PDA

View Full Version : So Chistopher Hitchens died!

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
16th December 11, 08:49 AM
Christopher Hitchens—the incomparable critic, masterful rhetorician, fiery wit, and fearless bon vivant—died today at the age of 62. Hitchens was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in the spring of 2010, just after the publication of his memoir, Hitch-22, and began chemotherapy soon after. His matchless prose has appeared in Vanity Fair since 1992, when he was named contributing editor.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2011/12/In-Memoriam-Christopher-Hitchens-19492011/_jcr_content/par/cn_contentwell/par-main/cn_blogpost/cn_float_container/cn_image.size.hitchens-2004-contributor-image.jpg

Vanity Fair piece (http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2011/12/In-Memoriam-Christopher-Hitchens-19492011)

What will Snake do now?

How will Mole support his philosophicles?

Is resolve now safe to go into the locker room?

Will Angry Mandrill stop pretending to be Snake?

Angry Mandrill
16th December 11, 08:58 AM
pretending?

aspiring, maybe.

and no.

Ajamil
16th December 11, 09:59 AM
Esophageal cancer, huh? I wonder how many times he was told it was God telling him to shut up?

EvilSteve
16th December 11, 10:34 AM
And yet Henry Kissinger lives on...

Vieux Normand
16th December 11, 10:35 AM
Esophageal cancer, huh? I wonder how many times he was told it was God telling him to shut up?

That would have been a vocal-cord malignancy or some respiration-related cancer, genius.

Feryk
16th December 11, 10:57 AM
Someone has to take up the cowl. Mole?

Spade: The Real Snake
16th December 11, 11:56 AM
I am like the Nightwing, occasionally putting on the cowl of Mole or Mandrill, yet never quite filling their boots in the same manner.

Resolve is like the Azreal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azrael_%28comics%29), thinking he is doing God's will, needing to wear robotic armor yet still failing.

KO'd N DOA
16th December 11, 02:27 PM
So where do atheist go while waiting for judgement day?
Chris said he liked surprises.

Ajamil
16th December 11, 03:25 PM
My pedantic nature refuses even a drop of humor to get in.Like you speak for God...

nihilist
16th December 11, 04:16 PM
None of this will matter once He moves the rock that sealed his tomb.

Fearless Ukemi
17th December 11, 09:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qW1ZC.png

Vieux Normand
17th December 11, 10:31 AM
Like anyone speaks with their oesophagus...

Right.

Ajamil
17th December 11, 10:55 AM
Now if it were Vieux God was telling to shut up, I'd stake my bet on colon cancer.

Vieux Normand
17th December 11, 11:02 AM
Now if it were Vieux God was telling to shut up, I'd stake my bet on colon cancer.

Arjuna?

Bringing up the subjects of staking and colons?

How very unusual.

Ajamil
17th December 11, 04:08 PM
Is your colon in need of being staked, then?

Cullion
17th December 11, 04:16 PM
That's pretty forward. Why don't you warm him up by just chatting about a common interest, like vegetarianism ?

Chill out boys.

Ajamil
17th December 11, 04:24 PM
Vieux's not vegetarian, he just prefers to kill his own meat and won't eat it otherwise.

Cullion
17th December 11, 04:46 PM
If years go by without meat being eaten, then that's just a different reason for being vegetarian.

You're not making it easy for him, remember he's socially awkward.

Ajamil
17th December 11, 05:31 PM
But so am I! I'm considering it a chore to go make an appearance at the pub tonight.

SoulMechanic
17th December 11, 05:36 PM
And yet Henry Kissinger lives on...

They telling me to spread my rep again...

Vieux Normand
18th December 11, 04:15 PM
*analanalanal*

*analanalanal*

*analanalanal*

Click.

--Hello?

--Is this Aj?

--Speaking.

--This is your patron diety.

--Oh, your Serene ChandraPutraRamadamaDingDong! I genuflect...

--Save it, boy. There's been a change.

--What? But you promised...

--You know how it is, Aj. I needed a pack of smokes, and you're going down to 3 Block to be with the god there.

--Him?!? But he doesn't shave...and he uses sand!

--Yeah, so leave the tube of lube where it is, okay? I'll need it for my new hitch...um, bitch.

--But you said you'd be different than the other gods!

--Been long enough, Aj. See ya. Or not.

Click.

--Waaaaaaaaaaah!

Ajamil
18th December 11, 08:05 PM
Lol. I want a ringtone that goes *analanalanal* now. And Krishna never says He's different than any other symbol of supremacy. In fact, Bhaktivinode Thakur's description of being in pure devotional service read quite a bit like a rape description to me.

Vieux Normand
18th December 11, 10:51 PM
NHK news has just reported Hitchens has a fellow-nube in the afterlife: Kim Jong-Il.

That might be quite the conversation to listen in on.

billy sol hurok
19th December 11, 09:22 AM
I got Hitch by brainbar in the first.

Ajamil
19th December 11, 10:06 AM
Brainbar will slip from lack of purchase. KJI with a flurry of crazy at the end of the second round.

Vieux Normand
19th December 11, 12:39 PM
Lol. I want a ringtone that goes *analanalanal* now.

That's not what you want.

You want to skip ringtones entirely and have a phone you can permanently set on "vibrotate".

Ajamil
19th December 11, 04:37 PM
I have a set of speakers called Chill Pill that's just the right size. Set up some dubstep and mmmmm...