PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO CHUCK TAYLORS???

WarPhalange
19th November 10, 11:41 PM
Holy fuck do my feet ever heart. Okay, so it's only parts of my feet. Right foot, part above my heel feels like it's being rubbed raw. Only the right foot, though. Then, it's various parts of my toes.

What gives, MJS?

Steve
19th November 10, 11:50 PM
Holy fuck do my feet ever heart. Okay, so it's only parts of my feet. Right foot, part above my heel feels like it's being rubbed raw. Only the right foot, though. Then, it's various parts of my toes.

What gives, MJS?

If it's true love, let them go. If they come back to you then it was meant to be.

WarPhalange
19th November 10, 11:56 PM
They're not dogs, you moron. They are sentient beings.

Steve
19th November 10, 11:59 PM
I don't like you talking about women or shoes like that. Besides, women are the ones that will walk all over you (they have a positive relationship with their footwear, a true polyamorous relationship if I ever saw one).

SoulMechanic
20th November 10, 12:07 AM
If Chuck was still alive he would be rockin some Jordan's.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
20th November 10, 12:11 AM
Chuck Taylor's flat insole is sort of cool. A lot of people like them for lifting and some claim that they're great for running for thin feet because they allow the arch to work and the feet to properly pronate - sort of like a poor ma's Vibram 5-fingers. A lot of people don't like the flat insole. A similar shoe at a similar price with a better insole would be http://www.pfflyers.com/ which I've posted all over the place in the past.

I think flat leather insoles with some sort of malleable cushioning or corking are best. They break into the shape of your foot. All my expensive designer sneakers feature this.

Adouglasmhor
20th November 10, 05:27 AM
Rub the bits of the shoes that are rubbing with some soap, just cake some on. Maybe wear 1000 mile socks or double layer running socks till they are worn in, rub some Vaseline or Boby Glide on the bits of raw skin before you wear them as well.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
20th November 10, 05:32 AM
CTs don't break in bro.

Adouglasmhor
20th November 10, 06:05 AM
Everything breaks or wears in, even cotton, just takes longer, my only pair of them just now took months - or maybe my skin got tougher, they used to rub just on the first joint of my toes..

FickleFingerOfFate
20th November 10, 09:51 AM
Like most nostalgic items, the memory far exceeds the reality.
They weren't that good in the 70's, there just wasn't anything that much better.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
20th November 10, 09:51 AM
^ PF flyers

Adouglasmhor
20th November 10, 03:04 PM
^Dunlop green flash.

WarPhalange
20th November 10, 03:15 PM
Like most nostalgic items, the memory far exceeds the reality.
They weren't that good in the 70's, there just wasn't anything that much better.

When I was a kid in Poland, they were the go-to shoes for school kids because they were the cheapest. I was pretty baffled that they were more expensive here than a sack of potatoes. I bought them mainly to see if I could run in them as easily as I can barefoot. No dice. If it weren't for the parts that are rubbing me raw, they'd be pretty comfortable, though.

Spade: The Real Snake
20th November 10, 03:17 PM
I quit wearing Chucks after living in SF and having to walking the hills in them.

WarPhalange
20th November 10, 04:02 PM
Did the gay people point and laugh at you?

FickleFingerOfFate
20th November 10, 05:46 PM

No,
He got tired of getting asked for dates.

resolve
20th November 10, 07:29 PM
Chuck Taylors aren't even made in the first world anymore. Indonesia ftw?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
20th November 10, 08:40 PM
You won't find sneakers made in the first world without paying ~$150 minimum.

Phrost
20th November 10, 10:04 PM
I've got a pair of Chucks in subdued, tactical flat black. They're pretty good for doing squats/deadlifts, but you look like a git.

WarPhalange
20th November 10, 10:05 PM
What do people normally squat/DL in?

Phrost
20th November 10, 10:10 PM
They actually make shoes for it, but you can use wrestling shoes for the purpose. Vibrams are good too; anything with a flat sole, and definitely not some overcushioned bullshit like Nike Shox. When you're doing big weight you don't want any squishy bullshit to deal with. Some people even squat barefoot.

WarPhalange
20th November 10, 10:11 PM
Then why do you look like a git in CTs?

Phrost
20th November 10, 10:15 PM
Because they look stupid on people wearing shorts.

These are the ones I have:

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/regular/2/2/9/435229.jpg

WarPhalange
20th November 10, 10:16 PM
...I always wear shorts... :(

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
20th November 10, 10:21 PM
Phrost, you know that they make low tops right?

WarPhalange
20th November 10, 10:38 PM
Hi-tops are for losers. No wonder you feel like a jackass wearing those shoes.

Phrost
20th November 10, 10:41 PM
Meh, they were an impulse buy. I've worn them 4 times in 2 years.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
20th November 10, 10:55 PM
Hi-tops are for losers. No wonder you feel like a jackass wearing those shoes.

You can shut the hell up right now bitch.

WarPhalange
21st November 10, 12:25 AM
NO U

I don't need my shoes chaffing my ankles.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
21st November 10, 12:27 AM
All of my hitops have buttery leather around the ankle. Stop being poor.

Adouglasmhor
21st November 10, 04:04 AM
They actually make shoes for it, but you can use wrestling shoes for the purpose. Vibrams are good too; anything with a flat sole, and definitely not some overcushioned bullshit like Nike Shox. When you're doing big weight you don't want any squishy bullshit to deal with. Some people even squat barefoot.

I wear ballet pumps or feyue flyers.

21st November 10, 11:11 AM

No,
He got tired of getting asked for dates.
Actually.....
There were actually bus lines (24 Divisadero) that I couldn't ride without being bothered.
When the missus was the GF, she worked in Pacific Heights and I would have to take that line from Noe Valley to Pacific Heights. I had to wear a hat and hoodie, sunglassed, have one headphones and be reading a book with my head down so as to not garner any attention.

So LULX

WarPhalange
21st November 10, 11:14 AM
So it was only the straight people that laughed at you, then?

21st November 10, 11:22 AM
So it was only the straight people that laughed at you, then?
No, Poops, we don't all share your secret pain.

WarPhalange
21st November 10, 11:26 AM
http://images.memegenerator.net/Advice-Tourettes-Guy/File/131958/forever%20alone%20guy.jpg?imageSize=Small

Frank White
21st November 10, 02:51 PM
I lived in Frisco, I never got hit on :*(

22nd November 10, 10:04 AM
I lived in Frisco, I never got hit on :*(
^^
Cub4Bear