PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 World Cup in Sarth Afreeka

Pages : [1] 2

EuropIan
11th June 10, 09:01 AM
Will Brazil win again?

Will the yanks beat the brits in their group play?

Will ze dutch trounce the Danes?

Will Diego Maradona himself use the "hand of god" to defeat their opponents

Will North Korea employ dirty Tricks?

Will the Aussies do well?

This and more is what this thread is for.

Truculent Sheep
11th June 10, 09:11 AM
In exotic Dagenham, there are many houses now festooned with England flags. (And in one instance, a South African one.) One load of idiots, three houses up from where I type, have completely draped their place with flags, and bunting too!

It's lame, spam-patriotism for the flacid and beer-gutted. We're out on our arses the moment it comes down to penalties anyway. And it will probably a loss against some particularly obscure outfit, like North Korea, Honduras or the Netherlands.

EuropIan
11th June 10, 09:13 AM
I want North Korea to win.

They hired Chinese fans to cheer for them.

EuropIan
11th June 10, 09:15 AM
I just thought it was funny that most nationalities are represented at this world cup.

Except Canadians...because no one accpets their "it's like soccer but on ice with skates" excuse.

Cullion
11th June 10, 09:25 AM
I'm tempted to place a bet on the US beating Britain on betfair just now.

EuropIan
11th June 10, 09:26 AM
LOH LOH LOH LOH LOH LOH LOH LOH
America's squad is very young but seems pretty talented, I think they'll do well.

Kovacs
11th June 10, 10:55 AM
We're out on our arses the moment it comes down to penalties anyway. And it will probably a loss against some particularly obscure outfit, like North Korea, Honduras or the Netherlands.

Yup, it's in the post.

Lebell
11th June 10, 11:38 AM
lolol holland an obscure outfit?
lmao!

EuropIan
11th June 10, 11:42 AM
Has Holland actually won a major championship?

Lebell
11th June 10, 11:56 AM
yes.
why?

EuropIan
11th June 10, 12:01 PM
I forgot the van Basten halcyon days.

Why?
Because Sheep is pulling your chain.

EuropIan
11th June 10, 12:03 PM
First match was Sarth Afreeka vs Mehiko 1-1

S.A. almost made it 2-1 but those goal posts are annoying.

KO'd N DOA
11th June 10, 02:03 PM
I just thought it was funny that most nationalities are represented at this world cup.

Except Canadians....

Woe hold on there. We provided the seeds for the turf, meaning that once again Canada wins another grass competition.

My vote is for Spain - inlaws require that kind of loyalty.

Ajamil
11th June 10, 03:46 PM
This was on in favor of news today. Still no sound, but plenty of times the cooks were standing in front of the bar watching. Anyone got a YT clip of guys smashing heads together? They replayed that few times on the telly.

bob
11th June 10, 06:02 PM
I will be happy if we manage a draw against Germany. That'll be enough to make Lebell's grandfather turn in his grave.

Cullion
11th June 10, 06:09 PM
America's squad is very young but seems pretty talented, I think they'll do well.

I wasn't loling at the US, I was genuinely tempted by the odds given how well the US had done against other teams in warmup matches.

EuropIan
11th June 10, 06:22 PM
I wasn't loling at the US, I was genuinely tempted by the odds given how well the US had done against other teams in warmup matches.
You know what footie fans sing instead of "La"?

Yeah that.

Cullion
11th June 10, 07:10 PM
I don't actually like soccer as a spectator, and despise the culture of the sport. I don't understand your references at all.

The only big-ticket televised sports I like are Rugby and Boxing. I was just thinking about the money when I mentioned the betting.

Truculent Sheep
11th June 10, 09:03 PM
Apparently the 7/1 odds offered for England winning the World Cup are unrealistic. Dark rumours circulating at present suggest more realistic odds of 20/1, but which bookie is silly enough to admit to that?

OZZ
11th June 10, 10:27 PM
GO GREECE !!

EuropIan
12th June 10, 02:05 AM
xN1WN0YMWZU

SoulMechanic
12th June 10, 02:54 AM
I say go for it Cullion. Last time America went up against Mexico I won a sum just short of 3 grand. Many a busboy's wife was beaten silly that night I would imagine.

Cullion
12th June 10, 07:54 AM
Apparently the 7/1 odds offered for England winning the World Cup are unrealistic. Dark rumours circulating at present suggest more realistic odds of 20/1, but which bookie is silly enough to admit to that?

Betting odds are market prices. If lots of people irrationally bet on England, the odds won't reflect their actual chance of winning. Bookies adjust their odds to ensure they won't have to pay out more than they've taken in, so if lots of people start betting on something, they lower the payout.

It's not that the bookies don't want to admit the odds, so much as them adjusting the odds to represent what people are betting on because that's just how the maths of being a bookie work.

Lebell
12th June 10, 08:25 AM
i think holland will make it at least to the quarter finals.
but im not sure about the semi's, perhaps, first i wanna see em against denmark.

Truculent Sheep
12th June 10, 11:41 AM
Betting odds are market prices. If lots of people irrationally bet on England, the odds won't reflect their actual chance of winning. Bookies adjust their odds to ensure they won't have to pay out more than they've taken in, so if lots of people start betting on something, they lower the payout.

It's not that the bookies don't want to admit the odds, so much as them adjusting the odds to represent what people are betting on because that's just how the maths of being a bookie work.

It sounds more like they're pushing down the odds for reasons of jingoism.

Cullion
12th June 10, 02:36 PM
The fans are the ones pushing down the odds with Jingoism. Their jingoism is making them overestimate England's chances of winning.

This is just mathematical to a bookmaker, it's his living.

HappyOldGuy
13th June 10, 12:53 PM
How is the tie going over?

Is it breakup time for the special relationship?

OZZ
13th June 10, 03:45 PM
Nice to know I am not the only one that noise is annoying the hell out of..

Vuvuzela drone killing World Cup atmosphere

John Leicester is an international sports columnist for The Associated Press

The constant drone of cheap and tuneless plastic horns is killing the atmosphere at the World Cup.

Where are the loud choruses of "Oooohhsss" from enthralled crowds when a shot scorches just wide of the goalpost? And the sharp communal intake of breath, the shrill "Aaahhhhss," when a goalkeeper makes an acrobatic, match-winning save? Or the humorous/moving/offensive football chants and songs?

Mostly, they're being drowned out by the unrelenting water-torture beehive hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm of South African vuvuzela trumpets. Damn them. They are stripping World Cup 2010 of football's aural artistry.

WORLD CUP FANS
Some of the world's most colorful characters show up every four years at the World Cup. Check out the best fan shots at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
Vuvuzela apologists - a few more weeks of this brainless white noise will perhaps change, or melt, their minds - defend the din as simply part of the South African experience. Each country to its own, they say. When in Rome, blah, blah, blah.

Which would be fine if this was purely a South African competition. Fans could then legitimately hoot away to their hearts' content while annoying no one other than their immediate neighbors.

But this is the World Cup, a celebration of the 32 nations that qualified and of all the others that did not but which still play and love the game. Hosting planet football brings responsibilities. At the very least, South Africa should ensure that the hundreds of millions of visitors who come in goodwill to its door, both in person and via the magic of television, do not go home with a migraine. How many TV viewers who long for a more nuanced soundtrack to go with the show have already concluded that the only way to enjoy this World Cup is by pressing mute on their remote?

In Tweeting "No offense to the vuvuzela posse but, man, it's a bit much," seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong was not alone.

Attending or watching a match should be a feast for both the eyes and the ears. Those two senses work better together, each augmenting the other.

How do you feel about South Africa's vuvuzelas? Can't stand 'em! Get 'em out! They provide a nice atmosphere I barely notice either way
Sounds should ebb and flow like tides with the fortunes on the field. That adds to the drama. Fans reacting with their voices to action on the pitch, to events in the stadium and to each other's sounds, songs and chants are part of football's theater.

A sudden crowd silence can also tell a story - perhaps of the heartbreak of a late, defeat-inflicting goal or of the collective shock of seeing a player horribly injured by a bad tackle. Sometimes, you should even be able to hear a coach bark orders from the touchline or players shouting at each other for the ball.

There are stadium sounds other than vuvuzelas at this World Cup - just not enough of them. They are being bullied into submission by the trumpets' never-ending screech.

In Rustenburg there were scattered unison chants of "In-ger-land, In-ger-land," a few bars of "God Save the Queen" and the occasional "USA! USA!" when England played the United States on Saturday night. But vuvuzelas ultimately won the battle of the bands. They and the result - a disappointing 1-1 tie - silenced England's fans, who usually are among the best-drilled noisemakers in football.

They take their singing seriously, with chants that are cheeky, taunting and often just insulting. But at least they are inventive, too.

The same cannot be said of vuvuzelas. They are simply mindless. Their pitch doesn't change, just the intensity. Blow hard. Blow soft. The only range is from horrifically loud to just annoyingly so. Because of that, we absolutely could not hear the rich African voices of Ghana fans who sang lustily Sunday at the Loftus Versfeld in Pretoria, vibrantly clothed in their national colors of green and red. What a shame.

Please, South Africa, make the trumpets stop. Give us a song, instead.

The same cannot be said of vuvuzelas. They are simply mindless. Their pitch doesn't change, only the intensity. Blow hard. Blow soft. The only range is from horrifically loud to just annoyingly so.

Please, South Africa, make them stop. Give us a song, instead.

As far as the Games today..Germany was absolutely dominant in their opening match defeating the Aussies 4-0 and Ghana became the first African nation to score a victory beating Serbia 1-0.
You can always count on the Germans to put in solid performance, but they were handling the ball so well today it was really incredible..
As far as the USA-England match yesterday goes...if that English keeper had been doing his job the USA would have lost. Being a keeper in football is a tough position, I know first-hand because I played the position in University.. the saves that are impossible to make are forgiven by your fellow team members because they truly are impossible, but flubbing a play like that is almost inexcusable.He lost that game for them.

OZZ
13th June 10, 03:51 PM
Woe hold on there. We provided the seeds for the turf, meaning that once again Canada wins another grass competition.

My vote is for Spain - inlaws require that kind of loyalty.

Yes..inlaw requirements are what forces me to cheer for Greece but my heart is with the Germans since Canada and Scotland never get in.

OZZ
13th June 10, 04:53 PM
Oh, I see its the BALL'S fault...
Whatever..

Controversy over World Cup ball won’t die

By Martin Rogers, Yahoo! Sports
4 hours, 20 minutes ago

POLOKWANE, South Africa – The infamous Jabulani World Cup ball has had goalkeepers in the tournament worrying, panicking and complaining for the past week. Now it has reduced one of them to tears.

Adidas claims that the Jabulani World Cup ball is the most accurate ever produced. (Photo by Stuart Franklin/Getty Images) Algeria’s Faouzi Chaouchi was the latest keeper to be impacted when he allowed a long-range strike from Slovenia’s Robert Koren to evade his grasp and produce the only goal of a 1-0 loss at Peter Mokaba Stadium on Sunday.

Chaouchi could not control his emotions after the game. After striding through the interview zone without pausing to speak to reporters, he boarded the team bus and cried.

English fans react

“You could see he had tears in his eyes and he could not help it,” said Algeria fan Mohammed Dahbi. “It is sad for the country but it is not his fault. Anyone can make a mistake and unlucky things can happen with that ball.”

That ball is the adidas Jabulani, and it already has sparked a storm of controversy. The manufacturer claims it is the most accurate ball ever made, but some weird plays on the field say otherwise.

Its unpredictability may have benefited the United States on Saturday night, when Clint Dempsey’s tame effort worked its way past England’s Robert Green. In truth, both Green and Algeria’s Chaouchi should have made comfortable saves on the goals they conceded. Yet on both occasions, there was significant movement in the air once the ball had been kicked.

“For sure, it is the ball,” said Algeria defender Madjid Bougherra. “You could see it moving, and once it bounced in front of him it just took off and gave a crazy bounce.”

The goal came in the 79th minute. Algeria, playing with 10 men after substitute Abdelkader Ghezzal was sent off, was trying to hang on for a draw. But the game’s only goal appeared to have more to do with the ball than the 11 vs. 10 situation. Just ask the scorer.

“Every player, if he is being honest, will tell you there is something strange about the ball,” said Koren, the Slovenia captain. “It is different to what we are used to and it gives keepers a big problem – like we saw today.”

Slovenia might be the only team in Group C without much of a problem. Certainly, there are nervous times ahead for the United States, England and Algeria.

And, surely, for a certain manufacturer whose signature product is coming under ever-increasing scrutiny. Adidas, however, defends the ball.

“This ball has been around since December and been used around the world with very few comments,” Andy Harland, the developer of the ball, said in a recent interview with British television station Sky Sports News. “Teams have gone to altitude and you have seen comments in those situations.”

A skeptical public – and 32 starting goalkeepers – might take a bit more convincing.

Ajamil
13th June 10, 05:01 PM
Oh Desmond, you so crazy. (Oh and some song, but I only care about Bishop Tutu in the first 30 sec.)
LCCirJY8zS4

3XCmSo-qZWg

Huh. You can easily see it curve, but not as severely as whoever is drawing those lines. Funnily enough, Adidas and it's spokesmen disagree.
frqjlVfD1M0

Cullion
13th June 10, 05:28 PM
How is the tie going over?

Is it breakup time for the special relationship?

The mainstream media here made a point of showing British and American troops watching the match together in Afghanistan, and Katie Perry was on British TV in this dress and talking about how much she's learned about our kind of football from her British boyfriend:-

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/13/article-0-0A031D36000005DC-800_224x671.jpg

Now that's what I call diplomacy.

Pilgrim
14th June 10, 08:28 AM
The hollies just HAVE to win the world cup in South Africa.

This would be like Germany winning the World Cup in Israel. In a match against Israel.

Note: I like the hollies. They smoke pot all day and have Lebell.

EuropIan
14th June 10, 08:39 AM
Denmark decided to help them along the way.

I still think Holland should have played better.

Lebell
14th June 10, 09:03 AM
i agree with ian.
they took too long beating denmark.
normaslly we would have just crushed them.

EuropIan
14th June 10, 09:09 AM
a 12-7 win record impressive but not overwhelming.

But the Danes won't be there to help them score next time ;)

Lebell
14th June 10, 09:38 AM
if lolland would be outta the game i wouldnt mind.

Spade: The Real Snake
14th June 10, 10:49 AM
Denmark/Lolland impressed me with their class and sportsmanship, especially in light of how the Aussies were intent on headbutting the entire stadium

Adouglasmhor
14th June 10, 11:12 AM
i think holland will make it at least to the quarter finals.
but im not sure about the semi's, perhaps, first i wanna see em against denmark.

When was the last time Holland had a semi? And who were they holding it against?

Ps do you recognise the Dutch Icon in my avatar?

OZZ
14th June 10, 11:38 AM
I always enjoy watching the Dutch play..they field good teams.
I am curious to watch the North Koreans play..they are ranked last overall and have to play Brazil. HA!
I am used to Canada never being there, but Scotland is really the country I would most like to cheer for since that is my 'official' ancestry. They have been there a few times and won a couple of big games, but the fact that they don't qualify more often is quite distresing considering how popular football is there.But they are a pretty small country. They also claim to have invented the game..is that true?Or is it one of those 'according to who you ask' sort of things?

Lebell
14th June 10, 12:06 PM
When was the last time Holland had a semi? And who were they holding it against?

Ps do you recognise the Dutch Icon in my avatar?

oh i dunno, but last w.c. was semi vs russia.
or was it quarter?
they usually win or survive their pool.

as for your avatar, i could only hope it would be that classical musci raping douchebag.

Lebell
14th June 10, 12:09 PM
btw its totally unfair over here.
i was busting my ass off writing and translating crap about the some stupid Dam and lake Naser when the cheering outside reminded me Holland played this afternoon.
most people took a day of or were allowed to work in their boss's time!
WTF.

so they had drinkytiem and a nice match, but ive learned that the lake behind the dam in aswan is like 500km lang and 10km in width.
and...thats something too.
oh fuck it.

ITS NOT FAIR!!!

EuropIan
14th June 10, 12:22 PM

currently a 20 match winning streak

14th June 10, 12:57 PM
How about Japan, eh?

OZZ
14th June 10, 12:57 PM
So did the Scots invent the game or not? Somebody fucking answer me..

Lebell
14th June 10, 01:02 PM
How about Japan, eh?

we iz raping japan coming saturday.
lots of hara kiri will ensue.

14th June 10, 01:22 PM
we iz raping japan coming saturday.
lots of hara kiri will ensue.
You will tie them at best.

EuropIan
14th June 10, 01:24 PM
If they don't pick up their game, sure.

14th June 10, 01:26 PM
They will be taking them lightly and will underestimate the Blue Samurai

EuropIan
14th June 10, 02:28 PM
Counterpoint:

E-ZvLtoV0yo

Adouglasmhor
14th June 10, 03:07 PM
So did the Scots invent the game or not? Somebody fucking answer me..

Scots and English all had football games between villages. Association Football however The modern game was codified in England following the formation of The Football Association, whose 1863 Laws of the Game created the foundations for the way the sport is played today http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football. so no we didn't invent it or Rugby, but we did invent golf and partly invented Elephant polo. http://www.asylum.com/2010/06/10/6-sports-so-manly-they-make-nfl-uniforms-look-like-frilly-pantie/

And Lebel it's Tiny Tim.

14th June 10, 03:19 PM
Genghis Khan invented it by kicking around the severed heads of his vanquished foes.

Ajamil
14th June 10, 03:48 PM
I love Tiny Tim! He doesn't look nearly as creepy old man pedophile as I thought.

OZZ
15th June 10, 10:33 AM
Ronaldo is a fucking suck..

OZZ
15th June 10, 10:34 AM
Scots and English all had football games between villages. Association Football however The modern game was codified in England following the formation of The Football Association, whose 1863 Laws of the Game created the foundations for the way the sport is played today http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football. so no we didn't invent it or Rugby, but we did invent golf and partly invented Elephant polo. http://www.asylum.com/2010/06/10/6-sports-so-manly-they-make-nfl-uniforms-look-like-frilly-pantie/

And Lebel it's Tiny Tim.

Thanks..I knew about the golf thing.When I was over there a few years a go I actually went to St.Andrews..that's one hell of a course.

Ajamil
15th June 10, 03:47 PM
They were showing some of Brazil vs. PRK at work today! The PRK team wasn't doing so hot. It was 2-0 when I left.

lant3rn
15th June 10, 04:01 PM
They were showing some of Brazil vs. PRK at work today! The PRK team wasn't doing so hot. It was 2-0 when I left.

Finished up with a 2-1 brazil win.

I wounder if the result will be broadcast back in NK, or "enhanced" for viewer discretion

Kiko
15th June 10, 05:12 PM
Fifa acts after 'ambush marketing' by Dutch brewery (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/10321668.stm)

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/48081000/jpg/_48081948_009534397-1.jpg

Also....

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/054/618/original/1276448165430.jpg?1276478855

(http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/054/618/original/1276448165430.jpg?1276478855)

OZZ
15th June 10, 06:55 PM
Finished up with a 2-1 brazil win.

I wounder if the result will be broadcast back in NK, or "enhanced" for viewer discretion

Just scoring a goal against powerhouse Brazil will make that guy a national hero and no doubt endear him to 'The Dear Leader'.
Actually, I was impressed with the North Koreans plucky effort ..they have a strong, organized defense and might give Portugal and the Ivory Coast more of a go than they are betting on.

Harpy
15th June 10, 08:50 PM
It was bad that the Aussies lost 4-0 :( But, they'll get better as the years go by!

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/KaKa-Armani-ricardo-kaka-800976_533_800.jpg

Lebell
16th June 10, 12:24 AM
fuck the auzzies.
stick to rugby.

16th June 10, 10:26 AM
The Aussies looked like they were waiting for the tea and sandwich break

EuropIan
16th June 10, 11:23 AM
lol spain

16th June 10, 11:32 AM
so far I haven't been impressed with many of the favorites, save Germany, and have been impressed with many of the underdog teams.

some great matches thus far

16th June 10, 02:11 PM
that was a nice shot by Uruguay

EuropIan
16th June 10, 02:56 PM
Yes it was.

But still BAFANA BAFANA

16th June 10, 02:59 PM
YRU tryin to keep the brotherman down.

More like Apartian

EuropIan
16th June 10, 03:08 PM
Shut it, kaffir!

16th June 10, 03:13 PM
...............and silence filled the stadium.......

EuropIan
16th June 10, 03:17 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs612.snc3/32217_404348256260_604516260_4959684_4930881_n.jpg

OZZ
16th June 10, 03:30 PM
I'd like to take a few of those vevezulas or whatever the fuck they are called and shove 'em up a few S.Africans ..well, you know.

Hoping that Greece will beat Nigeria tommorrow..or at least score a goal.

16th June 10, 03:50 PM
what's even more annoying are sound making devices at kid's soccer games. you don't need them during a U-12 match

OZZ
17th June 10, 11:40 AM
You see..all the Greeks need is to have a man-advantage for an entire game (almost) and then they can score lol.
Greece's first-ever World Cup victory!!

Ajamil
17th June 10, 10:06 PM
Nigeria was playing dirty in that game. I saw the replay where the one player straight up push kicked the Greece player in the stomach. Probably some bullshit excuse about going for the ball a good two seconds after the Greek guy headbutted it away.

Is North Korea out now? They lost 4-1 to Argentina. How many losses before a nation is out?

Anyone know how Mexico did?

17th June 10, 10:54 PM
Nigeria was playing dirty in that game. I saw the replay where the one player straight up push kicked the Greece player in the stomach. Probably some bullshit excuse about going for the ball a good two seconds after the Greek guy headbutted it away. and the fag got red carded

Is North Korea out now? They lost 4-1 to Argentina. How many losses before a nation is out? they have one more game regardless

Anyone know how Mexico did? lol they beat France (I fail) 2-0

EuropIan
18th June 10, 04:14 AM
Nigeria was playing dirty in that game. I saw the replay where the one player straight up push kicked the Greece player in the stomach. Probably some bullshit excuse about going for the ball a good two seconds after the Greek guy headbutted it away.

Nigeria lol

Is North Korea out now? They lost 4-1 to Argentina. How many losses before a nation is out?

That was South Korea and it's still group playoffs with a pts based system loss=0 Draw = 1 win =3 each team plays three matches and the two top teams go on. Ties are resolves through goal sccored vs goals let in.

e.g. South Korea is in group B: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/standings/group=249724/index.html

Anyone know how Mexico did?
Lol france rolled over and gave Mexico a 2-0

18th June 10, 10:42 AM
SAM'S ARMY PULLS TO A DRAW!

18th June 10, 10:44 AM
FUCKING REF SUX!
Robbed of the win, fags

EuropIan
18th June 10, 11:33 AM
That was a nice comeback after Slovenia pulled ahead 2-0 in the first half.

Also lol Germany

18th June 10, 11:42 AM
the commentator I heard was spot on when he stated the US was putting the ball into open pitch and hoping they could get to it first instead of working the passing angles.

I would have liked to see Freddie Adu on the US squad and see how he worked with Robbie Findley

and yes, very much lol Germany.

18th June 10, 11:43 AM
and
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lebell
18th June 10, 12:23 PM
tomorrow lolland-nippon.

18th June 10, 12:47 PM
it'll be like Gulliver's Travels.

bunch of clueless lanky 7 ft tall fuckers with a whole mess of little people running circles around them

EuropIan
18th June 10, 01:14 PM
Also Denmark-Cameroun

KO'd N DOA
18th June 10, 01:14 PM
Spain's going to take it all - you should all bow out now.

EuropIan
18th June 10, 01:16 PM
Spain's going to take it all - you should all bow out now.
OH HI THAR

http://images.clipartof.com/small/46350-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Switzerland-Flag-Playing-Soccer.jpg

KO'd N DOA
18th June 10, 01:57 PM
OH HI THAR

Oh that... well that was politically motivated. Spain financially is going under, they gave Swiss that so that the monies are safe and more loans on the way.

Go Spain

18th June 10, 02:08 PM
I am neutral about the Swiss winning

Ajamil
18th June 10, 07:09 PM
http://www.unclesamsland.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/uncle_sam.jpg
I want YOU to know I saw what you did there.

And we need a win, dammit. What's with all the tying? We almost lost to a nation I'd be willing to bet most US citizens couldn't point to on a map.

What happened with the ref?

Cullion
18th June 10, 07:45 PM
The English team were booed off the pitch by the English fans tonight.

bob
18th June 10, 07:56 PM
The English are kind of odd when it comes to supporting sporting teams. They're either knighthood material or not fit to sweep the gutter.

Cullion
18th June 10, 08:16 PM
They're annoyed and frustrated because this is the second time the team's only achieved a draw against a team that most English people assumed they were going to beat without too much effort.

The next stage will be widespread calls for the England team's manager to be sacked. Football is practically a religion for a lot of English people.

Harpy
19th June 10, 09:14 AM
Goal!!!!!!!! Australia 1-0 in the 11th minute against Ghana.

Harpy
19th June 10, 09:28 AM
Aaarrrgghhh!!! A$$hole ref!!! 1-1, Kewell red carded, WTF!

Lebell
19th June 10, 09:49 AM
Japan lost to Lolland, i dunno the score cos i was having a sex marathon but i think they scored once or twice cos i heared the people in the bar down the road cheer twice.

19th June 10, 10:04 AM
Lolland didn't impress against Japan.

Also LOL OZ REDKARD.

Harpy
19th June 10, 10:13 AM
Lolland scored 1-0 against a spiritless Japan.

Snake! :( I wish it could have been rugby, we'd have caned Ghana. Anyway, stupid ref is stupid, they've been robbed.

19th June 10, 10:21 AM
Lolland scored 1-0 against a spiritless Japan.
Considering the Dutch are considered a *powerhouse* Japan impressed more

Snake! :( I wish it could have been rugby, we'd have caned Ghana. Anyway, stupid ref is stupid, they've been robbed.
Austalia looking resplendent in their national colors of yellow and green....wait.

Lebell
19th June 10, 10:54 AM
i scored 1-0 too against my gf, i came, she didnt!
whoooo!!!

19th June 10, 10:55 AM
i scored 1-0 too against my gf, i came, she didnt!
whoooo!!!

You are undefeated in taintfucking!

Lebell
19th June 10, 10:56 AM
i dont know what taintfucking means.

19th June 10, 11:08 AM
A freshly crafted new vagina is formed using the ballsack and is placed in the area where the taint would be.

Harpy
19th June 10, 11:09 AM
Ok, draw, f that though. 1 man down 3/4 of the game and Ghana couldn't win. I hope Germany blitzkriegs them.

Lebell - how's your hand after the solo sechs marathon?

19th June 10, 11:13 AM
You 'roos dodged a bullet.
Be thankful

Harpy
19th June 10, 11:19 AM
We beat Ghana on a regular basis, if the greasy Italian had kept his hand out of his pocket, we'd have been 2-0

19th June 10, 11:21 AM
We beat Ghana on a regular basis
just not when it counts, eh?

if the greasy Italian had kept his hand out of his pocket, we'd have been 2-0
what did your husband have to do with this?

OZZ
19th June 10, 11:28 AM
The socceroos redeemed themselves a bit I suppose...a draw against Ghana ??

Too bad about England..Rooney needs more support.

19th June 10, 11:37 AM
getting a draw while being a man down almost the entire match is a pretty good accomplishment.

OZZ
19th June 10, 11:52 AM
getting a draw while being a man down almost the entire match is a pretty good accomplishment.

I didn't know they were down a man..in that case HUURAY for the fucking socceroos..

19th June 10, 12:04 PM
the greasy Italian ref flagged one of the Aussies in like the 14th minute for something ridiculous. The ball struck him in the bicep or shoulder, blocking a Ghana goal so he was red carded, Ghana given a penalty kick.

lant3rn
19th June 10, 04:10 PM
the greasy Italian ref flagged one of the Aussies in like the 14th minute for something ridiculous. The ball struck him in the bicep or shoulder, blocking a Ghana goal so he was red carded, Ghana given a penalty kick.

Thems the rules steev... not the refs fault

19th June 10, 04:17 PM
He could have just called penalty kick and not red carded as it wasn't intentional contact, he made no effort to affect the path of the ball with his arm or hands

lant3rn
19th June 10, 04:35 PM
He could have just called penalty kick and not red carded as it wasn't intentional contact, he made no effort to affect the path of the ball with his arm or hands

If you watch the replay you can see him move his arm towards the balls path, then it strikes him in the right bicep.

If a player deliberately handles the ball to deny an obvious goal scoring opportunity (e.g., to prevent a breakaway or to deliberately stop a shot), a red card should be given and the player "sent off". However, a hand ball foul should not be called if: (1) a player is instinctively trying to protect himself from injury or (2) the player did not deliberately touch the ball but the ball hit his arm & he did not move the arm toward the ball (however, if the player's arms were in an unnatural position such as above his shoulders or sticking out to the sides, then he should be called for a handball).

bob
19th June 10, 05:35 PM
Nob's ex-wife's new boyfriend is reffing world cup soccer now?

OZZ
19th June 10, 06:25 PM
Well, it looks like some fans may be getting their wish..
Actually, I watched most of that game and I thought that ref was power-tripping a bit.He definitely blew the call in question...

Source: FIFA may sit Slovenia-U.S. referee

(Associated Press) JOHANNESBURG – The referee who disallowed a potential game-winning goal for the United States will face an expedited performance review from FIFA and is likely to be excluded from the rest of the World Cup, according to a FIFA source.

Koman Coulibaly from Mali disallowed Maurice Edu’s 85th-minute strike that would have given the USA a 3-2 lead over Slovenia at Ellis Park and likely would have led to a thrilling comeback victory Friday. Coulibaly appeared to rule that American midfielder Michael Bradley had impeded a Slovenian defender, even though video replays showed no infringement.

FIFA’s refereeing committee will review footage from the Group C clash on Saturday to evaluate Coulibaly’s performance after several USA players complained about the way he had struggled to control a fiercely contested match.

Every World Cup match is viewed live by an on-site assessor who monitors the referee’s performance. However, in this case, a deeper assessment will take place at the earliest possible opportunity. That this is happening so quickly suggests FIFA is taking the complaints about Coulibaly seriously and is likely to leave him unassigned to referee further matches, according to the source. He could still appear as a line judge or other supporting role.

“If he is found to have made a serious mistake, especially one that affected the outcome, then he would be highly unlikely to play any further part in the tournament,” said the source, who is close to senior figures on the refereeing panel. “FIFA is determined to keep refereeing standards high and does not want high-profile mistakes.”

Coulibaly came under heavy criticism from the U.S. team and head coach Bob Bradley, but it was not just the Edu no-goal that will come under scrutiny.

Assessors also are likely to be concerned at the highly physical nature of the match. American striker Jozy Altidore was repeatedly involved in tussles with the Slovenian defense, and an ugly incident took place midway through the second half when Slovenia’s Marko Suler appeared to throw Altidore to the ground. Coulibaly issued Suler a yellow card, but the strong infraction was enough for a red card and an ejection.

FIFA chooses its referees and assistants for each game from a list of elite officials specially selected for the tournament. They are evaluated before the World Cup to ensure that they meet standards of fitness and knowledge.

Coulibaly’s mistake will only increase calls for the introduction of instant replay for controversial decisions, something FIFA has strongly resisted up to this point.

“It is up to FIFA for what they do about him,” USA star Clint Dempsey said. “But it wasn’t just the goal. They were holding and pushing and grabbing and putting themselves in there. What are you supposed to do?”

Plasma
19th June 10, 07:19 PM
Well, it looks like some fans may be getting their wish..
Actually, I watched most of that game and I thought that ref was power-tripping a bit.He definitely blew the call in question...

Source: FIFA may sit Slovenia-U.S. referee

(Associated Press) JOHANNESBURG – The referee who disallowed a potential game-winning goal for the United States will face an expedited performance review from FIFA and is likely to be excluded from the rest of the World Cup, according to a FIFA source.

Koman Coulibaly from Mali disallowed Maurice Edu’s 85th-minute strike that would have given the USA a 3-2 lead over Slovenia at Ellis Park and likely would have led to a thrilling comeback victory Friday. Coulibaly appeared to rule that American midfielder Michael Bradley had impeded a Slovenian defender, even though video replays showed no infringement.

FIFA’s refereeing committee will review footage from the Group C clash on Saturday to evaluate Coulibaly’s performance after several USA players complained about the way he had struggled to control a fiercely contested match.

Every World Cup match is viewed live by an on-site assessor who monitors the referee’s performance. However, in this case, a deeper assessment will take place at the earliest possible opportunity. That this is happening so quickly suggests FIFA is taking the complaints about Coulibaly seriously and is likely to leave him unassigned to referee further matches, according to the source. He could still appear as a line judge or other supporting role.

“If he is found to have made a serious mistake, especially one that affected the outcome, then he would be highly unlikely to play any further part in the tournament,” said the source, who is close to senior figures on the refereeing panel. “FIFA is determined to keep refereeing standards high and does not want high-profile mistakes.”

Coulibaly came under heavy criticism from the U.S. team and head coach Bob Bradley, but it was not just the Edu no-goal that will come under scrutiny.

Assessors also are likely to be concerned at the highly physical nature of the match. American striker Jozy Altidore was repeatedly involved in tussles with the Slovenian defense, and an ugly incident took place midway through the second half when Slovenia’s Marko Suler appeared to throw Altidore to the ground. Coulibaly issued Suler a yellow card, but the strong infraction was enough for a red card and an ejection.

FIFA chooses its referees and assistants for each game from a list of elite officials specially selected for the tournament. They are evaluated before the World Cup to ensure that they meet standards of fitness and knowledge.

Coulibaly’s mistake will only increase calls for the introduction of instant replay for controversial decisions, something FIFA has strongly resisted up to this point.

“It is up to FIFA for what they do about him,” USA star Clint Dempsey said. “But it wasn’t just the goal. They were holding and pushing and grabbing and putting themselves in there. What are you supposed to do?”

Lets hope. Then he doesn't get paid and starves to death while the US team has Pizza and BBQ.

partyboy
19th June 10, 08:56 PM
and
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

http://www.icanhasinternets.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/vuvuzela.jpg

R8JGhoVybkM

Kiko
20th June 10, 05:37 AM
This fiasco is more fun than this month's theme.....

http://reneau.smugmug.com/photos/906671295_MRR3H-O.jpg

EuropIan
20th June 10, 06:11 AM
yay Denmark beat Cameroun 2-1.

Next up is Japan.

Ajamil
20th June 10, 08:13 AM
Does anyone have a nice summary of the current point standings?

20th June 10, 11:03 AM
Does anyone have a nice summary of the current point standings?
yes (http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=current+world+cup+point+standings)

Ajamil
20th June 10, 01:06 PM
I said nice summary. Best I got from that was Argentina and the Netherlands seem to be leading with 6 points. Where's my graph?

partyboy
20th June 10, 04:17 PM
http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/sociocide.com

Harpy
20th June 10, 04:59 PM
Can someone explain to me what the Aussies need to do against Serbia (and correspondingly how hard Germany needs to kick Ghana's ass) for us to qualify to the next round? I need to see more of this:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/common/imagedata/0,5001,7010662,00.jpg

Ajamil
20th June 10, 05:26 PM

There you go. Just relax. Take it. Take it. Yeeeaaahhhh...

EuropIan
20th June 10, 07:10 PM
I said nice summary. Best I got from that was Argentina and the Netherlands seem to be leading with 6 points. Where's my graph?
You know what?
you suck (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1557168&postcount=80)

EuropIan
20th June 10, 07:14 PM
Can someone explain to me what the Aussies need to do against Serbia (and correspondingly how hard Germany needs to kick Ghana's ass) for us to qualify to the next round? I need to see more of this:

Australia must win, the Germans must lose.

Ajamil
20th June 10, 07:33 PM
I said graph. That's a table.

EuropIan
20th June 10, 08:23 PM
I said graph. That's a table.

Harpy
20th June 10, 08:44 PM
*postures up* Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

partyboy
20th June 10, 09:00 PM
vXm3sQrXcwY

OZZ
21st June 10, 11:05 AM
Ronaldo finally proved his worth on the world stage..but I still don't like him.
Poor North Korea, they really looked like the 105th ranked team out there against Portugal.7-0 ..ouch !

OZZ
22nd June 10, 05:29 PM
That Grecian Keeper Alexander Tzorvas really deserves to have a better team in front of of him. He played really well today in that loss to Argentina..

Kiko
22nd June 10, 05:42 PM
http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/7ffd60d7-f5e5-46ea-b9c6-a2aae29e9274.png
http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/129209328504419918.png

http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/bfd7aa2d-346c-48aa-a528-b2dc1f0b9f4e.png

EuropIan
22nd June 10, 06:43 PM
That Grecian Keeper Alexander Tzorvas really deserves to have a better team in front of of him. He played really well today in that loss to Argentina..
it's ok.. Messi makes everyone else look bad

22nd June 10, 07:10 PM
LOL FRANCE x 3

Ajamil
22nd June 10, 09:53 PM
US just needs to win against Algeria to qualify, yes? Or do we need a certain number of goals?

SoulMechanic
22nd June 10, 10:21 PM
US just needs to win against Algeria to qualify, yes? Or do we need a certain number of goals?
You know what? This kinda shit is only cute when girls do it.

GOOGLE SEARCH MOTHERFUCKER!!

WarPhalange
23rd June 10, 02:51 AM
So, who thinks South Africa will ever get to host another World Cup, ever?

bob
23rd June 10, 03:17 AM
South Africa works pretty well because they're on the same time zone as most of the tv audience. Better than the US, Australia and Asia for instance.

WarPhalange
23rd June 10, 03:20 AM
Yes, but who the fuck cares if the game is on while you are awake if you can't enjoy it?

EuropIan
23rd June 10, 06:58 AM
You now that link to that site about the World Cup I gave you?

perhaps you should read it n' stuff

And just because I'm kinda nice you can click this (http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/standings/group=249725/stateofplay.html) and have all your questions answered about your "what ifs"

Kiko
23rd June 10, 09:03 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/toot.png

EuropIan
23rd June 10, 10:54 AM
Group A.
Winners: Uruguay, Mexico

Losers: Sarth Afreeka, France

Group B.
Winners: Argentina, South Korea
Losers:Greece, Nigeria

Group C.
Winners: USA, England
Losers: Slovenia, Algeria

Group D: will be resolved later today

23rd June 10, 10:54 AM
SAM'S
ARMY
ROLLS
ON!

EuropIan
23rd June 10, 10:57 AM
America has been playing messy but with lots of spirit.

Their next match is most likely Serbia

Good luck

Mind you, if the Germans lose to Ghana and the Aussies win their match against Serbia, they will face the Aussies

23rd June 10, 10:59 AM
We'll have Findley back.

EuropIan
23rd June 10, 11:04 AM
Also, leave it to England to drown out the vuvuzelas.

Well done.. (oh and congrats on your win)

Cullion
23rd June 10, 11:06 AM
I think this means we have to play Germany next.

EuropIan
23rd June 10, 11:07 AM
Or Ghana..

OZZ
23rd June 10, 12:11 PM
Can you guys believe the gall of the head coach from France?
He refuses to shake hands with the head coach of the South African team who is one of the most respected men in the game..what an asshole.
England barely squeaked out a win to move on but they look like shit..they are not going anywhere unless they start playing like they have some heart.

23rd June 10, 12:20 PM
It's FRANCE.
What do you expect.

LOL FRANCE and their fucking self-destructive entitlement ass meltdown.

Ajamil
23rd June 10, 06:12 PM
You know typing "yes" would've been shorter and less aggravating? Or was this helpful to you? Glad I could help relieve some stress.

Harpy
23rd June 10, 06:17 PM
DAMN stupid Ghana!!

Australia beat Serbia (who beat Germany) 2-1 a few hours ago and we're still out of the World Cup. Faggy red cards.

Cullion
23rd June 10, 06:49 PM
You're just going to have to learn to feign injury better.

partyboy
23rd June 10, 11:24 PM
USA! USA! USA!

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/merica_donovan0.jpg

Alex
24th June 10, 02:32 AM
just thought i would pop in to say FUCK YOU ITALY!

Lebell
24th June 10, 05:16 AM
alex, wats with the avatar pcture?
you look like one of those creepy evangelical dudes.

justheretolearn
24th June 10, 10:14 AM
WTF is wrong with Italy? they were the champ last world cup and now they are in serious danger of being eliminated? Did they get whatever bug that got to France in 2002?

EuropIan
24th June 10, 10:33 AM
DAMN stupid Ghana!!

Australia beat Serbia (who beat Germany) 2-1 a few hours ago and we're still out of the World Cup. Faggy red cards.
Foul like Italians, not like Aussie rules football.

And yes, fuck those guidos.

WTF is wrong with Italy? they were the champ last world cup and now they are in serious danger of being eliminated? Did they get whatever bug that got to France in 2002?

Italy usually start weak but end strong. Although, I could see them lose to Slovenia.

Oh and their coach is a Juventus fanboi.

Japan vs Denmark today. It's going to be a close and (hopefully not) boring match. DK needs a win for to place in the final 16 whereas Japan only needs a draw.

OZZ
24th June 10, 12:02 PM
I think this means we have to play Germany next.

Sunday afternoon..and it should be a great game.

OZZ
24th June 10, 12:03 PM

They were not expected to repeat..although going out before the round of 16 is a bit of a surprise.
That is an upset.

24th June 10, 12:13 PM
LOL
Italy out.
France out.
SAM'S ARMY ROLLS ON!!!

Lebell
24th June 10, 12:36 PM
The Dutch will be waiting, fagg0ts.

EuropIan
24th June 10, 12:49 PM
The Dutch will be waiting, fagg0ts.
Both you and the US will have to play and win 2 matches for that to happen.

24th June 10, 01:49 PM
Both you and the US will have to play and win 2 matches for that to happen. FUCKING CAKE WALK.

BITCHEZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzZZZZZZ

Edit:

LOL Japan !

EuropIan
24th June 10, 02:09 PM
That was pure luck and phail on our part.

24th June 10, 02:25 PM
BOTH??

EuropIan
24th June 10, 02:55 PM
yes.

EuropIan
24th June 10, 03:23 PM
lol failmark

omedetou gozaimasu

24th June 10, 03:26 PM
ALL THREE???

Cullion
24th June 10, 03:29 PM
What went wrong there ?

24th June 10, 04:18 PM
The Japanese were clearly immune to the concept of Monkey Chants and Bananas, thus the Euros were ineffectual

EuropIan
25th June 10, 04:31 AM
The Japanese were simply better and their free kicks had deadly, deadly, precision.

Still, I have more than one horse in this race.

Harpy
25th June 10, 07:18 AM
Lebell, I'm in the Orange camp if USA plays Lolland. Pure luck on the Yanks' part.

Portugal vs Brasil in 80 minutes for a real game of football!!

Oh, and lol @ Italia and :( France

25th June 10, 08:08 AM
Lebell, I'm in the Orange camp
U gonna git RAYPD

Lebell
25th June 10, 08:12 AM
no wai.
the dutch supporters are best known for their non shitty behaviour.
never a problem with the dutch supporters.
and as long as you wear orange you never walk alone.
aPZdeXJ0yx4

25th June 10, 09:35 AM
I would stand on the roof and shoot them with Red/White/Blue paintballs.

OZZ
25th June 10, 02:17 PM
That game today between Portugal and Brazil was one of the most boring games I have ever seen.
Both teams knew they were in with a draw so they don't even bother trying..playing for a 0-0 score is one of the things I hate about this sport.

Oh, and check out this story..they had better ban the damn things or someone is going to get hurt..lol
Police: Vuvuzela noise drives an American nuts Module body

By The Associated Press

BERLIN - German police say an American got so fed up with the constant mosquito-like droning from his neighbours' vuvuzela plastic horns that he threatened to kill them with an axe.

Police in the Bavarian city of Weiden said Friday the 45-year-old man confronted his neighbours during Thursday's Netherlands-Cameroon World Cup game wielding the axe.

They said he was so sick of the constant buzzing and honking from the vuvuzelas since the tournament began that he screamed: "I will kill you," and then returned home.

German authorities took the U.S. Army civilian employee into custody and turned him over to U.S. military police. The military says he has been released and the matter is in German hands.

Prosecutors are investigating whether to charge the man, whose name was not released, with making a threat and slander for allegedly calling his neighbours names.

The cheap, meter (yard)-long vuvuzela trumpets have become a side story of the World Cup in South Africa, where their buzzing has been the backdrop to every match.

Players have been criticizing the noise because they find it difficult to take advice from the bench, and visiting fans have no chance for community singing amid the noise.

A French cable TV channel even offers vuvuzela-free broadcasts for all World Cup matches, with the trumpets digitally tuned out.

Defenders include FIFA President Sepp Blatter, Nobel Peace Prize winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu — and masses of South African football fans.

The trumpets were first produced and marketed in 2001 by South African Neil Van Schalkwyk, who still owns the rights to the vuvuzela name. His latest innovation is to sell each with a pair of earplugs included.

Ajamil
25th June 10, 04:55 PM
Players have been criticizing the noise because they find it difficult to take advice from the bench, and visiting fans have no chance for community singing amid the noise.What an awesome tactic. Do you think they planned it? But they should stop now that their team is out.

Adouglasmhor
25th June 10, 05:19 PM
no wai.
the dutch supporters are best known for their non shitty behaviour.
never a problem with the dutch supporters.
and as long as you wear orange you never walk alone.
aPZdeXJ0yx4

True, we had them over in Glasgow at the qualifiers and they were great. They were confused by our Orangemen though, but who wouldn't be.

billy sol hurok
25th June 10, 06:01 PM
A French cable TV channel even offers vuvuzela-free broadcasts for all World Cup matches, with the trumpets digitally tuned out.

Jeez, I wisht we had one-a themthar doomzday MUH-sheens.

Actually, the monotony of the cursed horns should make them that much easier to filter out electonically.

*glares at ESPN*

Harpy
25th June 10, 09:41 PM
Do you guys really get annoyed by it when watching the games on tv? It's just background noise.

It is stupid and I believe the government should control the supply and also aply some lethal absorbable poison to the mouthpieces to end this problem. I do not want to be accused of racism btw, it's just in the interest of noise control.

EuropIan
26th June 10, 04:34 AM
Do you guys really get annoyed by it when watching the games on tv? It's just background noise.

It is stupid and I believe the government should control the supply and also aply some lethal absorbable poison to the mouthpieces to end this problem. I do not want to be accused of racism btw, it's just in the interest of noise control.
Did you watch the England vs Slovakia game?

That's what a footbal game should sounds like

billy sol hurok
26th June 10, 09:11 AM
Sweet goal, Uruguay!

And I gotta go out and do something, durn it all.

Plasma
27th June 10, 10:37 AM
Germany 4 - England 1 w/ 10 minutes left. England if you need the US to come bail you out against the Germans again, just ask.

EuropIan
27th June 10, 10:43 AM
To be fair, it was in..

So it's should have been 4-2

But the Germans look damn dangerous

Plasma
27th June 10, 10:50 AM
Too late. I guess we now know how WWII would of ended without the Americans & Russians.

Plasma
27th June 10, 10:59 AM
To be fair, it was in..

See by this time either FIFA is bias or they picked the worst refs I have ever seen in the world cup. I refuse to think FIFA is that incompetent. So I figured now that the US is eliminated (seriously who would of thought Ghana would turn into our soccer barrier) they shifted their hate to England.

OZZ
27th June 10, 03:04 PM

Its pretty bad when you can't even hear the fans singing and cheering their teams on. That is what you expect to hear at a football game.

England was ROBBED today..but they ended up conceding 4 goals total so..oh well.
Guess that makes up for 40 years ago when they moved on due to a goal that DIDN"T go in..karma's a bitch.
Argentina looks really strong and I think they are going to win it all.

EuropIan
27th June 10, 03:07 PM
I think the Germans looked really really strong

And Klose is klosing in on Ronldo's World Cup record of 15 WC goals.

OZZ
27th June 10, 03:37 PM
I only got to watch the first half of the Germany-England match because I had to deliver a fucking wall unit...
Argentina and Germany will be a great match.

EuropIan
27th June 10, 03:40 PM
It will most likely be the honorary final this tournament

Truculent Sheep
27th June 10, 05:32 PM
Germany 4 - England 1 w/ 10 minutes left. England if you need the US to sit on our arses for two years, come in late and charge high interest rates, all the while pretending we could have won it on our own, just ask.

Fixed. Also, COME ON GHANA!!!

Too late. I guess we now know how WWII would of ended without the Americans & Russians.

Only if you're a fucking idiot.

Also, COME ON GHANA!!!

SoulMechanic
28th June 10, 03:00 AM
Don't hate that we milked the cow for all we could.

Kiko
28th June 10, 08:25 AM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4n92rU46N1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

Ajamil
28th June 10, 08:56 AM
You know what sucks about having a non-mainstream ISP? ESPN3 won't stream for you.

28th June 10, 10:28 AM
To be fair, it was in..

Really, other then two really really REALLY sloppy defensive sets where the England's defense seemed to be asleep it could have very well been a 2-2 tie. England lost one goal and there were two goals that looked like my boy's U-10 was on the pitch.

And before the Ghana game I told the missus:

the US is going to have a tough game. Ghana is full of young, fast, high-energy and well-conditioned players.

she told me "don't be racist"

OZZ
28th June 10, 12:47 PM
Is it just me or did half the players on the Slovakian team look like they had spent the last few years playing in a prison league?
Good game by the Dutch today..

EuropIan
28th June 10, 01:16 PM
Really, other then two really really REALLY sloppy defensive sets where the England's defense seemed to be asleep it could have very well been a 2-2 tie. England lost one goal and there were two goals that looked like my boy's U-10 was on the pitch.

And before the Ghana game I told the missus:

the US is going to have a tough game. Ghana is full of young, fast, high-energy and well-conditioned players.

she told me "don't be racist"
Germany outplayed England despite the unconceeded goal and proved they would have most likely won regardless.

Ghana played better and the sloppy frantic style of US football got the better of them.

As for the Dutch, they must play better or they will lose. They have a great side, but the laid back sluggishness with has permeated their game is very uncharacteristic for the Dutch

28th June 10, 01:32 PM
Germany outplayed England despite the unconceeded goal and proved they would have most likely won regardless.
They likely would have won as they opened the field. The give and go passing of the German side was nice, however for a large part the game England was able to keep the ball in the German's end of the pitch. It was only on the breakaways that showed England was lacking in defense and their backs would get completely turned around.

Ghana played better and the sloppy frantic style of US football got the better of them.

US kept punching the middle and didn't utilize the wings. They needed to open the middle of the pitch and the game would have likely gone the other way.

As for the Dutch, they must play better or they will lose. They have a great side, but the laid back sluggishness with has permeated their game is very uncharacteristic for the Dutch
They are lazy and haven't been challenged enough and didn't need to up their play.

Truculent Sheep
28th June 10, 06:26 PM

England's problem this time was morale - the moment it went wrong in most of their matches, they simply crumbled. It wasn't a lack of skill, but certainly they paid for their poor organisation. It was more a lack of stomach and spine, though.

bob
28th June 10, 06:31 PM
It's fun to extrapolate national traits from soccer performance. The Dutch always underperform, the English always choke, the Latin teams always cheat, the Africans are energetic but disorganised and the USA lacks enough interest in the world at large to be good at soccer.

OZZ
28th June 10, 07:46 PM
I thought the Dutch played well,they seem pretty organized defensively to me..
To say that they are 'lazy' as they move on to the quarters seems a bit stupid.
Germany vs. Argentina is the game to look forward to. Germany will be favored but I like Argentina's chance of upsetting them.

28th June 10, 08:17 PM
[Looks at Ozz and Sceptic's locations]
feh

EuropIan
29th June 10, 03:44 AM
I thought the Dutch played well,they seem pretty organized defensively to me..
To say that they are 'lazy' as they move on to the quarters seems a bit stupid.
Germany vs. Argentina is the game to look forward to. Germany will be favored but I like Argentina's chance of upsetting them.
Yes, but this is not how we know Dutch football. I can't recognize it.

I hope they can find their extra gear in time when the fight Brazil (who oddly enough also play completely different than they usually do)

Lebell
29th June 10, 05:59 AM
i think the dutch team has some kinda trick up its sleave.
dont ask me why, just a gutfeeling.
BraSIl wll get raiped next.
z0mg.

KO'd N DOA
29th June 10, 06:33 AM
Spain is going to annex Portugual today.

I am in the office early in order to bolt home to see it. I even bought a red shirt thingy to wear and to blend in to the crowd, and a flag to fly on the Car window.

BTW this is my first world cup. I just discovered this style of football, during the Euro Cup. So my pony has the right stuff, if they want to win that is.

Zidan won over my hockey/MMA heart, but apparently headbutting Italian fakers is NOT part of the game. Who knew?

Unlike STEEV I know little of the mechanics of the game...but I am starting to learn.

29th June 10, 08:20 AM
Unlike STEEV I know little of the mechanics of the game...but I am starting to learn.
Like most of the filthy fucking Eurotrash on this thread, I played. I was either the "stopper" or "sweeper" on defense, so I had to learn to read the offense as they came down the field and know how the play would break.

I think it is awesome that you are watching and acquiring a love for the sport. I have tried to explain it to so some of my training partners that is really *is* like a good MMA match in as much as it is a strategy driven chess match where at any given moment one small mistake can make the difference.

See if there is a rec league in your area and go play it's tons of fun and you get to see how really out of shape you are!

Lebell
29th June 10, 09:01 AM
i always liked rugby better, to me football seems gay, running around, faking injuries.
there's good money to be made though, but still.
i have my principles.

29th June 10, 09:09 AM
^^
Lebell can run around and act ghey without feigning injury

OZZ
29th June 10, 10:50 AM
I played too..but I still don't understand the game as well as Hockey.

A lot of Brazil's fans are complaining because they aren't playing the run and gun offensive style they are known for either. I understand why fans of the Netherlands ot Brazil would be pissed if their team started playing a completely different style.
I know I would be pissed if my favorite hockey team stopped playing a physical brand of the game and started trapping the neutral zone.

KO'd N DOA
29th June 10, 10:55 AM
But your favourite Hockey Team Sucks -

EuropIan
29th June 10, 11:24 AM
I played too..but I still don't understand the game as well as Hockey.

A lot of Brazil's fans are complaining because they aren't playing the run and gun offensive style they are known for either. I understand why fans of the Netherlands ot Brazil

What Brazil is doing is playing like Italians without the fishing for penalties.

ie. strong defensive play with contra-oriented offense

OZZ
29th June 10, 11:30 AM
But your favourite Hockey Team Sucks -

Them's fighting words..
Didn't we beat your team out?

OZZ
29th June 10, 12:16 PM
First penalty shootout of the tourney..
Japan is going home.

KO'd N DOA
29th June 10, 12:34 PM
Them's fighting words..
Didn't we beat your team out?

Hence the giant suckage...

<<< go me for spain!!

OZZ
30th June 10, 11:54 AM
Let the trash-talking / media manipulation begin..

Germans: Argentina shows no respect
By NESHA STARCEVIC, AP Sports Writer
2 hours, 36 minutes ago

ERASMIA, South Africa (AP)—Germany midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger accuses World Cup quarterfinals rival Argentina of showing no respect for opponents and referees, and urges his teammates not to be provoked.

Germany eliminated Argentina on penalty kicks four years ago at the same stage and there were chaotic scenes after the shootout, with both sides exchanging punches and kicks in a fracas that included team officials from both benches.

“The shootout is still in our memory, but what really weighs heavily on our minds is what happened after that match,” Schweinsteiger said Wednesday. “We have to remain calm and not get provoked and I hope the referee will be very alert.

“You could see their behavior at halftime of the game against Mexico. When you look at their body language and gesticulations, they way they try to influence the referees, they have no respect. It’s their mentality and character and we’ll have to adjust.”

Mexico and Argentina players had to be separated as they headed for the tunnel at halftime of the teams’ second-round game, with the Mexicans furious over Argentina’s first goal that came when scorer Carlos Tevez clearly was offside.

Argentina won 3-1.

Schweinsteiger also accused Argentine fans of taking the places of others in the stadiums and refusing to move. It was not clear where he got his evidence from.

But the midfielder praised Argentina as a team, saying the squad coached by Diego Maradona was better in “every sector” than the team Germany beat four years ago.

Schweinsteiger singled out veteran Juan Sebastian Veron.

“He has played very strongly here, I have been impressed,” Schweinsteiger said.

Schweinsteiger repeated that stopping Argentina star Lionel Messi will need a strong “collective effort.”

“Other teams also have done it. He hasn’t scored yet and we want to keep it that way,” said Schweinsteiger, who has played 78 games for Germany although he is still just 25.

“We’ll find the right game plan to hurt Argentina, although we know how strong Argentina is. At this level, you can’t make mistakes, it’s the details that decide the match.”

Thomas Mueller, who scored twice against England, could be the deciding factor in the match, which might be embarrasing to Maradona.

By now, he should have heard of Mueller. The last time Argentina played Germany in a friendly in March, Maradona felt so slighted when Mueller sat on the podium with him at the postmatch news conference that he stormed off and refused to return until Mueller left the stage to the coach alone.

Mueller had just made his debut for Germany then. Now, he leads his team at the World Cup with three goals.

Coach Joachim Loew said forward Cacau is unlikely to recover from a right thigh injury in time for the match.

Argentina beat Germany 1-0 with relative ease in that March friendly in Munich. Schweinsteiger said that result meant little.

“One, it was a friendly. Two, they did not create many chances either. Three, we have gained a lot of confidence by beating England and the good tactics we used in that game,” Schweinsteiger said.

Germany advanced to the quarterfinal with a 4-1 win.

Schweinsteiger said he expected the upcoming match to be a tactical affair, “just as it was in 2006.”

Argentina has only one win over Germany at the World Cup, in the 1986 final when Maradona was still playing. Overall in the World Cup, they have met five times and twice in the final.

Maradona led Argentina to that 3-2 win in Mexico, while in Italy in 1990, Germany won 1-0 on a penalty kick. Those were also the last times either team won the World Cup.

Germany won a group match 3-1 in 1958 and the two teams drew 0-0 in another group match in 1966.

30th June 10, 12:27 PM
lol Germany

DerAuslander108
30th June 10, 12:41 PM
I have a man-crush on Schweinsteiger.

30th June 10, 12:51 PM
Messi will man-crush Schweinsteiger
and I hope Germany gets shut out and Klose is denied passing Pele

DerAuslander108
30th June 10, 02:15 PM
You son my bitch.

KO'd N DOA
30th June 10, 02:50 PM
¡Ole!

When I get a dog, I am going to call him 'David Villa'.

billy sol hurok
30th June 10, 03:08 PM
¡Vaya Paraguay!

OZZ
30th June 10, 03:17 PM
I usually cheer for Germany..but I want Argentina to win..

KO'd N DOA
30th June 10, 03:22 PM
¡Vaya Paraguay!

Bring it!

billy sol hurok
30th June 10, 05:13 PM
Bring it!

Oh, it's been broughten. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1290583/WORLD-CUP-2010-Model-Larissa-Riquelme-promises-home-strip-difference-Paraguay-triumph.html)

KO'd N DOA
1st July 10, 08:32 AM
Oh, it's been broughten. (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1290583/WORLD-CUP-2010-Model-Larissa-Riquelme-promises-home-strip-difference-Paraguay-triumph.html)

Well played...Saturday it is.

Harpy
2nd July 10, 04:49 PM
i think the dutch team has some kinda trick up its sleave.
dont ask me why, just a gutfeeling.
BraSIl wll get raiped next.
z0mg.

Jesus, Lebell was right!!!

Brasil has been knocked out by the Orangemen.

OZZ
3rd July 10, 11:18 AM
Well that really sucks for Argentina. The first half was close..but Germany blew them out in the 2nd half.
I think there is good reason to believe the Germans are going to bowl over everyone in this tournament.

justheretolearn
3rd July 10, 11:35 AM
4-0??????? Oh well, at least now we don't have to see Maradona naked....

billy sol hurok
3rd July 10, 03:45 PM
Nuts! Pretty zany game though . . . (Paraguay/Spain).

Ajamil
3rd July 10, 04:00 PM
Come on Uruguay! Win it for the Western Hemisphere!

4th July 10, 11:15 AM
Overall, Germany doesn't LOOK as good as they SHOULD LOOK based on all the scores. I mean, they spread that field and work some nice angles, but damn they lazy.

KO'd N DOA
5th July 10, 08:47 AM
Nuts! Pretty zany game though . . . (Paraguay/Spain).

I am going to have to read up on the rules...cause most of that drama was over my head. For next world cup. Goals called back, penilty shots refused, retaken, I just don't know.

I'll take the win, but Spain has to be way better against Germany. Its a different German team than Spain beat for the Euro - so it will be interesting.

Tues and Wed will be non-productive days at work, thats for sure.

KO'd N DOA
6th July 10, 03:02 PM
2-1 Nederlands lead, 20 mins to go...

actually just became 3-1.

Now 3-2 Final. Good game.

partyboy
6th July 10, 04:47 PM
LEBELL CAN FINALLY GET SOME BJ-GOODNESS!!!!

Dutch porn star offers sex for twitter followers
http://guyism.com/2010/07/bobbi-eden-dutch-porn-star-offers-sex-to-twitter-followers.html

6th July 10, 05:25 PM
I am annoyed that Lebell now has success based on national origin.

Harpy
6th July 10, 05:34 PM
And height.

OZZ
7th July 10, 09:36 AM
Germany will beat Spain today..and then they will win it all.
Sorry, Lebell..but thats the way it is going to go down.

KO'd N DOA
7th July 10, 10:01 AM
WAR SPAIN..

bob
7th July 10, 03:47 PM
Final = Spain vs. Their Own Netherregions. Oooh the suspense.

Harpy
7th July 10, 06:39 PM
That psychic octopus (and German traitor) better predict a Netherland victory!!!!!!

OZZ
7th July 10, 07:34 PM
Fucking Germany plays an offensive game the whole tournament and dominates and then decides to sit back against Spain..what a bunch of idiots the coaching staff are...talk about backfiring.
I am glad they lost..I am cheering for Spain in the final.

Truculent Sheep
7th July 10, 08:45 PM
There were a fair few England supporters rooting for Spain today, judging by the victorious grunts that could be heard coming from many a Dagenham council house when Puyol scored his goal...

KO'd N DOA
8th July 10, 08:52 AM
It should be a good game...the team is motivated because with unemployment back home of 30%, the riots could ignite a regional conflict.

I know next to nothing about soccar or Spain, but am basing it on my experience with my hockey team- montreal, where our win or lose riots look like a G8/G20 meeting protest.

Watching both games this weekend.

8th July 10, 10:16 AM
It should be a good game...the team is motivated because with unemployment back home of 30%, the riots could ignite a regional conflict.

I know next to nothing about soccar or Spain, but am basing it on my experience with my hockey team- montreal, where our win or lose riots look like a G8/G20 meeting protest.

Watching both games this weekend.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=2942367n

KO'd N DOA
8th July 10, 11:06 AM
Snake,

You do bring the goods.

When you are mod, I will be slipping some green your way for asking for special powers and favours ...oops, I forgot, seeing that you are beyond reproach and above corruption - perhaps a contribution in your honour to a Charity might suffice?

OZZ
8th July 10, 11:24 AM
I am teaching a 5 week ESL program right now for a private international school and a lot of the kids are from Spain..they are so excited about the World Cup.
I have to take them to a Blue Jays game in Toronto on Sunday and most of them are going to bolt halfway through the baseball game to go watch soccer on the jumbo TV in front of the Air Canada centre..
I am really dissapointed with the way the Germans played. Spain just waited for a crack to open and capitalize and the Germans were not nearly as agressive as they were in the other matches. I know they needed to respect Spain, but they really played an ineffective game in my opinion.
I hope Spain wins the tourney now..but it seems like every team I would like to see win , loses..so Holland will likely take it.

8th July 10, 11:29 AM
Snake,

You do bring the goods.

When you are mod, I will be slipping some green your way for asking for special powers and favours ...oops, I forgot, seeing that you are beyond reproach and above corruption - perhaps a contribution in your honour to a Charity might suffice?

I will make you my Sgt. At Arms.

!VIVA LA REVOLUTION!