PDA

View Full Version : Bully - The movie?

Feryk
28th March 12, 02:14 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-winters-mpaa-bully-ratings-20120328,0,7354949.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fnews%2Fopinion%2Fco mmentary+%28L.A.+Times+-+Commentary%29

Apparently, this movie about schoolyard bullying gets an 'R' and people are pissed about that because it will discourage young people from seeing it.

First I've heard of this movie. Anyone see it, or is it out yet?

Wondering just how graphic they made the damn thing.

Spade: The Real Snake
28th March 12, 03:02 PM
It's supposed to be pretty much a documentary which features graphic language and violence.

Latest I heard is it's being released as "unrated"

Feryk
28th March 12, 03:52 PM
Any plans to see it? I'm guessing it would be easier for you to find where you are than up here.

28th March 12, 04:15 PM
No. No plans.
To be honest, it seemed pretty unsettling and I tend to watch movies for escapist entertainment.

Feryk
28th March 12, 04:16 PM
Fair enough. I will probably wait until it's on Netflix.

28th March 12, 04:20 PM
Between evening training and helping the boy with his now middle-school level homework, I don't have much time for watchin' movies. It usually takes me two night to get through a movie.

I can watch something like TUF or Storage Wars while I'm cooking, though.

Feryk
30th March 12, 11:38 AM
Storage Wars. Man, that show is a fucking ridiculous premise, but I cannot stop watching the fucking thing!

30th March 12, 11:40 AM
Mostly cuz Brandi's rack

Feryk
30th March 12, 11:41 AM
Brandi has a great rack. Her husband is a tool.

30th March 12, 11:43 AM
I will bully him out of the picture then discard Brandi when I've had my fill.

Feryk
30th March 12, 11:45 AM
Just bid him up on some quads. She'll leave him shortly after that.

30th March 12, 12:46 PM
Give me UR woman for this safe.

Vieux Normand
30th March 12, 01:23 PM
Apparently, this movie about schoolyard bullying gets an 'R' and people are pissed about that because it will discourage young people from seeing it.

Yeah cuz, you know, trying to tell young people not to do something always works...

Feryk
30th March 12, 02:51 PM
The whole arguement is specious. All an 'R' rating will do is what it's already done...get people talking about the movie. Any kid with an internet connection that wants to see this movie will find it.

Any parent with young kids who think their kids should watch it, maybe should watch it themselves first. If an R rating makes that happen, not a bad thing.