PDA

View Full Version : fashin

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th October 10, 12:36 AM
http://fuckyeahmenswear.tumblr.com/

I stack kicks like I stack cheddar, son.

This is Jenga steez.

Have you seen my shoes?

Seriously, have you seen my fucking shoes?

I gots kicks for every occasion.

Blogger meet up? Checkmate.

Cigar shell.

Smashing on haters? In the streets?

Blue suede.

Stealing your biotch?

Indiana Jones orthopedic boots.

No Sketchers shape ups. Itís too easy.

The list goes on.

Iíve seen you in your Allen Edmonds.

Weakest shit on earth.

You call those shoes?

Did your mom pick them out?

Hanukkah money goes a long way.

Or maybe you got them for your super sweet sixteen.

Get some Aldies and maybe you can holler.

Adouglasmhor
27th October 10, 12:49 AM
Just read this yesterday - I want the monks with 3 buckles that are on it I don't care they are OTT.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th October 10, 12:57 AM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lapioyyxtI1qetbkqo1_400.jpg
i could make 'em work

Robot Jesus
27th October 10, 01:04 AM
...I was aware of social injustice
In only the vaguest possible way.

Robot Jesus
27th October 10, 01:12 AM
or more to be more practical

...Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
For the apparel oft proclaims the man....

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th October 10, 09:03 PM
Out of your size?

My bad, yo.

We don’t stock anything.

Besides vintage stools and negative space.

Ajamil
28th October 10, 09:12 PM
MJS, my manager likes to consider himself nicely styled. If I were to get a pic - say of a work outfit or perhaps a detailed shoe, would you be willing to give as least-trollish critique as you could?

I'm honestly curious.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th October 10, 09:13 PM
sure

Ajamil
28th October 10, 09:27 PM
Awesome - camera at work tomorrow. I'll have to blur the head - too bad.

Give me a casual/manager work suit you would offer as a quick good design, please. I'll save the files to the camera so he can see your taste.

He's Hispanic with dark brown/blak, curly hair he recently has been growing out and straightening to make a Don Juan/Zorro kinda look.

Ajamil
28th October 10, 09:29 PM
Does editing show as a new post?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
28th October 10, 09:30 PM
He should start by keeping his hair short and neat.

Ajamil
28th October 10, 09:43 PM
His wife agreed. She's a hair stylist. One of the better ones I've had cut my hair (not saying much). Little short, but had an interesting process.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st November 10, 07:21 PM
so you gonna post some lewd pics or what?

Ajamil
1st November 10, 08:11 PM
Oh here's the thread. No, cuz he's a pussy. He got weirded out by the whole thing. Wouldn't even tell me what kind of shoes he wears. Concerns over not knowing your name or who you are, ironically worried about you knowing his name or who he was - things I kind of expect from someone who doesn't frequent online forums.

You're still welcome to give me an example of an ensemble and see what his opinion is on it. I'll try to get him to show me his watch again so I can note the brand.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st November 10, 08:15 PM
Where do you work and where is he in the chain of management? How old and fat is he?

Ajamil
1st November 10, 10:41 PM
Promised I wouldn't tell about location. Small chain, works under the owner in charge of breakfast and lunch cafe. Not fat, round my age - mid to late 20s, maybe early 30. Nice complexion, olive toned. I'd say round 5'6".

SoulMechanic
1st November 10, 10:55 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lapioyyxtI1qetbkqo1_400.jpg
i could make 'em work
you could not and we both know it.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd November 10, 08:49 PM
Promised I wouldn't tell about location. Small chain, works under the owner in charge of breakfast and lunch cafe. Not fat, round my age - mid to late 20s, maybe early 30. Nice complexion, olive toned. I'd say round 5'6".

He should get some sportcoats. Not orphaned suit jackets, but actual sportcoats. Right now most mid-level retailers are trending on anemic lapels and collars while a few people who consider themselves visionary are trying to turn the market upside down with 3.5" wide zoot lapels. I think the later sucks ass while the former will be more durable even as lapels widen back out whenever they start to do that. A sportcoat should be a little shorter than a suit jacket but some labels are cutting them off at the wrist like school boy fetish wear and that's going too far. Since he works in a restaurant and because any sportcoat worth owning is dry clean only he might want to wear those sparingly, or take it off and stick it in the back when he gets to work.

Shirts and slacks should be cotton, for washability and slim fit. Most shirting is plainweave but he should get his trousers in twills because they're hard wearing and hard to get dirty. Tell him to save the wool stuff for nights out. Dark patterned shirts might hide anything that spills on them more easily until he has a chance to wash the shirt. I can't recommend colors because I don't know what works with olive complexions.

For shoes, normally I would recommend leather soles every single time but since he works in a restaurant he might want rubber soles or might even be required to wear rubber soles. Broquing is playful but plain shoes are more versatile. Don't let him buy square toes.

His height means that tailoring is important. Pant legs and shirt sleeves will probably need to be shortened in addition to any tailoring in the width he might want.

Bowties are on their way back in and they don't fall into pots of food :)

Adouglasmhor
3rd November 10, 02:23 AM
Get him to learn how to tie a bow tie, captain clip on and pre tied don't look right on anyone (too regular and too stiff) and he will look like he is on the way to his first holy communion.

Neildo
3rd November 10, 02:26 AM
i've been looking for a good sport coat for ages. everything i find is typical suit length. any suggestions?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd November 10, 02:40 AM
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatSectionView.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=678

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/sportcoatsandvests.jsp

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1726
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1727
length is pushing too short on these two

Most sportcoats that are admittedly very nice are too short right now. Thom Browne needs to fuck off already. When shopping for coats there's two big things you need to look for:

- Sewn interfacing. Check the body, the sleeves, and the lapels of the jackets by feeling for a free-floating layer of fabric between the lining and the outer shell. If you can't find it, and especially if you can't find it and the jacket is stiff like card paper then it's fused crap.
- Functional buttons on the sleeves. This isn't a deal breaker, since you can always take the jacket to a tailor and have him make functional button holes, but finding a jacket that already has them is always a good sign.

Neildo
3rd November 10, 02:49 AM
i want that j crew Two-button Ludlow Legacy. i doubt they make it for my shoulder width though. something that really bugs me about most sportcoats is shoulder pads. why, why, why. i actually have shoulders, i don't need that shit.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd November 10, 02:59 AM
no gay j. crew in canada
check em out next time you cross the border
they go up to size 44 which is p. fat yo

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd November 10, 03:00 AM
p.s. some of them go up to 46 even

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd November 10, 03:52 AM
couple more options, some sizes reach into the 50s
http://www.barneys.com/CO-OP/COOPSUITS1,default,sc.html

Nasreal
5th November 10, 09:20 PM
Hmmm, I'd wear that Kris sport jacket by Theory...if I had a reason to dress up that nice on a regular basis that is.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th November 10, 09:34 PM
That's a casual coat.

Nasreal
5th November 10, 09:36 PM
That's a casual coat.

I go to school full time, and work at a poultry market...I literally have no reason for a suit at the moment.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th November 10, 10:36 PM
It's not a suit jacket. You could wear it to school and pull bitches, trust me.

Nasreal
5th November 10, 10:40 PM
haha i suppose

Neildo
6th November 10, 01:35 AM
no he's right. dress to impress doesn't mean go everywhere in a 3 piece or a tux.

Ajamil
6th November 10, 07:28 AM
Ok, this is what I could get out of him:

Steve Madden shoes: dark brown, lambskin leather (?), square toe. Might have been the Carano.
(http://www.zappos.com/steve-madden-carano-brown-leather)
Long sleeve, tight, purple cashmere sweater

Button up shirt by Excess, off-white with thin blue horizontal stripes and pin stripe brown, so the pattern was
=======blue
-------------br
========

Peppered gray slacks made of wool - didn't get the makers.

He also owns a boat and a black Mustang, and my commie friend Alex met him and thought he was the biggest douche in his experience.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6th November 10, 04:01 PM
Steve Madden's shoes can all go to hell, as well as anything else with a square toe. Nothing else in that ensemble sounds offensive. P.S. he probably meant Express.

Adouglasmhor
6th November 10, 04:05 PM
Hmmm, I'd wear that Kris sport jacket by Theory...if I had a reason to dress up that nice on a regular basis that is.

it's casual as the Gaffer says, plus pin stripe jacket not as a suit says orphaned suit jacket to me.
Though I admit to being old.