PDA

View Full Version : Fagoat!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th August 10, 05:38 PM
Do you feel that homosexual epithets are acceptable, or too offensive to use?
Do you think that some, like faggot, have become okay because they aren't really used to describe homosexuals anymore? Or perhaps that they're okay contextually, only when they aren't being used to describe a homosexual?

Feryk
9th August 10, 05:39 PM
Faygut.

It's always been acceptable. It's only now that gay bashing has become outre.

bob
9th August 10, 05:39 PM
Do Americans say 'poofter'?

Neildo
9th August 10, 05:42 PM
I7hQN4Amaeg

Adouglasmhor
9th August 10, 05:49 PM
I hope if I use one people know I am joking. Especially the one I say it to.

I particularly like "friend of Dorothy" as a pejorative term for a gay man.

SoulMechanic
9th August 10, 05:49 PM
Nothing wrong with calling anybody a faggot. Also, no we generally do not use the word poofter.

Cullion
9th August 10, 05:50 PM
It could get you arrested in the UK, but I don't think it should.

Whether it's unacceptably rude, I think that depends entirely on context.

Shotgun Christening
9th August 10, 05:59 PM
Or perhaps that they're okay contextually, only when they aren't being used to describe a homosexual?

This...

Adouglasmhor
9th August 10, 06:07 PM
^cop out.

I got called gay at a bike rally about 2 years ago. All the evidence was there I was drinking tea and reading a book. I then upset some three patch bikers by telling them gay isn't really an insult.

fes_fsa
9th August 10, 06:08 PM
it's okay to call people faggots.

but don't take my word for it. i was raised in a house where we beat each other up and called each other faggots all the time.

Adouglasmhor
9th August 10, 06:10 PM
My GF was called a faggot by her mum and dad, apparently it had a different connotation in Dublin in days of yore.

Cullion
9th August 10, 06:11 PM
http://artiewayne.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/faggots.jpg

bob
9th August 10, 06:29 PM
MJS be honest. You don't really have any gay or black friends do you?

Neildo
9th August 10, 06:36 PM
it's the same guy

http://www.2snaps.tv/files/images/antoine_dodson.large.jpg

ICY
9th August 10, 06:38 PM
U-otAJrtY-w

FAGGOTS

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th August 10, 06:39 PM
MJS be honest. You don't really have any gay or black friends do you?

I am gay.
And I used to have nothing but black drinking buddies, s'where I learned to drink Mickey's.

Hedley LaMarr
9th August 10, 06:40 PM
Faggot is too powerful a word to be used as a meager epithet for homosexuals. I use it solely to refer to those who do not live by the Cowboy Code, mostly office workers and ineffectual civil servants.

ICY
I don't think it should be considered wrong to call a faggot a faggot or a nigger a nigger...if they're doing something offensive enough to warrant being offended themselves, then...they deserve it. If not, you're just being an asshole and are wrong.

As for using the words out of context...who gives a fuck. At all. Why?

bob
I am gay.
And I used to have nothing but black drinking buddies, s'where I learned to drink Mickey's.

No, you're not.

Post some evidence or give up this troll job. I dare you.

ICY
9th August 10, 06:41 PM
Mickey's is a faggot beer, where I come from.

Ajamil
9th August 10, 06:41 PM
Homosexual epithets don't register in my vocabulary. I rarely hear the word faggot anymore, but gay is still frequent. I wouldn't care as much if people actually meant something by the word rather than just a LCD goto for "I don't like ____."

Person: Man, that car is completely gay.
Me: What? How?
Person: You know, it's just gay.
Me: How does it possibly relate to men having sex with each other?
Person: NO!! It's just - you know, gay.
Me: ...Do only gay people buy it?
Person: No, buying it is gay.
Me: Buying that car is two men fucking?

Continue ad nauseum. Get a better word, people. What happened to lame? Lame would make sense - something that hinders you in one sense or another. Or pathetic, or even douchey - as in something a person who thinks way to highly of themselves and with the general mentality of an idiot meathead would desire.

SoulMechanic
9th August 10, 06:49 PM
Mickeys is indeed some faggot ass beer. Real niggers don't drink that shit.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th August 10, 06:51 PM
No, you're not.

Post some evidence or give up this troll job. I dare you.

the fuck kind of evidence you lookin for?

This thread was inspired by a friend of a friend last night, who kept dropping a lame ass "You'd like that wouldn't you faggot" line. Normally I don't care about that word at all, but I really wasn't sure whether or not I was okay with him doing that, and I'm still not sure today.

Hedley LaMarr
9th August 10, 06:58 PM

This thread was inspired by a friend of a friend last night, who kept dropping a lame ass "You'd like that wouldn't you faggot" line. Normally I don't care about that word at all, but I really wasn't sure whether or not I was okay with him doing that, and I'm still not sure today.
Video.

Spade: The Real Snake
9th August 10, 06:59 PM

well, you WOULD like it, wouldn't you?

faggot

ICY
9th August 10, 07:05 PM
I think, basically, if someone is witless and annoying...then that's the problem, it isn't the specific word, it's the lack of redeeming amusement.

Neildo
9th August 10, 07:10 PM
when i say "yo that shit is gay" and somebody calls me on it, i say "yes, it's man on man bumsex, with the nuts on your face. it's that gay." and usually they shut up.

HappyOldGuy
9th August 10, 07:54 PM
It's perfectly okay to call me a faggot.

When you're offering to suck my cock.

bob
9th August 10, 08:00 PM
when i say "yo that shit is gay" and somebody calls me on it, i say "yes, it's man on man bumsex, with the nuts on your face. it's that gay." and usually they shut up.

I'm having trouble picturing how that would work.

bob
9th August 10, 08:00 PM
Video.
Photos would do.

ICY
9th August 10, 08:12 PM
Well bob, it may require more than two, I'm sure you can fill in the rest.

bob
9th August 10, 08:14 PM
Well bob, it may require more than two, I'm sure you can fill in the rest.

Oh, very droll.

Ajamil
9th August 10, 08:37 PM
Look I just went to Philly so either you start passing the collection plate for my plane ticket or shut up and wait.

when i say "yo that shit is gay" and somebody calls me on it, i say "yes, it's man on man bumsex, with the nuts on your face. it's that gay." and usually they shut up. I'd be a lot more tolerant of the word usage if everyone meant it like this, but they don't. They aren't using the word to refer to homosexual acts, they aren't using for anything but a default label of general negativity. Take Louis CK: though he never explicitly states it, he has a clearly defined use for the word faggot. It's not just I don't like you so you're a faggot.

I like semantics and people with vocabularies of 40 words or less are irksome. Also, why does my spellchecker keep saying the proper spelling is fagot? Is that the bundle of sticks spelling? And why is the last suggestion "fagged?"

ICY
9th August 10, 09:49 PM
"Fagged" is what happens to a thread when you post in it.

As in, the thread was rolling along nicely, until Arjuna fagged it.

TheMightyMcClaw
9th August 10, 10:20 PM
I generally avoid use the term faggot as a pejorative, for the same reason I don't call people bitches or low-down dirty double-niggers; the essence of the insult is comparing an unworthy person to a particular demographic, and thus the insult is more to the demographic than the person.
Although reading Lebell's posts have made me consider starting to use the term "Dutchman" to describe the particularly loathsome.

Ajamil
9th August 10, 10:34 PM
I'll use bitch, but usually as a state of activity. People often are being a bitch, or bitching. For me bitching is angry complaining, and I wouldn't say someone is "a bitch" unless they do it all the time.

Neildo
9th August 10, 11:36 PM
same. also often preceded by the word 'whiny'

resolve
9th August 10, 11:55 PM
I've never used the word except to describe a horrifically flaming gay man.

So, yeah... MJS... :P

Actually, you said you were bi a while back. What made you teeter over to the homosexual side?

SoulMechanic
10th August 10, 12:16 AM
The fact he will never achieve the beauty of a real woman.

Adouglasmhor
10th August 10, 01:17 AM
I generally avoid use the term faggot as a pejorative, for the same reason I don't call people bitches or low-down dirty double-niggers; the essence of the insult is comparing an unworthy person to a particular demographic, and thus the insult is more to the demographic than the person.
Although reading Lebell's posts have made me consider starting to use the term "Dutchman" to describe the particularly loathsome.

Continue it's an old tradition.

"Dutch courage" (booze-induced bravery)

"Double Dutch" (gibberish)

"Dutch cap" (contraceptive diaphragm)

"Dutch wife" (prostitute; sex doll)

"Dutch widow" (prostitute)

"Dutch comfort" (saying that "Things could be worse!")

"Dutch metal" or "Dutch gold" (cheap alloy resembling gold)

"Dutch treat" (social date where the invitee pays for himself/herself)

"Dutch concert" (noise and uproar, as from a drunken crowd)

"Dutch-bottomed" (empty)

"Dutch uncle" (a person who issues frank, harsh, and severe comments and criticism to educate, encourage, or admonish someone. Thus, a "Dutch uncle" is a person who is rather the reverse of what is normally thought of as uncle-like (which would be indulgent and permissive).

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
10th August 10, 03:46 AM
mmmm faggots

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1oQRQHfaGWc/0.jpg

10th August 10, 08:00 AM
^^^^
do U like faggots?
U like faggots in ur mouth?
U must be a ghey pig.

and Sama has inspired me to start using the phrase "bitch-ass faggot"
more often

Commodore Pipes
10th August 10, 08:44 AM
Person: Man, that car is completely gay.
Me: What? How?
Person: You know, it's just gay.
Me: How does it possibly relate to men having sex with each other?
Person: NO!! It's just - you know, gay.
Me: ...Do only gay people buy it?
Person: No, buying it is gay.
Me: Buying that car is two men fucking?

I think that using gay to describe something you don't like it offensive. I would much rather say "That car prefers the company of other cars."

10th August 10, 08:59 AM
^^^^
do U like faggots?
U like faggots in ur mouth?

Only pork ones although I will make an exception for you....

Cullion
10th August 10, 09:08 AM
I pity you poor people who've never had a hot, steaming, meaty faggot in your mouth.

UglyBugly
10th August 10, 10:16 AM
I think faggot is also the name of a pickle like vegetable.. a jar of faggots anyone?

10th August 10, 11:19 AM
Remember burning faggots (http://www.legendarydartmoor.co.uk/christ_fagg.htm) isnt just for Christmas!

nihilist
10th August 10, 11:57 AM
Calling a polesmoker a fa66ot is rude behavior.

Using the term gay is OK in certain contexts. I'll give you an example:

Neil: "Last night I took it up the ass by a football team and must've swallowed a gallon of paste."

Bob: "Dude, that's so gay."

10th August 10, 12:21 PM
you might be onto something there

Ajamil
10th August 10, 03:45 PM
Did we really need to change the thread title?

And I can't remember where I picked up the phrase, but "wrongfully homosexual" is a lovely jab at PCing away the word gay.

SoulMechanic
10th August 10, 03:56 PM
Calling a polesmoker a fa66ot is rude behavior.

Using the term gay is OK in certain contexts. I'll give you an example:

Neil: "Last night I took it up the ass by a football team and must've swallowed a gallon of paste."

Bob: "Dude, that's so gay."

Neil doesn't like football though. Change that to a hundred man CUMite and you are dead on brother.

bob
10th August 10, 05:15 PM
Wait, are we talking that donut puncher Phrost or mincing flip ladyboy Neildo?

Neildo
10th August 10, 05:55 PM
hey i know i'm pretty but i aint that pretty

10th August 10, 07:43 PM
Wait, are we talking that donut puncher Phrost or mincing flip ladyboy Neildo?
interchangeable

WarPhalange
10th August 10, 11:30 PM
U-otAJrtY-w

FAGGOTS

Great stuff.

nihilist
10th August 10, 11:33 PM
It has nothing to do with Neildo and everything to to with the imaginary comedy team of Neil & Bob.
If you need that last duo explained to you then you don't belong on this site in the first place.

Feryk
12th August 10, 01:32 PM
hey i know i'm pretty but i aint that pretty

You're right.

Neildo
12th August 10, 04:18 PM
flattery will get you nowhere

Feryk
13th August 10, 03:18 PM
flattery will get you nowhere

Guess it's a good thing it wasn't flattery then.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th August 10, 03:22 PM
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/Hypchrondrius/honor.jpg

Neildo
16th August 10, 01:21 PM

i just called nob's wiccanness gay in his little sailor boy thread and thought of a good way to better define this statement. the above statement has no inference to sexual orientations, i don't really care about that. it's more about the saggy nutsack and 12-hour-since-last-washed-sweaty-man-ass cornholing an equal man-ass and nutsack vigorously, on your face. that's what i'm inferring, and also thusly my opinion of the 'wicca' religion.

also, lol at MJS's homoconan comic traumatizing this thread. best threadkiller ever.

Ajamil
16th August 10, 04:29 PM
Gay is more a reference of masculinity. Driving a Jetta is gay. If Anders were to bury himself balls deep in another man's precious flower, it wouldn't be gay no matter how saggy or sweaty any part of the situation was. Frolicking is gay. The two vikings going at it are homosexual, but not gay.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
16th August 10, 04:31 PM
i drive a jetta D:

SoulMechanic
16th August 10, 04:41 PM
I drive a jetta.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/pactra/sad_panda.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/pactra/sad_panda.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/pactra/sad_panda.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/pactra/sad_panda.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/pactra/sad_panda.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/pactra/sad_panda.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/pactra/sad_panda.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/pactra/sad_panda.jpg

Neildo
16th August 10, 05:55 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAW

SoulMechanic
17th August 10, 01:55 AM
Thought we were friends Neil.

Feryk
17th August 10, 11:38 AM
Gay is more a reference of masculinity. Driving a Jetta is gay. If Anders were to bury himself balls deep in another man's precious flower, it wouldn't be gay no matter how saggy or sweaty any part of the situation was. Frolicking is gay. The two vikings going at it are homosexual, but not gay.

That about sums it up. Does that mean we can still use "Faggot" the way Louis CK means it? Or will that be termed homophobic?

kick
18th August 10, 10:53 PM
A farmer pulls up in his truck outside of his house, grabs a young rooster from the tray and walks around to the front of his barn with a rooster under one arm and a shotgun under the other, and says to the old rooster you're getting to old to service the 1000 hens so I've got you some help and wanders back to his porch.

The old rooster says to the young rooster, glad for the help, lets take 500 hens each.

The young rooster says no way old man, I'm having them all you're having none.

Unperturbed the old rooster says, ok i'll take 100 you have 900.

Again the young rooster replies no way old man I'm having them all you're having none.

The old rooster says fine, just leave me Penny she's old and doesnt lay anymore and you can have the other 999.

The Young rooster replies I want the 999 and Penny, you're too old, go off and die.

The old rooster says what if I prove I've still got it then can I have some hens.

Young rooster " sure, what do you propose"

Old rooster lets have a race if I win we talk, but because I am older I need a barn lengths headstart.

Young Rooster "Ok, we're on."

Old rooster takes off at a trot and makes the first corner of the barn, Young rooster sprints off behind him. Old rooster makes the second corner, young rooster has almost caught up already.

Old rooster goes as fast as he can is about a quarter of a length of the back of the barn, the young rooster is just about to overtake him when "BLLAAAAMMM" young rooster disappears in an explosion of feathers.

Farmer standing on the porch with his shotgun turns to his wife and says" Dang Martha that's the third gay rooster this month"