PDA

View Full Version : Pasta con i neri

Aphid Jones
17th April 10, 09:16 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8627335.stm

An Australian publisher has had to pulp and reprint a cook-book after one recipe listed "salt and freshly ground black people" instead of black pepper.
Penguin Group Australia had to reprint 7,000 copies of Pasta Bible last week, the Sydney Morning Herald has reported.
The reprint cost A$20,000 ($18,000; 12,000), but stock in bookshops will not be recalled as it is "extremely hard" to do so, Penguin said.
The recipe was for spelt tagliatelle with sardines and prosciutto.
"We're mortified that this has become an issue of any kind, and why anyone would be offended, we don't know," head of publishing Bob Sessions is quoted as saying by the Sydney newspaper.
Penguin said almost every one of the more than 150 recipes in the book listed salt and freshly ground black pepper, but a misprint occurred on just one page.
"When it comes to the proofreader, of course they should have picked it up, but proofreading a cook-book is an extremely difficult task. I find that quite forgivable," Mr Sessions said.
If anyone complains about the "silly mistake", they will be given the new version, Penguin said.

Cullion
17th April 10, 09:24 PM
meh, I'd be surprised if many black people really cared about a little misprint like that.
On the other hand, the dude might have just gotten way more than 12000 worth of publicity by making that gesture.

partyboy
18th April 10, 10:45 AM
so was I wrong to make it with ground up black people? I have a large surplus in my area

Cullion
18th April 10, 10:48 AM
sounds like good eatin

Kiko
18th April 10, 06:52 PM
They must use that book here....

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/129155910658764707.jpg

Ajamil
18th April 10, 10:55 PM
"why anyone would be offended, we don't know"

Hmm. I would agree they're stupid for being offended, but I know why they would be.

Cullion
19th April 10, 08:12 AM
I wonder how many black people who can read Italian actually saw this Australian cookbook before the news story?

Kiko
19th April 10, 11:38 AM
Ah, the magic of the intarweb!