PDA

View Full Version : Irish Mobster Fugitive in Canada?

OZZ
20th April 10, 11:16 AM
This guy's been on the lam for a long time..and his case is quite interesting. THE FBI spent MILLIONS on surveillance and even protected and paid out large sums of money to known murderers to get info from them ...last time a video surfaced of him he was in England somewhere..

Most wanted' fugitive allegedly linked to 19 murders could be in B.C.
Module body

Tue Apr 20, 6:28 AM

By The Canadian Press

ADVERTISEMENT

VICTORIA, B.C. - Victoria residents who enjoy a good murder mystery might want to head to their nearest bookstore, where instead of reading they can help the FBI solve one of its most high-profile cases.

At least two bookstores in the Vancouver Island city have been asked to keep an eye out for fugitive James J. Bulger, the man believed to have inspired Jack Nicholson's character in the film "The Departed."

The 80-year-old Bulger is one of the FBI's ten most wanted and is alleged to have played a role in 19 murders while he led a Boston-area organized crime group.

Bulger has been on the run for 15 years and is described as an "avid reader," but the FBI hasn't publicly disclosed why it's warned B.C. bookstores to watch out for him.

The bureau does say Bulger's known to frequent libraries and historic sites and maintains his physical fitness by walking on beaches and in parks with his female companion.

Bulger is between 5 foot 7 and 5 foot 9, weighs 150 to 160 pounds, has a medium build, white hair, and blue eyes.

He's also wanted on racketeering, extortion, narcotics and money laundering charges.

He's known to use several aliases, including Thomas F. Baxter, Mark Shapeton, Jimmy Bulger and "Whitey."

He's travelled extensively throughout the United States, Europe, Canada and Mexico and is known to alter his appearance by using disguises.

The FBI says he should be considered armed and dangerous because he carries a knife at all times and has a violent temper.

His female companion, Catherine Elizabeth Greig, is wanted for harbouring a federal fugitive.

The 59-year-old has blonde hair, blue eyes, and is known to frequent beauty salons.

The FBI is offering a $2 million reward for information leading directly to Bulger's arrest.

Feryk
20th April 10, 11:30 AM
Wow 80 years old and they still are willing to pay $2 Million for his arrest.

He REALLY pissed off the FBI.

mrblackmagic
20th April 10, 11:51 AM
How very prohibition.

Cullion
20th April 10, 01:09 PM
He sorta looks like Clarence Bodiker here:-

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/82/WhiteyStevie.jpg/250px-WhiteyStevie.jpg

kracker
20th April 10, 02:08 PM
Monitor the Liquor stores. He'll run out of Guinness eventually and have to go in.

Doritosaurus Chex
20th April 10, 02:19 PM
He sorta looks like Clarence Bodiker here:-

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/82/WhiteyStevie.jpg/250px-WhiteyStevie.jpg

Bitches, leave.

Cullion
20th April 10, 03:59 PM
Monitor the Liquor stores. He'll run out of Guinness eventually and have to go in.

Wiki says he never drank to excess but used to have a taste for women on the side, but he's almost certainly too old for that now.

Toby Christensen
21st April 10, 01:22 AM
I've been following the case for a while.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

WarPhalange
21st April 10, 01:30 AM
They spent $2M to try and catch him? Idiots. All you need is a potato on a string that you pull away just as he is trying to catch it. Keep him focused on it and then move in with the big guns.

littleoldme
21st April 10, 03:34 AM
http://lolcat.com/pics/relavanttomyinterests.jpg

Feryk
21st April 10, 12:53 PM
I've been following the case for a while.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Why, exactly? How does a Boston Irish Mob fugitive rate as interesting to you, half a world away?

littleoldme
21st April 10, 01:34 PM

oops

Commodore Pipes
21st April 10, 01:46 PM
Wiki says he never drank to excess but used to have a taste for women on the side, but he's almost certainly too old for that now.

Wait a minute - I thought he was Irish.

Cullion
21st April 10, 04:46 PM
No he's 'Irish-American'. Like Reese.

Commodore Pipes
21st April 10, 04:57 PM
That should make him a bigger drunkard, though.

Cullion
21st April 10, 05:07 PM
No, he rose to leadership and maintained it. He's not some low-level thug.

Neildo
21st April 10, 05:52 PM
maybe they mean 'never drank to excess' for an irishman. an american that drank as much as he did would have been sent to the Betty Ford clinic by a judge.

Cullion
21st April 10, 05:54 PM
This sparks an interesting thought. I'm going to start a new thread about what people consider to be heavy drinking.

Zendetta
21st April 10, 06:32 PM
No he's 'Irish-American'. Like Reese.

South Boston Irish(-americans) like this dude will, seriously, kill you for suggesting that they aren't real Sons of Eire.

Cullion
21st April 10, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I don't care. There are Americans with all kinds of made up identities willing to 'totally' threaten violence. They'd still get laughed at in their (largely imaginary) ethnic homeland though.

Essentially most Europeans consider what people like that are doing to be a form of LARPing and they keep their mouths shut about it when they're handing over the tourist dollars.

Zendetta
21st April 10, 07:19 PM
Oh, I get it.

I'm just saying that there are Irish Bars in Southie that you would not make it home from if you came in singing that tune.

We are not talking about your usual plastic paddy who drinks green beer once a year - these are people who take their ethnic tribalism very seriously.

Cullion
21st April 10, 07:21 PM
It's still delusional. Somebody ought to tell them. Thank God for the Internet, eh?

I mean nobody wants to be the pale, ginger version of a 'guido', do they ?

Commodore Pipes
21st April 10, 07:32 PM
Stiff Little Fingers tried to tell them, but by then they were doing that ridiculous sounding cock rock, and nobody listened.

Although, delusional or not, Whitey did ship arms to the IRA, so he's involved in Irish politics in some level.

Cullion
21st April 10, 07:33 PM
Yes, lots of 'Irish' Americans donated money to the IRA.

For shame.

Commodore Pipes
21st April 10, 07:36 PM
Oh it must seem so romantic
When the fighting's over there
And they're passing round the shamrock
And you're all filled up with tears
"For the love of dear old Ireland"
That you've never even seen
You throw in twenty dollars
And sing "Wearing of the Green"

(Chorus:)
Each dollar a bullet
Each victim someone's son
And Americans kill Irishmen
As surely as if they fired the gun

Now you've never stood on Belfast's streets
And heard the bombs explode
Or hid beneath the blankets
When there's riots down the road
No, you've never had your best friend die
Or lost a favourite son
But you'll stand there and tell us
Just what we're doing wrong

Each false word a bullet
And Englishmen kill Irishmen

From the minute that you're born you're told
to hate the other side
"They're not like us, they're not the same
We know because we're right"
But can't you see we're all the same
There is no right and wrong
Why can't we stop and realise
We've hated too much, too long

Each old lie a bullet
And Irishmen kill Irishmen

How can you convince yourself
That what you do is right?
When people are dying there
Night after night
Don't you ever wonder
Why it stilll goes on?
The hopes and fears and all the tears
Are buried in your ground
Buried in your ground

Each rumour a bullet
And careless talk kills Irishmen
As surely as if words fired the gun

Well it's lasted for so long now
And so many have died
It's such a part of my own life
Yet it leaves me mystified
How a people so intelligent
Friendly, kind and brave
Can throw themselves so willingly
Into an open grave

Each new day a bullet
And ignorance kills Irishmen
As surely as if we fired the gun

OZZ
21st April 10, 09:39 PM
Wow 80 years old and they still are willing to pay $2 Million for his arrest.

He REALLY pissed off the FBI.

Dude, read his case history some time..he is one of the only one's who got away from that group and the FBI is REALLY pissed over that case, man. They were dragged through the mud for their handling of the sting operations and their informants were allowed to murder people and get paid while doing it !! They want him really bad.
I don't think he will ever get caught. He's a master of disguise and he stuffed millions away before he took off. He's probably got three different passports, and I'll bet one of them is a Canadian one.
I remember that he is also on some sort of heart medication as well..so he's been getting prescriptions written for him all this time too..maybe that's difficult and maybe not..but I am impressed with how long he's been able to avoid capture, considering he likes to go out in public a lot.

SoulMechanic
21st April 10, 10:44 PM
Now what I find hilarious is when my cousins in Ireland would write me letters asking me if I hung out with Bon Jovi and Paris Hilton during my stint tending bar in Beverly Hills. The youngest one, I imagine still thinks I am indeed keeping up with the Kardashians. . .

SoulMechanic
21st April 10, 11:06 PM
Although, I must admit Kourtney is my girl.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e238/interloper5/kourtney.jpg

Feryk
22nd April 10, 01:26 PM
Apparently, Kim is hosting a club party in my town. They are advertising it on the radio.

How the mighty have fallen.