PDA

View Full Version : FASHION

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 09:41 AM
weCltin7_iQ
Qo5wdMiXHQ4

All of the clothing in these videos is/will be available for purchase.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 09:45 AM
tmYpGCJTopE
p_9-sGAyTjs
nkuJQU5nevk

nihilist
22nd March 11, 11:30 AM
kbN8QUIIcrA

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 11:38 AM
That doesn't appear to be fashion.

NoBowie
22nd March 11, 11:38 AM
This is MJS in about 8 years:

http://nunonbreak.com/Mar11/table.jpg

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 11:46 AM
The Gareth Pugh videos are exactly how I intend to dress 8 years from now.

nihilist
22nd March 11, 11:49 AM
Of course it's fashion.

CH94nsroF2A

nihilist
22nd March 11, 12:09 PM
http://bachmanbrowndesign.com/process/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Leigh-Bowery-1.jpg

NoBowie
22nd March 11, 12:13 PM
http://bachmanbrowndesign.com/process/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Leigh-Bowery-1.jpg

OMG. I would do whatever he / she / it says. Because the punishment for doing otherwise would probably be too awful to imagine.

Adouglasmhor
22nd March 11, 03:37 PM
Leighs dead but was briliantly Pastiched in an episode of spaced.
Gareth Pugh is OK for a Mak'em.

nihilist
22nd March 11, 04:22 PM
Legend of Leigh Bowery is a must see documentary.

Adouglasmhor
22nd March 11, 04:37 PM
Spaced is a must see comedy series.

nihilist
22nd March 11, 04:43 PM
I just Netflixed it and sent it to position#1

Adouglasmhor
22nd March 11, 04:58 PM
It spawned Shaun of the Dead. Give it time 1st episode is a bit slow.

nihilist
22nd March 11, 05:04 PM
It gets high rating numbers. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Ajamil
22nd March 11, 05:56 PM
OK I got through little more than 2 minutes on the first vid before I realized there's around an hour of YT posted there. Is it all similar? As in the clothes are very stylized and attention-grabbing and horribly impractical and wouldn't be worn by 95% of the population?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 06:44 PM
first two videos: fashion in the 25th century
last three videos: comedy

horribly impractical
what does this mean?

Ajamil
22nd March 11, 06:50 PM
Not being able to do anything in your clothes but stand around wanting people to look at your clothes.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 06:55 PM
why do people that dislike fashion always seem to live in fictional worlds where hostile samurai warriors roam their cities and they have to be constantly ready for battle?
You can sit in a chair, walk, and buy coffee equally as well in this sort of clothing as you can in anything else.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 06:58 PM
speaking of samurai, they fought battles in this:
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9773/p345ashiyukiushiwakamar.jpg

Adouglasmhor
22nd March 11, 07:00 PM
That's why they are extinct.

Ajamil
22nd March 11, 07:02 PM
why do people that dislike fashion always seem to live in fictional worlds where hostile samurai warriors roam their cities and they have to be constantly ready for battle?Where are you getting samurai from? You can't work in an office wearing these. You can't sell products wearing these. You can't serve customers wearing these. You can't work in a factory or warehouse wearing these. You can't do laborious work in these.

All you can really do is stand around fine:

sit in a chair, walk, and buy coffee
and hope people are looking at your clothes. Impractical.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 07:05 PM
Where are you getting samurai from? You can't work in an office wearing these. You can't sell products wearing these. You can't serve customers wearing these.

Plenty of people wear clothing like this to their jobs, especially those in fashion and other creative fields.

You can't work in a factory or warehouse wearing these. You can't do laborious work in these.

You can't do that in a suit either. Hell, I wouldn't even wear a sweater for that kind of thing because they're difficult to clean. So suits and sweaters are beneath you too, right?

and hope people are looking at your clothes. Impractical.

That's really not the point.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 07:14 PM
That's why they are extinct.

No they aren't.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4659/1294601783625.jpg

Ajamil
22nd March 11, 07:25 PM
Plenty of people have jobs where they stand around hoping people look at their clothes, especially those in fashion and other creative fields.

You can't do that in a suit either. Hell, I wouldn't even wear a sweater for that kind of thing because they're difficult to clean. So suits and sweaters are beneath you too, right?Actually, no - I don't really wear suits or sweaters. I would wear a suit if the occasion was necessary, or if I worked in an environment that deemed them important. Sweaters seem like jackets that are too hard to take off. I have a cashmere sweater I never wear because I'd have to get it dry-cleaned.

That's really not the point.What is the point of wearing something like the pic you posted above?

The only point I can see in wearing such impractical clothing is to please God, cuz he has a fashion fetish. But even then, I see no silly hat.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 07:28 PM
you can wash sweaters by hand
because you like the way it looks

Ajamil
22nd March 11, 07:39 PM
Then why wear it outside? Or why not just enjoy it on other people? If you like the way it looks, isn't it easier to see when you aren't wearing it? Now if you like the way it feels, that's a different story.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 07:40 PM
"If you like the way it looks, why would you wear it?"
Please ask this question out loud to yourself.

Ajamil
22nd March 11, 08:25 PM
Heh. Fair enough. But why try establish rules for such opinions and think other people should understand and follow these rules? I mean, this person likes the way they looked.

http://www.barking-moonbat.com/images/uploads/Bad_Cosplay_a16.jpg

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th March 11, 11:56 AM
don't care how other people dress

Ajamil
24th March 11, 12:14 PM
Yes you do. You post threads about it and critique pictures of other people's clothing choices.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th March 11, 12:19 PM
all of my friends dress terribly
it really is inconsequential

Ajamil
24th March 11, 12:55 PM
But you notice. I bet you could give me a rundown on their clothing. Really, what you said is a bit like someone half-smart surrounding himself with idiots.

nihilist
27th March 11, 12:00 AM
Watched the first two episodes of Spaced.

I laughed my ass off.

Neildo
27th March 11, 02:15 AM
thread needs more bowie

GA27aQZCQMk

NoBowie
28th March 11, 04:41 PM
My came is too strong.

http://nunonbreak.com/Mar11/jeans.jpg

nihilist
28th March 11, 11:20 PM
That shit's pretty weak dude.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th April 11, 09:56 PM
Qd3wr61epyA

Adouglasmhor
5th April 11, 12:59 AM
Is the purpose of artistically crafted clothing to make the wearer look the best they can or to show of the "originality" and "imagination of the designer?

nihilist
5th April 11, 01:37 AM
Most of that stuff looked like kids making their own road warrior costumes but about 5% of the pieces were kind of cool.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th April 11, 03:17 AM
Is the purpose of artistically crafted clothing to make the wearer look the best they can or to show of the "originality" and "imagination of the designer?

A lot of designers from past generations were more interested in making their wearers look good, but over at least the past thirty years a lot of designers have had other purposes. Yohji Yamamoto's work is mostly concerned with the movement of the fabric instead of flattering or slimming the wearer:

7Y6J6UK5St0
Rick Owens plays a lot of angles, but is generally architectural and three dimensional.

KgGUSms6Ndw

Julius seems to be rooted in gothic and industrial subcultures. I think it's mostly intended as clubwear for fairly affluent people.