PDA

View Full Version : Dealership: Buy Truck, Get Free AK-47

Kiko
26th November 10, 09:19 AM
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/25767498/detail.html

Sanford Dealership Offers Assault Rifle With PurchaseUPDATED: 2:26 pm EST November 15, 2010

SANFORD, Fla -- A Sanford truck dealership is running a special promotion, offering a free AK-47 with the purchase of a used truck.

Nations Trucks, located at 3700 S. Orlando Drive in Sanford, kicked off the promotion on Veterans Day.General sales manager Nick Ginetta said the promotion will run until the end of the month. He said anyone who purchases a truck will receive a $400 voucher to a local gun store. He said customers will have to go through the application process and qualify under state and federal laws. Ginetta said any buyers who don't want a gun will be given cash.

Ginetta said he knows the promotion is controversial, but he believes it will bring in business -- and he said it's already working. At the close of business Thursday, he said the dealership had 47 appointments scheduled for Friday. Normally, he said there are only three.Ginetta said he also believes it's a perfect Veterans Day promotion."We started on Veterans Day, saying, 'Hey, so many have given so much for this right,'" Ginetta said.Phillip Adams, a veteran, said the promotion is a bad idea."An AK-47 is a very dangerous weapon," Adams said.He said he'd rather they give customers a free flag with a pole to put up in their yard."That would be a lot more supportive for our country and our veterans," Adams said.Ginetta said they are thinking about extending the promotion to the end of the year.
Copyright 2010 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and ClickOrlando.com ([email protected].com). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Got a few more days....

Ajamil
26th November 10, 02:01 PM
Promoional stunt? People in AZ and rural PA get upset when they aren't offered a rifle with their new truck.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
26th November 10, 02:20 PM
        .人
       .(__)
 /⌒ゝ,,, (__)    I LOVE VIOLENCE!          ∧_∧
/ヽ人   `( __ )               ,  ・ ..∴.'  <ヽ`Д> AIGOH!
i .i  γ ヽ -∀-)ヽ,  _,       _ _ _,, __  .∴と    つ
ヽ勿  (,__\ (   )i~""―""-――= ̄" ,,"" """`:     /  , /
       ヽ,,γ  / __,,,     __ _   ー=_ ソ ・,(_ノ(_ノ
       ヽノ  ノ\/  "ー ̄- _ =二__",,     ∴.'  
       /\/\  ヽ,                    
       ノ ノ,__,ノゝ~         
      j  i                 
     巛i~

Kein Haar
26th November 10, 05:50 PM
There is definately a certain charm about not having to really clean or take care of AKs if you don't want to.

Cullion
26th November 10, 06:19 PM
Nid, what are the disadvantages of an AK47 (if any) ?

Neildo
26th November 10, 07:05 PM
weighs a ton, kicks like an angry mule.

i think this is a not very well concealed plan to catch terrorists. the first guy to request a toyota pickup gets questioned by homeland security.

Fairy XXXmas
26th November 10, 07:22 PM
They're handing out vouchers rather than actual firearms, so they probably wouldn't get questioned until after they leave the local gun shop.

Fine print and all that.

Japuma
26th November 10, 08:05 PM
weighs a ton, kicks like an angry mule.

i think this is a not very well concealed plan to catch terrorists. the first guy to request a toyota pickup gets questioned by homeland security.

The AK-47 only weighs a half pound more then the standard m-16 (unloaded).

Neildo
26th November 10, 09:58 PM
i fired one when i was a kid. it was a lot heavier than my uncles m16. recoil put me on my ass too, m16 was like a pellet gun in comparison.

edit: also, lulz at half a pound when most guns weight are measured in ounces. i know that's only 8 ounces, but 8 ounces of a lot of things is a lot. 8 ounces of saffron, 8 ounces of gold, 8 ounces of weed, these are large amounts.

Robstafarian
27th November 10, 07:12 PM
A business man in a vehemently right wing state takes advantage of two right wing memes ("RKBA" and "support our troops") to make money...what a fucking shock.

I am a left winger who's far from opposed to those two concepts, but the way they're used as memes to exploit people makes me sick.

Cassius
29th November 10, 08:42 PM
I wish my car had come with a free gun. Srsly.

Cullion:

AK-47s have harder recoil than an M4/M16. They are not quite as accurate as M4s, but are still quite accurate if you bother to aim them. Advanced optics and aiming systems are somewhat less prevalent, and a bit harder to mount. The safety is kind of a pain, especially if you're left handed.

Advantages: Ammunition is cheaper. The tradeoff for the AK-47 not being inherently a precision fire weapon is that it is extremely durable, and does not require a lot of maintenance. In addition, AK-47 rounds have more stopping power than an M4 chambered in 5.56.

Kein Haar
29th November 10, 08:46 PM
Well, the standard AK round is better for penetrating and killing.

The .223 is better for "stopping" as in: "A superficial grapefruit sized chunk of my thigh just assploded into vapor. I better sit down now."

To an adult, the difference in recoil is minor.

Cassius
30th November 10, 07:01 PM
An AK does not have a ton more recoil than an M4, but it is certainly perceivable.

And speaking from experience, wounds to the extremities from ball 7.62 x 39 are always a lot nastier than regular 5.56 x 45 ball. That said, the hollowpoint 5.56 we carried overseas definitely caused a lot more damage than either.

Kein Haar
30th November 10, 07:57 PM
Not sure if you can answer from experience here....

It looks like, at close range, the ball .223 shouldn't be all that different from a hollowpoint .223. The ball still seems to disentegrate violently upon hitting a watery substance i.e. meat.

At farther ranges, it would seem the hollowpoint would take up the slack where a ball round with diminished velocity would simply penetrate meat and not assplode as usual.

Cassius
30th November 10, 09:28 PM
I can to some degree. It's actually somewhat the opposite of what you suggested, at least in my experience. The nice thing about 5.56 ball is that after about 50m-100m depending on altitude, if it hits you, it likes to tumble, leaving nice big wound channels. I have seen some nasty fucking wounds from regular ol 55 grain 5.56 ball fired from a ways off. Hollowpoints, or "boat tail rounds," depending on what you've got, were actually introduced to combat the close range complaints about 5.56 (mostly overpenetration with relatively little damage). They are heavier (usually around 75-77 grain), and seem to fly a bit flatter. They don't seem to tumble quite as much, but their terminal ballistics are more predictable. Instead of tumbling all over the place like the lighter 5.56 rounds, they mushroom out fairly consistently, from right up close to a couple hundred meters out. FWIW, I have seen the backs of multiple insurgents heads blown completely off from 5.56 hollowpoints up close and at long range.

My personal opinion is that 5.56 in any weight 55 or above is a manstopper, but others might disagree. In all the missions I've gone on, no one has complained about 55 ball not killing people, but I certainly do hear that a lot.

Madgrenade
7th December 10, 03:37 PM
Its really a shame that you only get a voucher and you can't drive off the forecourt with the windowss down, stereo blaring and fresh AK barrel poking out the window. That would be an offer you can't refuse.