PDA

View Full Version : Gay Arizona Sheriff Allegedly Threatens Latino Ex With La Migra

Spade: The Real Snake
22nd February 12, 10:47 AM
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2012-02-16/news/paul-babeu-s-mexican-ex-lover-says-sheriff-s-attorney-threatened-him-with-deportation/

This story is just dripping with the lolz....from top to bottom. From the Phoenix New Times, which I alternately love and hate, depending on the story.

It's a long story and, pursuant to the latest website requests, I will only post short excerpts.

The sheriff, who is/was/planning to be running for Congress, was also featured in the re-election ads for several prominent Republicans

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu who became the face of Arizona border security nationally after he started stridently opposing illegal immigration threatened his Mexican ex-lover with deportation when the man refused to promise never to disclose their years-long relationship, the former boyfriend and his lawyer tell New Times.

The article also has a screencap from a ghey dating site wherein he is looking for some 3on1 action.

The article also alleges:

If what [Babeu's attorney] says is correct [about Orozco's being illegal], either the sheriff had a long relationship with someone he knew was undocumented, while all the time being Mr. Bluster about the border and using it for political gain," or he threatened to deport someone he just broke up with, Merritt says.

The article also has screencaps of a text message discussion, and there were allegations of his using a County-issued cellphone for some of these discussions and pix.

One of the platforms he stood upon, for his election, was to clean-house of all the corruption in Pinal County......and yes, Cullion....there was some Vicar-diddling (http://ktar.com/category/local-news-articles/20110303/Babeu-says-he-was-victim-of-priest-abuse/)

Feryk
22nd February 12, 02:12 PM
Would his being gay have destroyed his attempt to run for Congress?

Do the voters care that much?

22nd February 12, 02:29 PM
Would his being gay have destroyed his attempt to run for Congress?

Do the voters care that much?
He's running against an incumbent with a strong "family values" message, so possibly, yeah.

Feryk
22nd February 12, 02:31 PM
Seems like this was handled badly on both sides. From what that article says, the Mexican ex boyfriend will have a tough time in a court proving that there were threats made. Probably why he went public.

Having said that, if this guy would've just come clean early and got out front of this, the sherriff wouldn't look like such a dick.

22nd February 12, 03:54 PM
Seems like this was handled badly on both sides. From what that article says, the Mexican ex boyfriend will have a tough time in a court proving that there were threats made. Probably why he went public.

Having said that, if this guy would've just come clean early and got out front of this, the sherriff wouldn't look like such a dick.
In reality, nobody likes their elected officials acting like perverted scum with all the morals of a wild animal, regardless of orientation and the taxpayers really dislike the idea that the people they are paying to do a job are spending their time rutting on the internet.

Regardless as to whether or not threats were made, it looks skeevy that a "tough on the border" lawman didn't have any problem gettin' a little strange from an illegal.

Feryk
22nd February 12, 04:00 PM
IS he illegal? I thought he had a visa?

22nd February 12, 04:23 PM
I'll see if I can find the other story I read wherein it was alleged that Orozco was here under an expired visa with the Sheriff's knowledge.

Feryk
22nd February 12, 05:26 PM
If that's the case, the sherriff should get charged with something, dammit!

22nd February 12, 06:25 PM
It was never stated he flat-out knew, but stated it was suspected he knew.

Plus [email protected]