PDA

View Full Version : Atlas

Steve
9th November 10, 02:18 AM
I got sand kicked in my face once. The Charles Atlas "character"... but backing up when I got sand kicked in my face, it still sucked.

I learned that it wasn't personal, just a way for him to enjoy his muscles. He was quite bigger than me and he knew it; I knew it was just due to his size, he knew it just due to his obvious lack of ease through doorways...

That ended and I was a man, hard to believe, I know, but it was true. I had been laid, I wasn't a lady killer by any means, but I knew that I had been laid more than "Atlas." I laughed at that, me, laid more than a man that could shoulder the world.

What a world we live in.

Time passed, as it does. I worked, and felt okay with my life (the grass was green, but not quite as green as in the movies, but who the fuck cares. It's never that green).

I met a girl...

Holy shit, did I ever meet her, my head couldn't stop spinning, it was as if I had met the best girl ever! I was so excited!!

We chatted and had a great time, she even laughed at my jokes! We were together for about a year.

Then she said it:

"You know, Charles Atlas was a real man."

FUCK.

Harpy
9th November 10, 02:22 AM
Therapy corner is in the PAC.

* but yeah, I laughed at the ending

Steve
9th November 10, 02:23 AM
I was going for the ending

jvjim
9th November 10, 04:00 AM
Liking musclemen is def a deal breaker for me too.

Ajamil
24th November 10, 01:19 AM
I'm confused. Was this a short story entry?

Feryk
24th November 10, 11:23 AM
Anything where Steve discusses his manhood is a work of fiction, so yes.

Steve
27th November 10, 05:03 AM
I'm confused. Was this a short story entry?

Should I make it shorter?

Ajamil
27th November 10, 01:26 PM
Five words or less.

nihilist
27th November 10, 04:21 PM
Five words or less.
Charles Atlas was a man.