PDA

View Full Version : Rugby War Dance

resolve
10th September 11, 01:04 AM
New Zealand versus Tonga...

What other sport do you get to see war dances before the game?

3NeZFpry8nc

New Zealand vs Fiji

rTGEPW6p4M0

Craigypooh
10th September 11, 03:20 AM
There's been a few fun encounters between the British teams and NZ over the years during the Haka:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfX5G3jIXWQ

a Welsh stare down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD761YAUXkw

SoulMechanic
10th September 11, 04:17 AM
Hawaiian football teams do this stupid bullshit. Always got their butts fucked all the way back to the Islands.

OZZ
10th September 11, 11:26 AM
I think its kind of cool..
If there's one body type that concerns me as far as a physical confrontation goes, its guys who are built like pro rugby players.
Short, big shoulders with strong legs to just drive right through an opponent and they usually have stone jaws ..tough guys.

elipson
10th September 11, 01:57 PM
The Haka is fucking awesome.

i had a Kiwi/Somoan friend of mine who did the Haka one night while we were drinking. It's fucking intense.

Cullion
10th September 11, 04:49 PM
I think its kind of cool..
If there's one body type that concerns me as far as a physical confrontation goes, its guys who are built like pro rugby players.
Short, big shoulders with strong legs to just drive right through an opponent and they usually have stone jaws ..tough guys.

Professional Rugby players are not all short. Forwards are often massive.

OZZ
10th September 11, 06:30 PM
Likewise, not all of Cullion's posts are annoying..just the one's that jump all over even the slightest generalization.

Cullion
11th September 11, 04:24 AM
I'm here to teach you. And I don't even charge.

Adouglasmhor
11th September 11, 04:07 PM
I was 6ft and 256lbs and I was a small forward.

My team got in the Guinness book of records once, but the record was broken later by someone else.Beat another army unit 177 to 4.

danno
12th September 11, 06:45 AM
my brother once dropped dropped a moari with a headbutt because he started doing the haka in his face out the front of a pub one night. his son has turned out to be a phenomenal rugby player.

but yes, the haka is fucking awesome.

puXad30DSfg

Conde Koma
12th September 11, 02:11 PM
there's really something awesome about any sort of war dance, it just makes you jump every time they do it. would be great if more sports did stuff like this.

NoBowie
6th September 12, 02:41 PM
vKgV8Go9t3o

Adouglasmhor
7th September 12, 02:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_3pY0ulX4

Conde Koma
7th September 12, 02:49 AM
my brother showed me this a couple days ago. aside from it being a damn awesome way to show respect to a fallen brother, is it appropriate to use the haka this way? i thought it was for before a fight, did the maori use it for after as well?

Adouglasmhor
7th September 12, 02:58 AM
my brother showed me this a couple days ago. aside from it being a damn awesome way to show respect to a fallen brother, is it appropriate to use the haka this way? i thought it was for before a fight, did the maori use it for after as well?

Before a struggle, at a Celebration, at a funeral, and it's not the Haka there are different ones for different occasions, so it's a Haka. The rugby one is Ka Mate,

Whatiwhati to hope!
Ringa pakia e!
Waewae takahia!
Ka huri o kanohi e!

Sway your hips
Slap your thighs
Move your feet
Turn your eyes

Ka mate, ka mate
Ka ora, ka ora
Tenei te tangata puhuruhuru
Nana i tiki mai whakawhiti te ra
Upane, upane
Upane kaupane
Whiti te ra.

It is death, it is death
It is life, it is life
This is the hairy man
Who caused the sun to shine again for me
Up the ladder, up the ladder
Up to the top
The sun shines.

It was written by a war chief who killed southern Maori and European settlers and once while being hunted hid in a food storage pit, his friend "the hairy man" came and told him his enemies ahd gone, so it's after the fight in a way.

NoBowie
10th November 14, 02:36 PM
WAR DANCE!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/AZiBq7D.gif

Üser Friendly
11th November 14, 03:16 AM
^when Monopoly goes bad

NoBowie
11th November 14, 09:41 AM
^when Monopoly goes bad
umm no, you idiot!

That is quite clearly 'Settlers of Catan'.

Spade: The Real Snake
11th November 14, 10:38 AM
I WANT RICH UNCLE PENNYBAGS INSIDE ME!!!!!!!

Sent by telekinesis via Cerebro