PDA

View Full Version : hmmmm... long pig

bob
26th August 10, 11:10 PM
Cannibal restaurant adverts turn German stomachs

Would you be prepared to sacrifice your testicles, stomach fat or ears for the sake of high-class cuisine? A soon-to-open Berlin restaurant is touting for diners willing to do just that: donate body parts that it says it will turn into gourmet meals according to the age-old cooking habits of an Amazonian tribe infamous for its cannibalism.

The promotion has been declared grossly distasteful by a growing number of protesters, who say it is in particularly bad taste following the case of a real cannibal in Germany (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/germany).

In a prominent advertising campaign on the internet, in German newspapers and on television, the restaurant, Flime, is appealing for willing donors and diners to become members of what it hints at being a new dining movement.
"Members declare themselves willing to donate any part of their body," the advertisement reads, adding that any resulting hospital costs will be taken on by the restaurant. They say they are also looking to employ an "open-minded surgeon".

The location of the restaurant – if it exists – is being kept a secret, as is the identity of the owners and investors behind it. As a foretaste of its menu, Flime is suggesting traditional Brazilian dishes such as bolinho, which it describes as "fried tatar balls with a sweet-sour dip", or feijoada, a main course consisting of "various pieces of meat with black beans and rice". It does not specify what type of meat is used.

The restaurant cites as its inspiration the indigenous Brazilian Waricaca tribe, which once practised the ritual of "compassionate cannibalism", or eating parts of the corpse of a loved one to emphasise the connection between the living and the dead, which was said to help with mourning.

The advertising campaign has provoked incredulity and outrage in equal measure. Michael Braun, the vice-chairman of Berlin's Christian Democrat party, said he had received several protest emails calling for the restaurant to be banned. He had been unable to get to the bottom of who was behind what he said might be "a stunt".

"I'm working on the assumption that this is some sort of a warped joke," he told Bild. "But it's disgusting, not least because it wasn't long ago that we had the case of the Berliner who was murdered by a cannibal."

Braun was referring to the case of the computer technician Bernd Jürgen Brandes, who in 2001 volunteered himself to the self-confessed cannibal Armin Meiwes, who chopped off his penis and prepared it as a dish seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic.

Meiwes then killed Brandes and consumed his flesh over the following months. He was sentenced to life imprisonment in 2006.

The case drew attention to a growing underground cannibal movement. Experts believe cannibalism has about 800 followers in Germany alone, only a minimal number of whom have carried out the practice.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/26/cannibal-restaurant-flime-germany

For those of you who thought that Germans were only into eating scheisse ...

Personally I'm calling troll but a pretty funny one.

Ajamil
26th August 10, 11:21 PM
BYOB - bring your own body.

Harpy
27th August 10, 02:46 AM
I'm scared. If it's true, what would stop the owners from using their volunteers against their will? During surgery when under anaesthetic, removing stomach fat, a testicle, an ear, a kidney without consent? Manipulating signed documents so that records show the donor agreed to give more. The slim chance of death (and the possibilities afterwards). Disappearing donors. Reduction in the homeless population...

Made the bile rise in me to read the article.

bob
27th August 10, 02:54 AM
I think you'd taste better with a little extra bile.

Tonuzaba
27th August 10, 03:26 AM
dPzB26nbFI8

ICY
27th August 10, 04:37 AM
I would think the donors waking up and freaking out and launching lawsuit after lawsuit, if not just fucking murdering the doctors...that stuff would probably motivate them not to fuck with the documents.

Shotgun Christening
27th August 10, 05:41 AM
m3N5l-URMJw

Kein Haar
27th August 10, 06:31 AM
This is how kreutzfeldt-jakob disease gets around.

Not smart, Germans.

bob
27th August 10, 06:34 AM
Braun was referring to the case of the computer technician Bernd Jürgen Brandes, who in 2001 volunteered himself to the self-confessed cannibal Armin Meiwes, who chopped off his penis and prepared it as a dish seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic.

Just to keep things on NOM, NOM, NOM topic I think this goes to show that pretty much anything can be made edible with salt, pepper and garlic.

Tonuzaba
27th August 10, 06:40 AM
Not smart, Germans.
Somehow, I don't really mind the Germans eating EACH OTHER...

EuropIan
27th August 10, 09:51 AM
-UYw2RFNO1Q

Neildo
27th August 10, 11:31 AM
argh beat me to it!

Angry Mandrill
27th August 10, 12:24 PM
Just to keep things on NOM, NOM, NOM topic I think this goes to show that pretty much anything can be made edible with salt, pepper and garlic.

i can't help but wonder if ol' armin gave ol' bernd a taste of his own vittles. would seem kinda cruel if he didn't...

Cullion
27th August 10, 12:33 PM
This is how kreutzfeldt-jakob disease gets around.

Not smart, Germans.

I think it's okay as long as you don't attempt to absorb the wisdom of the ancestors by eating tissue from the central nervous system.

I'm pretty sure the Germans will do this safely and efficiently.

Shotgun Christening
27th August 10, 02:33 PM
I think it's okay as long as you don't attempt to absorb the wisdom of the ancestors by eating tissue from the central nervous system.

Wait, is this not a good idea?

Kiko
27th August 10, 02:38 PM
I'm eating cheezburgers, so I just kinda scanned the OP. Sounds a little icky.

EuropIan
27th August 10, 02:55 PM
Wait, is this not a good idea?
Kuru

Shotgun Christening
27th August 10, 03:15 PM
Kuru

That would explain why our minister has a weird case of the "shakes". He says its the ancestors stirring within his spirit. Shit....I want my tithe back.

Cullion
27th August 10, 07:40 PM
The only way you're going to get your money's worth is to eat his brain.

HappyOldGuy
27th August 10, 08:20 PM
I'm pretty sure the Germans will do this safely and efficiently.

There are reasons to like you.

Shotgun Christening
28th August 10, 05:32 AM
The only way you're going to get your money's worth is to eat his brain.

Yeah but you said that it wasnt a good idea to do that. Make up your mind, either I eat it or I dont.....I NEED DIRECTION FROM THE WALL OF TEXT ON THE INTORWEBZ!!!!!!111!

Cullion
28th August 10, 06:06 AM
You should do it. It's not a good idea for anybody else to do it.

Shotgun Christening
28th August 10, 06:16 AM
You should do it. It's not a good idea for anybody else to do it.

Kind of like a circle of life thing.......thank you oh great wall of text.

Ajamil
28th August 10, 12:29 PM
If you already eat meat I don't really see a problem. The only thing that would bother me is that I'd have to give up a body part to do it; really that's better as no other being has to suffer for your tastes. I think they should contact PETA and get their support on this.

Tonuzaba
28th August 10, 12:36 PM
...I think they should contact PETA and get their support on this.
Hahaha.

"I'd rather eat myself" - megabillboards with mutilated supermodels chewing on own bodyparts...

EuropIan
28th August 10, 12:49 PM
Hahaha.

"I'd rather eat myself" - megabillboards with mutilated supermodels chewing on own bodyparts...
Fuckin' vores....

TheMightyMcClaw
1st September 10, 11:29 PM
"O Kyklops! Would you feast on my companions?
Puny, am I, in a Caveman's hands?
How do you like the beating that we gave you,
you damned cannibal? Eater of guests
under your roof! Zeus and the gods have paid you!"

Odysseus is not pleased with this new restaurant.

bob
1st September 10, 11:33 PM
Odysseus can bite me.

Ajamil
2nd September 10, 02:40 AM
Hello, I'll be your dinner this evening.

But would Adams be pleased?

Ragout
11th September 10, 01:40 PM
Here is a good read if you are interested...

http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/e-sermons/butcher.html

Here is a small sample of the article titled "Butchering the Human Carcass for Human Consumption"

Body Preparation: Acquiring your subject is up to you. For best results and health, freshness is imperative. A living human in captivity is optimal, but not always available. When possible make sure the animal has no food for 48 hours, but plenty of water. This fasting helps flush the system, purging stored toxins and bodily wastes, as well as making bleeding and cleaning easier. Under ideal conditions, the specimen will then be stunned into insensitivity. Sharp unexpected blows to the head are best, tranquilizers not being recommended as they may taint the flavor of the meat. If this is not possible without exciting the animal and causing a struggle (which will pump a greater volume of blood and secretions such as adrenaline throughout the body), a single bullet through the middle of the forehead or back of the skull will suffice.