PDA

View Full Version : Resolve, I'm callin you out, bro.

Nasreal
6th April 12, 01:47 PM
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Quoted for the absolutely hilarious KJV translation.

I'm trying to come at this from your end man, I'm quoting scriptures here, which is what you've demanded many times in other threads. The main point is, you are a fantastically large hypocrite, and there is biblical justification for my conclusion straight from the holy gospel. I'm not even trying to troll here, son. I'm hoping maybe this will start a real conversation. I've got a lot of things going on in my life right now, but I read that gigantic 45 page block text war you called a thread, and it just aggravated the shit out of me.

I'm gonna lay a non-biblical quote on you now:

Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion--several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven....The higher animals have no religion. And we are told that they are going to be left out in the Hereafter. I wonder why? It seems questionable taste.
- "The Lowest Animal"

This is something that I truly believe is the biggest problem with any and all who call themselves Christian, and followers of any organized religion in general, and I am no exception to this. I have considered myself a Christian at times in my life. But I have a hard time feeling that way any more, because there are certain conclusions that I find inescapable, and one that I have come to on my own is this: Christians are for the most part GIGANTIC HYPOCRITICAL JUDGEMENT machines, in direct contradiction to the scriptures they say they believe are the true word of God. People in general are going to make judgements about others, these are called schemas and stereotypes, and they are adaptive. They make life easier.

The problem with many that call themselves christian, not necessarily you resolve (but probably), is that they don't have a problem judging others to have the wrong religion. They don't have a problem criticizing others for their beliefs, or feeling so very righteous that they have the real truth or whatever horseshit. I'm sick and tired of this kind of shit, and honestly your thread in which you made. what I'm sure you thought were neat little outlines of many different systems of belief, of which you seem to have at best a passing understanding of, was a gigantic load of drivel. I'm not saying I know more about many of them than you do, I probably don't, and I'm not saying I know more about Christianity than you do because I'm sure that I do not. What I'm asking for is some god damn logic and humility.

You can not have it both ways resolve, either scriptures are the word of god and they must all be accepted as the word of God himself, or they are a bunch of metaphorical moral tales written down thousands of years ago that have been so mangled from their original form that it's pointless to even read them. You talk all about how you want to bring people closer to God, but here's the thing, WHO ARE YOU to say that the way they live is not the right way. You seem to be trying very hard to justify your belief in God. You have gone as far as to say that God spoke to you.

I am not trying to take that away from you, if that actually happened to you and gave you faith, than you are a very lucky person and I am happy for you. For the rest of the rabble like me who can not suspend our disbelief long enough to come to the true faith...you have to understand how silly you sound.

Here's another Twain quote for you :

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. I would not interfere with any one's religion, either to strengthen it or to weaken it. I am not able to believe one's religion can affect his hereafter one way or the other, no matter what that religion may be. But it may easily be a great comfort to him in this life--hence it is a valuable possession to him.
- Mark Twain, a Biography

God damn, this has been a long rant, and I probably shouldn't even hit the submit button....but damn the torpedoes, as they say.

Here's the TL;DR: Resolve, you need to stop trying to get everyone to see things your way. You need to stop trying to somehow get us to come around to your way of thinking, because we are logical people, many of whom I consider to be more intelligent and have a better grasp of theology than you. I'm not trying to hate on you, brother, I'm really not. Even though I'm sure you won't believe that. I just want you to participate as a regular poster without CONSTANTLY trying to slap us in the face with the flaccid dick of christianity. We are not going to suck it. YOU go right ahead, but not me. All of the pedantics and semantics aside, JUST STOP.

Ugh...

Nasreal
6th April 12, 01:49 PM
I'm going to work right now, I'll read what get's posted here when I get home most likely, but I will try my best to reply. I have a lot of heavy shit going down in my life right now, and perhaps it caused me to spit a little venom at resolve...

Spade: The Real Snake
6th April 12, 01:55 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/oompa_loompa_hump.gif

NoBowie
6th April 12, 04:26 PM
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n624/Egg_NoB/ljoYOl.gif

6th April 12, 04:29 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly8ozdOfpD1qdkrv9o1_500.gif

jubei33
6th April 12, 06:27 PM

Ajamil
6th April 12, 07:36 PM
Nasreal, wouldn't you agree there are plenty of places in the gospels that Jesus judges people? How do you reconcile the idea that you want Christians to stop judging when their acharya plays judge? Wouldn't it make more sense that the passage means people will judge you according to your judgments thus be wary of how you judge, rather than don't judge people at all?

You can not have it both ways resolve, either scriptures are the word of god and they must all be accepted as the word of God himself, or they are a bunch of metaphorical moral tales written down thousands of years ago that have been so mangled from their original form that it's pointless to even read them.This seems like a false dichotomy. Why does it have to be complete objective truth or complete crap? Could it have been the word of God mangled throughout time, or ancient metaphors properly retained, or the word of God spoken through metaphors?

Nasreal
6th April 12, 10:31 PM
Nasreal, wouldn't you agree there are plenty of places in the gospels that Jesus judges people? How do you reconcile the idea that you want Christians to stop judging when their acharya plays judge? Wouldn't it make more sense that the passage means people will judge you according to your judgments thus be wary of how you judge, rather than don't judge people at all?

This seems like a false dichotomy. Why does it have to be complete objective truth or complete crap? Could it have been the word of God mangled throughout time, or ancient metaphors properly retained, or the word of God spoken through metaphors?To the first point, i suppose it can interpreted that way, but you are certainly correct that at times Christ seemed judgemental and that is kinda my problem... There is just too much contradiction in the dogma for me to reconcile, much of which is played up and made worse by the fundamentalists.

To the second part, it does not necessarily have to be dichotomous, but the issue is that people want to have carte blanch to cherry pick what they like from scriptures and completely ignore other parts. Again, this is especially bad in the fundie movements. If you want to call yourself a Christian, you can not also stand around shouting things like "God hates fags". Not saying resolve is anywhere near that, just pointing out a very big problem with many who call themselves Christians.

Nasreal
6th April 12, 10:33 PM
Snake, jubei, NoB, I don't know what you're getting at, but I like it I think....or maybe I don't. I'll decide later

Cullion
7th April 12, 08:59 AM
I think people get confused by the fact Christ was forgiving, and infer from this that he didn't have a standard of right and wrong. Being able to forgive a thief doesn't mean that you think stealing is right.

Nasreal
7th April 12, 09:30 AM
I'm not confusing the two, my problem is with the hatred that people go around spewing, supposedly in the name of god and feeling completely justified. If you can find a place where Christ told his followers it was ok to hate their fellow man I'd like to see it.

Cullion
7th April 12, 09:43 AM
Well obviously he didn't do that. Tell me about people you know in real life who spew hate.

Forget about TV. People you actually know.

Nasreal
7th April 12, 10:03 AM
Well obviously he didn't do that. Tell me about people you know in real life who spew hate.

Forget about TV. People you actually know.Well, it's probably obvious, but I'm not the sort of person that would associate with someone who's gonna go carrying picket signs and shouting with bullhorns. Mostly the people I know fall into the much subtler categories. They would be the sort of people you are likely to hear saying ignorant shit about gay people like it was the most logical thing in the world, but not on tv. Which is almost as bad, because if you're shouting from the rooftops some people will see you as a fanatic, but if you're a respected older family member, there might be those that take it for granted that what you have to say is right. This continues the quiet cycles of bigotry and keeps them alive.

Cullion
7th April 12, 10:14 AM
So your main problem with Christianity is that you saw some angry homophobes on TV?

What were they campaigning against, and where ?

Robot Jesus
7th April 12, 10:29 AM
I had an uncle (grandfathers half brother, no idea what that's called) who was the most religious person in the family, was also an old coot. Once at a family dinner he started on about sinners, I brought up Mathew 7; he accused me of making things up about Jesus.

He also turned out to be gay.

Nasreal
7th April 12, 10:40 AM
So your main problem with Christianity is that you saw some angry homophobes on TV?

What were they campaigning against, and where ?Somebody needs to give you a Devil's Advocate tag culls, you're masterful at it. No, that is just one problem, and I've seen many things like that on tv, and I've personally seen radical pro-lifers campaign on my college campus. My main problem, as I've said I believe, is with hypocritical behaviors that I've seen such as what RJ just described.

7th April 12, 11:24 AM
Somebody needs to give you a Devil's Advocate tag culls, you're masterful at it. No, that is just one problem, and I've seen many things like that on tv, and I've personally seen radical pro-lifers campaign on my college campus. My main problem, as I've said I believe, is with hypocritical behaviors that I've seen such as what RJ just described.
So bigotry and hypocrisy is acceptable when it is a subject you agree with?

In other words, it's OK to be bigoted against "radical Christians" but not for them to be bigoted against people who want to kill unborn children.

Cullion
7th April 12, 11:28 AM
Somebody needs to give you a Devil's Advocate tag culls, you're masterful at it. No, that is just one problem, and I've seen many things like that on tv, and I've personally seen radical pro-lifers campaign on my college campus.

What's hypocritical or unchristian about being a pro-lifer?

My main problem, as I've said I believe, is with hypocritical behaviors that I've seen such as what RJ just described.

RJ's story is fiction. What hypocritical behaviour did you actually experience?

Nasreal
7th April 12, 11:29 AM
So bigotry and hypocrisy is acceptable when it is a subject you agree with?

In other words, it's OK to be bigoted against "radical Christians" but not for them to be bigoted against people who want to kill unborn children.Weak, snake. At least cullsy's objections to my statements were intelligent. I'm not a bigot towards radical Christians, that is not to say they don't make me angry, but those two things are not the same.

7th April 12, 11:53 AM
Weak, snake. At least cullsy's objections to my statements were intelligent.
I'm just beginning.

I'm not a bigot towards radical Christians, that is not to say they don't make me angry, but those two things are not the same

this is a bigoted statement:

Christians are for the most part GIGANTIC HYPOCRITICAL JUDGEMENT machines, in direct contradiction to the scriptures they say they believe are the true word of God.

this is a hypocritical statement:

Resolve, you need to stop trying to get everyone to see things your way.

if you truly "have considered (you)self a Christian at times in my life" and you truly think "real Christians should view the "scriptures are the word of god and they must all be accepted as the word of God himself", then you should also know Resolve has a moral obligation, to the Word of God, to be a fisher of men and spread the Gospel.

Nasreal
7th April 12, 12:17 PM
Sure, I know that he feels compelled to try and get us to come around, but I feel like he's trying to logic us into it which seems problematic. You need to figure out what bigotry is also, it is not just dislike of someone. It involves irrationally passing judgement. Using statements like "for the most part" in my first post was a problem, I don't think it's necessarily the majority of Christians who behave in the ways that I was discussing. But my first post was a tad hasty.

Also, in general, the people of this board come down on resolve hard every time he tries to compel us to come to the one true religion. He also jumps into threads that have nothing to do with Christianity and tries to hijack it into some religious debate. I posted a few weeks ago in a thread urging everyone to stop beating that dead horse and just ignore him when he does that. This will not happen, but it was worth a shot saying it, and I won't be shocked when it doesn't.

Nasreal
7th April 12, 12:28 PM
What's hypocritical or unchristian about being a pro-lifer? Being pro-life: Very christian
Killing abortion docs and firebombing clinics: Very Un-christian.

It is not a problem about being Pro-life, but a problem about being anti-people-who-are-pro-choice. There is a difference too in trying to explain to people the error of their ways, and shouting terrible things about them in public while literally standing on your little soapbox. Again this is something I personally witnessed. It does not come from a place of love and mercy towards the people you consider sinners, it comes from a place of anger.

Perhaps we're just arguing the semantics of the word hypocritical now. Just because I don't personally know any radical fundamentalist Christians does not mean they do not exist. That is just poor logic. I do not believe that all Christians are like that, I know many Christians that are fine people and very intelligent, and some others who are not so much.

7th April 12, 12:32 PM
Sure, I know that he feels compelled to try and get us to come around, but I feel like he's trying to logic us into it which seems problematic. You need to figure out what bigotry is also, it is not just dislike of someone. It involves irrationally passing judgement. Using statements like "for the most part" in my first post was a problem, I don't think it's necessarily the majority of Christians who behave in the ways that I was discussing. But my first post was a tad hasty.
I know what a "bigot" is and didn't call you a "bigot". I did, however, state you made "bigoted comments", which in my estimation, you did.

Also, in general, the people of this board come down on resolve hard every time he tries to compel us to come to the one true religion. He also jumps into threads that have nothing to do with Christianity and tries to hijack it into some religious debate. I posted a few weeks ago in a thread urging everyone to stop beating that dead horse and just ignore him when he does that. This will not happen, but it was worth a shot saying it, and I won't be shocked when it doesn't.
This is due to several reasons:

1) Resolve feels inclined to share the Word and the Gospel.
2) Most of the posters from this site are from Bullshido and are quick to call bullshit when they see/hear/smell it.
3) We are all fairly Type-A aggro Alphas whom aren't likely to back down
4) Resolve's "Truth" isn't the "Truth" for ALL Christians, let alone all people
5) Sometimes we get bored and like to argue

nihilist
7th April 12, 12:58 PM
Resolve cuts and runs when asked any hard question about his faith.
If he wanted to fulfill any sort of 'moral obligation', he wouldn't do that.

Nasreal
7th April 12, 01:08 PM
This is due to several reasons:

1) Resolve feels inclined to share the Word and the Gospel.
2) Most of the posters from this site are from Bullshido and are quick to call bullshit when they see/hear/smell it.
3) We are all fairly Type-A aggro Alphas whom aren't likely to back down
4) Resolve's "Truth" isn't the "Truth" for ALL Christians, let alone all people
5) Sometimes we get bored and like to argue Yeah, I see that, and I admit I started this thread because I like to argue too, at least that was part of it. But it's a problem from both ends. We beat down on resolve when he shows up, and he can't stop himself from doing so. Are we just feeding the troll?

7th April 12, 01:10 PM
Resolve cuts and runs when asked any hard question about his faith.
If he wanted to fulfill any sort of 'moral obligation', he wouldn't do that.
If he doesn't really have an answer, he *could/should* just say, "I don't know".

Maybe he can't verbalize it or maybe he is just rageflouncing. He needs to answer that question.

7th April 12, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I see that, and I admit I started this thread because I like to argue too, at least that was part of it. But it's a problem from both ends. We beat down on resolve when he shows up, and he can't stop himself from doing so. Are we just feeding the troll?
I would offer that, to him, we are testing his faith.

For us, very seldom do we get to essentially open access to as devout a Christian man as Resolve. While Taut Reese states that often times Resolve can't/won't/doesn't answer some tough questions, I would state that Resolve often answers questions better than many Christians I have dealt with.

Christians are often very insular, despite the commands of the Bible. They don't like being challenged and many of them cannot answer the challenges, because as your Mark Twain has said (paraphrase) "Faith means believing things you know aren't so".

For his part, Resolve does OK.

Ajamil
7th April 12, 02:10 PM

Forget about TV. People you actually know.My nephews, my ex-sister-in-law, my ex-roommate, a chef I used to work with...

Of course, out of all of these, only my ex-sister-in-law did it with religious justification.

Many times these "hard questions" asked are a thin veneer on top of ridicule. What obligation does he have to answer seriously when it's obviously just an attempt to gain more fuel for mockery?

Cullion
7th April 12, 02:19 PM
Being pro-life: Very christian
Killing abortion docs and firebombing clinics: Very Un-christian.

It is not a problem about being Pro-life, but a problem about being anti-people-who-are-pro-choice. There is a difference too in trying to explain to people the error of their ways, and shouting terrible things about them in public while literally standing on your little soapbox. Again this is something I personally witnessed. It does not come from a place of love and mercy towards the people you consider sinners, it comes from a place of anger.

In the abortion case, we're talking about people who are trying to prevent what they see as the murder of innocents. Of course they're angry.

nihilist
7th April 12, 05:37 PM
Many times these "hard questions" asked are a thin veneer on top of ridicule. What obligation does he have to answer seriously when it's obviously just an attempt to gain more fuel for mockery?

It would only be an obligation if he wanted to maintain his integrity.

It's the same with any type of religious bullshido.

If you make claims, either back them up with corroborating evidence or face the inquisition.

Anyone who's been on this board for more than a week knows that.

Harpy
7th April 12, 07:33 PM
Hello...
http://www.seoreligion.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/matt-cutts-halloween-costume-2.jpg

7th April 12, 07:41 PM
Whose pornstache is that?

Sent by telekinesis via Cerebro

jubei33
7th April 12, 07:48 PM
Hmm...who's man enough to 'taste his steel'?

Harpy
7th April 12, 07:52 PM
This is why jubei gets noodz.

Someone please +rep the man for me.

Ajamil
7th April 12, 10:55 PM
It would only be an obligation if he wanted to maintain his integrity.

It's the same with any type of religious bullshido.

If you make claims, either back them up with corroborating evidence or face the inquisition.

Anyone who's been on this board for more than a week knows that.Not true. Neither SM, nor Nasreal, nor Aphid Jones ever faces the type of ridicule and animosity shown toward Resolve. Back up your claim, bullshitter.

Harpy
8th April 12, 12:00 AM
It's like comparing Ralph Hall to Dr Tzun Tzu.

nihilist
8th April 12, 12:27 AM
Not true. Neither SM, nor Nasreal, nor Aphid Jones ever faces the type of ridicule and animosity shown toward Resolve. Back up your claim, bullshitter.

You're upset. I think you should go meditate on why your ego is controlling you right now.

NAMASTE

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
8th April 12, 06:28 AM
Not true. Neither SM, nor Nasreal, nor Aphid Jones ever faces the type of ridicule and animosity shown toward Resolve. Back up your claim, bullshitter.

As far as I know resolve is the only one in the above that has made claims about; knowing all about religious experience, claimed that anybody who isnt a Christian is in league with Satan (willingly or unwittingly), shown an arrogant contempt of other spiritual experinces that do not fit his own world view, demanded a frank discussion about our and his beliefs which really didnt turn out so well.

If any of the others do such things then they will probably get the same reaction as resolve gets, at least from me anyway.

And if thats not enough my girlfriend thinks he's a blancmange....so there :p

Harpy
8th April 12, 07:08 AM
Ah the opinion of an imaginary girlfriend slipped in just so. Tell your mummy not to check your interwebz history Max :)

8th April 12, 07:16 AM
SILENCE DEMON!

Cullion
8th April 12, 09:50 AM
Max almost certainly has a girlfriend. She's just going to have thick glasses, fat legs, pasty skin and a massive MP3 collection of prog rock.

I suspect she'll be joining sociocide soon enough with a username like 'QueenCrimson1978'.

8th April 12, 10:44 AM
Max almost certainly has a girlfriend. She's just going to have thick glasses, fat legs, pasty skin and a massive MP3 collection of prog rock.

I suspect she'll be joining sociocide soon enough with a username like 'QueenCrimson1978'.
Max is dating his twin sister?

ewwwwwww

NoBowie
8th April 12, 11:43 AM
Max is dating his twin sister?

ewwwwwww

I would totally bang the female version of NoB.

Snake: you are the female version. Lol. **snort** /snake

8th April 12, 01:03 PM
androgyny

9th April 12, 05:04 AM
1) Olive skinned

2) No glasses

3) Hot as fuck!

4) Fucking hates prog rock!!

Harpy
9th April 12, 05:38 AM
Does Mummy approve?

9th April 12, 05:42 AM
Yeah they get on well.

Harpy
9th April 12, 05:54 AM
You know some sick person is going to twist that statement. Good for you though :)

Nasreal
9th April 12, 06:05 AM
You know I'm going to twist that statement into erotic fantasy . Good for you though :)

Feryk
9th April 12, 12:53 PM
Resolve gets his fair share of criticism here, some deserved, some not. The ridicule I'm not wild about.

However, he continues to rise to the occassion. He does so with the absolute moral certainty that he is right. That can be irritating as hell to those of use who don't see the world that way.

I believe that the better arguements that have been posed to him here have forced him to think about things outside his normal worldview. The fact is that if he were a coward, he'd have run away from that kind of introspection a long time ago.

Unfortunately, his response to this happening seems to be along the lines of 'well, I can see how YOU might think that, but those of us under Jesus' tent feel otherwise'.

NoBowie
9th April 12, 12:56 PM
1) Skins olives before eating them.

2) No ass.

3) Says no to ass fucks!

4) Fucking hates cock!!

9th April 12, 01:02 PM
pervert

Feryk
9th April 12, 01:05 PM
Him or you?

9th April 12, 01:09 PM
His imaginary girlfriend.

nihilist
9th April 12, 01:17 PM
Resolve gets his fair share of criticism here, some deserved, some not. The ridicule I'm not wild about.

However, he continues to rise to the occassion. He does so with the absolute moral certainty that he is right. That can be irritating as hell to those of use who don't see the world that way.

I believe that the better arguements that have been posed to him here have forced him to think about things outside his normal worldview. The fact is that if he were a coward, he'd have run away from that kind of introspection a long time ago.

Unfortunately, his response to this happening seems to be along the lines of 'well, I can see how YOU might think that, but those of us under Jesus' tent feel otherwise'.

In my private conversations with resolve, he has shown no signs of taking the internet too seriously. 99% of my 'hostility' towards him is for drama's sake and he knows that.
There are a lot of questions that are legitimate that I think he should seek answers to though. I contend that God is make-believe and I am serious when I ask for evidence of God, souls, etc.

It is really not too much to ask when a person makes fantastic claims.

Feryk
9th April 12, 01:19 PM
His imaginary girlfriend.

Wouldn't Max get a hai five for that?

9th April 12, 05:00 PM
Him or you?

NoB definitly NoB, he wanted some pictures of Snake's shits earlier.

NoBowie
9th April 12, 05:03 PM
NoB definitly NoB, he wanted some pictures of Snake's shits earlier.

YOU wanted pics, you just made a spelling error.

I just wouldn't delete them if you sent them to me.

9th April 12, 05:07 PM
Please.
Not in a Resolve thread.

It is undignified.

Aphid Jones
9th April 12, 10:39 PM
Cullion, don't ever change.

Nasreal
10th April 12, 09:34 AM
Cullion, don't ever change.Why would he? He is obviously perfect already. But please, don't nut hug any harder, you'll give the poor old guy a hernia or something.

AAAhmed46
11th April 12, 06:56 PM
No resolve response here? How old is this thread?

11th April 12, 08:17 PM
How epic would it be if Resolve wasn't posting because he was balls-deep in Swedish pussy

Sent by telekinesis via Cerebro

nihilist
11th April 12, 08:23 PM
That would be cool but it's more likely that he relapsed and is merely on swedishpussy.com

Cullion
12th April 12, 07:01 AM
I'm hopeful for him, he knows that masturbation is a sin.

Feryk
12th April 12, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he found better things to do.

12th April 12, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he found better things to do.
WOULD YA? (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?59716-The-Spirit-World-Part-1)

Feryk
12th April 12, 04:39 PM
See? He found something better to do than watch Swedish porn!

Feryk
12th April 12, 04:50 PM
Waitaminute...is there something better to do than watch Swedish Porn?

Cullion
12th April 12, 04:51 PM
German porn is better if you're into poop.

Adouglasmhor
12th April 12, 05:17 PM
German porn is better if you're into poop.

and dwarves.