PDA

View Full Version : First Casualty of World Cup

Harpy
17th June 10, 06:52 PM
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1072298

A 61 year old South African man who wanted to watch a World Cup football match instead of a religious program was beaten to death by his family in the northeastern part of the country, police said Thursday.

Malefo said Makoeya got up to change the channel by hand after being refused the remote control and was attacked by his 68-year-old wife Francina and two children, 36-year-old son Collin and 23-year-old daughter Lebogang.

He specifically wanted to watch the Australia vs. Germany match.

Lebogang (his daughter) has been released on bail.

Yiktin Voxbane
17th June 10, 08:00 PM
Hah , he died trying to watch a rather rubbish game .

Aus Vs. Germany that is, not soccer .

Harpy
17th June 10, 08:08 PM
This shouldn't be in Ground Zero either.

Poor guy though :( I've watched a lot of documentaries on the religious zealotry that can be African (crazy missionaries + local superstitions = bad).

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
18th June 10, 03:22 AM
Hah , he died trying to watch a rather rubbish game .

Aus Vs. Germany that is, not soccer .

No no you were right the first time.

Ajamil
18th June 10, 04:24 PM
This shouldn't be in Ground Zero either.

Poor guy though :( I've watched a lot of documentaries on the religious zealotry that can be African (crazy missionaries + local superstitions = bad).

So are you saying they should realize soccer is more important than God, or that the head of the household should be able to veto everyone else's vote in the family?

Spade: The Real Snake
18th June 10, 04:30 PM
Yes and they should have gotten up and made him a sandwich, gotten him a beer and rubbed his feet like a good family and not turned and set upon him like a pack of rapid badgers

Conde Koma
18th June 10, 06:59 PM
So are you saying they should realize soccer is more important than God, or that the head of the household should be able to veto everyone else's vote in the family?

I think that using physical violence against a sixty year old is a little overboard.

Aphid Jones
18th June 10, 07:09 PM
I miss Virus at times like these.

jkdbuck76
19th June 10, 09:50 AM
Majority rules, people.

They outnumbered him. The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

resolve
19th June 10, 11:17 AM
Man that's sick :-/.

I hope they get the maximum sentences their laws allow for.

Kein Haar
19th June 10, 09:53 PM
Fully sick!

Does that phrase apply in SA?

jnp
19th June 10, 10:27 PM
If my father named me Lebogang, I'd kill him too.

p.s. If you're getting your religion from the idiot box, you're doing it wrong.

Harpy
19th June 10, 10:45 PM
This is Africa, I'm sure you're aware that religion is food for the soul there. Gospel on tv out in the village is probably a huge treat.

Arhetton
19th June 10, 11:28 PM
isn't this like the 12047439583476938476th casualty of religion instead of the 1st casualty of the world cup?

AAAhmed46
20th June 10, 12:07 AM
All this because two groups of people wanted to watch two very shitty forms of entertainment.