollius Urbicus
17th May 12, 11:36 AM
Max/Dr.Fistanus, why don't you just ask Snake out on a date? This is all getting a little embarrassing now.

17th May 12, 11:37 AM
My <3 belongs to Lebell.

17th May 12, 11:39 AM
Max/Dr.Fistanus, why don't you just ask Snake out on a date? This is all getting a little embarrassing now.

Why's it embarrassing you?

You're English.

Also he wont give it up...he's in denial.

Feryk
17th May 12, 12:39 PM
That's okay Snake, your ( * ) can belong to the Doctor.

17th May 12, 01:08 PM
That's okay Snake, your ( * ) can belong to the Doctor.
He has his hands full with his "hot hipster girlfriend" aka: Sama (=O=)

Feryk
18th May 12, 02:27 PM
Probably, but it's not his hands that you're worried about now is it?

Just close your eyes and think of England.

Lollius Urbicus
18th May 12, 04:31 PM
I'm glad this thread has descended into mockery, because frankly that's all that this 'research' deserves.

18th May 12, 04:39 PM
I'm glad this thread has descended into mockery, because frankly that's all that this 'research' deserves.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10959/gay-heman.jpg

Yiktin Voxbane
25th May 12, 01:55 AM
Watching a Scrubs re-run last night, the Todd was heard to remark "Do you think gay guys get turned on by their own Weiners ? "

resolve
25th May 12, 02:46 PM

Because they know Snake would probably accept.

26th May 12, 08:34 AM
"Do you think gay guys get turned on by their own Weiners ? "

Not Snake he's too repressed, he probably punches himself in the cock to stop those uncomfortable feelings stirring.

27th May 12, 10:37 PM
:sees it is Max and Resolve and walks on:

28th May 12, 07:22 AM
:sees it is Max and Resolve and walks on punching myself in the cock:

28th May 12, 08:27 AM
Max is obviously into rough trade.
He better find himself a new suitor as I don't think Resolve fits that bill.

Gaybot
28th August 13, 03:58 PM
coincidentally i am leaving the internet forever starting now
PLEASE RETURN HUMAN. I REQUIRE ASSISTANCE DETERMINING THE PROPER SCARF FOR A JUNKYARD GANGBANG.