PDA

View Full Version : "Random" question when recovering password

Ajamil
4th March 12, 02:48 PM
Where is this set and can I change it? I tried to get my password emailed and it asked me who the worst president in the last 30 yrs was. Seems weird since it's an opinion question, it's not one I would write for me to answer, and the answer I would give is incorrect. Once I remembered my password, I checked in "email & password" and there's no field for a confirmation question.

nihilist
4th March 12, 03:07 PM
Don't you ever read the admin forum?

nihilist
4th March 12, 03:21 PM
Actually, the answer is in this very forum.

Start at post 14
http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?59435-NEWBIE-POST-YOUR-INTRODUCTION-IN-THIS-THREAD&p=1694223#post1694223

Ajamil
4th March 12, 03:59 PM
One, why would I look into a thread about noob introductions for password recovery? Two, no iteration of the president's name worked.

nihilist
4th March 12, 04:14 PM
1. Staff should read every post in the support forum.
2. Check your email
http://www.sociocide.com/forums/profile.php?do=editpassword

Ajamil
4th March 12, 05:03 PM
I prolly did read it when it was posted, but fair enough.

So for those who don't click the link: the question is universal, and any president's name within the last 30 years will work? Do you need a full name? Will "President Obama" work, or just "Reagan?" Is it case sensitive?

resolve
4th March 12, 07:58 PM
1. Staff should read every post in the support forum.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/clap%20clap%20clap/grand/sexy_yeah_gina_carano_gif.gif

Spade: The Real Snake
4th March 12, 10:59 PM
and to think....you could have had me as Staff.

Ajamil
5th March 12, 01:21 AM
Again, that thread has nothing to do with the question I asked except for a single post made a month ago. Also, the post doesn't answer any of the questions put forward by me AND is blatantly wrong since the president I put in was "incorrect."

So does the question still need fixing, or do you all agree with it that "george bush" "bush" "george h w bush" "george w bush""president bush" and "george bush jr" are not ways of stating a president from the last 30 yrs?

resolve
5th March 12, 01:53 AM
Ever heard of capitalization?

nihilist
5th March 12, 01:56 AM
Ooooh, You are going to Hell.

Ajamil
5th March 12, 03:13 AM
Ever heard of capitalization? yes, in fact I asked about it in the last post before you decided to join the thread and reiterate the reading posts remark. It must have been hard to see with that log in your eye.

And the answers were tried in both cases, I just didn't feel like bothering with that in the post.

5th March 12, 08:22 AM
FLO, PICK-UP!

billy sol hurok
5th March 12, 09:33 AM
So does the question still need fixing, or do you all agree with it that "george bush" "bush" "george h w bush" "george w bush""president bush" and "george bush jr" are not ways of stating a president from the last 30 yrs?

You need to use a bombastic Olberman delivery THANKS TO THE FAILED POLICIES OF GEORGE DUBBAYEW BUSH!!1!!1

Ajamil
5th March 12, 09:47 AM
You're right, I never tried "george dubya bush."

5th March 12, 10:24 AM
DINGY, PICK-UP!

Steve
5th March 12, 03:09 PM
We have opposite problems. I've been trying to lose Snake's password for ages...

5th March 12, 03:25 PM
Kiss My Grits!

nihilist
5th March 12, 05:52 PM
The best defense is a good offense. -Mel

Ajamil
5th March 12, 09:06 PM
Tae Kwon Leap is the wine of purity, not the vinegar of hate...meditate upon this truth, Ed Gruberman.

nihilist
6th March 12, 12:22 AM
Tae Kwon Leap is the wine of purity, not the vinegar of hostility...meditate upon this truth with us.

Fixed.

Ajamil
6th March 12, 03:31 PM
Fixed.No...

9g1Z3V0QBpg

SoulMechanic
6th March 12, 03:46 PM
I pretty much gave up on ever being able to log in again until I got a hold of Cullion via IM one night. The whole president thing is bullshit. It does not work, plain and simple. . . .

6th March 12, 03:56 PM
The questions should be:

Who is Phrost's favorite author.

If you answer "Rand" you get a pop-up that says "I SAID AUTHOR DUMBASS, NOT PHILOSOPHER". If you answer "Heinlein" you get the same message.

nihilist
6th March 12, 09:19 PM
No...

9g1Z3V0QBpg
That's what I said.

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
7th May 12, 01:02 PM
I agree the "random question" is fucking dumb!

Its not even random for a start, its the same everytime.

No wonder you dont get many noobies on here, it virtually impossible to sign up!

Fortunatly I'm a fucking genius or I wouldnt be here at all!!!!

billy sol hurok
7th May 12, 01:50 PM
Fortunatly I'm a fucking genius or I wouldnt be here at all!!!!

The irony is strong with this one.

Zat you, bruiser?

7th May 12, 02:31 PM
I am packing more akin to a bassoon than an oboe, but Thanx anyhow

Sent by telekinesis via Cerebro

NoBowie
7th May 12, 02:40 PM
I am packing more akin to a baboon than an oboe, but Thanx anyhow

NewNolva
8th May 12, 07:21 AM
Oh, that's Great Sir !!

NoBowie
8th May 12, 07:50 AM
Oh, that's Great Sir !!

What the hell is a Nolva?

NewVulva or NewVolvo would be a much better username.