PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Governor Barbour. You have stopped the meth epidemic.

Shotgun Christening
2nd August 10, 04:06 PM
Most of us are aware of a substance known as Crystal Meth. Among other ingredients of crystal meth is ephedrine or pseudoephedrine. A few years ago medicines containing these two ingredients were made available without a prescription.
After a while the government saw that the ephedrine/pseudoephendrine was being used to manufacture crystal meth and that production had increased dramatically.

So their solution was to move all ephedrine/pseudoephedrine products back behind the counter and make you show ID and sign for each purchase. Everytime you bought something with these ingredients in it your name went into a database. Buy too much of it and they started looking at you a little closer. The pharmacy could even deny you the sale and then they would call the authorities.

Now to my problem. As of Jul 1. 2010 no residents of the state on Mississippi will be able to purchase any product containing ephedrine/pseudoephedrine without a prescription.
MS is one of only three states in the country that currently do this. If I go into Arkansas or Tennessee ( I have purchased in both states since the law was established but before it went into effect) and was told that as of 7/1/2010 I was going to have to have a prescription since I lived in Mississippi.
Claritin works wonders for my allergies and doesnt make me drowsy. I now will have to set up an appointment with my doctor to get a prescription for it. I will still have to show ID and sign for it.

These new laws are ridiculous. They havent and wont slow the meth epidemic any more than gun laws prevent crimes.
Once again the average law abiding citizen is punished for the criminals actions.

Another knee jerk law from a knee jerk country. Im sure it will benefit the children.

Cullion
2nd August 10, 04:11 PM
can't you just gradually cut down your meth use until all you want is a nice cold beer ?

SoulMechanic
2nd August 10, 04:16 PM
Christian crank is much better on your teeth and the only stimulant your soul will ever need my brother.

Ajamil
2nd August 10, 04:26 PM
I get free meth Claritin samples from nurse-mom if I ever need them. Hundreds of tiny, two-pill packets just laying in my bathroom cabinet.

Cullion
2nd August 10, 04:38 PM
You say you're not religious any more NOB, but it's clear to me that you worship at the gate of the secret garden.

SoulMechanic
2nd August 10, 04:39 PM
Are you saying NoB is a sickly wheelchair bound child?

Cullion
2nd August 10, 05:03 PM
It's the same thing dude.

Spade: The Real Snake
2nd August 10, 06:20 PM
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1998-05-28/news/suspects-of-convenience/

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1999-01-28/news/death-of-a-shopkeeper/

HappyOldGuy
2nd August 10, 09:10 PM
I'm surprised at you Stiffi, for not mentioning that meth precursors are commonly smuggled across the border from mexico (where you can lgeally buy the shit by the wheelbarrow)

Spade: The Real Snake
2nd August 10, 09:43 PM
I'm surprised at you Stiffi, for not mentioning that meth precursors are commonly smuggled across the border from mexico (where you can lgeally buy the shit by the wheelbarrow)

shhhh

i'm softening them up!

Dark Helmet
2nd August 10, 11:29 PM
Now to my problem. As of Jul 1. 2010 no residents of the state on Mississippi will be able to purchase any product containing ephedrine/pseudoephedrine without a prescription.
http://i.imgur.com/cowwD.jpg

SFGOON
3rd August 10, 12:11 AM
Now to my problem.
derpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpde rpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderp derpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpde rpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderp derpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpde rpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderp derpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpde rpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderp derpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpde rpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderp derpderpderpderpderp!!!!!
Another knee jerk law from a knee jerk country. Im sure it will benefit the children.

Except claratin contains loratadine, and not hydroxymethamphetamine, so you should still be able to buy it, just without the sudafed in it.

Shotgun Christening
3rd August 10, 05:12 AM
Except claratin contains loratadine, and not hydroxymethamphetamine, so you should still be able to buy it, just without the sudafed in it.

Doesnt work as well and the ephedrine/pseudoephedrine is in there as a non drowsy agent you dumbass. Thanks for the pharmacy lesson though.

SFGOON
3rd August 10, 11:58 AM
Yer the dumbass! Jes have a cup of coffee with the normal kind! You don't need no fuckin' andrenomimetic to not feel drousy, ya dildo!

Get off yer high horse, ya hear! I don't wanna hear no more bout how yer an adrenomimetic man, 'bout how you can't drink no coffee, but hydroxymethamphetamine is jes' fine!

SoulMechanic
3rd August 10, 02:53 PM
Slow your roll Goon. I think that was Oldman's way of admitting he has a problem. You get the duct tape and lube, I will get the holy water, enema bag and the priest outfits.

Kein Haar
3rd August 10, 03:02 PM
No salad shooter this time?

SoulMechanic
3rd August 10, 03:26 PM
Any other state in the union and we would nid. But Mississippi has some wacky laws.

Shotgun Christening
3rd August 10, 05:15 PM
Any other state in the union and we would nid. But Mississippi has some wacky laws.

Actually we do.

ICY
3rd August 10, 05:16 PM
I can buy ephedrine by the case at the local GNC.

PM me for prices and shipping details ;)

Or do like Goon said and if you don't like coffee...caffeine pills. Or taurine, which is cheaper than fuck and has the added benefit of increased anaerobic endurance.

Robot Jesus
6th August 10, 10:43 PM
at the local supplement shop they sell ephedrine by the flat. I wondered about the legality of offering a discount for 25 bottles.

SFGOON
7th August 10, 10:59 AM
I don't know that ephedrine has the correct chirality to yield dextrorotary methamphetamine. (The good kind.) Psuedoephedrine has the right "handedness" to make dextromethamphetamine.

Eh - I checked and there's some bumfuckery about D/L vs. d/l I don't understand.

Shotgun Christening
7th August 10, 11:06 AM
I don't know that ephedrine has the correct chirality to yield dextrorotary methamphetamine. (The good kind.) Psuedoephedrine has the right "handedness" to make dextromethamphetamine.

Eh - I checked and there's some bumfuckery about D/L vs. d/l I don't understand.

You sound like you have some experience in this field.

SFGOON
8th August 10, 11:38 AM
Not enough to tell D/L from d/l.

I'm pretty sure there's a WAY easier way to make methamphetamine than the methods yokels employ now. The kicker is that in my world, it would involve racemic or even D-phenylalanine. However, unmaking a carboxylic acid would be hard and require apelike precision, as well as stoichiometry beyond the grasp of humans.

Quikfeet509
13th August 10, 01:05 PM
I didn't think there was a difference between D/L and d/l.