PDA

View Full Version : anyone following the DC reboot?

Robot Jesus
9th September 11, 01:34 PM
Read the first few pages of the superman reboot, might actually read more.

I don't know if superman as not a boy scout will last. It works for the individual comics, making them actually interesting, but then supes loses his iconic nature that defined him.

OZZ
9th September 11, 05:16 PM
I expressed my opinions about this in the thread put up when the news broke..
Suffice to say, I am more than slightly annoyed by the whole thing. I've slashed the number of titles I usually purchase per month down to 3 ( All-Star Western, Detective Comics, Batman) and am going back to investing in back issues for a while.

Ajamil
9th September 11, 11:12 PM
Word on the chans is that Animal Man is the title to read right now. I haven't been following, though.

Robot Jesus
10th September 11, 12:05 AM
I don't know if I can bring myself to read a comic called animal man. same reason I resisted going to a place called Bill's Peking house for years.

Ajamil
10th September 11, 12:08 AM
I never followed the guy, but Death of Animal Man was a great comic.

Robot Jesus
10th September 11, 03:33 PM
apparently there's some controversy surrounding superman saying GD.

not god damn but gd.

Spade: The Real Snake
10th September 11, 03:40 PM
the new Animal Man is supposed to be linke-up with Swamp Thing, which will bring him back to the Vertigo series style

OZZ
10th September 11, 06:13 PM
I was down at Heroes today..the guy working told me the biggest demand so far has been for Batgirl for some reason..all the other new #1's sold out too, but apparently a lot of people were looking for the new Batgirl title.

resolve
10th September 11, 08:47 PM
Cuz lesbonism.

Ajamil
10th September 11, 09:45 PM
Cuz controversy. Apparently Killing Joke is still "canon" and Barbara just went "I got better," and is walking around again. Of course everything I hear is that the title is mediocre at best and some speculate the writer is trying to sabotage the run so she can bring back one of the other Batgirls.

OZZ
11th September 11, 11:31 AM
You think that's bad..they got the bright idea that carving the Joker's face off would be a good way to inject some new life into the character..fucking stupid.

EvilSteve
12th September 11, 01:57 PM
Haven't followed the reboot at all, although Grant Morrison's tenure writing Animal Man is worth reading.

OZZ
12th September 11, 05:44 PM
Yes..that title has been drawing some interest.
One thing is for sure..all the #1's are selling out.

Hedley LaMarr
13th September 11, 04:19 PM
Cuz controversy. Apparently Killing Joke is still "canon" and Barbara just went "I got better," and is walking around again. Of course everything I hear is that the title is mediocre at best and some speculate the writer is trying to sabotage the run so she can bring back one of the other Batgirls.
I would be completely content with bringing back Stephanie Brown, the last Batgirl pre reboot. It was a mediocre run overall but it had potential, with Barbara Gordon taking on sort of an old Bruce Wayne ala Batman Beyond to the new young blonde Batgirl. Bringing back Babs is just annoying.

OZZ
13th September 11, 08:40 PM
Especially considering the fact that Oracle was becoming a hub of information for the entire DC crew and becoming a decent character.

Hedley LaMarr
14th September 11, 12:38 AM
Especially considering the fact that Oracle was becoming a hub of information for the entire DC crew and becoming a decent character.
Exactly. Oracle was becoming an modern icon in the comics world that was being emulated in popular culture. Might of just been Smallville but still.

One character that I think may end up better thanks to this reboot is Jason Todd. I know a lot of people aren't a fan, but I like his character arc. Shitty Robin gets blown up and turns into a Dexter-esque serial killer personally trained by Batman and outfitted with weaponry by Ras Al Ghul's daughter. He took a dip during the Grant Morrison run but now he's running a vigilante group called the Outlaws (that includes Starfire on the roster.) It's the only comic I'm excited for right now to be honest. I'll take a peak at it next time I swing by the comic shop and see if it's something I want to put in my pull list.

OZZ
15th September 11, 11:43 AM
I think I'm going to dump Detective Comics and go with Batman and Robin instead...the interaction between Damian and Bruce is worth reading.
Nightwing may end up on my list too..if it starts off good.
So:
Batman
Batman and Robin
All-Star Western
Nightwing

I hate to drop Detective Comics , but the first story was dumb and I'm not throwing money away on new comics anymore.

Robot Jesus
7th November 11, 03:42 PM
just read action comics 1-3, good so far.