PDA

View Full Version : An unfortunate incident involving monkeys

littleoldme
18th June 10, 11:48 AM
A British woman who went to a Thai nature resort to conquer her fear of monkeys has been savaged by a pack of macaques.

Dee Darwell, 56, lost consciousness after the monkeys surrounded her and sank their teeth into her arms and body.
Many of the primates remained hanging from her limbs as she lay collapsed with blood spurting from a "deep, deep hole" in her arm.
She was eventually rescued by Thai boatmen and was taken to Bangkok Phuket Hospital.
The horrific attack happened on Monkey Island near to the popular holiday island of Phuket in southern Thailand.
"I thought I was heading for safety under this rock in the shade, only to cool down," Mrs Darwell, from Peterborough, said.
"I laid the towel down and there were no monkeys in sight.
"The next thing I noticed, this monkey walked up next to me and I thought, oh dear, and I began to stand up to move away.
"Then, the monkey took my wrist and pounced on my right arm, sinking his teeth in and hung off it.
"He wouldn't let go; he was locked on. I was absolutely petrified."
Thai fishermen ran to the rescue after spotting more monkeys joining the assault and began prising them off.
Mrs Darwell said she had agreed to go on the Siam Sea Canoe tour with a friend to confront her fear of monkeys.
Her phobia had been triggered by her father bringing up a chimpanzee which she described as "positively evil".

full story

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100618/tod-monkey-phobia-woman-savaged-by-macaq-870a197.html

Spade: The Real Snake
18th June 10, 11:50 AM
Did they treat her like a frog?

littleoldme
18th June 10, 11:58 AM
Did they treat her like a frog?

*pedantic mode

I think you'll find that frog abuse is an activity engaged in by chimps, not monkeys

at least that's what youtube tells me

Spade: The Real Snake
18th June 10, 12:03 PM
*pedantic mode

I think you'll find that frog abuse is an activity engaged in by chimps, not monkeys

at least that's what youtube tells me

U gonna by my little rhesus if U keep up that tone young lady

resolve
18th June 10, 01:44 PM
And thus another contributer to the AIDs epidemic...

Lebell
18th June 10, 02:11 PM
dudes...these monkeys are supersmall.
you just kick one or poke it in the eye, or rip off one of them little ears.
they'd run for cover in no time.
what a dumb bitch, she deserved it.

just like this bitch:
R0pFaQluCZo

she wanted to kill herself after a long period of domestic trouble and her kids being taken away from her.
BUT NOW SHE IS OKAY AND WORKS AT A CHILDREN DAYCARE!
[/facepalm]

Vieux Normand
18th June 10, 04:12 PM
She could've just pulled those stupid red shirts over their heads and walked away humming.

CoffeeFan
18th June 10, 05:29 PM
Isn't it Ironic? Don't you think?

Kein Haar
18th June 10, 06:22 PM
Berlin needs to filter that water a little better. Gross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnSsydTrZ-E

Ajamil
18th June 10, 09:59 PM
Add fear of friends to fear of monkeys.