PDA

View Full Version : I DON'T GET IT

Pages : [1] 2

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd November 10, 09:37 AM
In this thread I will answer any and all questions about clothing and the fashion industry to the best of my ability. Why is it so gay looking? What makes x so special? Ask away.

Adouglasmhor
22nd November 10, 01:57 PM
Why is the standard drop from Chest to waist size in suits 6 inches? is that really the average?

WarPhalange
22nd November 10, 02:06 PM
Why don't shoe companies get their shit together and have one sizing standard? I don't even mean UK/US/Europe being merged to one, but a size 9 for company X should be a size 9 for company Y as well.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd November 10, 02:56 PM
Why is the standard drop from Chest to waist size in suits 6 inches? is that really the average?

It used to be, but with growing rates of obesity and hyper fitness nonstandard drops are becoming very common.

Why don't shoe companies get their shit together and have one sizing standard? I don't even mean UK/US/Europe being merged to one, but a size 9 for company X should be a size 9 for company Y as well.

Companies that don't vanity size actually tend to be pretty close to a standard. The same with dress shoes and many boots, for the most part. It's low level companies and sneaker brands that are all over the place.

Harpy
22nd November 10, 03:00 PM
What kind of stretchy clothing fit the fuller figured female?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd November 10, 03:02 PM
Nothing. Lose weight.

Spade: The Real Snake
22nd November 10, 03:08 PM
What would be the best retro-vintage band tour shirt to buy.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd November 10, 03:09 PM
The more obscure the band the more your street cred will be. You got a Zep shirt? Who doesn't. You got a Brainticket shirt? Fuck yeah.

22nd November 10, 03:14 PM
So am I cool when I wear my Tesla or Stray Cats or LA Guns shirt.

cuz I actually bought them at the concert.....

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd November 10, 03:15 PM
If you like a band then that means it has fans and is too mainstream.

22nd November 10, 03:19 PM
Me specifically or you in the generalized term.

Adouglasmhor
22nd November 10, 03:45 PM
So am I cool when I wear my Tesla or Stray Cats or LA Guns shirt.

cuz I actually bought them at the concert.....

No because any cool is negated by the suckage of said bands.

22nd November 10, 03:48 PM
Stray Cats don't suck.

Shotgun Christening
22nd November 10, 03:50 PM

LOL, you have a tiny penis.

Shotgun Christening
22nd November 10, 03:52 PM
Companies that don't vanity size actually tend to be pretty close to a standard. The same with dress shoes and many boots, for the most part. It's low level companies and sneaker brands that are all over the place.

Whats vanity size? So you can say you wear a 13 when you really wear a 9 like poops?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd November 10, 03:54 PM
Yep.
Sizing can be weird. Sometimes you have things like dropped shoulders and relaxed waistbands that are not technically vanity sizing. Other times you just have Ms that are mislabeled Ls.

Adouglasmhor
22nd November 10, 03:58 PM
Stray Cats don't suck.

Yes they did. I am old enough to remember how much they sucked.

22nd November 10, 04:00 PM
respect the three man band

Adouglasmhor
22nd November 10, 04:01 PM
That would be a role taken by Thin Lizzy and Motorhead.

22nd November 10, 04:02 PM
Brian Setzer.
nuff said

Shotgun Christening
22nd November 10, 04:02 PM
Brian Setzer.
nuff said

Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Adouglasmhor
22nd November 10, 04:06 PM
Brian Setzer.
nuff said

Yeah that's enough. Suckage plus weak bandwagon jumpers.

22nd November 10, 04:10 PM
WTF are the Squirrel Nut Zippers?

And I guess you would consider Robert Plant to be a weak bandwagon jumper as well?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd November 10, 04:12 PM
I consider Robert Plant a horrendous douchebag.

22nd November 10, 04:13 PM
Be that as it may in the mid 80s (before he became douche) he recruited Setzer for the Honeydrippers.
Knife Feels Like Justice = winsauce

Adouglasmhor
22nd November 10, 04:17 PM

And I guess you would consider Robert Plant to be a weak bandwagon jumper as well?

No but he doesn't suck as much as Stray Cats.

Darts and Matchbox were better, King Kurt and Meteorz were miles better.

22nd November 10, 04:18 PM
Thread derail!

MJS how hip am I when I wear my Rowdy Roddy Piper "HOT ROD" shirt?

Adouglasmhor
22nd November 10, 04:43 PM
Yeah he is cool for pretending to be Scottish.

Shotgun Christening
22nd November 10, 04:55 PM

zbS-1m9H1RY

22nd November 10, 04:57 PM
But he's a REAL Judo Blackbelt so it negates your claims of Caledonian envy.

EDIT
and WTF was that abortion, Odlie? Jebuz

nihilist
22nd November 10, 05:12 PM
Is there any company that makes shoes that have a holster or strap on one side?

I am getting tired of having to stuff my dick into my right sock.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
22nd November 10, 05:18 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vcw5sADtPto/S3Xy-z6KqoI/AAAAAAAAFkc/XOrlQ09VZIA/s320/hermes.jpg

22nd November 10, 05:18 PM
I hang left so I can't help you

nihilist
22nd November 10, 07:31 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vcw5sADtPto/S3Xy-z6KqoI/AAAAAAAAFkc/XOrlQ09VZIA/s320/hermes.jpg

That's no good.

When I get a shoeshine it would get all sticky.

SoulMechanic
22nd November 10, 08:02 PM
Is it a proven fact yet that a drastic drop in T cells causes one to be delusional to the point that they think their clothes look hip and cool, or is that symptom just one more nasty side effect of the meth?

nihilist
22nd November 10, 08:45 PM
It's more of a case of one's brains being fucked out.

bob
22nd November 10, 09:08 PM
I would like to ultimately be able to pare my wardrobe down to one shirt, one pair of shoes, one pair of short pants and one pair of long pants. Above items should be suitable for any (non-work) occasion. Any suggestions?

nihilist
22nd November 10, 09:11 PM
Get convicted of a felony and sent to prison.

bob
22nd November 10, 09:12 PM
But then they'd confiscate my belt and shoelaces.

Robot Jesus
22nd November 10, 10:13 PM
why doesn't anyone produce an actual vault suit

nihilist
22nd November 10, 10:55 PM
Are you afraid someone might snatch your jewels?

Robot Jesus
22nd November 10, 11:01 PM
I just need the bonus to energy weapons, my laser shipped the other day.

nihilist
22nd November 10, 11:04 PM
You could trap methane in the suit and use that to power your laser.

Ajamil
23rd November 10, 01:47 PM
Why don't they have proper sizing for cat clothes?

Adouglasmhor
23rd November 10, 04:13 PM
But he's a REAL Judo Blackbelt so it negates your claims of Caledonian envy.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/pensioner-is-youngest-person-to-be-awarded-10th-dan-in-judo-1.1004469
Maybe he wants to be this Scotsman. either way he still pretended a Glaswegian backstory for his family.

SoulMechanic
23rd November 10, 04:48 PM
Are you trying to tell me that the wrastlin aint real [email protected]!!?

23rd November 10, 06:47 PM
I take Tooms over him, seven days of seven

partyboy
24th November 10, 10:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LLgIT.jpg

why???

24th November 10, 10:46 AM
It is a hipster chastity belt

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th November 10, 10:55 AM
Because it's visually striking. It's tasteless, but teenagers don't care about that shit. I wouldn't call it fashion.

partyboy
24th November 10, 11:24 AM
I'll pay you (MJS) $20 if you got those and then tried going through TSA wearing them

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th November 10, 11:40 AM
$20 does not cover the cost of the pants and does not begin to cover the cost to my dignity.

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
24th November 10, 01:12 PM
That would be a role taken by Thin Lizzy and Motorhead.

Thin Lizzy were shit.

partyboy
24th November 10, 01:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/c55sJ.jpg

WHY???

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th November 10, 02:10 PM
Because they have a brand cachet and that costs money, but also because they use very exclusive (expensive) silks and wools and talented first world labor.

partyboy
24th November 10, 02:30 PM
Because they have a brand cachet and that costs money, but also because they use very exclusive (expensive) silks and wools and talented first world labor.

http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Scarf-Shawl-Vibrant-Colors/dp/B0032N1VZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290627017&sr=8-1

$13, bam.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th November 10, 02:32 PM
Amazing, you found a hideous piece of third world shit for hideous piece of third world shit prices.

partyboy
24th November 10, 03:30 PM
Amazing, you found a hideous piece of third world shit for hideous piece of third world shit prices.

and jeebus-bless their pretty little piece of third world shit heads

Adouglasmhor
24th November 10, 06:07 PM
Thin Lizzy were shit.
I think we have now established your opinion on music is pretty much irrelevant.

bob
25th November 10, 04:49 AM

Yes, you're quite right.
This one (http://www.polyvore.com/louis_vuitton_lurex_monogram_shawl/thing?id=2251553), for instance is made from only the finest lurex and is a steal for only $550. The kind of lurex you can't get in the third world.

Cullion
25th November 10, 05:36 AM
WHY???

It's a luxury for these people. Why do people buy expensive cars when a compact would do ? Why waste all that money on a wife or girlfriend when you could have a mid-range hooker twice a week ?

25th November 10, 07:54 AM
I think we have now established your opinion on music is pretty much irrelevant.

So were The Scorpions....

Tonuzaba
25th November 10, 10:15 AM
If Sigue Sigue Sputnik were to reunite and do a tour today, would they dress the same?
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/380112/Sigue+Sigue+Sputnik.jpg

25th November 10, 12:25 PM
I dont think Martin Degville has stopped dressing like that

Adouglasmhor
25th November 10, 12:43 PM
So were The Scorpions....

I know but they did give a start to Michael Schenker.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
25th November 10, 08:19 PM
Yes, you're quite right.
This one (http://www.polyvore.com/louis_vuitton_lurex_monogram_shawl/thing?id=2251553), for instance is made from only the finest lurex and is a steal for only $550. The kind of lurex you can't get in the third world.

LV is a triumph of marketing. Real LV doesn't go on clearance, it sells out every single season.

AAAhmed46
25th November 10, 09:00 PM
I don't understand the purpose of fashion other than maybe the skill of a designer making clothes that take attention away from that birthmark on your face or make your ass look nice.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
25th November 10, 09:52 PM
Have you ever watched a show front to back?

SoulMechanic
26th November 10, 01:28 AM
Or to show off that birthmark you have on your ass.

Adouglasmhor
26th November 10, 01:33 AM
Or to show off that birthmark you have on your ass.

Are you sure? It looks more like a skidmark to me.

SoulMechanic
26th November 10, 05:04 AM
In that case Dougy I suggest bathing more and kicking in the extra cash for the two ply toilet paper.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
26th November 10, 05:18 AM
(☞•∀•)☞

26th November 10, 09:39 AM
I know but they did give a start to Michael Schenker.

OMG! I fear burning your record collect may be a waste of accelerant.

Adouglasmhor
26th November 10, 12:25 PM
The stuff he did with UFO changed rock, hugely influential band.

27th November 10, 09:31 AM
The Stooges....yep can see that.

Black Sabbath.....yep can see that.

Led Zeppelin....yep can see that.

The Rolling Stones...yep can see that.

Metallica....Yep can see that.

Motorhead....yep can see that

Errr UFO....who?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th November 10, 09:39 AM
Zep? Metallica? Get this shit out of my thread.

27th November 10, 10:28 AM
No agree, I dont like either but I can see how they influenced other rock monsters.

nihilist
27th November 10, 01:42 PM
Zep? Metallica? Get this shit out of my thread.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6349/ledzeppelinrockgrouppar.jpg

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9779/metallicaband03.jpg

Try not to focus too much on the clothes, fa66ot.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th November 10, 01:50 PM
but the clothes are all so terrible.

Tonuzaba
27th November 10, 01:54 PM
but the clothes are all so terrible.

http://johnnyshotton.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/jimi-hendrix-wallpaper-4.jpg

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th November 10, 02:01 PM
Your file is having trouble loading.
Jimi Hendrix dressed terribly at times, and at other times he's a great example of personal style. Only he, specifically, could dress like that.

Adouglasmhor
27th November 10, 05:40 PM
The Stooges....yep can see that.

Black Sabbath.....yep can see that.

Led Zeppelin....yep can see that.

The Rolling Stones...yep can see that.

Metallica....Yep can see that.

Motorhead....yep can see that

Errr UFO....who?

Well the title of this thread really applies to you.

Popular ¬ Influential.

Adouglasmhor
28th November 10, 06:02 AM
In particular there is a pretty seamless transition from the stuff Page and Plant did in the New Yardbirds and the Yardbirds, even keeping songs from the Yardbirds days as staples of the Zep repertoire as they became the masters of the heavy blues sound. Black Sabbath while very popular were hardly groundbreaking fitting into a niche along with Deep Purple as the popular side of heavy rock.

UFO while not massively popular were certainly very influential on the transition between the old hard rock scene and heavy metal and the NWOBHM and American Power Metal of later years they were also an acknowledged influence on some of the more working class London punks in the early punk scene, UK subs in particular have always namechecked them and done the odd UFO cover.

Also first metal band to not wear flares.

Robot Jesus
28th November 10, 03:44 PM
I have three pairs of levis 501's and they all fit differently, why?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th November 10, 03:53 PM
STF vs. pre-washed
also the fit was just recently changed. 501 changes every decade or so to reflect the fashions of the time

jvjim
28th November 10, 06:50 PM
How should I coiffure my pubic hair?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th November 10, 08:12 PM
hey this is a seriously thread

SoulMechanic
28th November 10, 09:02 PM
Ok serious question time. Sama, you have seen pics of me and know my personality. Why is it that the gays are so very attracted to me. I know I aint the best looking cat in the world but damn man, every time I go out downtown or to a hipster bar I get hit on all the fucking time. I dont dress in a homosexual fashion, never initiate the conversation with them or any of that shit. What gives?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th November 10, 09:05 PM
Gay face.

SoulMechanic
28th November 10, 09:12 PM
I have a gay looking face? I am being serious, cause I sent you a few photos before. So its like really in the face? I have a crooked nose from being broken a couple times and scar under my right jaw line and a lil scar on the bridge of my nose from a nasty headbutt. In my opinion that would be something that would make the gays think of me as some sort of beat up woman abusing asshole or something. Can you elaborate for a homie please?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th November 10, 09:17 PM
you give off closet homo vibes

jvjim
28th November 10, 11:58 PM
I ask because the last time I just shaved the fuck out of it and that ended badly. I mean, I didn't shave my penis or testicles off, but, WOW, let me tell you about razor burn. Seriously, let me tell you, it will help me get to sleep.

Japuma
29th November 10, 12:41 AM
I ask because the last time I just shaved the fuck out of it and that ended badly. I mean, I didn't shave my penis or testicles off, but, WOW, let me tell you about razor burn. Seriously, let me tell you, it will help me get to sleep.

Coochy Cream (http://www.amazon.com/Coochy-Original-Rash-Free-Shaving-Cream-Original/dp/B000JUZI5S/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1291009188&sr=1-1), because razor burn fucking sucks.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 01:30 AM
Is there any way to wear a pistol fashionably? Any finishes or models to use or avoid?

Neildo
29th November 10, 02:33 AM
blued steel always looks rad.

Nasreal
29th November 10, 03:02 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/fyimo/Norinco1911Custom.jpg

And this:
http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=38&productid=88

Neildo
29th November 10, 03:04 AM
should the slide and grip match, or should you match your grip with your holster?

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 04:51 AM
blued steel always looks rad.
If you go that route, there's one firm guideline: The deeper the blue, the better.

However, blue finish rusts more easily than others, and once it starts to go it looks AWFUL. This might be considered a plus, if we consider the Veblenist critique (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuous_consumption#History_and_evolution_of_t he_term) of class to apply to fashion; the harder something is to maintain, the more class it conveys. If we further buy into Paul Fussell's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Fussell) principle of antiquarian influence on the upper classes, the blued finish looks even better; it predates the technologically gauche look of stainless steel.

However, there are several problems with this analysis. Pistols do not appeal to the upper class, as they are not used in waterfowl hunting; the Perazzi double-barreled shotgun is the signature arm of this class. If a member of the upper class is to be defended at all, it is generally by a proletarian armed guard, whose only fashion requisites are a muscular body, a dark suit, a white shirt, and sunglasses.

Furthermore, armament is like cleavage; to display it is in poor taste, and to display its lack is poor judgment. No pistol should be obviously visible, but the hint, the suggestion of a concealed piece may confer upon the wearer a certain authority and a dash of masculine mystery. Paradoxically, only the thinnest among us can carry a large pistol inconspicuously, and then only by appearing a bit fatter, which impairs one's class status and one's fashionability. A small, slender model is best, conforming closely to the contour of the hip and minimally disrupting the line of one's outfit.

What pistol, then, is best? A small, slender, antique, blued pistol of smooth design fits all of these criteria. One choice stands out in my mind: The Remington Model 51 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_51) in .380 caliber.

Its design has the clean lines of Eames furniture and art deco, although it predates either. Its relative obscurity, popularity in Europe (and unpopularity in America), and later acclaim as a design ahead of its time all contribute to its acceptability. Best of all, it is small and concealable.

For maximum fashion impact, it is better never to draw the gun or show it off in public. If someone asks if you are armed, smile politely and decline to respond. In intimate situations, just doff the pistol casually along with the pants; if your partner asks you about it, say something vague about the uncertainties of life and drop the subject. Do NOT wax eloquent about the gun's history, design, or purpose; this is low, and will suggest that you are some sort of nut. And no, neither of you may play with it, during intimacy or after.

What think, MJS?

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 05:06 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/fyimo/Norinco1911Custom.jpg
Oh, come now. A pinto finish? This isn't "I Love 1986"; leave your shoulder pads and giant glasses frames at home, please. I would suggest burning your crappy leisure suits as well, but they are probably made of polyester and won't ignite.

And this:
http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=38&productid=88Mmmm, I'll score that a 60%. On the one hand, it's large, blocky, and stainless. On the other, the wood grips are an antiquarian improvement on the Remington Model 51's sadly tacky black plastic, the Swiss/German lineage adds fashion appeal, and its lines are appealing.

My counter-suggestion would be a SIG Model P210:

Older design, blued finish, slimmer lines, and a cleaner profile make this the more fashionable of the two pistols. It is still a bit large for concealment, but with a good tailor and a bit of forethought, it can be done.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 05:09 AM
should the slide and grip match, or should you match your grip with your holster?
The slide should match the frame in a quiet, dignified color, polished but not cheaply shiny. Think of an Episcopalian's shoes and you'll get the idea. The grip should be made out of wood. The holster should not show at all; I recommend a thin Kydex model to keep the silhouette small.

Harpy
29th November 10, 05:11 AM
MJS - I need suggestions for a week at a resort over the summer. I'm going with my sister who is skinny and ultra fashionable. Halp!

bob
29th November 10, 05:18 AM
You're married and your husband won't be there. Burqa.

Harpy
29th November 10, 05:22 AM
I was thinking inflatable clothing.

WTH kind of footwear do I wear poolside?

Cullion
29th November 10, 06:37 AM
MJS - I need suggestions for a week at a resort over the summer. I'm going with my sister who is skinny and ultra fashionable. Halp!

If we had a picture of your sister it would help us advise you.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th November 10, 11:10 AM
What think, MJS?

Standard rules apply. Sleek with a high design quotient and the more natural materials the better. I think the blue finish is more interesting because it's unusual and because the color has more depth.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th November 10, 11:11 AM

Lose weight.
Past couple of seasons have had a nautical bent.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 02:33 PM
Standard rules apply. Sleek with a high design quotient and the more natural materials the better. I think the blue finish is more interesting because it's unusual and because the color has more depth.I agree. Soft chrome finishes are bright, too bright really. They look cheap. Hard chrome finish looks too industrial. Nickel plating calls to mind the sidearms of Latin American dictators and other déclassé types. Of the matte horror that is parkerization we shall not speak further.

Natural grip materials are excellent, but do not use mother-of-pearl; it is low. Ivory has gone out of fashion, but has some old school appeal, especially on a revolver. (If a person would be offended by the use of ivory, the odds are that the pistol will offend them too. Also, you're not supposed to flash your gun.) Exotic hardwoods are nice, but avoid gaudy options like purple heartwood. Wenge, rosewood, and other simple brown and orange woods will do.

Engravings, gold plating, and the like are simply not the done thing.

Japuma
29th November 10, 02:41 PM
http://www.gunbuyingclub.com/images/LandingPages/MRDE50TGTSFC_1.jpg

So what Ed Hardy shirt should I wear with this gun? Hearts or Dragons?

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 02:42 PM
May I suggest a tall and pointy cap?

Japuma
29th November 10, 02:46 PM
May I suggest a tall and pointy cap?

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Illuminati/pope-dagon_hat.jpg

I dun think my gat does wit da pope! HOLLA!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th November 10, 02:48 PM
but do not use mother-of-pearl; it is low.

Bitches don't know 'bout my mother of pearl buttons.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 02:49 PM
Bitches don't know 'bout my mother of pearl buttons.
Buttons are one matter; grips are another. Mother-of-pearl grips suggest a pimp's gun.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th November 10, 02:56 PM
How about horn? I've always liked that material.

Japuma
29th November 10, 03:00 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31XzKttgkWL.jpg

My new "office" boots... I know... they are awesome. No questions.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th November 10, 03:05 PM
Such a pedestrian silhouette.

Japuma
29th November 10, 03:06 PM
They are unholy comfortable

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th November 10, 03:07 PM
Good looking boots are comfortable too.

Japuma
29th November 10, 03:12 PM
YOU NEVER GET ME!!!!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th November 10, 03:22 PM
Exotic hardwoods are nice, but avoid gaudy options like purple heartwood.

A deep, dark purple would be cool with blue steel, but it doesn't seem like purple woods ever actually come in this shade.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2561/purpledarkroughsurface.jpg

Maybe with enough staining or treatment you could coax a more subdued shade like the one above.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 04:23 PM
How about horn? I've always liked that material.
What do you think ivory is made from? Just curious.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 04:24 PM
A deep, dark purple would be cool with blue steel, but it doesn't seem like purple woods ever actually come in this shade.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2561/purpledarkroughsurface.jpg

Maybe with enough staining or treatment you could coax a more subdued shade like the one above.
Purpleheart wood is not that far off:

However, I think it would not go well with blued steel. Perhaps an unpolished nickel?

29th November 10, 04:26 PM
Purpleheart wood is fucking beautiful and strong and durable...but is also heavy as shit

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 04:27 PM
It's a pair of grip scales. How heavy can it be?

29th November 10, 04:32 PM
It feels, easily, three to four times the weight of oak.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 04:34 PM
Adding perhaps a quarter of an ounce to the weight of the gun.

You do know that wood is only used for the scales, not the frame, right?

Or are you thinking of crossbows?

29th November 10, 04:38 PM
Most of the handgun grips I have held were fairly solid. Granted, the bulk of them were revolvers so I assumed an automatic would be roughly the same thickness

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 04:40 PM
Most of the handgun grips I have held were fairly solid. Granted, the bulk of them were revolvers so I assumed an automatic would be roughly the same thickness
For a 1911, not so much. They're just panels. Some semiautomatic pistols do have some depth to their grip; a few even retain important springs. However, the magazine in the grip is generally adequately hand-filling that bulky wood isn't needed. The Broomhandle Mauser is, of course, a conspicuous exception.

29th November 10, 04:43 PM
that is correct, I didn't factor in clip depth...again...revolver but a brushed nickle with purple heart sounds awesome.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 04:44 PM
For fashion purposes I can't agree. A revolver's cylinder is far too wide, ruining the line of the outfit. A slender semiauto is best.

29th November 10, 04:46 PM
sorry. I was thinking revolver.
I would agree with the semiauto being the gentleman's necessity for fashion forward sorts.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 04:50 PM
Well, perhaps a small revolver might work, but it'd have to be a diminutive five-shot .32 or the like. Such a gun is a bit too, ah, metrosexual for practical use.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th November 10, 04:58 PM
What do you think ivory is made from? Just curious.

Faerie dust. But I'm talking about other types of horn here.

However, I think it would not go well with blued steel. Perhaps an unpolished nickel?

I think purple and blue can be a good combination, but not that purple with that sort of blue. I think the purple I posted and the purple you posted are miles apart.

Adouglasmhor
29th November 10, 04:59 PM
Semi-auto with walnut grips, brushed nickel with dark burr or blued with light grain walnut. Purpleheart will stain your clothes it bleeds.

29th November 10, 05:03 PM
Semi-auto with walnut grips, brushed nickel with dark burr or blued with light grain walnut. Purpleheart will stain your clothes it bleeds.
I have a couple of things made from purpleheart and haven't had any problems with it bleeding. Granted, they don't come into constant contact with sweat, but no problems.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 05:05 PM
Faerie dust. But I'm talking about other types of horn here.
Ivory is by far the best, but I have heard of grip scales made from antlers and the like. As long as it doesn't look too ghetto, it should be fine.

I think purple and blue can be a good combination, but not that purple with that sort of blue. I think the purple I posted and the purple you posted are miles apart.
I think you're right...too much red in the purpleheart wood, not enough blue.

Adouglasmhor
29th November 10, 05:09 PM
I have a couple of things made from purpleheart and haven't had any problems with it bleeding. Granted, they don't come into constant contact with sweat, but no problems.

Sweat or anything oily (but strangely not tung or danish oil?). did you have them in contact with your clothing, it's especially when it rubs, it will stain other woods too sometime because of the oil content. Heartwood is worse then sapwood. It's not tons but it is hard to get out. Purpleheart is a great wood for ornamental stuff though and is pretty strong too.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 05:12 PM
Then apply a coat of polyurethane.

29th November 10, 05:13 PM
several ornamental and semi-functional boxes, such as keepsake or jewelry boxes. Not often in contact with clothes, mostly by hand with no transference.

Adouglasmhor
29th November 10, 05:17 PM
That is probably what it is ideal for. I just don't think it is great for something like grips. Or a fucking boken which I did meet a twat with once.

29th November 10, 05:26 PM
I know someone whom had a purple heart walking stick, so I'll see if I can get his opinion

Adouglasmhor
29th November 10, 05:39 PM
Ask him if it was sealed in some way? There must be a way round it.

29th November 10, 06:14 PM
like Chuck said, copious quantities of clearcoating.

SoulMechanic
29th November 10, 06:53 PM
Is there any way to wear a pistol fashionably? Any finishes or models to use or avoid?
When it comes to guns function outweighs fashion every time. Who gives a flying fuck just as long as it does its job. http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t314/Mr_Spiffy/Firearms/Springfield%20XDm%209mm/DSCF6195.jpg

For fucks sake, do any of you realy wanna be that guy?
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/Arizona_Bound/orig.jpg
FUCKING REALLY?
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/Grower33/sigsauerp238.png

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 06:54 PM
When it comes to guns function outweighs fashion every time. Who gives a flying fuck just as long as it does its job.
That's what makes the question funny.

Nasreal
29th November 10, 08:29 PM

This, obviously this:
http://www.firearmsprostore.com/images/products/detail/WaltherP22PinkDigi.jpg
It says, I will kill you, but am aware of breast cancer.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th November 10, 08:46 PM
When it comes to guns function outweighs fashion every time. Who gives a flying fuck just as long as it does its job.

Who says form and function cannot coexist in a single piece? If you really can't see why aesthetics are important in firearms, just picture James Bond with a glock.

The rest of your post is non-sequitur. We already specifically denounced that stupid bullshit.

Ajamil
29th November 10, 08:50 PM
I wasn't going to mention anything cuz I lack fashion sense like Bruce Willis lacks hair, but what's wrong with a PP7? Looked just fine on Bond, and he was in tip top fashion, neh?

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 08:57 PM
A PPK is very well. It is small, European, and decent enough in its way. I maintain, however, that the Remington 51's lines are superior.

If you must have a gun of modern manufacture, consider the SIG-Sauer P232 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_Sauer_P232). Its smooth, snag-free outline makes it both tasteful and quick to draw. The wood grips are a must on this model, however. Not only does fashion dictate this, but the grips themselves retain two very important springs, and the plastic version is prone to break when struck. You will be deep in the shit if you neglect this detail!

Japuma
29th November 10, 09:14 PM
Gotta go classic 1911 styling for casual wear.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 09:15 PM
Gotta go classic 1911 styling for casual wear.
Too big, too blocky, too heavy, and everyone has one.

SoulMechanic
29th November 10, 09:20 PM
Who says form and function cannot coexist in a single piece? If you really can't see why aesthetics are important in firearms, just picture James Bond with a glock.

The rest of your post is non-sequitur. We already specifically denounced that stupid bullshit.
James Bond would be no less of a badass pimp if he was to have been weilding a glock. A gun is a tool first and foremost. If it is at the same time aesthetically pleasing then, well I guess that is cool too. You do not buy fire arms because they look cool. Well you really shouldnt. When purchasing a gun I do what I do when purchasing work boots. Comfort, durability, reliability and the fealing of consumer confidence my purchase will allow me to get the job done better then any other item on the market. I like to dress in what I think is cool, it makes me feel confident and comfortable. But this talk about guns lookin kickin rad with faggy flare and gaudy bullshit is fucking lame.

Syntactical Disruptorize
29th November 10, 09:23 PM
Actually, my whole point was that flare and gaudiness were not the done thing.

Neildo
30th November 10, 12:10 AM
funny james bond comes into this. i have been on a james bond kick lately. just watched live or let die the other day. thought roger moore looked totally badass wearing all black with a massive brown leather shoulder holster for his massive chrome revolver. slick.

Nasreal
30th November 10, 12:29 AM
funny james bond comes into this. i have been on a james bond kick lately. just watched live or let die the other day. thought roger moore looked totally badass wearing all black with a massive brown leather shoulder holster for his massive chrome revolver. slick.

Bond always looked better with the classic walther ppk, it just suits the character, it was easy to conceal, sleek, and very hand. Bond doesn't need a big flashy revolver, just a practical pistol for your everyday henchman dispatching needs.

http://www.newstalk.ie/wp-content/files/2009/12/roger-moore-james-bond-c10101933.jpg
See that? I mean fucking look at him, he's oozing style, class, and deadly intent. Someone is definitely gonna get dispatched in style.

nihilist
30th November 10, 01:10 AM
Bond always looked better with the classic walther ppk, it just suits the character, it was easy to conceal, sleek, and very hand. Bond doesn't need a big flashy revolver, just a practical pistol for your everyday henchman dispatching needs.

http://www.newstalk.ie/wp-content/files/2009/12/roger-moore-james-bond-c10101933.jpg
See that? I mean fucking look at him, he's oozing style, class, and deadly intent. Someone is definitely gonna get dispatched in style.

That's not James Bond.

Nasreal
30th November 10, 01:14 AM
The fuck it isn't!

Neildo
30th November 10, 01:15 AM
piece of shit walther jammed when he was shooting at jaws in for your eyes only. big chrome revolver shattered baron samedis head like a counterfeit ming vase. and i think the walther only has one more round than a revolver anyways. i'd go with big and reliable over tiny and dodgy any day of the week. bigger is always better. 32 or 45? 45. 4 banger or V8? V8. keira knightly or jennifer lopez? actually that's a bad analogy and i'm going to stop now.

Nasreal
30th November 10, 01:18 AM
I'd say that was a function of the plot and not really an indication on the reliability of the Walther itself. If it was truly such a shitty gun he would have switched to a different gun, unless he liked having his pistol constantly screwing him over.

Neildo
30th November 10, 01:26 AM
pretty sure the walther ppk is issued as standard equipment for mI6 agents in cubby broccoli world (not sure about IRL), which is weird because walther is a german company. i would think they'd equip their guys with something from royal ordnance or something british

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
30th November 10, 01:27 AM
keira knightly

her cabin boy outfit in pirates 2 almost turned me straight

Adouglasmhor
30th November 10, 01:32 AM
In Northern Ireland I carried one once. There is a slight safety problem with them but they are reliable as long as you keep them clean.
Moore was certainly bespoke tailoring Bond.
http://www.lotusespritturbo.com/James_Bond_Major_Anya_Amasova_Lotus.jpg
http://clothesonfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Live-and-Let-Die_Roger-Moore_Chesterfield-coat_taxi.bmp.jpg

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
30th November 10, 01:34 AM
Those shoulder pads are a little overdone.

Neildo
30th November 10, 01:37 AM
we need a mod to cull the last dozen posts and turn it into a james bond thread. sorry for the derail mjs

it was the late 70/early 80s. thats how shoulder pads were done. they're horrible.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
30th November 10, 01:37 AM
James Bond is always on topic.

Adouglasmhor
30th November 10, 01:45 AM

70s Italian cut suit for the English market. Restrained for the time but yeah, a big guy like him doesn't need them, could have carried of a more natural or a Neopolitan shoulder easily.

Robot Jesus
30th November 10, 01:52 AM
but back to firearms, most fashionable double barrel shotgun. also best way to carry large numbers of shells while still being able to differentiate between different ammo types.

Neildo
30th November 10, 01:56 AM
http://digilander.libero.it/ber93r/bernardelli/bernardelli_holland.jpg

i'd rather have an AA12, but hey to each his own.

Neildo
30th November 10, 01:58 AM
from the same website - this handgun is bling that goes bang

http://digilander.libero.it/ber93r/bernardelli/bernardelli_elite.JPG

W A N T

Adouglasmhor
30th November 10, 01:58 AM
But over and under or side by side?
http://images.ableammo.com/catalog/images/ssi/sm/70602.jpg

http://huntingexperienceforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/image/break%20action%20shotgun.jpg

Neildo
30th November 10, 02:02 AM
i saw an over under once with one barrel a 20ga shotgun, the other barrel for rifle shot. can't remember the maker, but i thought that was pretty cool.

SoulMechanic
30th November 10, 02:11 AM
As a man who prides himself as a fowl hunter with 5 shot guns I use for hunting,trap,skeet and sporting clays.I must say that using anything other then a breakaway over under or side by side is for pure chickenshits. If you cannot hit your bird in two shots you need to find a new hobby. I love making fun of the faggots all decked out in full cammo with their semi auto's on opening day of dove season. LOL

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
30th November 10, 02:11 AM
70s Italian cut suit for the English market. Restrained for the time but yeah, a big guy like him doesn't need them, could have carried of a more natural or a Neopolitan shoulder easily.

I'm never a fan of huge pads regardless of build. Moderate pads or unstructured is the way to go, and shaping the torso should be done with the cut. Huge pads are the silly, easy way to do it and works well with chunky dudes that can't fit shapely jackets. That's probably why those fat bastard Italians dig them so much.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
30th November 10, 02:12 AM
from the same website - this handgun is bling that goes bang

http://digilander.libero.it/ber93r/bernardelli/bernardelli_elite.JPG

W A N T

This is pretty ugly, from a design perspective.

SoulMechanic
30th November 10, 02:12 AM
But over and under or side by side?
http://images.ableammo.com/catalog/images/ssi/sm/70602.jpg

http://huntingexperienceforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/image/break%20action%20shotgun.jpg

It is a proven fact the overunder is more accurate then the side by sides.

SoulMechanic
30th November 10, 02:19 AM
http://cheezburger.com/Manchowder/lolz/View/3294076672

Robot Jesus
30th November 10, 02:20 AM
a wider horizontal spread could be preferred in some situations.

SoulMechanic
30th November 10, 02:22 AM
I would love to hear your reasoning on this one. Do you hunt or shoot clays?

Robot Jesus
30th November 10, 02:27 AM
I hunt otherkin

nihilist
30th November 10, 02:40 AM
The fuck it isn't! That's not what your mother said last night.

nihilist
30th November 10, 03:15 AM
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8780/coltmodel1903ni.jpg

I actually owned this exact model before my crack smoking brother stole it.

This is the pistol I want:
Luger P08 Blackwidow
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7394/10028220.jpg

nihilist
30th November 10, 03:22 AM
If you are saying to yourself, hey, that colt looks familiar......
then I say, YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT!

http://www.imfdb.org/images/3/37/OM-SilverGun07a.jpg

Adouglasmhor
30th November 10, 04:33 AM
i saw an over under once with one barrel a 20ga shotgun, the other barrel for rifle shot. can't remember the maker, but i thought that was pretty cool.

That's called a combination in an over under and a side by side is called a cape gun, three barrels is called a drilling. Usually either specialist survival gear or hand made to order pieces. Nice spot.

Kein Haar
30th November 10, 04:54 AM
Since I wear suits so infrequently, it stands to reason I should have maybe 3 ab-fab ones.

Now, MJS, you have posted pictures of some suits which I, in fact, thought were ab-fab. You impressed me, young man.

Where do I go from here?

Japuma
30th November 10, 04:57 AM
Safari/Olympic arms Matchmaster:
http://www.mgpsc.com/bbs/attachments/20090107_abe0a04bb1f4df2f8579Gm5fUrvdKPpA.jpg

Also for sale if someone were to be interested.

Kein Haar
30th November 10, 04:59 AM
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8780/coltmodel1903ni.jpg

I actually owned this exact model before my crack smoking brother stole it.

This is the pistol I want:
Luger P08 Blackwidow
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7394/10028220.jpg

Reese,

I have a nazi era Luger which I have absoloutely no interest in, or use for.

PM if interested.

My father bought a bunch of "I-always-wanted-one" stuff before he died.

While I'm at it...

I also have a
-Walther P-38
-Wilson .22 conversion kit for a commander sized 1911
-CZ-52

Please buy them all, thanksbye.

Japuma
30th November 10, 05:01 AM
I know the savage model 24 comes in 20ga over and 22lr under. I think it might come in .410 also.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
30th November 10, 05:05 AM
Since I wear suits so infrequently, it stands to reason I should have maybe 3 ab-fab ones.

Now, MJS, you have posted pictures of some suits which I, in fact, thought were ab-fab. You impressed me, young man.

Where do I go from here?

What's your budget?

Nasreal
30th November 10, 05:25 AM
As a man who prides himself as a fowl hunter with 5 shot guns I use for hunting,trap,skeet and sporting clays.I must say that using anything other then a breakaway over under or side by side is for pure chickenshits. If you cannot hit your bird in two shots you need to find a new hobby. I love making fun of the faggots all decked out in full cammo with their semi auto's on opening day of dove season. LOL

When i shoot clays with my semi-auto, i only ever load two shots and still get my damn bird. But if i needed to load more ammo for a more...practical..application i certainly could. And it'd be a lot faster in such a situation than having to reload after every two shots. Especially since mine is a 20ga, i need more bangs because of smaller bore.

nihilist
30th November 10, 12:21 PM
Reese,

I have a nazi era Luger which I have absoloutely no interest in, or use for.

PM if interested.

My father bought a bunch of "I-always-wanted-one" stuff before he died.

While I'm at it...

I also have a
-Walther P-38
-Wilson .22 conversion kit for a commander sized 1911
-CZ-52

Please buy them all, thanksbye.
The CZ-52 is a nice looking weapon.

Has it been modified or is it stock?

nihilist
30th November 10, 12:23 PM
Also, is the P-38 a long slide?

Kein Haar
1st December 10, 02:22 AM
What's your budget?

1 grand per suit is not out of the question.

There is wiggle room there depending on just how awesome we're talking about.

Kein Haar
1st December 10, 02:24 AM
Also, is the P-38 a long slide?

It's just the standard looking p-38.

I can't imagine the CZ being modified, considering it's wierd communist garbage.

nihilist
1st December 10, 03:17 AM
It's just the standard looking p-38.

I can't imagine the CZ being modified, considering it's wierd communist garbage.
Lol. You can change out the barrel so that it can fire 9x19 ammo. Some some from the factory converted to 9mm, although there are feeding and extraction issues on some modifications.

SoulMechanic
1st December 10, 04:17 AM
When i shoot clays with my semi-auto, i only ever load two shots and still get my damn bird. But if i needed to load more ammo for a more...practical..application i certainly could. And it'd be a lot faster in such a situation than having to reload after every two shots. Especially since mine is a 20ga, i need more bangs because of smaller bore.

Good, because you would be cheating and look like a fucking retard. There is no fun or challenge in unloading a barrage of buckshot while fowling. Two shots is all you need. I'm not hating on semi autos by any means, I own one for home defence. BTW, my favorite gun for hunting dove,quail and pheasant is a 20 gauge Ruger O/U. Sometimes I get redneck morons telling me I am shooting a kids gun out in the field. But the last laugh is on them when I leave with my limit while they are still working on their second bird.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st December 10, 11:32 AM
1 grand per suit is not out of the question.

There is wiggle room there depending on just how awesome we're talking about.

Are you looking for traditional suiting and tailoring or fashion suiting and tailoring? Which suits that I posted caught your eye?

Nasreal
1st December 10, 11:05 PM
Good, because you would be cheating and look like a fucking retard. There is no fun or challenge in unloading a barrage of buckshot while fowling. Two shots is all you need. I'm not hating on semi autos by any means, I own one for home defence. BTW, my favorite gun for hunting dove,quail and pheasant is a 20 gauge Ruger O/U. Sometimes I get redneck morons telling me I am shooting a kids gun out in the field. But the last laugh is on them when I leave with my limit while they are still working on their second bird.
This is my gun http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_montefeltro.php the 20.ga Semi-auto, not the one with the fancy inlay. It also cost about 300 dollars less than that list price, which is cool haha. But yeah, I like the semi auto, and if you load just two shots it doesn't give you any more of an advantage than an over/under. At least with shooting clays.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st December 10, 11:07 PM
I do clay shooting with a flak cannon.

Kein Haar
2nd December 10, 05:38 AM
Are you looking for traditional suiting and tailoring or fashion suiting and tailoring? Which suits that I posted caught your eye?

Well, these will be expected to last for some time...so...traditional.

The suits you posted were in reference to telling someone else how stupid he was about his antiquated ideas about matching this-and-that. I don't remember the thread though. Something about hats rings a bell maybe.

SoulMechanic
2nd December 10, 06:11 AM
I do clay aiken with a flak cannon.

Not beyond belief.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd December 10, 08:22 AM
Well, these will be expected to last for some time...so...traditional.

The suits you posted were in reference to telling someone else how stupid he was about his antiquated ideas about matching this-and-that. I don't remember the thread though. Something about hats rings a bell maybe.

these ones?
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7351/62310lr5245web.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3443/11710bow2780web.jpg

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd December 10, 09:58 AM
I'm having trouble finding suiting to your price specifications. I know of a lot of commendable budget suiting that's about half of what you suggested, and I know a lot of really fine, respected Italian and British suiters that are a little more than double what you suggested. There's no point in going cheaper than you're willing to on a suit but I don't want to talk you into spending more money than you want to either. I'll get back to you.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd December 10, 01:42 AM
Here's some OTR suiting right at the top of your price range, although buying in pairs gives you a steep discount.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatSectionView.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=533

These are the same suits Colbert and Stewart wear, although I think their sizing is off (Colbert always has batwing shoulders going on). If you like this style of suiting you might get more mileage by finding a MTM tailor that can style a suit similarly (most of them). I'm not sure how the tailoring scene is in Illinois. You might have something in Chicago. It might be worth it to take a trip to New York. You want to go to New York anyway don't you?

Don't forget to put some money aside for bitchin' shoes. What's your shoe budget?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd December 10, 01:57 AM
So apparently Polo Ralph Lauren suits are just Corneliani suits rebranded. Pricing info is scant but it should be right about in your range.
http://www.corneliani.com/en/index.jsp#/home

Ralph Lauren Black Label are rebranded Caruso suits, but I cannot find a site for these suiters.

nihilist
3rd December 10, 02:05 AM
Men's Wearhouse.
You'll love the way you look. I guarantee it.

Nasreal
3rd December 10, 02:27 AM
Men's Wearhouse.
You'll love the way you look. I guarantee it.

LOL. Inb4 some douchey remark from MJS.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd December 10, 02:30 AM
Nope.

Nasreal
3rd December 10, 02:31 AM
Well played.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd December 10, 02:32 AM
I like to keep it classy.

Kein Haar
3rd December 10, 02:36 AM
these ones?
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7351/62310lr5245web.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3443/11710bow2780web.jpg

Not so much the chinaman, but the guy with the yellow tie is pretty striking.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd December 10, 02:39 AM
http://www.brioni.com/ would be your style of suit. Miles out of your price range, but you might want to look at it for some ideas.

nihilist
3rd December 10, 02:56 AM
Does this suit suck?
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6617/giorgioarmanisuitssale.jpg

SoulMechanic
3rd December 10, 03:40 AM
I am very fond of the style of suits Machida wears.
http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn392/dubrunner/machida.jpg

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd December 10, 01:31 PM
first suit sucks
can't really see the second suit but the shirt and tie are terrible

Robot Jesus
4th December 10, 12:43 PM
you may be unable to properly answer this due to climate, but what would you recommend for sweaters?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th December 10, 01:34 PM
price range?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th December 10, 01:43 PM
All future requests for x article of clothing should be accompanied by your price range.

Robot Jesus
4th December 10, 02:06 PM
I recently picked up a nice wool number that was reg price $90 but was on for 60. 60-90 seems reasonable.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th December 10, 02:15 PM
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/sweaters.jsp seem nice but I haven't ever purchased one, so I don't have direct experience.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/family/index.jsp?s=A-StorePrice-POLO&ab=ln_men_cs1_sweaters&categoryId=1760813&cp=1760781&pg=1 I've worn these in the past and they aren't bad.

http://usonline.apc.fr/catalog/ makes some really good sweaters, albeit in lighter weights for layering. I've had one sweater from APC for two years that has yet to develop a single pile. The price is a bit beyond your range but end of season sales will bring it down to about $100.

http://www.saint-james.com/ These are really good, too. The price is about the same as APC so once again you'll probably want to sit on your ass for a sale. They're less design orientated than APC, and there's some ugly ones in there, but the quality and thickness are higher.

Neildo
4th December 10, 02:17 PM
champion hoodie son. throw a north face over that shit and you're ready for the mad streets of calgary.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th December 10, 02:20 PM
If my grandma made sweaters that fit this dope I'd be decked in her shit fosho.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4345/ragbone.jpg

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th December 10, 11:44 PM
Beep beep dope suit coming through
http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Images/Products/1277_1.jpg

Kein Haar
5th December 10, 11:49 PM
Oh, here's something I have a bitch of a time finding.

A Norwegian type wool sweater with deer prancing across it.

There are plenty to be found for kids, but not so much for adults. Much less men.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6th December 10, 01:18 AM
All future requests for x article of clothing should be accompanied by your price range.

nihilist
6th December 10, 01:47 AM
Beep beep dope suit coming through
http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Images/Products/1277_1.jpg

That suit looks like it's constipated.

6th December 10, 11:48 AM
you lift far too many weights and far too often for that suit, Reese

nihilist
6th December 10, 12:14 PM
It's not the slender build or the style of the suit; it's the way it hangs on the guy.

Project Runway reject, pure and simple.

6th December 10, 12:16 PM
I'd like to see you squeeze your thighs in those pants

6th December 10, 12:17 PM
no homo

nihilist
6th December 10, 12:17 PM
lul

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th December 10, 12:02 AM
Oh, here's something I have a bitch of a time finding.

A Norwegian type wool sweater with deer prancing across it.

There are plenty to be found for kids, but not so much for adults. Much less men.

Well, at any rate.
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/NewArrivals/sweaters/PRDOVR~32269/99102151024/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~0~15~all~mode+matchal lany~~~~~fair%20isl/32269.jsp
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/sweaters/woolblends/PRDOVR~32263/32263.jsp

Kein Haar
9th December 10, 02:31 AM
I said deer fagg0t!

Seriously.

I got one from Woolrich years ago, and that was pretty much the last time I have ever seen one for a d00d.

Although I kinda like those too.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th December 10, 02:44 AM
deer are way homo

Kein Haar
9th December 10, 04:31 AM
If you can find one epic deer sweater, I'll pay you a finder's fee.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th December 10, 04:38 AM
http://www.zappos.com/vivienne-westwood-man-deer-hand-knit-cardigan-multi
I'll only take 10%

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th December 10, 04:40 AM
42% alpaca, 24% cotton, 11% wool, 9% nylon, 8% elite, 4% cupro, and 2% polyethylene.

I'm not even sure what the fuck "elite" is. How exclusive!

Kein Haar
9th December 10, 04:44 AM
That's really close, young man. Not quite something I'd wear in public though.

Keep trying.

I should clarify. Pull over only.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th December 10, 04:50 AM
Here's an especially hideous one.
http://www.gorsuch.com/product/brands/brunello+cucinelli/men/jacob+deer+sweater.do

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th December 10, 04:55 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/GANT-Rugger-Oh-Deer-Sweater-Navy-Brand-New-a-p-c-/160515596527

Kein Haar
9th December 10, 05:24 AM
Sweet mother of ...

I like the "hideous" one, but...goddamn. $$

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th December 10, 05:26 AM
swag don't come cheap
though i really couldn't guess why that thing is so expensive

Kein Haar
9th December 10, 05:29 AM
Could you suck some cocks and that for me for 250?

Neildo
9th December 10, 06:34 AM
it seem to me that all the brunello cucinelli crap is marketed toward people who have about 400x more money than sense. finish up your tapioca pudding, and then ask the nurse to get your crayons so you can write out a check for $520 for a pair of FUCKING CARGO SHORTS. are they made out of an extinct animal? the hair of a million virgins? myrrh? fuck brunello cucinelli right up his massive gaping asshole with a mack truck that i have no doubt will fit. he needs to be very slowly dipped in sulfuric acid for being such a gigantic douchenozzle.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th December 10, 07:07 AM
I could show you $500 cargo shorts.
but they have desgin quotient and are made out of exclusive materials and etc. etc. and even though it's still stupid there's some economics to their price tag
brunello cucinelli looks like target shit made by italians

nihilist
9th December 10, 11:07 AM
In order to do it right it has to be ugly and matchy-matchy.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4628/2683pd21172551.jpg

http://www.retroandbeyondvintage.com/catalog.php/retroandbeyondvintage/dt93454/pd2117255/Couples_Matching_Dancing_With_the_Stags_UGLY_CHRIS TMAS_SWEATERS_S_M#IMAGES

Neildo
9th December 10, 01:50 PM
I could show you $500 cargo shorts.
but they have desgin quotient and are made out of exclusive materials and etc. etc. and even though it's still stupid there's some economics to their price tag
brunello cucinelli looks like target shit made by italians

and i could get cargo shorts made out of military rip-stop nylon that is tear, heat, and water resistant and only cost $30. for shorts to cost $500, they would need to be somehow 17 times better than that. are they bulletproof? do they have concealed james bond lasers? will chicks flock to you in droves? motherfuck no. what a ridiculous waste. people that buy into that shit are stupid and should be culled.

Adouglasmhor
9th December 10, 02:26 PM
http://www.williamhunt.co.uk/savilerow/images/AW10/SMALL%20250px/14.-Cary.jpghttp://www.williamhunt.co.uk/savilerow/images/AW10/SMALL%20250px/12.-Frost-1.jpg

Thoughts?

Kiko
9th December 10, 03:31 PM
http://shop.vardagen.com/collections/christmas/

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th December 10, 04:06 PM
http://www.williamhunt.co.uk/savilerow/images/AW10/SMALL%20250px/14.-Cary.jpghttp://www.williamhunt.co.uk/savilerow/images/AW10/SMALL%20250px/12.-Frost-1.jpg

Thoughts?

Nope.

Kein Haar
9th December 10, 04:12 PM
Close, kiko...but mens's sweaters.

See how hard this is?

Kiko
9th December 10, 04:14 PM
I just stumbled upon it at a site I frequent. Figured you might like a summer version.