PDA

View Full Version : Redneck Montessori

Commodore Pipes
12th February 12, 01:01 AM
Kids these days. Why, what they need is some old-fashioned parenting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU&feature=related

I don't think this is worth getting as butthurt over as lots of people have, but I am not particularly impressed with the dude's parenting. It's like that Denis Leary joke, "We never yell at the kids. We just wave the gun around and they fall in line."

But hey, that dude was out of the house by the time he was 15 - I wonder what sort of awesome parenting skills he learned from his old man.

Spade: The Real Snake
12th February 12, 11:33 AM
The only things you, as a parent, are required to give your child is the basic necessities:

food
safety
shelter
medical care
clean clothes
a bed

they aren't required to have a tv or computer or cell phone or $100 Nikes or $500 leather jacket or spending money.

fuck it, their bedroom doesn't even need a fucking door...they can get dressed in the bathroom for privacy.

hell, their clothes don't even need to be stylish.....buy them cheap shit at Walmart, provided they fit and are clean and not raggedy.

the reason kids get the "extras". the couple of bucks spending money....the $60 Xbox game....the Kindle....the new bedding to make their room look nicer....is because we, as parents, CHOOSE to in order to have an external manifestation to the child that we love and cherish them and we appreciate them being a good kid, who works hard, tries their hardest and takes their life's responsibilities seriously.

Schoolwork and good grades, doing their part to pick-up after themselves, offering to help around the house, not complaining about homework or going to bed on time......you know. Just basic "not being an asshole".

that's what kids don't understand. this entitlement privledged mindset. For every good kid, that "gets it", they are surrounded by a dozen sycophants at school whom crow-on about all the stuff they get from their "I want my kid to like me, not love and respect, and be my friend so I can seem and feel cool and try and capture my fleeting youth" parents.

she's engaged in the same type of normal bitching that every kid has done....the problem is the trappings of modern technology has made her schoolyard pussymouthing available for all to see and have it recorded for posterity.

She needs a good, nice, harsh, swift dose of reality and at 15, it can't come too soon.

12th February 12, 11:35 AM
However, his making a faggoty YouTube video is childish.

Lebell
12th February 12, 12:46 PM
also it's totally fake.

Commodore Pipes
12th February 12, 11:14 PM
My first reaction, honestly, was "Passive-aggressive dad raises passive-aggressive daughter. Big surprise." But then I thought that shooting a laptop seemed pretty damn aggressive, except for the fact that it was a pretty indirect way to confront the girl about it.

12th February 12, 11:23 PM
I just looked at my post and nominate myself as walloftextman

Sent by telekinesis via Cerebro

Commodore Pipes
13th February 12, 12:46 AM
I just looked at my post and nominate myself as walloftextman

Sent by telekinesis via Cerebro

Can you imagine if Ajunebug had actually changed your name to resolve? People's brains would be exploding left and right.

Harpy
13th February 12, 01:49 AM
I feel like the post view length has gotten shorter, what used to be a two sentence post for me now ends up looking like a paragraph. Might be the setting changed that occurred recently.

Harpy
13th February 12, 01:50 AM
Proof!! ^ that was 2 lines long when I was typing it.

resolve
13th February 12, 02:53 AM
Maybe Phrost is still using a monitor that can only support 800x600 resolution :P.

Lebell
13th February 12, 06:42 AM
but have you learned already its a spoof video?

13th February 12, 07:54 AM
<Phrost> LOOKS FINE ON MY MONITOR </Phrost>

Commodore Pipes
13th February 12, 11:11 AM
but have you learned already its a spoof video?

Can't find evidence of that, but I haven't looked yet today. It isn't outlandish, if that's what you mean.

13th February 12, 11:31 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099958/Dad-shot-daughters-laptop-Facebook-post-wont-let-family-gain-new-fame.html

Lebell
13th February 12, 01:31 PM
Can't find evidence of that, but I haven't looked yet today. It isn't outlandish, if that's what you mean.

I read on a dutch site it's a viral for some dude's youtube channel, like 'parenting guy' or whatever.