PDA

View Full Version : Did I win a race?

Shotgun Christening
18th December 10, 10:43 AM
We all have seen/heard someone or have been called a racist at one time or another. Sometimes this label is justified, more often than not, it isnt.
Racist/Racism, is a button pushing word used by people who have no real argument, and are up against the proverbial wall. They lash out as a last resort, knowing that it wil change the topic from the one they are taking a beating on, to one where the other person has to defend themselves. Its a poor tactic.

Racism is defined as:

rac·ism   /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ [rey-siz-uhm]
–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Now when someone is called a racist, the natual response is "My closest friend is black/white/yellow/red/tan/etc." and the obligatory reply from the antagonizer is "oh, I see, you have a black/white/yellow/red/tan/etc friend so that makes you not a racist."
By the very definiton of the word, yes, it makes you not a racist.

If you were a true racist, you wouldnt even associate with people of other colors. Look at the better known hate groups in America. You dont see the true die hard members going outside their own race for comraderie.

I would even go as far as saying that simply using a racial slur doesnt make you a racist. Most of the time, during an argument, we say things that we KNOW will hurt or get a response from our opponent. Using a racial slur in this manner is much the same as calling someone a racist. As I said before, you are trying to push a button. (i.e. Jesse Jackson on President Obama)
Many people would suggest that what you say is whats in your heart. I say that your actions are what reveals whats truly in your heart. Calling someone "craker" after he cuts you off in line doesnt mean youre a racist. Beating him with a club whilst calling him a "cracker", does.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
18th December 10, 10:54 AM
Is this a joke?

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
18th December 10, 11:10 AM
A racist joke?

Cullion
18th December 10, 11:11 AM
I know some racist jokes.

Spade: The Real Snake
18th December 10, 11:21 AM
Before I proceed I demand everyone post pix so I can determine your ethnicities

SoulMechanic
18th December 10, 11:27 AM
ok stiffi

<===========================

18th December 10, 12:30 PM
http://www.newanimal.org/alien_asgard_stargate.jpg

Cullion
18th December 10, 01:27 PM
mixed WASP/Irish

18th December 10, 01:31 PM
Thus far, with this mixed lot, I don't feel comfortable discussing my views on this topic.

Maybe Cullion.
MAYBE.

NoBowie
18th December 10, 03:10 PM
3/4 English, 1/4 french

Kiko
18th December 10, 03:32 PM
If you describe your friend as in the OP, you're still somewhat of a racist, aren't you? Unless you think of them simply as your friend, and not your (fill in the blank what color/faith/sex/etc they are) friend. Unfortunately, few can say they're not. Not 100%. Are blind people less likely to be racist? I don't know.

Maybe someday, our great grandchildren will have the answers.

Frank White
18th December 10, 04:01 PM
Calling someone "craker" after he cuts you off in line doesnt mean youre a racist. Beating him with a club whilst calling him a "cracker", does.

Beating him BECAUSE he's a cracker is racist.

There has been a rash of muggings in my neighborhood recently. While walking with my son at night, a carload of thuggish black guys rolled by, I instinctively said "heads up" to my boy. Was I racist? Was it because the guys looked like broke gangbangers? Do I think I'm better than my wife because she's a beaner?

WarPhalange
18th December 10, 04:11 PM
My mom does the whole "There was this black guy at work today, but he was so nice and well-spoken" thing.

18th December 10, 04:20 PM
nah, beating him cuz he's a PeckerWood is racist.

There has been a rash of muggings in my neighborhood recently. While walking with my son at night, a carload of thuggish black guys rolled by, I instinctively said "heads up" to my boy. Was I racist? Was it because the guys looked like broke gangbangers?
Explode that fuckin' circle, Frankie and make a friend.

Do I think I'm better than my wife because she's a beaner?
you just want to make sure you got a place to stay when MECHA rolls in strong and hard

Frank White
18th December 10, 04:44 PM
My mom does the whole "There was this black guy at work today, but he was so nice and well-spoken" thing.

I've never heard the word 'articulate' other than being used to describe a black person.

Shotgun Christening
18th December 10, 05:20 PM
If you describe your friend as in the OP, you're still somewhat of a racist, aren't you? Unless you think of them simply as your friend, and not your (fill in the blank what color/faith/sex/etc they are) friend. Unfortunately, few can say they're not. Not 100%. Are blind people less likely to be racist? I don't know.

Maybe someday, our great grandchildren will have the answers.

I dont refer to Rod as "my black friend Rod. " Hes Rod.

Kiko
18th December 10, 05:22 PM
You did when defending yourself to the accusation of racism, didn't you?

Shotgun Christening
18th December 10, 05:23 PM

There has been a rash of muggings in my neighborhood recently. While walking with my son at night, a carload of thuggish black guys rolled by, I instinctively said "heads up" to my boy. Was I racist? Was it because the guys looked like broke gangbangers? Do I think I'm better than my wife because she's a beaner?

You cant help but be aware if someone fits a stereotypical "look". If you dress like a gangbanger then you should expect people to treat you like one. It isnt fair to prejudge someone, but people need to use an ounce of caution.

I dont think your better than your wife because of skin color, or for any other reason. I dont know you.

The beating him BECAUSE he was a cracker was implied when you beat him while calling him a cracker.

Shotgun Christening
18th December 10, 05:24 PM
You did when defending yourself to the accusation of racism, didn't you?

Actually no. I mentioned that he was black because someone accused me of being racist. I was also accused of being a homophobe despite the fact that I regularly have a gay couple over to play board games and to my parties.

Shotgun Christening
18th December 10, 05:26 PM
I've never heard the word 'articulate' other than being used to describe a black person.

There are lots of people where I live that say "we got black neighbors, but theyre from up North".

I too hear the word "articulate" in conunction with the description of a black person.

Frank White
18th December 10, 05:55 PM
The beating him BECAUSE he was a cracker was implied when you beat him while calling him a cracker.

Two different things. If I'm beating someone because I lost my temper because he cut me in line or whatever, and call him a cracker during the beating, that's not the same as seeking out a cracker for the sole purpose of beating him.

Shotgun Christening
19th December 10, 08:26 AM
Two different things. If I'm beating someone because I lost my temper because he cut me in line or whatever, and call him a cracker during the beating, that's not the same as seeking out a cracker for the sole purpose of beating him.

It was implied in my post. Thats what I was implying in my response.

Do you get my implications?

:)

19th December 10, 11:14 AM

You're a racist?

Fairy XXXmas
19th December 10, 11:32 AM
I couldn't find a funny flowchart about race, so here's one about bacon.

http://www.colinmcnulty.com/blog/images/bacon-flow-chart.png

Shotgun Christening
19th December 10, 12:51 PM
You're a racist?

I hate crackers.

FickleFingerOfFate
19th December 10, 12:54 PM
I'm more of a pretzel guy myself.

Kiko
19th December 10, 01:39 PM
You just had an omelette!

FickleFingerOfFate
19th December 10, 01:42 PM
You just had an omelette!

What are you, the calorie police or sumptin'?

Kiko
19th December 10, 01:44 PM
Next time, I'll make a 3 egger... You should have said you were hungry!

Ajamil
19th December 10, 07:19 PM
Went to a company brunch; they had egg and cheese pudding?...maybe. Thge criossants were nice, and they were picking up the drink tab. :)

Frank White
19th December 10, 11:55 PM
It was implied in my post. Thats what I was implying in my response.

I never get it.

:*(

Shotgun Christening
20th December 10, 06:36 AM
I never get it.

:*(

Its ok, I google everything myself.

AAAAAA
20th December 10, 07:16 AM
The nature of racism is more subtle than that; having an X friend doesn't mean you necessarily believe X ethnicity to be on par with Y (probably you being Y).
"We beat that goddamn X !" "Hey wait, but what about your friend who's X too?" "That's another matter, he's from here!/I know him well/He's in my sports team" etc etc

Shotgun Christening
20th December 10, 02:51 PM
The nature of racism is more subtle than that; having an X friend doesn't mean you necessarily believe X ethnicity to be on par with Y (probably you being Y).
"We beat that goddamn X !" "Hey wait, but what about your friend who's X too?" "That's another matter, he's from here!/I know him well/He's in my sports team" etc etc

One day my oldest son asked me

"Dad, whats a nigger?" His friend (who is black) was called that on the school bus.
I told him that a nigger was a black person you didnt know.

I explained that you cant really judge someone by skin color since that isnt a good indicator of someones worth. Worth can be attributed to someone after you get to know them as a person.

AAAAAA
20th December 10, 03:02 PM
One day my oldest son asked me

"Dad, whats a nigger?" His friend (who is black) was called that on the school bus.
I told him that a nigger was a black person you didnt know.

uhh...

I explained that you cant really judge someone by skin color since that isnt a good indicator of someones worth. Worth can be attributed to someone after you get to know them as a person.

That's kinda confusing to me.

Are you sure you didn't mean "I'm not racist, I know a lot of black people, but the others, they are niggers"?

20th December 10, 03:09 PM
See me and Frankie call use the word "beaner" cuz we all wedded up to one and shit. Hell, I can use "squaw" too. Dolamecha would be able to, as well, if he takes the plunge again.

lant3rn
20th December 10, 03:52 PM
Let's say I owned a plantation of black slaves. I treat my slaves very well and know them all on a first name basis

Could I say that i know alot of black people and therefor not a racist?

Ajamil
20th December 10, 03:54 PM
The way you avoid being racist is by calling the other person in the argument a racist first.

20th December 10, 04:30 PM
The way you avoid being racist is by calling the other person in the argument a racist first.

Racist pig!!

Ajamil
20th December 10, 04:33 PM
Pig is an insult to you, you hogist?

Shotgun Christening
20th December 10, 07:25 PM
uhh...

That's kinda confusing to me.

Are you sure you didn't mean "I'm not racist, I know a lot of black people, but the others, they are niggers"?

My point was, that people use the word nigger to describe a black person they dont know. If they took the time to get to know them they wouldnt have the same opinion of them.

Shotgun Christening
20th December 10, 07:26 PM
Let's say I owned a plantation of black slaves. I treat my slaves very well and know them all on a first name basis

Could I say that i know alot of black people and therefor not a racist?

Yes. Just because you are a douche bag doesnt mean you hate them.

Shotgun Christening
20th December 10, 07:27 PM

My point exactly

Toby Christensen
20th December 10, 11:44 PM
1/4 Danish, Irish, Scottish English each.

Sullen and humourless. Unless SOMETHING bad happens to SOMEONE bad.

Frank White
21st December 10, 05:38 AM
See me and Frankie call use the word "beaner" cuz we all wedded up to one and shit. Hell, I can use "squaw" too. Dolamecha would be able to, as well, if he takes the plunge again.

I call my wife a beaner because I'm racist.

I didn't know you were a race traitor, Snake. I'm disappointed, brother...

And for the record, black guys named Rod don't count as real black people.

Shotgun Christening
21st December 10, 06:21 AM
1/4 Danish, Irish, Scottish English each.

Sullen and humourless. Unless SOMETHING bad happens to SOMEONE bad.

Are your meds wearing off? WTF does this even mean?

Shotgun Christening
21st December 10, 06:22 AM

Its short for Rodney. Ill tell him that he isnt really black.

FickleFingerOfFate
21st December 10, 09:40 AM
Right after you explain to Toby that he isn't really sentient.
We picked the short straw for you in a proxy drawing.

21st December 10, 10:19 AM
I call my wife a beaner because I'm racist.
I'll reply after I am done putting the little chain steering wheel on her Honda

I didn't know you were a race traitor, Snake. I'm disappointed, brother...
I won't tell the boys at the Klavern if you don't

Not unless it is a nickname. such as "=blank= THE ROD"

FickleFingerOfFate
21st December 10, 10:43 AM
Not unless it is a nickname. such as "=blank= THE ROD"

Rufus the Rod?

(Reports self to NAACP)

Japuma
21st December 10, 11:42 AM
EavarA6K1Ys

lant3rn
21st December 10, 11:48 AM
Yes. Just because you are a douche bag doesnt mean you hate them.

The master slave relationship is always born from Love.

As you and oldmom already know.

Shotgun Christening
21st December 10, 02:58 PM
The master slave relationship is always born from Love.

As you and oldmom already know.

Love? Is that what that is? Cool, now I dont feel guilty.

Frank White
21st December 10, 04:09 PM
Its short for Rodney. Ill tell him that he isnt really black.

wait, before you do that... play some Parliament and see if he starts dancing. He might be a spy.

Frank White
21st December 10, 04:28 PM
I'll reply after I am done putting the little chain steering wheel on her Honda
I had a 73 Monte Carlo with a chain steering wheel back in the day. The license plate belonged to a Honda though.

I won't tell the boys at the Klavern if you don't

The tavern has been mentioned on a certain white supremist website as a place to avoid. Use the N word in that bar and you get your ass kicked... By N word I mean nigger.

jvjim
24th December 10, 12:21 AM
TRU FACT: Black people don't actually exist.

nihilist
24th December 10, 12:47 AM
White guys named Toby do.

FickleFingerOfFate
24th December 10, 09:45 AM
TRU FACT: Black people don't actually exist.

They must be an invention by the Dutch, attempting to cleanse their gene pool.

In unrelated news;
Lebell is going on an "all expenses paid" ocean cruise, after several visits to the local tanning salon.
All courtesy of the government of Holland.

Vieux Normand
27th December 10, 01:27 PM
Last night was planet-of-the-apes at the nightclub where I work.

The usual chimp-night shit went on: more weapons caught out than on other nights, more smoke, fewer tips for the bartenders, more fights (a real upsurge in female chimp-fights)...and, as usual, they wouldn't leave at closing time until carried out kicking and screaming threats of death-by-gunfire, an hour and a half later than usual closing time.

Then an hour of writing incident-reports.

Fuck, I hate chimps.

Wait...who did you think I was referring to?

jvjim
28th December 10, 01:02 AM
Overt, point of view racism. I've misjudged you Canada, you're alright.

Cullion
28th December 10, 07:16 AM
Vieux isn't Canadian.

28th December 10, 08:42 AM
Karate Bouncers are without borders.

Vieux Normand
28th December 10, 01:50 PM
Haven't you heard?

Karate doesn't work.

Shotgun Christening
29th December 10, 06:42 AM
Karate Bouncers are without borders.

Roadhouse. Nuff Said.

Toby Christensen
1st January 11, 08:51 PM
I think this is a good thread (given that it's about prejudice) to point out that FFF Shotgun and Vieux all need to be shot.

I'm a racist for Vieux though; I'm willing to make an exception for a mocha coloured goose stepping turban wearer who thinks he's "Aryan".

FickleFingerOfFate
2nd January 11, 09:01 AM
Hey,

Toby's back, and immediately talking shit.

I assume all of the bleeding hearts, that constantly tell me not to pick on him, and make excuses for his social retardation, will be good enough to stand back, and let him have the abuse he so diligently seeks.

2nd January 11, 10:07 AM
I think this is a good thread (given that it's about prejudice) to point out that FFF Shotgun and Vieux all need to be shot.

I'm a racist for Vieux though; I'm willing to make an exception for a mocha coloured goose stepping turban wearer who thinks he's "Aryan".

Tell us about the IM conversations you are having with the DolaMecha.
Is the Warden aware of this?

Vieux Normand
2nd January 11, 06:40 PM

Already been.

Grazed, but it left a pretty scar.

Try again, genius.

Shotgun Christening
2nd January 11, 07:08 PM

Just use your new sword Toby.

nihilist
2nd January 11, 07:58 PM
My mom does the whole "There was this black guy at work today, but he was so nice and well-spoken" thing. Blame the media.

SoulMechanic
2nd January 11, 08:03 PM
No, blame stupid black people who are on the news day in and day out for rape, murder and every other violent crime. Should middle aged white men blame the media because everybody thinks they are serial killers?

nihilist
2nd January 11, 08:06 PM
When a black girl goes missing does the nation come to a screeching halt?

SoulMechanic
2nd January 11, 08:10 PM
Make black girls more pretty. If she was cute the media would be all over it.

Shotgun Christening
3rd January 11, 06:48 AM
No, blame stupid black people who are on the news day in and day out for rape, murder and every other violent crime. Should middle aged white men blame the media because everybody thinks they are serial killers?

http://www.ourcivilisation.com/usa/racewar.htm

http://www.davidduke.com/general/the-sobering-and-alarming-statistics-of-black-crime-in-america_3630.html

http://www.racismeantiblanc.bizland.com/005/06-02.htm

Shotgun Christening
3rd January 11, 06:48 AM
When a black girl goes missing does the nation come to a screeching halt?

When a white guy gets beaten to death, does the nation come to a screeching halt?

http://www.sullivan-county.com/wcva/black_crime.htm

jvjim
3rd January 11, 07:41 AM
I have an idea for a "Those Who Walk Away from Omelas" rip off that will probably get me on the Southern Poverty Law Center's "Hate Watch." But it would be lulz worthy if posted on edit: certain anonymous image boards....

3rd January 11, 07:58 AM
I have an idea for a "Those Who Walk Away from Omelas" rip off that will probably get me on the Southern Poverty Law Center's "Hate Watch." But it would be lulz worthy if posted on edit: certain anonymous image boards....
the SPLC "Hate Watch List" includes an Italy-born naturalized Arizonian whom supports Legal Immigration.
That list is for shit

nihilist
3rd January 11, 01:07 PM
When a white guy gets beaten to death, does the nation come to a screeching halt?

http://www.sullivan-county.com/wcva/black_crime.htm
"It was only some white guy, whose ancestors probably owned slaves."

Shotgun Christening
3rd January 11, 06:51 PM
"It was only some white guy, whose ancestors probably owned slaves."

White Devils.

Cullion
3rd January 11, 06:53 PM
If you're trying to summon hedge, you're being too obvious about it.

Vieux Normand
3rd January 11, 07:45 PM

There's a "too-obvious" setting for either hedge or auntie-fa?

Shotgun Christening
4th January 11, 06:10 AM

Why would I want to summon HH? I already know what he is going to say.

FickleFingerOfFate
4th January 11, 07:18 AM
Blaaargh!
U R a HOMO- phobe!
U B RACIST!
I R KEWL kuz I called U on it!

Pay atenshun 2 mee!

Shotgun Christening
4th January 11, 05:43 PM
Blaaargh!
U R a HOMO- phobe!
U B RACIST!
I R KEWL kuz I called U on it!

Pay atenshun 2 mee!

HH has hacked FFFs account.

FickleFingerOfFate
4th January 11, 05:58 PM
HH has hacked FFFs account.

You caught me.

I figured that people might take me seriously, if I impersonated a full size, reasonably well fed adult.

With a job.

Shotgun Christening
5th January 11, 06:38 AM
You caught me.

I figured that people might take me seriously, if I impersonated a full size, reasonably well fed adult.

With a job.

No, we can see right through your ruse.

FickleFingerOfFate
5th January 11, 07:07 AM
No, we can see right through your ruse.

We'll see how smug you are when the great anarchy comes, and all of your size, and strength, and skills, and experience mean nothing!

I make abstract jewelry, and everyone will be lined up at the door hole in my grass hut to trade fairly for my wares. Because in an anarchic system, social Darwinism won't be able to overcome my profuse internet rhetoric, and my belief that, while equal, I am better than you.

Eat a Dick, but I mean that in a non homophobic way.

Shotgun Christening
5th January 11, 02:03 PM
We'll see how smug you are when the great anarchy comes, and all of your size, and strength, and skills, and experience mean nothing!

I make abstract jewelry, and everyone will be lined up at the door hole in my grass hut to trade fairly for my wares. Because in an anarchic system, social Darwinism won't be able to overcome my profuse internet rhetoric, and my belief that, while equal, I am better than you.

Eat a Dick, but I mean that in a non homophobic way.

Yeah but you wont be able to use the internet since there will be no electricity. Electricity is ruining our emvorinment and costs money to maintain the power lines and generator stations.

Japuma
18th January 11, 11:18 PM
Does anyone here know the way to the farmer market?

Shotgun Christening
21st January 11, 07:30 AM

Turn left at the organic sunflower field, and then take the goat path through the woods and its just behind the public toilet holes.

Toby Christensen
13th February 11, 02:24 AM

Ask Shotgun Christening. He grows the odd vegetable in between incest and "conservatism".

*waits for Shotgun to make "conservative" comment about "vegetables lololololol/

Toby Christensen
13th February 11, 02:26 AM
We need It Is Fake. Biggest bigot on Bullshido.

FickleFingerOfFate
13th February 11, 10:01 AM
Weak Troll is Weak.

Toby Christensen
13th February 11, 09:06 PM
WOW did I ever drink too much coffee yesterday.

So, what powers everybody else? Apart from self importance.

Ajamil
13th February 11, 09:11 PM
So, what powers everybody else? ATP

FickleFingerOfFate
13th February 11, 09:15 PM
Metabolism of glucose.

nihilist
14th February 11, 01:02 AM
Power of Satan.

Harpy
14th February 11, 03:14 AM
^ I called it some time ago.

There are a number of you who could have fathered Hedgey on this forum.

Feryk
14th February 11, 05:24 PM
But only one has....