PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Getting PF Flyers

Robstafarian
22nd March 11, 01:41 AM
Give me your wisdom.

Adouglasmhor
22nd March 11, 01:55 AM
What are you asking us for? Buy them if you want them.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 09:39 AM
The best PFF, the Cousy Hi, doesn't seem to have been released this season. I hope it comes back. Aside from that man, just go browse through them until you see a pair of shoes that scream buy me. Of all that's left, Cousy lo and certain Glide colorways are my favorite.

I've gotten pairs for as low as $20 by shopping around and using and stacking coupon codes.

Robstafarian
22nd March 11, 06:14 PM
I know next to nothing about this style of shoe construction, apart from the weightlifting perspective. My spastic self was strapped in with runner's wedges and all kinds of padding before the world was smart enough to realize a spastic will be more capable if his body is allowed to become more adept at what it wants to do anyway.

I have heard Converse All Stars have gone to shit, so is the quality intact with PF Flyers? I have a black on black canvas pair picked out for about $40.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd March 11, 06:46 PM
i used to have a pair of daily beaters that lasted through most of the year. if you're just using them as workout shoes they'll last for quite a while.

Robstafarian
23rd March 11, 11:46 PM
I put the order in this evening, just before a storm hit. I will post a review after a few weeks of wear. Might be the first thing I write with the subtitle I'm always vocalizing: “The Spastic Perspective.”

nihilist
26th March 11, 10:39 AM
c0hkXdb81VU

nihilist
26th March 11, 10:48 AM
Be sure and cut your hair in a flattop and say 'gosh' and 'gee whiz' a lot.

Robstafarian
26th March 11, 02:08 PM
Be sure and cut your hair in a flattop and say 'gosh' and 'gee whiz' a lot.

I am much more likely to recite George Carlin's cheer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTNi48f567E

nihilist
26th March 11, 04:09 PM
I'll bet he had PF Flyers as a kid.

Robstafarian
28th March 11, 05:19 PM
I have worn these shoes for about four hours now, and the effect has been amazing. My muscle tone and fine motor control are improving by the minute; my balance is better, likely because my shoes aren't getting in the way of my muscles (so to speak).

My hike today was 87.5% of my old distance record, and I could've matched the record if I'd brought a water bottle. I can't put into words all the ways my life is magically better; suffice it to say I'll have a pair of PF Flyers for as long as the quality holds up.

Japuma
28th March 11, 09:32 PM
So it's all worth looking like a giant tool then?

nihilist
28th March 11, 10:56 PM
I have worn these shoes for about four hours now, and the effect has been amazing. My muscle tone and fine motor control are improving by the minute; my balance is better, likely because my shoes aren't getting in the way of my muscles (so to speak).

My hike today was 87.5% of my old distance record, and I could've matched the record if I'd brought a water bottle. I can't put into words all the ways my life is magically better; suffice it to say I'll have a pair of PF Flyers for as long as the quality holds up.
BS lyer

Robstafarian
29th March 11, 03:09 AM
BS lyer

Us spastics sometimes get extraordinary benefits from products because our condition puts us at a disadvantage in the first place (e.g. my experience with Creatine Ethyl Ester).