PDA

View Full Version : Limited Government isn't Civil! (NAACP v Tea Party)

Ajamil
14th July 10, 05:17 AM
An exact quote I heard on NPR:

"They [selected persons of the NAACP] are racebaiters...they make more money off race than any slave trader ever did."

You ready? You ready?
http://www.ourkitchensink.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/mills-lane-lets-get-it-on.jpg

We can start off with a brief overview. (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/13/2081152/naacp-passes-resolution-on-racism.html)

NAACP passes anti-racism resolution

Late this afternoon the NAACP passed a resolution calling on all people — including tea party leaders — to condemn racism within the tea party movement.

Passed on the fourth day of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People’s annual convention in Kansas City, the resolution also urged people to oppose what it said was the tea party’s drive “to push our country back to the pre-civil rights era.”

“We feel it’s very important that we educate our membership about the tea parties,” said Anita Russell, head of the Kansas City branch of the NAACP, as the debate on the resolution began. “We are concerned that there is a racist element within the tea parties.”

Delegates said they wanted to make it clear, however, that the resolution wasn’t indicting the entire tea party movement as racist.

In response, the St. Louis Tea Party Coalition passed a resolution of its own, calling the NAACP resolution “a gutter tactic of attempting to silence opponents by inflammatory name-calling.”

The St. Louis resolution also called on the NAACP to withdraw its “bigoted, false and inflammatory resolution against the tea party.”

“The NAACP does its entire membership a grave disservice by hypocritically engaging in the very conduct it purports to oppose,” the resolution said, condemning the NAACP “for lowering itself to the dishonorable position of a partisan political attack dog organization.”

So both parties are now bigoted political machines. Well...DUH!!

But wait, we need more celebrity bullshit thrown in to make this really palatable. Sarah Palin weighs in before the statement is even released (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/07/naacp-tea-party-sarah-palin.html), still trying to break the record for president with the least experience. And on the other side? Well, Michelle Obama isn't technically responding or addressing this issue (http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2010/07/michelle_obama_in_naacp_speech.html), but I'm going to go ahead and say her speech at the convention was subtly calling the teabaggers fat.

Enough with the ring girls, already - I'm ready for trading blows! (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/13/naacp-passes-resolution-blasting-tea-party-racism-2/?fbid=m50CSv8V5tZ)

Washington (CNN) – The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has passed a resolution that condemns what it feels is rampant racism in the Tea Party movement. Members passed the measure on Tuesday at the NAACP's 101st annual convention being held in Kansas City, Missouri.
Tea Party activists have swiftly denounced the action as unfounded and unfair.
The resolution pits the nation's oldest civil rights organization, with a storied history of wins on behalf of racial justice, against a grassroots conservative movement that has won some recent political races and is flexing its muscle in Republican circles.
“We take no issue with the Tea Party. We believe in freedom of assembly and people raising their voices in a democracy,” NAACP President and CEO Ben Jealous said in a statement.
“We take issue with the Tea Party’s continued tolerance for bigotry and bigoted statements. The time has come for them to accept the responsibility that comes with influence and make clear there is no space for racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in their movement,” Jealous added.
Leaders of the conservative movement reacted to the NAACP action with swift and angry derision.

“I am disinclined to take lectures on racial sensitivity from a group that insists on calling black people, ‘Colored,’” Mark Williams, national spokesman of the Tea Party Express, told CNN. “The Tea Party [movement] is about the constitution of this country…[and] ensuring equality for each and every individual human being.”
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin talked about the resolution on Monday, before it passed, in a Fox News interview.
“It’s very unfortunate that they’re taking this tactic. Because it’s a false accusation that Tea Party Americans are racist,” Palin said. “Any good American hates racism, we don’t stand for it. It is unacceptable.”
But NAACP leaders feel there is ample evidence of racism to prove Palin and other Tea Party racism deniers wrong. Hilary Shelton is the NAACP director of its Washington bureau and senior vice-president for advocacy and policy. In an interview with CNN he laid out what the group feels is the proof.
“After observing Tea Party activities throughout the country – which culminated with the outrageous and racist behavior of Tea Party activists during the historic congressional vote to pass into law comprehensive healthcare legislation – the NAACP began more closely investigating the Tea Party. Specifically as it was reported to us that Tea Party activists spat on [Congressman] John Lewis, a veteran civil rights activist and associate to Dr. Martin Luther King, and called Congressman Emanuel Cleaver the 'N-word' and called [Congressman] Barney Frank … one of the first openly gay members of Congress, the "F-word," Shelton said.
Other claims from the NAACP: Tea Party activists have engaged in racist behavior, for example, by waving signs that degrade African-Americans and President Obama, in particular, and a number of activists think that issues of importance to African-Americans get too much attention.
Shelton told CNN that “rather than talking about the real issues of these incidents that have happened … [activists] wind up blaming the messenger.
“It seems like its denial ... that allows them to focus on themselves,” Shelton said.
Many Tea Party leaders have, in fact, publicly denounced elements of prejudice. During a May 6 interview on ABC’s daytime program, “The View,” Amy Kremer, current chairman of the Tea Party Express, pointedly looked into the camera and told any prejudiced followers, “This is not a racist movement. We don’t want you here. Go away if that’s what you’re about. We’re about the fiscal issues and about being American.”
Williams told CNN, “We’ve had these people show up on the fringes of our group … because we attract TV cameras. What these people all universally learn, the racist groups included, is that they’re not welcome.”
Other Tea Party leaders have also publicly spoken out against racism in their movement.
While Shelton acknowledged the effort from “a few” leaders, he told CNN that the level of repudiation is not stopping displays of racism from many Tea Party followers.
“Not only are some elements of the Tea Party movement being resistant to that [message of repudiation] but we’ve seen some elements acting out, in some cases, in a violently racist behavior. And that is what we want to see stop,” Shelton said.
Shelton cited the movement’s loose-knit patchwork of small, local groups that might not tow the line of Tea Party leaders.

A-ha! So there's the real problem. The NAACP isn't really concerned with the racist or bigoted stuff, they're just worried that the Tea Party doesn't have an iron grip on the opinions of its followers!

Shotgun Christening
14th July 10, 05:35 AM
Please....let the boo hoo shit stop. Black people are more liable to end up in prison than white people? Is that whiteys fault? No.

White people are also ten times more likely to have a complete family structure. Thats the key.

Obama and his wife are racist(typical white person, his words not mine, WTF does that mean?). They associte with racists(Jeremiah Wright), they protect racists(DOJ vs New Black Panthers). They are no better than David Duke or Robert Byrd.
The very name of the NAACP is racist. It wouldnt be allowed for whites, why do they get a free pass?
If Laura Bush had gone to talk to the NAAWP then there would have screams of RACIST WHITEY!!!!

We have/have had a Black President
Black Senators
Black Representatives.
Black Sec. of State
Black Sec of Defense
Black Supreme Court Justices
Black Mayors
Black Sheriffs
Black Generals
Black Governors

About every elected office in the US has had or has a Black person in it. I think its time people come to the reasonable conclusion that the only person holding Blacks back....are Blacks.

They are race baiters. They use race as a means of financial support. It cant be denied.

The United Negro College fund. You cant get any money from them unless you are black.
The TN state Rep Steve Cohen comes from a primarily black district. He asked to join the Congressional Black caucus. He was denied entry....why? Hes white.
Where was the outcry?

Ajamil
14th July 10, 06:05 AM
Having specifically stated bigoted goals is OK as long as the group you are advocating is perceived as not getting a fair shake.

NOW
MANAA
GLAAD
NAMBLA

If you stop seeing it as being about equality, and see it as power plays, then it's understandable why groups designed to help those who already have the advantages would be decried as racist.

Besides, they're called fraternities.

Edit: That's a terrible list of advocacy groups, but here's a better page to show Asian American advocacy. (http://www.asianamerican.net/organizations.html) MANAA seems more of a watchdog group than advocates.

Ragout
14th July 10, 06:14 AM
We have/have had a Black President

Technically he is only half black. I guess because he looks more black than he does white, blacks identify with him more than they would if Derek Jeter were President, who is also half black and half white.

The only way I think a full black person will be elected to the Presidency of the USA is if someone like Rick James, who is dead but has a white sounding name, or Slappy White, who is also dead but has "white" in his name is on the ballot. That way all the uninformed white people that vote will feel more comfortable randomly picking somebody they know nothing about, much in the way Obama was elected.

I will continue to call Obama the first half white President.

Kiko
14th July 10, 08:32 AM
Rags, I owe you rep for mentioning Slappy White!

Wounded Ronin
14th July 10, 09:21 AM
Wow, the NAACP brings home the bacon by picking someone to call racist. Who could have guessed this would happen?

Veneration of and fascination with victimhood is a bizarre and cancerous aspect of American society. I think it gets most of its steam from race hate groups and elite academically inclined young people who are mostly acting up against mommy and daddy.

jvjim
14th July 10, 10:23 AM
In America, if someone does something you don't like, or has an opinion that goes against your worldview, they're racist. My roommate's dog took a shit while I was walking it yesterday and I had to clean it up, what a racist. My buddy called me a homo for playing WoW, what a racist. My gym teacher in middle school made me scream real loud at his ass one time, what a racist.

Phrost
14th July 10, 10:45 AM
Hi, we're the NAACP. Please listen to us; we're still relevant.

No, seriously. Please?

EvilSteve
14th July 10, 11:12 AM
It's an organization allied to the Democratic party launching an ad-hominem attack against an organization which is allied with the Republican party (despite what they constantly claim).

I get my news by playing Illuminati: New World Order over and over again. Sadly, I find it no less accurate than MSNBC or FOX.

Shotgun Christening
14th July 10, 12:39 PM
Technically he is only half black.

Depends on your skin color. I live near Memphis, TN. To all of those people who drive around with Obama bumper stickers, hes black.
Of course, all those people with McCain bumper stickers think hes black too.

I guess because he looks more black than he does white, blacks identify with him more than they would if Derek Jeter were President, who is also half black and half white.

LOL

The only way I think a full black person will be elected to the Presidency of the USA is if someone like Rick James, who is dead but has a white sounding name, or Slappy White, who is also dead but has "white" in his name is on the ballot. That way all the uninformed white people that vote will feel more comfortable randomly picking somebody they know nothing about, much in the way Obama was elected.

I will continue to call Obama the first half white President.

Im Rick James bitch

Phrost
14th July 10, 03:18 PM
I'm going to start a line of bumperstickers. One will be black with white letters and read: "I voted for the Black half", and the other will be the reverse.

Spade: The Real Snake
14th July 10, 03:46 PM
I wonder what Kenneth Gladney thinks about all this, what with the NAACP calling him and Uncle Tom and all.

Ragout
14th July 10, 04:03 PM
I'm going to start a line of bumperstickers. One will be black with white letters and read: "I voted for the Black half", and the other will be the reverse.

You would either make a fortune or have a group of Black Panthers with nightsticks marching in front of your house.

Conde Koma
14th July 10, 04:43 PM
just curious, but are there any black people on sociocide around to weigh in on the subject?

14th July 10, 04:44 PM
just curious, but are there any black people on sociocide around to weigh in on the subject?

OOooooo

Sly.

VERY sly.

We see you working it.

Ajamil
14th July 10, 04:56 PM
You would either make a fortune or have a group of Black Panthers with nightsticks marching in front of your house.So you better order double of the black half ones.

Shotgun Christening
14th July 10, 05:33 PM
You would either make a fortune or have a group of Black Panthers with nightsticks lying in a heap in front of your house.

Fixed.

Shotgun Christening
14th July 10, 05:37 PM

Im African-American. I can say "black" because it isnt demeaning when I say it you whitey slave master cracker ass prick.

Ajamil
14th July 10, 05:38 PM
Forgot to sprinkle them with crack.

Shotgun Christening
14th July 10, 05:46 PM
Forgot to sprinkle them with crack.

Crack? Did someone say crack? Hail yahyah

http://i31.tinypic.com/donxbs.jpg

resolve
14th July 10, 06:20 PM
That man's face.... I must draw him!

It's like a statue, a big disapproving statue!

Shotgun Christening
14th July 10, 06:21 PM
That man's face.... I must draw him!

It's like a statue, a big disapproving statue!

Shes a looker aint she?

14th July 10, 06:22 PM
is that one of those people waiting for Lindsey Lohan in the joint?

Shotgun Christening
14th July 10, 06:26 PM
is that one of those people waiting for Lindsey Lohan to share a joint?

Fixed

14th July 10, 06:27 PM
Lohan's totally gonna keisterpack some ice

Shotgun Christening
14th July 10, 06:28 PM
Lohan's totally gonna keisterpack some ice

Ill pack it for her

14th July 10, 06:32 PM
you, presumably, have a penis and therefor are likely removed from the equation.

Shotgun Christening
14th July 10, 06:40 PM
you, presumably, have a penis and therefor are likely removed from the equation.

I have a cock. Penis' are for the average man.

14th July 10, 06:47 PM
true, that does seem to flow better with the words "uncircumcised hillbilly"

Robot Jesus
14th July 10, 06:58 PM
pathological victimhood has nothing to do with race

when something doesn't work out you have two choices, you can blame yourself or blame other; blaming others in more psychologically satisfying then blaming yourself.

when you blame others often a pattern forms. sometimes this is a reflection of reality, sometimes it's not. but the thought proses is the same.

Conde Koma
14th July 10, 08:28 PM
Im African-American. I can say "black" because it isnt demeaning when I say it you whitey slave master cracker ass prick.

What makes you think I'm white? Anyway, I was just curious because when I look through the MS Paint thread, 90% of the people seem to be white.

HappyOldGuy
14th July 10, 08:35 PM
I wonder what Kenneth Gladney thinks about all this, what with the NAACP calling him and Uncle Tom and all.

Given that he has been proved to be a lying scumbag who made up most of the event, I don't really care.

But Sharpton and jackson can choke on my dick too.

14th July 10, 11:15 PM
Given that he has been proved to be a lying scumbag who made up most of the event, I don't really care.

But Sharpton and jackson can choke on my dick too.
But the act of a rep of the NAACP calling him an "Uncle Tom" did exist and is on tape.

Shotgun Christening
15th July 10, 05:33 AM
true, that does seem to flow better with the words "uncircumcised hillbilly"

Dammit...there are no hills here.

What makes you think I'm white? Anyway, I was just curious because when I look through the MS Paint thread, 90% of the people seem to be white.

You type like a cracker. Your letters are white on a black background. This is a subconcious thing symbolising that you are better than blacks because the important part of the post is white. White on top, black on bottom.

I hate all your iotas.

But the act of a rep of the NAACP calling him an "Uncle Tom" did exist and is on tape.

Uncle Tom....he had a really nice cabin once.

Big Dozer
15th July 10, 09:55 AM
So what makes tha NAACP think they can speak for an entire race? There were black people in the Tea Party protests and I know plenty of black folks who dont like Obama. Hell my bro was a huge Obama supporter until Obama said it OK to join the KKK as long as you're doing it to get ahead in life.

Ajamil
15th July 10, 03:16 PM
When did he say that?

The NAACP have the right to voice their opinion on what is best for a section of society. How much they are relevant is shown by how much society lends them time, money, or attention. They have as much right as the Black Panthers, or the 4H club, or any other person or group who wishes to use the phrase "____ people" as a singular entity.

Shotgun Christening
15th July 10, 04:06 PM
When did he say that?

The NAACP have the right to voice their opinion on what is best for a section of society. How much they are relevant is shown by how much society lends them time, money, or attention. They have as much right as the Black Panthers, or the 4H club, or any other person or group who wishes to use the phrase "____ people" as a singular entity.

Bill Clinton said it at Byrds memorial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MfhvCTPflA&feature=related

Conde Koma
15th July 10, 05:25 PM
So what makes tha NAACP think they can speak for an entire race? There were black people in the Tea Party protests and I know plenty of black folks who dont like Obama. Hell my bro was a huge Obama supporter until Obama said it OK to join the KKK as long as you're doing it to get ahead in life.
Are they speaking for the entire race? I thought they were just calling on the TEA party to speak out against racists that exist in their organization.

HappyOldGuy
15th July 10, 08:00 PM

Hence the dick choking.

Shotgun Christening
16th July 10, 04:23 AM
Are they speaking for the entire race? I thought they were just calling on the TEA party to speak out against racists that exist in their organization.

I thought it was kind of funny since they wont call out the racists in their organization.

Oh wait....their black, they cant be racist.

Nevermind.

Phrost
16th July 10, 12:50 PM
NSFW language:
EAQU5Y-f-d8

Hedgehogey
18th July 10, 12:21 AM
Imma just leave this here (http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/07/a-final-thought/59924/)

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
18th July 10, 12:35 AM
i fucking love you

SFGOON
18th July 10, 12:38 AM
Oh dude, don't just post the link - post the fucking satirical letter from the head of the "Tea Party Express." 'Cuz holy fucking shit - he just made the NAACP look like prophets in their own time;

Dear Mr. Lincoln

We Coloreds have taken a vote and decided that we don't cotton to that whole emancipation thing. Freedom means having to work for real, think for ourselves, and take consequences along with the rewards. That is just far too much to ask of us Colored People and we demand that it stop!

In fact we held a big meeting and took a vote in Kansas City this week. We voted to condemn a political revival of that old abolitionist spirit called the 'tea party movement'.

The tea party position to "end the bailouts" for example is just silly. Bailouts are just big money welfare and isn't that what we want all Coloreds to strive for? What kind of racist would want to end big money welfare? What they need to do is start handing the bail outs directly to us coloreds! Of course, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is the only responsible party that should be granted the right to disperse the funds.

And the ridiculous idea of "reduce[ing] the size and intrusiveness of government." What kind of massa would ever not want to control my life? As Coloreds we must have somebody care for us otherwise we would be on our own, have to think for ourselves and make decisions!

The racist tea parties also demand that the government "stop the out of control spending." Again, they directly target coloreds. That means we Coloreds would have to compete for jobs like everybody else and that is just not right.

Perhaps the most racist point of all in the tea parties is their demand that government "stop raising our taxes." That is outrageous! How will we coloreds ever get a wide screen TV in every room if non-coloreds get to keep what they earn? Totally racist! The tea party expects coloreds to be productive members of society?

Mr. Lincoln, you were the greatest racist ever. We had a great gig. Three squares, room and board, all our decisions made by the massa in the house. Please repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments and let us get back to where we belong.

Sincerely

Precious Ben Jealous, Tom's Nephew
NAACP Head Colored Person

Shotgun Christening
18th July 10, 05:50 AM
An organisation whose only goal is to advance ONE race of people is racist. It is the very epitomy of the word.

Pot...kettle called. Youre black. (pun intended)

Shotgun Christening
18th July 10, 05:56 AM
LOL Rednecks.

http://i27.tinypic.com/1okhuw.jpg

Big Dozer
18th July 10, 07:10 AM
To many fuck heads ruin it for the rest of us. It truly pisses me off how many damn times I get called a racist.

I shave my head, I get called a racist. I do it becaust its summer time and I cant afford a real haircut.

I REALLY dont care for Obama. I think he is a tool, a pussy and a gigantic let down. I voted for him and have really regretted it.

I HATE Souljah Boi. God of all the music fads, I really hate that fucker. Doesnt make me racist. I REALLY hate Ke$ha as well. I hope they both die in a fire with rabies.

I even got called a racist because I didnt find A Death at a Funeral funny at all(amazing cast, POS script) I was told that I dont understand ethnic humor and I am a closeted racist....I smacked that idiot on the back of the head.

18th July 10, 11:11 AM
Nice "Man of Faith" with bible hat by the illiterate reddnexx

Hedley LaMarr
18th July 10, 11:31 AM
KIcAd8eqI0g

Big Dozer
18th July 10, 02:07 PM
KIcAd8eqI0g

OK, a lot of those are stupid. But the "Obama Spends Like a Woman" is gold. The Mr.T one made me laugh as well. But I really hate these people. I truly do. These idiots go around and act like they speak for every Christian out there. I dont like Obama because he spends money we dont have on stuff we dont need. Like this obesity bill I keep hearing about. watch the BS episode on obesity, they put the government BMI to the test and it fails miserably) But I would support a nonChristian president. I have no idea if Obama is really Christian and I dont care. Granted after he said its OK to be in the KKK as long as youre just doing it to get ahead in life, I am sure he would have no problem with claiming a religion to get votes. But I could care less. Also, the Kenya thing, lets drop it. Its just sad really. Its like the morons who still go on about the votes in the Bush/Gore election.

Also, whenever there is a president there will be a shit load of protesters. The majority of protesters(political views irrelevant) are idiots. This is because a person is smart, but people are stupid. If you have ever been to an anti-Bush protest and seen the signs, you know what I am talking about(NO I am NOT a Bush supporter) One of my personal favorites is "I dont need your war oil, I ride the bus" <---A lot of fail going on there. Also any idiot who wheres a Che Guevara T-Shirt at a world peace or anti-war rally... "I hate war, but I support murderers and war criminals!" Why the fuck are there no Ghandi or Martin Luther King Jr. T-Shirts?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
18th July 10, 02:11 PM
An organisation whose only goal is to advance ONE race of people is racist. It is the very epitomy of the word.

Pot...kettle called. Youre black. (pun intended)

No, it isn't.

Shotgun Christening
18th July 10, 05:25 PM
No, it isn't.

Fail.

Hedley LaMarr
18th July 10, 05:26 PM
No, it isn't.
What do you consider racist then?

HappyOldGuy
18th July 10, 06:30 PM
What do you consider racist then?

Wanting more than equality for your group.

Big Dozer
18th July 10, 06:47 PM
I just think its a little messed up that we can have groups and say, Black only, Asians only, Mexicans only. But if I were to make a club or organization and say "Whites Only" then I would be called a racist.

HappyOldGuy
18th July 10, 06:51 PM
I just think its a little messed up that we can have groups and say, Black only, Asians only, Mexicans only. But if I were to make a club or organization and say "Whites Only" then I would be called a racist.

White people already have their share of the pie (and more). So yes, forming a group to give them a bigger share would make you a racist.

How is this hard to understand?

Hedley LaMarr
18th July 10, 06:58 PM
White people already have their share of the pie (and more). So yes, forming a group to give them a bigger share would make you a racist.

Why must a group for white people necessarily be out for more of the "pie"? What if this hypothetical group was just out to promote the culture of white people?

Big Dozer
18th July 10, 06:58 PM

:bssign: It isnt equality if we say that others can no longer have anything because of what their ancestors did. Punishing a group of people because of what their ancestors did is just wrong. You know there is another group who went out to punish people for what their ancestors did, they were called the Nazis...

Also, I am an honorary black guy. Where does this leave me?

Ajamil
18th July 10, 07:20 PM
You know who else punished people for what their ancestors did? God. You saying God is racist?

Well, yes. Yes He is - hell He even told a race they were his favorite. OK bad example.

Look, if white people want ethnic clubs, then it has to be something defined as other than "white." You can have Irish only, or Germans only, or English only, or Russian or whatever, but not "white." And if you want white American culture preserved, well then you'd have to describe to me what white American culture is that you're preserving - and doesn't already have a holiday reserved for it.

HappyOldGuy
18th July 10, 07:21 PM
:bssign: It isnt equality if we say that others can no longer have anything because of what their ancestors did. Punishing a group of people because of what their ancestors did is just wrong. You know there is another group who went out to punish people for what their ancestors did, they were called the Nazis...

What punishment. Please be specific.

So I can laugh at you.

Also, I am an honorary black guy. Where does this leave me?

Depends if the cops know about your honorary status.

HappyOldGuy
18th July 10, 07:24 PM
Why must a group for white people necessarily be out for more of the "pie"? What if this hypothetical group was just out to promote the culture of white people?

I am opposed to anything that promotes miracle whip.

However, most of those "black/hispanic/asian/etc" only groups (which almost never are btw) exist specifically to work on remedying the remnants of historic prejudice.

Big Dozer
18th July 10, 07:25 PM
You know who else punished people for what their ancestors did? God. You saying God is racist?

Well, yes. Yes He is - hell He even told a race they were his favorite. OK bad example.

Look, if white people want ethnic clubs, then it has to be something defined as other than "white." You can have Irish only, or Germans only, or English only, or Russian or whatever, but not "white." And if you want white American culture preserved, well then you'd have to describe to me what white American culture is that you're preserving - and doesn't already have a holiday reserved for it.
Valid point. Well the second part, first part is over turned in the New Testament, somewhere in Romans. Make no mistake I believe that everyone should be proud of where they came from. But the way Oldman puts it is that Black people should excel by putting others down. I think thats bullshit. Also Old guy, where does that leave me? I am adopted by a black family, does that mean that I get a free pass for being white?

Hedley LaMarr
18th July 10, 07:49 PM

No, I'm talking about white culture. What if I want to preserve propane grills, apple cobbler, watching football, and owning hundreds of power tools I will never actually use. Very few people refer to me on the street as "Scottish" or "Welsh" or "American". When I walk by, people call me "that white guy" or "whitey". Why should I have to look into my ethnic roots? Why can't I just assume that all white people have a similar origin and refer to myself as a "European American"? Who cares that my ancestry is mainly British and Scottish, I want to where wooden shoes, drink champagne and eat pizza and spaghetti and meatballs because that's what all Europeans do.

HappyOldGuy
18th July 10, 08:01 PM
Also Old guy, where does that leave me? I am adopted by a black family, does that mean that I get a free pass for being white?

I don't know. It's an interesting question. Do you have black brothers or sisters? Do you talk about your experiences seeing and being seen in the world?

Ajamil
18th July 10, 08:12 PM
Why can't I just assume that all white people have a similar origin and refer to myself as a "European American"? Who cares that my ancestry is mainly British and Scottish, I want to where wooden shoes, drink champagne and eat pizza and spaghetti and meatballs because that's what all Europeans do.We have that. It's a spin-off of Oktoberfest. See? The "k" means European. We also have free Shakespeare in the park. My mother just informed me the ferrying of relatives to her house is so they can attend "a tea."

Hedley LaMarr
18th July 10, 08:18 PM
We have that. It's a spin-off of Oktoberfest. See? The "k" means European. We also have free Shakespeare in the park. My mother just informed me the ferrying of relatives to her house is so they can attend "a tea."
That's a start, but I want more dammit. I want a radio station dedicated to European music made by bands that use authentic European instruments such as accordians and bagpipes and pianos and all the dancers where clogs. I want European themed clubs where me and my crew can gather and listen to said music and dancing the way Europeans do, in large concentric circles while wearing wooden clogs with taps on them and making sure that only our feet move. I would also like October to be named "European Awareness Month"

Big Dozer
18th July 10, 08:28 PM
I don't know. It's an interesting question. Do you have black brothers or sisters? Do you talk about your experiences seeing and being seen in the world?

I guess. I mainly joke. You have no idea how funny this predicament is! I am tired of the Brad and Angelina jokes. Every time those idiots think they're so original. But this was always fun in high school:

Random Person: "Are you Coach Johnson's Son?"

Me: "Yes, why?"

Random Person: "Are you adopted?"

Me: "No, why do you ask?"

Random Person: "But, you're white..."

(I shockingly look at my hand)

Me: "OH MY GOD! YOU'RE RIGHT! WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME!?!"

That just got funnier every time.

Ajamil
18th July 10, 08:48 PM
I want a radio station dedicated to European music made by bands that use authentic European instruments such as accordians and bagpipes and pianos and all the dancers where clogs.NPR classical music.
I want European themed clubs where me and my crew can gather and listen to said music and dancing the way Europeans do, in large concentric circles while wearing wooden clogs with taps on them and making sure that only our feet move.Contra Dancing is quite fun and popular.

I would also like October to be named "European Awareness Month"I'll see what I can do.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
18th July 10, 08:52 PM
Fail.

Are you saying that blacks aren't the victims of racism?

I'm not aware of any organizations that are Black, Asian, or Mexican only; I don't think the NAACP has a problem with letting you join.

On the other hand, the Ambercrombie & Fitch/Hollister conglomerate are well known for only hiring attractive white people.

Big Dozer
19th July 10, 03:18 AM
The Asian Coalition wouldnt let me join.

bob
19th July 10, 04:07 AM
I think it's time the NBA let some white people play for a change.

Big Dozer
19th July 10, 04:27 AM
Ah basketball a cruel mistress. Really like the game, but damn do I suck at it. Used to piss people off in P.E too."Lets pick the tall kid, he will be good..." Oh how wrong they were :(

Shotgun Christening
19th July 10, 05:12 AM
None of my ancestors owned slaves. So why am I being held responsible for it.
What about the whites that helped escaped slaves? Do they get a pass?

No, we are all guilty according to some. I think that since blacks are responsible for a large piece of the "crime pie" that I should get restitution to make up for the tax money that they soak up in policing them, and housing them.

I'm not aware of any organizations that are Black, Asian, or Mexican only;

Congressional Black Caucus
Miss Black America
United Negro College Fund
National Society of Black Engineers

I could go on but why bother?

Are you saying that blacks aren't the victims of racism?

Are you saying that whites arent either?

Should we be up in arms over this stuff like they would be if a white guy said this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpGkeyJsg1M&feature=related

EvilSteve
19th July 10, 08:27 AM

Yes- because if white people and black people keep fighting, they'll be too busy to go after the rich people.

EvilSteve
19th July 10, 08:56 AM
And Tea Party Express finally axed Mark Williams. I have to say, that while I don't think the Tea Party is a racist organization per se, I do find it amusing (read: revolting) that neither they, and especially not the GOP will even acknowledge, let alone condemn racist elements in the Tea Party for fear of alienating potential voters.

Shotgun Christening
19th July 10, 11:51 AM
And Tea Party Express finally axed Mark Williams. I have to say, that while I don't think the Tea Party is a racist organization per se, I do find it amusing (read: revolting) that neither they, and especially not the GOP will even acknowledge, let alone condemn racist elements in the Tea Party for fear of alienating potential voters.

Just because someone says they are in the "Tea Party" doesnt mena they are. It isnt really a cohesive party.
the Democrats have just as many racists as the GOP but the Dems racists are black so no can call them on it.

EvilSteve
19th July 10, 12:43 PM
I think it's fair to say that Mark Williams was in the Tea Party, given that he was the head of Tea Party Express and all. And they'll fire him for being a PR nightmare, and they'll have an anti-racism summit to tout how many black members they have, but no one from within the Tea Party or GOP that I have heard has actually condemned racist signs / words / sentiment in the party itself.

And I think that's because they need a voting bloc, and calling out racism on the part of its members would be about as threatening to party unity as pointing out that Obama isn't in fact a socialist and the only difference between him and Bush is the wedge issues he ran on- none of which he's really done much about.

Big Dozer
19th July 10, 02:13 PM
Just because someone says they are in the "Tea Party" doesnt mena they are. It isnt really a cohesive party.
the Democrats have just as many racists as the GOP but the Dems racists are black so no can call them on it.

I would like to point out that Obama himself said that its OK to be in the KKK if youre only doing it to get ahead in life.

Its shit like this that makes me feel stupid for voting for that fucking tool.

Conde Koma
19th July 10, 02:15 PM
oldman, is your argument that the TEA party should be allowed to have racists since other organizations have racists?

EuropIan
19th July 10, 02:16 PM
EimzRxxZcXU

Big Dozer
19th July 10, 03:08 PM
There is a lot of fail on both arguments of that debate.

As for the monkey thing. People made a lot of chimp comments about Bush. A LOT. There is even a video game about a monkey being president. There are racist at the Tea Party protests. But I get how they arent an organization though. Also, isnt this NAACP telling people what they cant say against the freedom of speech?

Hedgehogey
19th July 10, 03:37 PM
Also, isnt this NAACP telling people what they cant say against the freedom of speech?

I'm going to quote this forever.

19th July 10, 03:41 PM
lol (http://www.breitbart.tv/video-proof-the-naacp-awards-racism/)

Ajamil
19th July 10, 03:48 PM
I would like to point out that Obama himself said that its OK to be in the KKK if youre only doing it to get ahead in life.I believe HOG (was oldman, srry) said Clinton said this, not Obama. I think he sourced it, but I'll look around.

He linked to this.
3MfhvCTPflA

Where did Obama say you can join the KKK to get ahead?

SFGOON
19th July 10, 03:54 PM
Also, isnt this NAACP telling people what they cant say against the freedom of speech?

It's about as unconstitutional as making your kids go to church - against freedom of religion!

Or keeping Jr. High kids from writing on bathroom walls - against freedom of the press!

Point being, it's the government that can't impinge on free speech. The NAACP absolutely can condemn then Tea Party for harboring racist sentiments.

Ironically, this right stems from the same "Freedom of Speech" which you're referring to.

You need to be careful with the kinds of assertions you make around here.

Frankly, you're lucky Hedgehogey didn't put that in his sigline.

Ajamil
19th July 10, 04:12 PM
hpGkeyJsg1M

This guy is great! He's like a slightly better speaking Uncle Ruckus with no bad eye.

Big Dozer
19th July 10, 04:37 PM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/clinton-obama-defend-byrds-ku-klux-klan-membership.html

Obama agreed with Clinton after Clinton said it.

I dont like racists. I especially hate Skinheads. Those guys are SO fucking stupid. But whether you agree or disagree with what they are protesting it is their right.

I dont care for the folks who protest using dead fetuses, I think its really disgusting. I also HATE those anti war assholes who show pics of dead soldiers. But as much as I hate it, its sadly their right.

19th July 10, 04:42 PM
To spare you from being savaged......I will be the first to suggest finding sourcing other then "Prison Planet"

and that includes not using Info Wars, too.

Big Dozer
19th July 10, 04:47 PM
I googled "Obama KKK" and that came up. Looked legit.

19th July 10, 04:50 PM
Alex Jones is kind of known as being a nutty hard-right conspiracy theorist

Big Dozer
19th July 10, 04:54 PM
Who is Alex Jones?

19th July 10, 04:56 PM
http://www.wreckthetapedeck.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/kanye-west-facepalm.jpg

Big Dozer
19th July 10, 05:04 PM
5ryrK-zQEX4

Googled and found that. I dont do political radio or talk shows. The only guy I have ever bothered listening to has been Savage, not for his politics, but because I find him entertaining. Rush, Beck and O'Reilly annoy me. These political talk show types always seem to reach for things to bitch about. Like when Beck called WWE unAmerican for having a PPV called "The Great American Bash" WWE does more work for our troops than most. O'Reilly trying to get UFC shut down was stupid. The idiocy of Rush would take all day to name.

Oh and I remember there was a big uproar about Biden calling a waiter (who made a sarcastic comment) a "smartass". I dont care for Biden, but youre reaching if you think calling somebody a smartass for back talking you is a horrific ordeal...

Hedley LaMarr
19th July 10, 05:45 PM
Oh and I remember there was a big uproar about Biden calling a waiter (who made a sarcastic comment) a "smartass". I dont care for Biden, but youre reaching if you think calling somebody a smartass for back talking you is a horrific ordeal...
This is what makes Biden the greatest vice president ever. He is just going around telling it like it is. I wish Obama would give Biden an RV and just send him around the country having adventures and telling people off. Hell, that should be the official job of the vice president. I'm contacting my congressmen.

HappyOldGuy
19th July 10, 08:55 PM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/clinton-obama-defend-byrds-ku-klux-klan-membership.html

Obama agreed with Clinton after Clinton said it.

I dont like racists. I especially hate Skinheads. Those guys are SO fucking stupid. But whether you agree or disagree with what they are protesting it is their right.

I dont care for the folks who protest using dead fetuses, I think its really disgusting. I also HATE those anti war assholes who show pics of dead soldiers. But as much as I hate it, its sadly their right.

That's a pretty fucking ridiculous interpretation of what they actually said. I would translate it as "if you joined the Klan 50 years ago at a time when everybody you knew was in it and then spent the intervening years apologizing and trying to make up for it, then it might be okay not to say mean things about you at your funeral."

Big Dozer
20th July 10, 04:50 AM
This is what makes Biden the greatest vice president ever. He is just going around telling it like it is. I wish Obama would give Biden an RV and just send him around the country having adventures and telling people off. Hell, that should be the official job of the vice president. I'm contacting my congressmen.

2 things:

1. I am not a Biden fan, but the guy was being human. Plus, Biden has always been known for his big mouth. This was tame compared to some of his previous statements.

2. I am a young guy, this was the first election I got to vote in. But Cheney show a lawyer. I dont know if that puts him in the top spot, but he has got to be in the running lol.

Shotgun Christening
20th July 10, 05:20 AM
oldman, is your argument that the TEA party should be allowed to have racists since other organizations have racists?

No, Im saying that calling out the racists in the Tea Party is a hypocritical thing for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People to do.

Its politically motivated. Purely.

Has the NAACP condemend Malik Shabazz for saying....

a3MbqupVxMY

I havent heard them.

Do you see any difference between these guys and Shabazz?

tn_42PGV8mc&feature

I dont.

Shotgun Christening
20th July 10, 05:26 AM

You have to do more research before you post.

ZbfafYesYcc

Shotgun Christening
20th July 10, 05:45 AM
That's a pretty fucking ridiculous interpretation of what they actually said. I would translate it as "if you joined the Klan 50 years ago at a time when everybody you knew was in it and then spent the intervening years apologizing and trying to make up for it, then it might be okay not to say mean things about you at your funeral."

No...it speaks for a persons character. He was an active member of the Klan when he was in his 50's.

How come Harry Reid gets a pass?

FgQsRIANKUk&feature

Maybe Byrd gets to say nigger?

0FIBJt-c2o0&feature

How about this hypocrisy?

Ss5lYtVvZ9w&feature

Ajamil
20th July 10, 06:42 AM
Reid and Byrd apologized. Although I'd love to know what he meant by a "white nigger." Is that trailer trash?

They all apologized, but we're still waiting for the Tea Party movement to even admit that there's racism in their crowd.

EvilSteve
20th July 10, 08:12 AM
lol (http://www.breitbart.tv/video-proof-the-naacp-awards-racism/)

Yeah, she got her ass shitcanned promptly after that came out. Plus, the NAACP threw her under the bus to boot, with Ben Jealous (sp?) publicly saying he was "disgusted" by her actions.

Big Dozer
20th July 10, 04:02 PM
You have to do more research before you post.

ZbfafYesYcc

Sorry, I heard it was a waiter. Still its the same situation. Guy made a sarcastic comment, got called a smartass. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Reid and Byrd apologized. Although I'd love to know what he meant by a "white nigger." Is that trailer trash?

They all apologized, but we're still waiting for the Tea Party movement to even admit that there's racism in their crowd.

They did admit it and said they dont approve of it. It was on that little debate video posted a few pages back. But as they pointed out in the same video, the Tea Party is NOT an organization.

20th July 10, 04:44 PM
Yeah, she got her ass shitcanned promptly after that came out. after it came out, she was put on Administrative Leave, suggested she resign, then demanded she text in her resignation all within a matter of minutes over two phone calls while she was in her car.
Not after it was known this was said, but after it was publicized.

Plus, the NAACP threw her under the bus to boot, with Ben Jealous (sp?) publicly saying he was "disgusted" by her actions.
well, it DID take them a year to do it.
cuz she spoke in July 2009 and it wasn't until it got airplay that everyone found a little righteous indignation.
cuz I sure heard some chuckling and laughing on the video

Ajamil
20th July 10, 04:56 PM
Funny, says on this site they are a non-profit organization.
https://www.jointheteaparty.us/

And on this site they have a mission statement.
http://www.teapartypatriots.org/

And if they aren't an organization, who are they sending money to in California and Texas?
http://teaparty.org/donate.html

How are they not a political organization? If you really want to use the debate shown earlier, then the obvious counter to the "there is no leader of the Tea Party - we are all leaders," is that since everyone in the movement is the leader, everyone is responsible for decrying the racism in it. Since I haven't heard that either, then they are still racist.

Big Dozer
20th July 10, 05:03 PM
I dont know. Good question. I will email them.

But you have three different websites claiming to be the official Teaparty website. As said in the video I referred to "The Tea Party is not an organization, but many small groups coming together". Each of those sites could be a completely different group. But I will email all three and if/when they email me back I will post it. Also they said in the video that the vast majority of the Tea Party disapproves of those protesters and the main speakers ask them to leave. I believe that the NAACP would agree that judging an entire group by a few bad apples is wrong.

I just emailed https://www.jointheteaparty.us/ and this is what they sent me:

http://www.jointheteaparty.us/images/certificate.jpg

I asked them if they could explain why Mark Williams went on CNN claiming that Tea Party is in no way an organization, when their website says they are a non-profit organization...Well site #1 is a bunch of fuck heads.

Part of the mission statement for site #2

Tea Party Patriots, Inc. as an organization believes in the Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government, and Free Markets. Tea Party Patriots, Inc.

Arj, thank you for this. I want to know WTF is going on.

Site #3. I emailed every single contact they have listed and everyone came back as a fake email.

After going through the websites I was quite confused. So I thought I should email Mark Williams site as well. I informed them of my findings and of how all three sites claim to be the official site and all three claim the Tea Party is an organization. I then asked if they knew the true Tea Party official site.

P.S. This might be premature, but I am calling bullshit on site # 1 and Site #3. Their entire site is about selling shit and becoming an official member. Its like eco credits. These morons are selling stuff to dumber morons just so they san feel better about themselves. As I stated in the Prius thread, I hate douchebag bumper stickers, political views irrelevant.

HappyOldGuy
20th July 10, 10:15 PM
after it came out, she was put on Administrative Leave, suggested she resign, then demanded she text in her resignation all within a matter of minutes over two phone calls while she was in her car.
Not after it was known this was said, but after it was publicized.

well, it DID take them a year to do it.
cuz she spoke in July 2009 and it wasn't until it got airplay that everyone found a little righteous indignation.
cuz I sure heard some chuckling and laughing on the video
And then of course it came out that the video was edited to fuck and back (http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/20/agriculture.employee.naacp/index.html?video=true?video=true&hpt=T1).

I guess people didn't learn from Acorn (http://coloradoindependent.com/50559/calif-attorney-general-acorn-committed-no-criminal-acts).

Oh wait, you thought that was a true story?

Ajamil
20th July 10, 10:35 PM
The National Tea Party Foundation expelled Williams' organization from its coalition as a result. A coalition? I wonder if this is the main "head" of the Tea Party.

SFGOON
20th July 10, 10:39 PM
Yeah, referencing the above, I actually posted the CNN story of the libel on my facebook. It appears the Tea Party released a heavily edited video of that woman's statement to conservative outlets who then broadcast it without vetting the source. She lost her job as a result.

That was some incredibly dirty shit right there.

When you have to lie to make a point, you don't have a point to begin with. These are the caliber of people who want to put politicians in office.

Big Dozer
21st July 10, 02:15 AM
CNN has been known to edit videos. Like when they edited an interview with prowrestler John Cena to make it look like he admitted to using steroids and WWE allowed it. Then TMZ showed the uncut version and CNN claimed it was for time reasons...Bullshit.

jointheteaparty.us answered with this:

thank you for your inquiry.

Great question by the way. The tea party is a movement not a single
organization. It is made up of hundreds of organizations and millions of
Americans supporting it. Our non profit organization JoinTheTeaParty.us is
the national recruiting engine for the tea party movement. Mark Williams is
part of the tea party express which is a separate organization. Together we
all make up the "Tea Party" movement. It is grass roots in nature therefore
there is not just one organization or just one leader.

Hope that cleared it up for you.

Have a great day and week and thanks again for your inquiry.

Sincerely,

Todd Cefaratti
Executive Director
JoinTheTeaParty.us
Has made some good points, but didnt really answer the question. I still dont like his site, seems like some crap to me.

I also think that the NAACP should distance themselves from groups like the New Black Panthers. The New Black Panther Party is identified by the ADL and the SPLC as a hate group. Even the former members of the original Black Panther Party (Founded in 1966, the New Black Panther Party was founded in 1989) do NOT approve of the NBPP. Among these was Robert F. Williams former President of the NAACP North Carolina chapter. NAACP has lost a lot of its integrity over the years. You cant talk of Dr. King and then approve of voter intimidation. If you dont think that the NAACP has gone astray from their cause, listen to Martin Luther King's Drum Major speech. Also if you can find it, read Negroes With Guns.

Ajamil
21st July 10, 04:42 AM
I also think that the NAACP should distance themselves from groups like the New Black Panthers.

NAACP has lost a lot of its integrity over the years. Absolutely agree with both statements, and I would add both reverends to the first statement, but they have a celebrity following the NAACP won't give up any time soon.

Shotgun Christening
21st July 10, 04:49 AM
And then of course it came out that the video was edited to fuck and back (http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/20/agriculture.employee.naacp/index.html?video=true?video=true&hpt=T1).

Did she or did she not say she didnt help the white farmer to the full extent of her power? Yes she did.

EuropIan
21st July 10, 06:49 AM
http://openparachute.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/quote-mining-fundie-quote-mining-fallacy-demotivational-poster-1211866892.jpg

Hedley LaMarr
21st July 10, 08:15 AM
The vid was made by Andrew Breitbart. Here's a CNN article about the debacle.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/07/21/agriculture.employee.usda/index.html

A black former Agriculture Department official who resigned under pressure after a video clip surfaced of her discussing a white farmer said Wednesday the agency's decision to review her case is "bittersweet," but said she isn't sure she would accept her job back if it is offered. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said early Wednesday that he will review the case of Shirley Sherrod, who resigned Monday after the video clip first appeared on a conservative website and later on Fox News.
In the video, Sherrod, the former USDA director of rural development for Georgia, seems to tell an audience at an NAACP function in March that she did not do her utmost to help a white farmer avoid foreclosure.
However, Sherrod later said the clip only shows part of her comments, and that she tells the story of her experience -- from nearly a quarter century ago when she was not a federal employee -- to illustrate the importance of moving beyond race.
"I am, of course, willing and will conduct a thorough review and consider additional facts to ensure to the American people we are providing services in a fair and equitable manner," Vilsack said in a statement.
The USDA's decision is "bittersweet," Sherrod told CNN's "American Morning" on Wednesday.
"If they had just taken the time to -- even without looking at the tape -- to look at me, to look at what I've stood for, to look at what I've done since I've actually been at the department, I don't think they would have been so quick to do what they did and so insistent," she said. "... To now come back and say, 'Well, we're willing to look at this,' it definitely is a little bittersweet."
var currExpandable = "expand17"; if(typeof CNN.expandableMap === 'object') { CNN.expandableMap.push(currExpandable); } var currExpandableHeight = 360; http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/3.0/mosaic/bttn_close.gif
http://www.cnn.com/video/politics/2010/07/21/am.shirley.sherrod.interview.cnn.640x360.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/video/politics/2010/07/21/am.shirley.sherrod.interview.cnn.640x360.jpgVideo: 'I worked for fairness' var mediaObj = new Object(); mediaObj.type = 'video'; mediaObj.contentId = ''; mediaObj.source = '/video/politics/2010/07/21/am.shirley.sherrod.interview.cnn'; mediaObj.source = mediaObj.source.replace('/video/','');
mediaObj.lgImage = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('src'); mediaObj.lgImageX = 640; mediaObj.lgImageY = currExpandableHeight; mediaObj.origImageX = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('width'); mediaObj.origImageY = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('height'); mediaObj.contentType = 'Video'; CNN.expElements.expand17Store = mediaObj; var currExpandable = "expand27"; if(typeof CNN.expandableMap === 'object') { CNN.expandableMap.push(currExpandable); } var currExpandableHeight = 360; http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/3.0/mosaic/bttn_close.gif
http://www.cnn.com/video/us/2010/07/21/ac.sherrod.spooner.intv.cnn.640x360.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/video/us/2010/07/21/ac.sherrod.spooner.intv.cnn.640x360.jpgVideo: Farmer on Sherrod criticism var mediaObj = new Object(); mediaObj.type = 'video'; mediaObj.contentId = ''; mediaObj.source = '/video/us/2010/07/21/ac.sherrod.spooner.intv.cnn'; mediaObj.source = mediaObj.source.replace('/video/','');
mediaObj.lgImage = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('src'); mediaObj.lgImageX = 640; mediaObj.lgImageY = currExpandableHeight; mediaObj.origImageX = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('width'); mediaObj.origImageY = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('height'); mediaObj.contentType = 'Video'; CNN.expElements.expand27Store = mediaObj; var currExpandable = "expand37"; if(typeof CNN.expandableMap === 'object') { CNN.expandableMap.push(currExpandable); } var currExpandableHeight = 360; http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/3.0/mosaic/bttn_close.gif
http://www.cnn.com/video/us/2010/07/21/ac.jealous.naacp.sherrod.reax.cnn.640x360.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/video/us/2010/07/21/ac.jealous.naacp.sherrod.reax.cnn.640x360.jpgVideo : NAACP pres. explains reaction var mediaObj = new Object(); mediaObj.type = 'video'; mediaObj.contentId = ''; mediaObj.source = '/video/us/2010/07/21/ac.jealous.naacp.sherrod.reax.cnn'; mediaObj.source = mediaObj.source.replace('/video/','');
mediaObj.lgImage = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('src'); mediaObj.lgImageX = 640; mediaObj.lgImageY = currExpandableHeight; mediaObj.origImageX = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('width'); mediaObj.origImageY = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('height'); mediaObj.contentType = 'Video'; CNN.expElements.expand37Store = mediaObj; var currExpandable = "expand47"; if(typeof CNN.expandableMap === 'object') { CNN.expandableMap.push(currExpandable); } var currExpandableHeight = 360; http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/3.0/mosaic/bttn_close.gif
http://www.cnn.com/video/us/2010/07/20/bts.vilsack.sherrod.ga.controversy.cnn.576x324.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/video/us/2010/07/20/bts.vilsack.sherrod.ga.controversy.cnn.576x324.jpg Video: Who asked Sherrod to resign? var mediaObj = new Object(); mediaObj.type = 'video'; mediaObj.contentId = ''; mediaObj.source = '/video/us/2010/07/20/bts.vilsack.sherrod.ga.controversy.cnn'; mediaObj.source = mediaObj.source.replace('/video/','');
mediaObj.lgImage = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('src'); mediaObj.lgImageX = 640; mediaObj.lgImageY = currExpandableHeight; mediaObj.origImageX = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('width'); mediaObj.origImageY = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('height'); mediaObj.contentType = 'Video'; CNN.expElements.expand47Store = mediaObj; var cnnRelatedTopicKeys = []; RELATED TOPICS

cnnRelatedTopicKeys.push('U_S_Department_of_Agricu lture'); U.S. Department of Agriculture (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/U_S_Department_of_Agriculture)
cnnRelatedTopicKeys.push('Tom_Vilsack'); Tom Vilsack (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/Tom_Vilsack)
cnnRelatedTopicKeys.push('FOX_News_Network_LLC'); FOX News Network LLC (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/FOX_News_Network_LLC)

At the department, Sherrod said, "I didn't make a lot of noise. ... I worked for fairness for everyone."
Asked whether she would accept her job back if the USDA offered it, she said, "You know, I'm just not so sure at this point. I really wonder, in light of how I was treated over the last two days, just what that relationship would be like for the future. Can they move beyond this?"
In the video, Sherrod can be heard telling an audience at a March 27, 2010, appearance before a local chapter of the NAACP that she had not given a white farmer "the full force of what I could do" to help him save the family farm.
But later in the tape, in the portion not originally posted, Sherrod says, "working with (the farmer) made me see that it's really about those who have versus those who have not. They could be black. They could be white. They could be Hispanic."
The video initially brought condemnation from the NAACP, which later retracted its statement and apologized to Sherrod after the context of the clip became clear. Also, the farmer and his wife Sherrod was discussing, Roger and Eloise Spooner, came forward Tuesday, saying they credited Sherrod with helping them save their farm and that she did not discriminate against them.
The NAACP, which initially called Sherrod's statements "shameful," said in a statement Tuesday that it was "snookered by Fox News" and conservative website publisher Andrew Breitbart. Breitbart originally posted the video, which was quickly picked up by Fox News.
"Having reviewed the full tape by Shirley Sherrod, who is the woman who was fired by the Department of Agriculture, and most importantly heard the testimony of the white farmers mentioned in this story, we now believe that the organization that edited the documents did so with the intention of deceiving millions of Americans," the statement from NAACP President Benjamin Jealous said.
The organization had also urged Vilsack to reconsider Sherrod's resignation from her post.
Sherrod said Wednesday she accepted the NAACP apology and is "ready to move on."
Conservative media outlets tied the video to the NAACP's recent resolution calling on the Tea Party movement to repudiate racist elements within it that have displayed such items as images of President Barack Obama with a bone through his nose and the White House with a lawn full of watermelons. The controversy has led one Tea Party umbrella group to oust another because of a blog posting by the second group's leader.
Tea Party Express leader Mark Williams posted on his blog a faux letter from Jealous to President Abraham Lincoln in which Williams ridicules the organization's use of "colored" in its historic name and uses multiple stereotypes to bolster his point. The National Tea Party Foundation expelled Williams' organization from its coalition as a result.
Breitbart told CNN's "John King USA" on Tuesday that releasing the video was "not about Shirley Sherrod."
"This was about the NAACP attacking the Tea Party, and this is showing racism at an NAACP event," he said. "I did not ask for Shirley Sherrod to be fired."
Sherrod said Tuesday that she "went all out" to help the Spooners keep their farm in the 1986 incident, which occurred before she started working for USDA and was at the nonprofit Federation of Southern Cooperatives Land Assistance Fund. She said she resigned after receiving four phone calls Monday telling her the White House wanted her to step down.
"They asked me to resign, and in fact they harassed me as I was driving back to the state office from West Point, Georgia, yesterday," she said. The last call "asked me to pull to the side of the road and do it [resign]," she said.
However, Vilsack told CNN on Tuesday that he "didn't speak to anyone at the White House. ... I made this decision, it's my decision. Nobody from the White House contacted me about this at all."
A White House official also told CNN that "the White House did not pressure her or the USDA over the resignation. It was the secretary's decision, as he has said."
Obama was briefed on the situation after Vilsack decided to seek Sherrod's resignation, according to a White House official, who said the president fully supports the decision.
"I don't know what brought up the racist mess," Roger Spooner told CNN's "Rick's List" on Tuesday. "They just want to stir up some trouble, it sounds to me in my opinion."
Spooner says Sherrod accompanied him and his wife to a lawyer in Americus, Georgia, who was able to help them file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which ultimately saved their farm.
"If it hadn't been for her, we would've never known who to see or what to do," he said. "She led us right to our success."
Eloise Spooner remembered Sherrod as "nice-mannered, thoughtful, friendly; a good person."
She said that when she saw the story of the tape and Sherrod's resignation on television, "I said, 'That ain't right. They have not treated her right.' "
The poor-quality video shows Sherrod telling her audience that the farmer she was working with "took a long time ... trying to show me he was superior to me." As a result, she said, she "didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough."
To prove she had done her job, she said, she took him to a white lawyer. "I figured that if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him," she said.
But that lawyer failed to help, she said Tuesday. "I did not discriminate against [the farmer]. And, in fact, I went all out to frantically look for a lawyer at the last minute because the first lawyer we went to was not doing anything to really help him. In fact, that (first) lawyer suggested they should just let the farm go."
Sherrod, who was appointed to the USDA position in 2009, said she first heard of the possible controversy when someone e-mailed her Thursday to taunt her about her comments. She immediately forwarded the e-mail to the USDA so the agency would be aware. She was told that someone would look into it.
She said it wasn't until Monday that she heard back, and by then, she was being asked for her resignation.
Asked if she felt she had an opportunity to explain, Sherrod said, "No, I didn't. The administration, they were not interested in hearing the truth. No one wanted to hear the truth."
Vilsack said Tuesday that the controversy, regardless of the context of her comments, "compromises the director's ability to do her job."
"This isn't a situation where we are necessarily judgmental about the content of the statement, that's not the issue here. I don't believe this woman is a racist at all," he said. "She's a political appointee, and her job is basically to focus on job growth in Georgia, and I have deep concern about her ability to do her job without her judgments being second-guessed."
Ralph Paige, executive director of the Federation of Southern Cooperatives Land Assistance Fund, told CNN on Tuesday that Sherrod had garnered only praise during her time there and there were never any claims of discrimination against her.
"I can't praise Shirley enough," he said. "She holds no malice in her heart."
Vilsack said in a statement Monday he had accepted Sherrod's resignation, noting a "zero tolerance" policy for discrimination at the USDA. "I strongly condemn any act of discrimination against any person," he said.
The first statement that the NAACP issued late Monday backed Vilsack's decision.
"Racism is about the abuse of power. Sherrod had it in her position at USDA. According to her remarks, she mistreated a white farmer in need of assistance because of his race," Jealous said. "We are appalled by her actions, just as we are with abuses of power against farmers of color and female farmers."
But Tuesday evening, the NAACP said in another statement, "(Sherrod) was sharing this account as part of a story of transformation and redemption. In the full video, Ms. Sherrod says she realized that the dislocation of farmers is about 'haves and have nots.' 'It's not just about black people, it's about poor people,' says Sherrod in the speech. 'We have to get to the point where race exists but it doesn't matter.' "
Earlier Tuesday, Sherrod called the NAACP "the reason why this happened. They got into a fight with the Tea Party, and all of this came out as a result of that."
"When you spend your life helping others and see people try to turn that around to try to make it look like you're a racist when that's not been what your life has been about -- that doesn't feel good," she said.
Sherrod and her family were part of a lawsuit filed in 1997 against the Agriculture Department that charged it discriminated against black farmers by denying them timely loans or debt restructuring. Complaints of discrimination began piling up after the Reagan administration shut down the department's civil rights division in 1983, and the lawsuit covered the years between 1983 and 1997.
A district court judge eventually combined two such lawsuits into a class action, and the two sides reached a settlement in 1999. The agreement gave each plaintiff $50,000 plus loan forgiveness and tax offsets, provided the plaintiff met certain criteria (Track A), or the possibility of a larger amount by showing evidence of greater damages (Track B).
More than 22,000 farmers applied -- far more than the 2,000 expected -- and more than 13,000 were approved for the $50,000 award. Fewer than 200 farmers opted for the Track B process.
Sherrod and her husband were part of the lawsuit because of the land trust they started in the 1960s along with several other black families. Ultimately, their land trust -- New Communities -- was awarded $13 million, mostly for loss of land and loss of income and including $300,000 for the Sherrods, according to the Rural Development Leadership Network.
Vilsack, who is now the defendant in the lawsuit -- Pigford vs. Vilsack -- as final details are worked out, referred to the discrimination lawsuit and other similar suits in a statement announcing that he had accepted Sherrod's resignation.
"We have been working hard through the past 18 months to reverse the checkered civil rights history at the department and take the issue of fairness and equality very seriously," Vilsack said.

Here's how I understand this debacle TL;DR version:
NAACP calls the Tea Party movement. Tea Party bloggers search for vid to throw back at NAACP (poorly. They could have found better examples) and edit a sort-of bad sounding clip into a real fucker of a clip.

Moral of the story: don't trust bloggers, jackasses.

21st July 10, 10:36 AM

I guess people didn't learn from Acorn (http://coloradoindependent.com/50559/calif-attorney-general-acorn-committed-no-criminal-acts).

Oh wait, you thought that was a true story?
and the NAACP is refusing to release the unedited video.

Big Dozer
21st July 10, 11:28 AM
I havent seen the lawyers on these forums. But cant CNN get in legal trouble for editing videos like this?

EuropIan
21st July 10, 12:51 PM
I havent seen the lawyers on these forums. But cant CNN get in legal trouble for editing videos like this?
IANAL* but I would imagine since the video footage was received in good faith, the finger must be pointer at the maker.

I Am Not A Lawyer. also budsecks

BadUglyMagic
21st July 10, 01:28 PM
Sherrod and her family were part of a lawsuit filed in 1997 against the Agriculture Department that charged it discriminated against black farmers by denying them timely loans or debt restructuring.

Sherrod and her husband were part of the lawsuit because of the land trust they started in the 1960s along with several other black families. Ultimately, their land trust -- New Communities -- was awarded $13 million, mostly for loss of land and loss of income and including $300,000 for the Sherrods, according to the Rural Development Leadership Network. - Taken from the op

I think the above is much more interesting.

21st July 10, 01:35 PM
You have invoked the Sam Browning card which gives you a +5 in the law and a -5 in the lolz

EuropIan
21st July 10, 01:40 PM
Lucky for me, I already cast IANAL.

Shotgun Christening
21st July 10, 03:08 PM
and the NAACP is refusing to release the unedited video.

I watched the 43 minute video. Its up at the NAACP website. Assuming it wasnt doctored.

21st July 10, 03:37 PM
I watched the 43 minute video. Its up at the NAACP website. Assuming it wasnt doctored.
Perhaps now, then I am wrong.
Last I heard, they weren't releasing it.

Thanks.

plus you have more patience then I watching that 43 minute video........

Shotgun Christening
21st July 10, 04:47 PM
Perhaps now, then I am wrong.
Last I heard, they weren't releasing it.

Its ok. Im down with the blacks so they send me supertopsecretnegroshit

Thanks.

No....thank you.

plus you have more patience then* I watching that 43 minute video........

Better spelling too.

*than

EuropIan
22nd July 10, 12:23 AM
ptbuIme-iCc

Big Dozer
22nd July 10, 01:05 AM
Here is how it works. A Democrat does something bad. Fox news jumps all over it and MSNBC says that Fox is a bunch of right wing fuck heads.

A Republican does something bad. MSNBC jumps all over it and Fox News says that MSNBC is a bunch of Left wing fuck heads.

The honesty of it is that they are both fuck heads. I ranted in this thread once about Fox morons. But I watched a documentary on MSNBC on Gore. The news anchors went on and on what a great role model he is and how he sets and example. When I cant help but call Bullshit. Especially when they went cruising in his nice Denali.

Its all just Dirty Laundry.

SFGOON
22nd July 10, 02:20 AM
Yeah, but this time it involved an innocent bitch, and the chicanery was way too easy to discover.

It's one thing to be a fuck head. Fuck headism translates into political clout, and I would never back a politician who didn't have a little fuck head in him.

Getting caught over some egregiously retarded video editing because the NAACP called you racist and, instead of refuting them, you wanted to pull a "NO, U" out of your ass is worse than amateurish.

Shotgun Christening
22nd July 10, 05:35 AM
Yeah, but this time it involved an innocent bitch, and the chicanery was way too easy to discover.

It's one thing to be a fuck head. Fuck headism translates into political clout, and I would never back a politician who didn't have a little fuck head in him.

Getting caught over some egregiously retarded video editing because the NAACP called you racist and, instead of refuting them, you wanted to pull a "NO, U" out of your ass is worse than amateurish.

Didnt the White House overreact and fire her?

She was still guilty of what the NAACP would consider a heinous, racist act if the color roles were reversed.
I heard a lot of people in the audience saying "thats right" and "uh huh yeah" before they ever knew she was going to finish the story like she did.

There are obviously racists in the NAACP. So by the NAACPs logic, they are a racist organisation like they accuse the Tea Party of being since there is obviously a racist element in the NAACP.

Now before someone says "that was a long time ago and she is sorry". How come white people dont get to say "we are sorry for using you as slaves (irregardless of the fact that the largest slave owner in the South was black, their own people sold them to slave traders in Africa and the large majority of white people didnt own slaves) and sorry that you were denied basic civil liberties for decades" and all is forgiven?

They arent the only race in history to be slaves, but they seem to be the only race that cant move on.

Obama should call a stop to this shit. Hes the one that was supposed to heal the great race rift and bring us together. He seems to have divided us more. I said early on that having a black president would be like this. If you criticise him you get labeled a racist.

Ajamil
22nd July 10, 05:47 AM
I wish this would go away already. Lady was racist, told a story about it, and how she learned to (slightly) overcome it. Sounds bad even with the uncut version, but not enough for firing - maybe.

The real victory here is that the NAACP and the officials who fired her listened to Fox News and whoever that blogger is and reacting as if they spoke the truth.

Shotgun Christening
22nd July 10, 06:16 AM
I wish this would go away already. Lady was racist, told a story about it, and how she learned to (slightly) overcome it. Sounds bad even with the uncut version, but not enough for firing - maybe.

I think they were looking at the standpoint of "people are going to say that if a white man had done this at any point in his career we would have fired him" and right now the admin is in damage control as it is with white voters.

This was the motivation behind it all.

So by the NAACPs logic, they are a racist organisation like they accuse the Tea Party of being since there is obviously a racist element in the NAACP.

Big Dozer
22nd July 10, 08:54 AM
You see what we have here is both sides overeating. Which is an over flow of fuck headism, which as always results in a cluster fuck.You see politics is not about right or wrong. Its about popularity and to make things worse Obama is a rock star of a president.

Fox News sees a video(Keep in mind they never saw the original until later. But they should have done a retraction afterwords) Fox does what ANY news station would have done when they see a cut in who they see as their enemy. They go after it. Personally I have heard more racism come out of Joe Biden's mouth than any other politician, but for some reason nobody wants to admit that... But back on topic.

Obama (Just like everyone else) doesnt want to be uncool and so he immediately ditches the girl that the other side as deemed uncool. No investigation, just fires her.

I do find this funny though. We get mad at Obama because he fired this girl ASAP, but then we got mad at Bush because he stood by his staff.

SFGOON
22nd July 10, 08:31 PM
President Obama was in no way involved with her being dismissed. It was the director of the USDA office where she worked.

HappyOldGuy
22nd July 10, 08:55 PM
President Obama was in no way involved with her being dismissed. It was the director of the USDA office where she worked.

I wouldn't assume that. But I doubt it can be proven. The Obama admin is scared of a repeat of Acorn. They know that FOX's big lie strategy works.

You folks who are listening to the actual tape and judging this lady as a racist are mindfuckingly stupid.

Big Dozer
22nd July 10, 09:57 PM
I also love how Obama said he had a lengthy conversation with her and apologize. Now I am not a big talker, but the phone call lasted longer than 7 minutes. If they had a discussion to satisfy both parties in 7 minutes than I admire Obama's efficiency.

HappyOldGuy
22nd July 10, 09:59 PM
He has fluffers for the warmup.

He just comes on for the money shot.

Big Dozer
22nd July 10, 10:08 PM
I wonder if he broke out the teleprompter for the call or went old fashioned and used flash cards.

Ajamil
22nd July 10, 11:10 PM
You folks who are listening to the actual tape and judging this lady as a racist are mindfuckingly stupid.
How is she not racist?

SFGOON
22nd July 10, 11:58 PM
I also love how Obama said he had a lengthy conversation with her and apologize. Now I am not a big talker, but the phone call lasted longer than 7 minutes. If they had a discussion to satisfy both parties in 7 minutes than I admire Obama's efficiency.

He's really good!

Shotgun Christening
23rd July 10, 05:08 AM

So what part of what she said she did isnt racist?

Big Dozer
23rd July 10, 01:03 PM
When MSNBC interviewed the man she claimed to be a white supremacist, he seemed really nice to me. I know A LOT of racists. I dont think he was one. He seemed like a sweet old man. I believe that she just took a story of a white southerner and exaggerated the hell out of it to look cool at the NAACP. Which I wont foul her for. A lot of storytellers do that.

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
23rd July 10, 01:28 PM
When MSNBC interviewed the man she claimed to be a white supremacist, he seemed really nice to me. I know A LOT of racists. I dont think he was one. He seemed like a sweet old man.

Well thats all the proof I need.

Shotgun Christening
23rd July 10, 02:29 PM
When MSNBC interviewed the man she claimed to be a white supremacist, he seemed really nice to me. I know A LOT of racists. I dont think he was one. He seemed like a sweet old man.

The nice ones are what you should be worried about. The rednecks are easy to see and their plans easy to foil. The well dressed soft spoken ones you never see coming.

I believe that she just took a story of a white southerner and exaggerated the hell out of it to look cool at the NAACP. Which I wont foul her for. A lot of storytellers do that.

Doesnt matter. If that is what she has to say to look "cool" to that group then they are racists, the point that Breitbart was trying to prove is still valid.

Big Dozer
23rd July 10, 03:46 PM
Doesnt matter. If that is what she has to say to look "cool" to that group then they are racists, the point that Breitbart was trying to prove is still valid.

No argument there. I do believe that exaggerated the tale. I want some proof that that old man was the racist as well. Until I see such proof that he was the white supremacist she claimed. Then I will just see her as a good storyteller, trying to look cool for a crowd.

Big Dozer
23rd July 10, 03:49 PM
Well thats all the proof I need.

Proof you need of what? If you are calling me a racist then youre way off. Dude, I was adopted and raised by a black family. In fact the most racist people I know are Mexicans. I went to an automotive tech school. A LOT of ex cons. I know many skin heads, Aryan Knights...etc. Also, both my dad and my brother think that NAACP is a joke.

Shotgun Christening
23rd July 10, 04:31 PM
No argument there. I do believe that exaggerated the tale. I want some proof that that old man was the racist as well. Until I see such proof that he was the white supremacist she claimed. Then I will just see her as a good storyteller, trying to look cool for a crowd.

I didnt hear her claim he was a white supremecist.

Big Dozer
23rd July 10, 04:38 PM
I didnt hear her claim he was a white supremecist.

Then you didnt watch the video. She went on and on how the man wanted to show how superior he was because he was white. That by definition is a white supremacist.

Shotgun Christening
23rd July 10, 04:41 PM
Then you didnt watch the video. She went on and on how the man wanted to show how superior he was because he was white. That by definition is a white supremacist.

You said she claimed it. That means she said "He was a white supremecist". She didnt claim that at all.

Until I see such proof that he was the white supremacist she claimed

Big Dozer
23rd July 10, 04:45 PM
She did. I guess you were watchign a different video. Thats pretty much me calling you a person who never tells the truth and is always lying. Not to mention that you take things that dont belong to you and steal for a living. Then you say"So youre calling me a liar and a thief?". Then I claim I said no such thing.

Shotgun Christening
23rd July 10, 04:52 PM
She did. I guess you were watchign a different video. Thats pretty much me calling you a person who never tells the truth and is always lying. Not to mention that you take things that dont belong to you and steal for a living. Then you say"So youre calling me a liar and a thief?". Then I claim I said no such thing.

Please post the time (in minutes and seconds) where she says he was a white supremecist.

Thinking your superior to someone and being a White Supremecist are two different things.

Ajamil
23rd July 10, 04:53 PM
Then you didnt watch the video. She went on and on how the man wanted to show how superior he was because he was white. That by definition is a white supremacist.Funny, I took that part of the speech as more evidence of her racism. He was trying to explain his farm situation and all she could hear was, "blahblahlbah I'm better than you blahblah" In other words her problems with race were seriously affecting her job performance.

Big Dozer
23rd July 10, 05:03 PM
Funny, I took that part of the speech as more evidence of her racism. He was trying to explain his farm situation and all she could hear was, "blahblahlbah I'm better than you blahblah" In other words her problems with race were seriously affecting her job performance.

I agree with you. But I happen to think she was lying. Catering to the NAACP crowd.

HappyOldGuy
23rd July 10, 10:51 PM
Funny, I took that part of the speech as more evidence of her racism. He was trying to explain his farm situation and all she could hear was, "blahblahlbah I'm better than you blahblah" In other words her problems with race were seriously affecting her job performance.

But she did help him, which is why he and his wife are out in front of the folks calling bullshit on the whole episode. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2010/07/21/DI2010072105162.html)

Plus, y'know

It was 45 years ago today that my father's funeral was held. I was a young girl at the age of 17 when my father was murdered by a white man in Baker County (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baker_County,_Georgia). In Baker County, the murder of black people occurred periodically, and in every case the white men who murdered them were never punished. It was no different in my father's case. There were three witnesses to his murder, but the grand jury refused to indict the white man who murdered him.

Context helps

God you people really are that fucking stupid.

Kein Haar
24th July 10, 01:02 AM
My question is this:

Who knoez teh r33l bl4ck?

Oldman cuz he married one?

Or Big Dozer cuz he got stolen by them as an infant?

SFGOON
24th July 10, 01:52 AM
Trick question! It's SFGOON, 'cuz some of his closest friends are people of color!

Big Dozer
24th July 10, 06:39 AM
*AHEM!* I am an honorary black guy. That is the proper term. Like I said OldGuy, I think she mostly fabricated the tale. I dont think it happened like she said. I think an old white guy came in and she helped him. He was no white supremacist as she claimed. All she is, is a good storyteller who pandered to a crowd. Happens all the time. No big conspiracy.

Shotgun Christening
24th July 10, 08:22 AM
*AHEM!* I am an honorary black guy. That is the proper term. Like I said OldGuy, I think she mostly fabricated the tale. I dont think it happened like she said. I think an old white guy came in and she helped him. He was no white supremacist as she claimed. All she is, is a good storyteller who pandered to a crowd. Happens all the time. No big conspiracy.

She didnt claim he was a white supremacist. She DIDNT SAY THAT.

I agree she was pandering to the crowd and she even smiled when she made those commnents like she thought it was funny. She did it. She said she did it. She was wrong. Firing her was wrong.

Big Dozer
24th July 10, 01:47 PM
She did say that. She made it clear to say that and I agree with the rest of your statement.