PDA

View Full Version : Time Travelling Posts

resolve
30th November 10, 04:20 AM
Sometimes hitting 'Reply' or 'Reply with Quote' buttons to someone's post mid-thread it will simply reply to the post by sticking a post underneath of that post.

So, case in point:

Snake
Icy
Snake
Resolve
Snake

Lebell comes into thread... sees my post but perhaps hits 'Reply' button under Snake's post. This will make the thread order go:

Snake
Icy
Snake
Lebell
Resolve
Snake

with Lebell showing as the 'Last Post' in the forum view. Then I reply to Lebell's post. This makes it go:

Snake
Icy
Snake
Lebell
Resolve's reply to Lebell
Resolve
Snake

in the thread order.

:-/.

Nasreal
5th December 10, 05:31 PM
Yeah this shit is happening to me too.

WarPhalange
5th December 10, 06:27 PM
Same here.

bob
5th December 10, 06:29 PM
If you can't comprehend time in a non-linear fashion you are not worthy of the forum.

Steve
5th December 10, 07:50 PM
Consider these events as like when Neo saw the same black cat twice. Or something.

Spade: The Real Snake
6th December 10, 03:41 PM
It crams LULZ into the flux capacitor or else it gets the hose, again

Kiko
6th December 10, 04:03 PM

Neildo
6th December 10, 05:16 PM
the fucking matrix is collapsing someone call the architect

Ajamil
6th December 10, 06:34 PM
I think hitting the reply button is putting the post literally under the post you are quoting, but I'm sigging bob's line anyway.

partyboy
6th December 10, 06:38 PM
Sometimes hitting 'Reply' or 'Reply with Quote' buttons to someone's post mid-thread it will simply reply to the post by sticking a post underneath of that post.

So, case in point:

Snake
Icy
Snake
Resolve
Snake

Lebell comes into thread... sees my post but perhaps hits 'Reply' button under Snake's post. This will make the thread order go:

Snake
Icy
Snake
Lebell
Resolve
Snake

with Lebell showing as the 'Last Post' in the forum view. Then I reply to Lebell's post. This makes it go:

Snake
Icy
Snake
Lebell
Resolve's reply to Lebell
Resolve
Snake

in the thread order.

:-/.

I think hitting the reply button is putting the post literally under the post you are quoting, but I'm sigging bob's line anyway.

MULTI-QUOTE TEST

edit: worked just fine

Ajamil
6th December 10, 06:50 PM
There are also evidence of me being wrong where a reply post is nowhere near the replied to post.

resolve
7th December 10, 01:20 PM
Yeah I've been noticing that as well.

Sometimes the forum just shoots the posts up 2 or 3 posts from the last post in the thread for no reason.

NoBowie
7th December 10, 02:30 PM
Sometimes when I hit the reply button I crave pickles.