PDA

View Full Version : Cologne

SoulMechanic
21st September 11, 04:41 PM
So I found myself purchasing cologne for work today and my lady friend made fun of me for "trying to smell like I was going to a Pop Warner dance." The fragrance she was making fun of me about was Chrome.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKZexBcoV5EVPWpZ9pJYlNF2jh9xY1c PC8SoGZewW0s7YSHhcW8w

I usually try to wear a cheaper cologne with a good smell that works year round for work. I work most nights a week bartending at a high class French Restaurant in the evening and during the day I am usually doing consultations for my DJ business. I try not to spend allot of money on work cologne because I am using the shit once or twice a day every day and realize it could get costly. So my question is, what colognes do you guys all wear? When I am out with a girl or not working I generally wear Auqua Di Gio, Burberry, or Very Sexy for Men by Victoria Secret.

Adouglasmhor
21st September 11, 04:49 PM
Corduroy
Aramis 900
Marks and Spencer Sandalwood and amber

Spade: The Real Snake
21st September 11, 05:09 PM
Chanel Allure
Thierry Mugler Angel
Aquolina Blue Sugar

jubei33
21st September 11, 05:24 PM
oe'd chemique:positively command her attention.

It changes throughout the year, varying from beautiful flowers to burning tire rubber.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
21st September 11, 08:40 PM
Most companies do not have any facilities with which to produce cologne, so they license the production to one of a handful of companies who do. I'll have to hunt for more info for you.

resolve
22nd September 11, 12:46 AM
Colognes will smell different depending on who wears them.

By that I mean different body chemistries with the same fragrance applied will all smell different.

You just have to try stuff out and see what works for you. Free samples are pretty good for that while saving money.

I personally like Lacoste's line, Eddie Bauer Adventurer (I get a lot of compliments from the ladies with that one), and Burberry.

Sometimes just aftershave or a more fragrant deodorant/bodywash works just as well.

Pie of Hate
22nd September 11, 07:23 AM
Whe the situation calls for it i like Joop. Sometimes i borrow a bit of Woman of Doom's Brut.

EvilSteve
22nd September 11, 07:37 AM
Never wear cologne anymore, but when I did I wore Fahrenheit.

Cullion
23rd September 11, 03:22 PM
I used to wear Jazz as a teenager. In retrospect, I thought it was a wonder-cure for acne (because of the alcohol content drying out the skin) and I probably smelled awful.

I never wear cologne now.

SoulMechanic
23rd September 11, 04:51 PM
Whe the situation calls for it i like Joop. Sometimes i borrow a bit of Woman of Doom's Brut.

IMO, Joop is the worst smelling garbage ever. I would rather wear old spice then that turd in a bottle.

Dark Helmet
23rd September 11, 06:48 PM
Drakkar noir. Any cologne that you can buy in a gas station is good enough for me.

23rd September 11, 06:49 PM
Anything that makes me smell like I just rolled out of a 3-day stint at a French Cathouse.

jubei33
23rd September 11, 06:56 PM
as an employee or patron?

Cullion
23rd September 11, 06:59 PM
Doesn't matter. They're both going to smell of garlic, urine and rotting fish after 3 days.

jubei33
23rd September 11, 08:08 PM
ah, i think I once read about those three used as a cure all for hangovers.

23rd September 11, 11:42 PM
hey, anyone got a homebrew cure for "Le Crabbes"?

Harpy
24th September 11, 01:03 AM
As long as the perfume isn't being used to cover up body odour it's ok. I tend to prefer men who don't feel the need to be smelt a mile away or think that overuse of cologne is going to make a woman swoon from the fumes.

Mecha, try YSL L'Homme.

Ajamil
24th September 11, 02:30 AM
I tend to prefer men who don't feel the need to be smelt a mile away or think that overuse of cologne is going to make a woman swoon from the fumes.That goes for anyone wearing a scent, don't you think? And I prefer to soak my shirt cuffs in chloroform. Guaranteed to get the girls swooning over you.

SoulMechanic
24th September 11, 03:39 AM
I agree lily. Its best if they get a subtle whiff of the cologne and have it smell so attractive she wants to get closer to you in hopes of achieving that same aromatic orgasm. Nobody should ever strive to smell like a Greek nightclub owner.

24th September 11, 10:07 AM
Love's Baby Soft

Adouglasmhor
25th September 11, 04:10 PM
hey, anyone got a homebrew cure for "Le Crabbes"?

Les savon et le rasoir.

26th September 11, 07:46 AM
Dougie likes a clean plate, huh

SoulMechanic
26th September 11, 03:47 PM
I am going to Sephora today with two lady friends. So I will have experts on hand when I buy me some bomb new smellz.

jubei33
26th September 11, 04:09 PM
You all have given me a new idea, especially in conjunction with the 'new art' floating around.

I'm going to call it Seducin. Inside will be one of the most powerful animal pheromones known to man, one that has 300 times the potency of ordinary Blattellaquinone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blattellaquinone). I spent last weekend synthesizing it and the results should be exciting, who wants to try it out first?

SoulMechanic
26th September 11, 04:18 PM
I'm down if there are no adverse side effects. Skin irritation, testicular feminization, etc.

26th September 11, 04:21 PM
seduXshun

you're welcome

Cullion
26th September 11, 04:23 PM
i bet whoever puts it on will get chased down the street by horny dogs

SoulMechanic
26th September 11, 04:27 PM
PherAbone

26th September 11, 04:32 PM
like there would need to be any chasin'

SoulMechanic
26th September 11, 04:41 PM
I think I will see if I can send a message to Kreashawn on her website. See what she likes a man to smell like. Maybe I should just spritz myself with room temperature Olde English800.

26th September 11, 04:44 PM
Olde English Leather 800

jubei33
26th September 11, 05:21 PM

You know its funny that a lot of pheromones are species specific. Ever seen a 'cockroach cape'? You will: art imitates life indeed!

seduXshun

PherAbone
Pherabone wins!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
17th October 11, 02:33 AM
I want a fragrance that smells brooding and gothic, like the inside of a cathedral. why can't anyone make this? do you think i should just like, rub in spent incense and burnt bone? that sounds like a pretty metal way to smell.

Ajamil
17th October 11, 07:10 AM
I think you'd end up smelling like a naga-baba. See if you can gather some crematorium dust.

NoBowie
17th October 11, 09:24 AM
I would like a cologne that smells like the queefs of gin-douched schoolgirls.

17th October 11, 10:04 AM
I would like a cologne that smells like my 13 yr. old Mormon cousin.

NoBowie
17th October 11, 10:35 AM
I would like a cologne that smells like my then 13 yr. old Mormon cousin (and I was 13 too so no pedo) if she douched with gin and queefed.

Ajamil
17th October 11, 11:01 AM
The point of cologne is to smell nice to other people, NoB. What you want is a potpourri.

17th October 11, 11:06 AM
Off to CraigsList with you, NoB

NoBowie
17th October 11, 11:08 AM
The point of cologne is to smell nice to other people, NoB. What you want is a potpourri.

Women want a man who smells like he showered and shaved in the morning, then went out and killed a raging mountain goat for breakfast with his bare hands, saved 3 babies from a fire, shoveled manure for a breast cancer awareness charity, and masturbated to a picture of a rose.

17th October 11, 11:39 AM
Women want a man who smells like he showered and shaved in the morning, then went out and killed a raging mountain goat for breakfast with his bare hands, saved 3 babies from a fire, shoveled manure for a breast cancer awareness charity, and masturbated to a picture of a rose.
read that:
she wants me to smell like "dad"

SoulMechanic
17th October 11, 04:14 PM
Women want a man

Now now, you know good and well first hand that is not always the truth.

NoBowie
17th October 11, 04:29 PM
Now now, you know good and well first hand that is not always the truth.

The 'hetero' is implied.

Sorry to offend, Mr. Literal Pants.

Robot Jesus
17th October 11, 06:04 PM
for samma

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/rpg.html

Robot Jesus
18th October 11, 04:37 PM
I wonder what a lawful evil dwarf fighter would smell like, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to mix them.

SoulMechanic
18th October 11, 04:38 PM
Likely smells like shame, Oxy medicated pads and cheeto dust.

18th October 11, 04:46 PM
CHEDDLE: for MEN...uh, YOU

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
21st January 12, 03:47 AM
I'm still looking for my gothic cathedral fragrance; in the meantime, here's one with notes of industrial glue and brown scotch tape: http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/section/1/item/21626/brand/Comme_des_Garcons/Eau_de_Parfum.html

Cullion
21st January 12, 06:57 AM
Likely smells like shame, Oxy medicated pads and cheeto dust.

The system will not let me rep you.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
21st January 12, 07:00 AM
got it

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd January 12, 08:46 PM
found it
http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/section/1/item/21901/brand/Comme_des_Garcons_Series_3:_Incense/Kyoto.html

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd February 12, 11:12 PM
bought that cologne in the post above
it's everything i ever wanted and more
i've probably sprayed on myself eight times today. thank god i didn't leave the house because i'd probably get arrested smelling the way i do now

nihilist
3rd February 12, 01:24 AM
I hate phewfume.

Harpy
3rd February 12, 05:37 AM
Amen, don't like smelling it on others (as it's nearly always cheap commercial crap) and don't wear it.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd February 12, 09:19 PM
Yes, I also hate terrible things. All of the fragrances I buy for myself smell like sex or tobacco or wood varnish.

nihilist
3rd February 12, 09:58 PM
Many fragrances use actual components of shit and piss as ingredients.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd February 12, 11:54 PM
awesome

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th February 12, 03:46 PM
required reading
http://www.eno-web.co.uk/interviews/detail92.html

29th February 12, 03:54 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/3/31/Pokemon_cologne.png/180px-Pokemon_cologne.png

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th February 12, 04:05 PM
NO FUCKING WAY
WHERE DO I BUY IT
WHAT DOES IT SMELL LIKE

29th February 12, 04:13 PM
NO FUCKING WAY
WHERE DO I BUY IT
WHAT DOES IT SMELL LIKE
http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-MEN-Air-Val-International/dp/B000H0U5W6
my kid has it.
Smells faintly of orange and vanilla.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th February 12, 04:22 PM
funny
i spent a lot more than that to get a similar profile out of terre d'hermes

29th February 12, 04:32 PM
yeah, but it ain't got Pikachu on the bottle.

man, he was mackin' on all the fly 10 yr. old shorties

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th February 12, 04:34 PM
it has hermes on the bottle
it's like pikachu for aspirational middle class adults. can't afford the handbags, can afford the cologne

Adouglasmhor
29th February 12, 06:40 PM
it has hermes on the bottle
it's like pikachu for aspirational middle class adults. can't afford the handbags, can afford the cologne
Hermes
Or Hermes

SoulMechanic
29th March 12, 05:06 PM
I was at the mall the other day when I remembered that I used to love this stuff. Bought some and have been getting compliments almost daily. Very Sexy 2, is pretty good too but not nearly as sexy as the original.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYEsctCLLODEwDBLJfTcWncqzzCumuO b78O3Vjce4i9usEnNrKMQ

Cullion
29th March 12, 05:24 PM
I am interrupting this thread because I feel it needs a little music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WJiCUdLBxuI

SoulMechanic
29th March 12, 05:56 PM
One of my all time favorite songs. Nice rendition to boot. Oh and the cologne is called Very Sexy for him by Victoria's Secret. My purchase landed me a free body lotion for my girlfriend too. Everybody won!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th March 12, 07:07 PM
Well, if you're happy with it.

SoulMechanic
30th March 12, 03:46 PM

Yes, I think you are finally getting it. I want females to be compelled to be in close proximity to me because they cant get enough of the soulafunk. I have no interest in smelling like a rent boys gym bag. Feel me?

NoBowie
30th March 12, 04:15 PM

MJS PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS ON COLOGNE AND CLOTHING SO I CAN ATTRACT MORE QUEERS. THANK YOU.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
30th March 12, 06:58 PM
I don't approach cologne with the purpose of making myself more attractive to either sex.

NoBowie
30th March 12, 07:08 PM
I don't approach cologne with the purpose of making myself more attractive to either sex.

If it is purely for personal pleasure, then you can't really comment on anyone's preference with any authority. If personal pleasure is the goal, then you should wear the cologne that smells the best to you. End of story.

30th March 12, 08:01 PM
Yes NoB
You can keep wearing Luv's Baby Soft

Sent by telekinesis via Cerebro

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
30th March 12, 08:39 PM
If it is purely for personal pleasure, then you can't really comment on anyone's preference with any authority. If personal pleasure is the goal, then you should wear the cologne that smells the best to you. End of story.

I don't think I'm stepping beyond the scope of my authority when I say that VS releases mediocre fragrances targeted primarily towards a demographic that is unaware of more compelling options in the fragrance market.

NoBowie
30th March 12, 10:37 PM
I don't think I'm stepping beyond the scope of my authority when I say that VS releases mediocre fragrances targeted primarily towards a demographic that is unaware of more compelling options in the fragrance market.

You might want to watch 'compelling' but you don't go to bed with it.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
31st March 12, 12:19 AM
Are you seriously pulling that "not meant to be worn by mere mortals" card usually reserved for runway shows?

nihilist
31st March 12, 12:54 AM
zyaQntD7hKo
Of_wQPZ7Vd0

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
31st March 12, 01:36 AM
bingo