PDA

View Full Version : Houston Teacher beats up 13 old student.

mrblackmagic
13th May 10, 04:17 PM
For hitting a girl. Pure WIN.

BZgn8-aaiz0

The Harris County charter school teacher caught on video beating up a student faces an unrelated criminal charge accusing her of using a knife to slash the tires of another woman's car, according to court documents.

Sheri Lynn Davis, 40, had a warrant for her arrest on the misdemeanor criminal mischief charge since March. The Jamie's House Charter School science teacher turned herself in and posted $1,000 bond Wednesday, a day after the video of her apparently kicking and slapping 13-year-old Isaiah Reagins went viral on the Internet.

Davis has not been charged in the April 29 beating incident, but the Harris County Sheriff's Office is investigating. Davis' attorney, Chip Lewis, declined to comment today but said he would answer questions Friday.

The Texas Education Agency is sending staff to the charter school today and plans to open an investigation.

“We particularly want to know whether this is a pervasive problem,” TEA spokeswoman Debbie Ratcliffe said.

Isaiah and his mother, Alesha Johnson, plan to file a lawsuit today against Davis and the school, according to their attorney, Brant Stogner.

“Never did we think we had to worry about teacher-on-kid bullying,” Stogner said, “but apparently we do.”

Jamie's House serves about 100 at-risk middle and high school students and is rated “academically acceptable” by the TEA. It opened as a state-approved charter school in 1999.

“There is no excuse for a teacher to behave this way with a child,” Jamie's House Principal David Jones has said in a statement. “This incident violates every principle by which we operate Jamie's House Charter School.”

Davis has taught at the school for three years and was popular with the students, according to a school spokeswoman. She is not a certified teacher but has a bachelor's degree from Texas A&M University, according to the school.

[email protected]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/moms/7003519.html

I'm not against that old school take-the-law-into-your-own-hands style of teaching. It usually those folks that really cared and you could turn to when you had problems, but that was extreme.

Although, you got to admit. That was a pretty good standing guard pass.

SoulMechanic
13th May 10, 04:26 PM
Boy hits girl=boy gets ass whooped. Case closed.

jkdbuck76
13th May 10, 04:35 PM
My wife teaches special ed...... I'm going to show her this vid, uh, and none of my past avatars.

It is funny that this is a charter school. You know how people would kill to get their kids into them because the charter schools are sooooo much better and immune to all that evil violence that you get in those inner city schools.

I wonder why there was no teacher's aid or anything.

If you want my wife's special ed teachers analysis of all that is wrong with what happened procedurally, then stay tuned.

Kirk out.

Cullion
13th May 10, 04:39 PM
lol, that boy's a pussy.

Commodore Pipes
13th May 10, 04:57 PM
Was there a herd animal being tortured in the background, or was that the boy making all that noise?

Feryk
13th May 10, 04:59 PM
No more Jugs? Where are the jugs?

BadUglyMagic
13th May 10, 05:10 PM
Jamie's House serves about 100 at-risk middle and high school students and is rated “academically acceptable” by the TEA. It opened as a state-approved charter school in 1999.

One definition for at-risk students is that they haven't committed any felonies, yet.

From ericsdigests.org:

WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF AT-RISK STUDENTS?
At-risk students are students who are not experiencing success in school and are potential dropouts. They are usually low academic achievers who exhibit low self-esteem. Disproportionate numbers of them are males and minorities. Generally they are from low socioeconomic status families. Students who are both low income and minority status are at higher risk; their parents may have low educational backgrounds and may not have high educational expectations for their children.

At-risk students tend not to participate in school activities and have a minimal identification with the school. They have disciplinary and truancy problems that lead to credit problems. They exhibit impulsive behavior and their peer relationships are problematic. Family problems, drug addictions, pregnancies, and other problems prevent them from participating successfully in school. As they experience failure and fall behind their peers, school becomes a negative environment that reinforces their low self-esteem.

Feryk
13th May 10, 05:15 PM
You are saying this kid is a thug, who deserved it?

You could be right, but this 40 year old teacher lost her temper and let the little fucker cost her a decent job in a shitty economy. Dumbass move.

Commodore Pipes
13th May 10, 05:17 PM
My wife teaches special ed...... I'm going to show her this vid, uh, and none of my past avatars.

It is funny that this is a charter school. You know how people would kill to get their kids into them because the charter schools are sooooo much better and immune to all that evil violence that you get in those inner city schools.

I wonder why there was no teacher's aid or anything.

If you want my wife's special ed teachers analysis of all that is wrong with what happened procedurally, then stay tuned.

Kirk out.

I'm going to hazard a guess and suggest that it was the "beating up an unresisting student" part.

Commodore Pipes
13th May 10, 05:19 PM

You could be right, but this 40 year old teacher lost her temper and let the little fucker cost her a decent job in a shitty economy. Dumbass move.

I didn't think of that - so it's like the kid won!

Feryk
13th May 10, 05:23 PM
If you count that he's probably going to cash in on the lawsuit, he definitely won.

Spade: The Real Snake
13th May 10, 05:48 PM
'HOOD JUSTICE

Kein Haar
13th May 10, 05:54 PM
Was there a herd animal being tortured in the background, or was that the boy making all that noise?

That's one way to put it.

Another way is to compare the melee to chimp warfare.

Another apt comparison by me.

Where Hedgehogey at????

bob
13th May 10, 05:58 PM
Call that a beating?

13th May 10, 06:02 PM
well I certainly don't call it a comeback (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg)

Sirc
13th May 10, 06:48 PM
That was not a beating. What a pussy. That was just a mild warning.

bob
13th May 10, 07:03 PM
Yeah, Sirc knows what a beating looks like.

SoulMechanic
13th May 10, 07:27 PM
The humiliation factor is where the lesson will really be drilled into his young mind.

Kein Haar
13th May 10, 08:11 PM
"Let that be a lesson to the rest of you....nuts."

BadUglyMagic
13th May 10, 08:25 PM

No. afaik, the proper response is to notify the principal and the school resource officer (uniform assign to work the school). The student will then be detained and transported to the local PD and charged. At least thats how it is supposed to work.

Is it just me, look at the teacher's stance and posturing. Could be the teacher is from that kind of background and was responding in kind. Considering there was a video, the teacher could have been set up.

But yeah, she gets fired and the school pays out.

jkdbuck76
13th May 10, 09:24 PM
I'm going to hazard a guess and suggest that it was the "beating up an unresisting student" part.

Mrs Jkdbuck76's comment was "That woman is CRAZY. She will never teach again."

The wife has 11 years teaching experience in special ed, has a Master's, and is trained in CPI (which I call Tard-jutsu).

jkdbuck76
13th May 10, 09:34 PM
No more Jugs? Where are the jugs?

They shall return, my friend. More handwarmers are on the way.

Zendetta
13th May 10, 11:04 PM
Knee ride to ground-n-pound...

...Teacher of the Year?

WarPhalange
14th May 10, 12:32 AM
Boy hits girl=boy gets ass whooped. Case closed.

Girl hits boy = girl gets ass whooped? Somehow I don't see that happening.

SoulMechanic
14th May 10, 12:46 AM
True story here. Last week my friends niece slapped a boy who called her a slut and other choice words at school. Guess what the boy does. He called his mommy, who came like a big old silverback to her school, drags her by the hair into the parking lot and precedes to punch, kick and stomp along side her daughter who drove with her to the high school. All while encouraging her daughter to "beat dat bitch ass!" Mom and daughter were arrested. The boy was expelled from school. I know it is a bit out of context, but yeah that shit just happened. Bums me out.

jkdbuck76
14th May 10, 06:59 AM
True story here. Last week my friends niece slapped a boy who called her a slut and other choice words at school. Guess what the boy does. He called his mommy, who came like a big old silverback to her school, drags her by the hair into the parking lot and precedes to punch, kick and stomp along side her daughter who drove with her to the high school. All while encouraging her daughter to "beat dat bitch ass!" Mom and daughter were arrested. The boy was expelled from school. I know it is a bit out of context, but yeah that shit just happened. Bums me out.

Which demonstrates what kind of a mom she really is. If she was a good mom, she would have taught her son not to disrespect women like that.....says the guy with a boob-filled avatar.

mrblackmagic
14th May 10, 10:07 AM
Apparently, the teacher is crazy. She had a warrant out for her arrest, for slicing somebody's tires.

CPI (which I call Tard-jutsu).
There is a special form to handle them?

Feryk
14th May 10, 10:34 AM
Which demonstrates what kind of a mom she really is. If she was a good mom, she would have taught her son not to disrespect women like that.....says the guy with a boob-filled avatar.

You are honoring the perfection of the female form. I would argue that you have the highest respect for the feminine of the species.

On a side note: YAY!!! Jugs are back!

KO'd N DOA
14th May 10, 01:58 PM
If teachers are no longer allowed to do that, then I never want to be a teacher again.

OZZ
14th May 10, 05:59 PM
Fuck, when I was in Grade 9 I got slapped in the head with a book by a supply teacher..not a little paperback either, a thick textbook. I was acting up, but I didn't do anything all that bad, really. I called her a bitch after she hit me, and she didn't do shit because she knew she had lost her cool.
If I had grown up in this culture of 'sue anyone at the drop of a hat ' that we live in now, I could have been a millionaire...

14th May 10, 07:40 PM
We had a American History/Civics/Free Enterprise teacher who lifted weights and played guitar in a "hard country" band.

One day he turned his back to write something on the board and a huge full piece of paper spitwad landed on the board, inches from his head.

He whipped around and demand, "WHO THREW THAT......", then added with a soft growl, "name the dog."

The entire class was stone silent except one kid who was giggling.

"IT WAS YOU." he pointed, bicep flexing, "wasn't it?"

:giggling: "no"

The teacher picked up the desk, with the kid still in it and threw it a good five feet into the wall. The kid sitting next to him blurted out, "It was me, I did it!"

The teacher helped the other kid up, apologized and took him to the store at lunch and bought him a sandwich and a pair of 501s and taught for another 20 years.

14th May 10, 07:41 PM
He also like to tell the story of the time he won big at blackjack in Las Vegas, bought a brand new pair of ostrich skin boots and then choked his dog "Boo-Boo" when he came home from teaching and found the dog had eaten them.

14th May 10, 07:43 PM
He also had another habit of asking "WHAT DID YOU EAT FOR BREAKFAST???" to the class.

His answer was always "egg white omelette, Joe Weiders shake and a handful of vitamins"

He had a story where he asked this one girl and
day one: Pepsi and a donut
day two: cup of coffee and a cigarette
day three: a banana and a quaalude

she then puked, ran out of the building with him in chase, flagged down a trucker, got into the rig and was never seen again.

bob
14th May 10, 08:04 PM
Quite a few of my teachers had sanction to use violence. One maths teacher had a leather shaving strap that he kept next to his desk called "Herman" which he would use on you if you hadn't done your homework.

Then there was the more formal caning procedure. Pro-tip, when given the choice pick the thicker one. It may bruise more but the thin, whippy ones really sting. Though I can't imagine that bit of advice will be useful for anyone these days unless they visit S&M clubs.

Harpy
14th May 10, 08:37 PM
That boy's mother (single mum for sure) deserves an ass-whooping. The teacher was out of line but I hope she's able to find work in a different field.

jkdbuck76
14th May 10, 08:49 PM
Apparently, the teacher is crazy. She had a warrant out for her arrest, for slicing somebody's tires.

There is a special form to handle them?

I know of 2 different types of child restraint.

One is CPI. The other is called Bridge Building. Both types are used in schools and in mental hospitals. AFAIK, CPI uses restraining methods to stop kids from harming themselves and others. You may use ONLY the CPI techniques to restrain a child and if you use ANYTHING other than CPI, then CPI INC will not come to your defense at trail.

My wife has to re-certify in CPI once a year or every other year. I think it is gh3y. She assures me that Bridge Building is even gh3yer since they are not allowed to restrain the child.

CPI = T.A.R.D.-jutsu. Techniques Against Resisting Deviants. I made that one up and shared it with Mrs. JKDBUck's co-workers.

They hate me.

HappyOldGuy
14th May 10, 08:59 PM
Is that hug jitsu? My mom worked in a state mental hospital and had to take that stuff.

She'd a smacked you one for your joke. But I laughed.

SoulMechanic
14th May 10, 10:05 PM
Thanks Buck, I now will have the coolest style field on B.S.

Harpy
14th May 10, 11:53 PM
JKDBuck - father of the jug avatars and founder of TARDjitsu.

mrblackmagic
15th May 10, 07:45 AM

One is CPI. The other is called Bridge Building. Both types are used in schools and in mental hospitals. AFAIK, CPI uses restraining methods to stop kids from harming themselves and others. You may use ONLY the CPI techniques to restrain a child and if you use ANYTHING other than CPI, then CPI INC will not come to your defense at trail.

My wife has to re-certify in CPI once a year or every other year. I think it is gh3y. She assures me that Bridge Building is even gh3yer since they are not allowed to restrain the child.

CPI = T.A.R.D.-jutsu. Techniques Against Resisting Deviants. I made that one up and shared it with Mrs. JKDBUck's co-workers.

They hate me.

Push ups and well worth it.

What techniques does CPI teacher? Hammerlocks, far-side two-on-ones etc?

Kein Haar
15th May 10, 08:02 AM

They hate me.

Jeez, my mom worked in a tard place too.

I brought up the idea of making a video called "tard sparring". You know...techniques for the wimminz to deal with the assburgers and stuff.*

The director of the place loved the idea and seriously suggested that her husband fim it (I guess he had a nice video camera).

*Yes, I know assburgers arent teh violent ones.

jkdbuck76
15th May 10, 12:49 PM
Push ups and well worth it.

What techniques does CPI teacher? Hammerlocks, far-side two-on-ones etc?

I think so. Some regrabs. What to do if they grab hour hair or bite you.

Ideally, it takes 3 adults to properly do Tardjutsu: two to restrain the child plus one witness. But normally it is just 2, a master and an apprentice....or one doing the restraining and the other is the witness.

You are not allowed to sit on a kid. Neither are you allowed to sit behind then and wrap them up (some kid got suffocated I think). And when I say "sit behind them and wrap them up" I mean to say that you take their back and wrap your arms around their arms and SIT THERE until help arrives.

My wife had one kid on his first day rumble with the teachers for 45 minutes until the cops arrived. He tried to jump out 3rd floor window. He trashed a room completely and kicked the restraining teacher's shins so bad they looked like hamburger. And after this, a few days later they had to have a meeting to determine if they needed to send this kid away to an actual psychiatric facility. Which to me was a fucking no-brainer if I ever heard one. Apparently, this kid blows up like this 4 times a week for anywhere between 5 minutes and 2 hours.

Long/short: they sent the kid to a psychiatric hospital and the doctor there made a shocking discovery: the pediatrician was "medically abusing" the boy! The pediatrician was giving the boy 3 times the dosage of atterol (or ritalin) that you would normally give a grown man. This boy was a 5th grader.

So they got this boy's meds under control and he's in a "special" school for the really violent kids. My understanding is that he has not had any blowups since his meds got worked out. Won't be long, he'll be back in a normal school building.

jkdbuck76
15th May 10, 12:58 PM
Jeez, my mom worked in a tard place too.

I brought up the idea of making a video called "tard sparring". You know...techniques for the wimminz to deal with the assburgers and stuff.*

The director of the place loved the idea and seriously suggested that her husband fim it (I guess he had a nice video camera).

*Yes, I know assburgers arent teh violent ones.

My 14 year old niece has t3h assburgers and she is a little different, but she's the smartest kid I know. Srsly. She could be the academic team's secret weapon. I think I told this one: but the football team was heckling her one time. Little did they know that their coach is our family friend. He ran them to death and made them apologize. Little fuckwadz.

On mother's day, my niece told me that the kids still make fun of her in school and that she just lets it go in one ear and out the other. BUT there is one boy who is totally cruel to her and she said "Uncle Buck, that is the one kid I HATE more than anyone else or anything else in this world. If I could, I'd take off my belt, wrap it around his red neck and hang him until he stopped kicking."

BadUglyMagic
19th May 10, 03:03 PM
The teacher involved in the beating has made a statemnt about the events leading up to the beatdown. The link is below:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/tech-15749651/beating-caught-on-tape-teacher-speaks-19911793

Ajamil
19th May 10, 05:31 PM
She was right to get fired, but I don't hold her actions against her. Adrenaline dump and a punk-ass kid who needed a beating. I think she was doing better with the criminal histories part rather than "black kids got da white girl cornered."

Feryk
19th May 10, 05:35 PM
I love the 'it was a hostile environment for both the teachers and the students' bullshit.

She was Teacher of The Year for a couple of years. If it was a hostile environment, she should've left long ago.

She lost her temper and went ghetto on a kid who probably deserved it. She got fired for her stunning lack of judgement. The kids' mom is looking to cash in, and she will.

19th May 10, 05:39 PM
I love the 'it was a hostile environment for both the teachers and the students' bullshit.

She was Teacher of The Year for a couple of years. If it was a hostile environment, she should've left long ago.

She lost her temper and went ghetto on a kid who probably deserved it. She got fired for her stunning lack of judgement. The kids' mom is looking to cash in, and she will.

She was teacher of the year by winning the King of the Ring for three years straight.

Then some kid took her strap......

SoulMechanic
19th May 10, 07:37 PM
If karma is as real as you hippy faggots say it is then I should hire that bitch to by my nanny.

jkdbuck76
19th May 10, 09:45 PM
The kids' mom is looking to cash in, and she will.

...and what does her son learn? "It pays to be a little shit, but being a shit to a little shit when you are an old shit doesn't pay shit."

Feryk
20th May 10, 09:31 AM
He will learn that the school paid for Mom's new house.

nihilist
20th May 10, 11:44 PM
She wouldn't admit this publicly but as a teacher she was demonstrating the proper way to menace a retard.

bob
20th May 10, 11:46 PM
If you can't humiliate a child and break their spirit with words alone then you really have no place in the teaching profession.

kick
21st May 10, 12:33 AM
I think that it is still legal in Queensland to smack kids (reasonable force in disciplining) It is against policy but still legal, about a year ago, a male teacher gave a male student an open handed slap on the face, went to court got thrown out still legal. Apparently the law hasnt changed in the last 50 years, just practice.

I remember getting the cane at school when I was young.

jkdbuck76
21st May 10, 06:38 AM
My stepdad, now 88 years old told me that when he was in school, the teacher took a rubber strap to a kid's leg and drew blood.