PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Punks and bulldyke lesbians

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd April 10, 04:20 PM
So I bought a pair of used combat boots cause I felt the need for some massive footwear to go with my massive balls and muscles. The first few days were sick, I curbstomped some minorities and overheard some offended hipsters talk about what would happen when a black guy spotted me in Nazi stompers (uh, nothing?), but recently they've developed a pinch. What happened is that the way the leather creases is causing it to push up against my foot near the ankle. It's too painful to wear the boots even for standing around looking fashionable now. Is there any way to fix the boots? I was thinking that getting the leather wet might allow me to reset the creases.

Truculent Sheep
3rd April 10, 04:25 PM
The dark secret is to just keep wearing the boots until they stop hurting. This usually takes a week or so, or at least it does with me.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd April 10, 04:36 PM
I can't. I'm not talking like ow painul, I'm talking like gonna fuck my feet up painful.

Truculent Sheep
3rd April 10, 06:05 PM
But that's how you break boots in...

SFGOON
3rd April 10, 06:50 PM
Saddle soap will soften the leather and take the edge out of that crease. If you want to go Army hoo-wuh hardcore, you could sand them down, waterlog them, wear them for a few hours while walking around, then treat with saddle soap and polish.

Or, you could wear thicker socks for a few weeks while they break in.

Cullion
3rd April 10, 06:55 PM
No you don't understand. MJS wants the discomfort to stop immediately.

I suggest becoming a Vicodin addict and keeping a blog about it. With a black background covered in tears.

pauli
3rd April 10, 07:20 PM
stop buying lowest bidder footwear.

used lowest bidder footwear.

SFGOON
3rd April 10, 08:28 PM
No you don't understand. MJS wants the discomfort to stop immediately.

Oh! Then, Crocs.

Ka-Bar
3rd April 10, 08:45 PM
So, the guy who thinks a $45 plaid shirt is a bargain, gets used combat boots from an Army-Navy surplus store? And then complains that they don't feel comfortable?

Does Ferragamo not make curbstompers anymore?

Robot Jesus
3rd April 10, 11:37 PM
i suggest replacing your current legs with robot legs.

Ajamil
4th April 10, 12:52 AM
Aren't combat boots made with breathable fabrics that are more flexible now? Try to get some of these.

http://www.captaindaves.com/shop/media/boots-R5052.jpg

I used to love the army surplus store for boots. They were $20, last two years, and they were awesome for hackysack.

Kiko
4th April 10, 05:55 AM
MJS, you want comfy? Try these!

http://www.yourstoreimages.com/1002/250x1000/apthslforwo.jpg

[/URL]

[URL="http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/garnethill/T_Detail?$detail$&$src=19738_1"]
(http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/garnethill/T_Detail?$detail$&$src=19738_1)

Spade: The Real Snake
4th April 10, 09:36 AM
Mink oil

Adouglasmhor
4th April 10, 10:34 AM
Neatsfoot oil in the boots and put vinegar on the bits of your skin where it rubs and hurts. After you take them off stuff them with newspaper.

Or do a 5 mile river run with full webbing carrying a long gun of some kind. cover them in polish put on thicker socks underneath and wear until they soften up. Keep poillishing until grey stops coming through.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th April 10, 10:34 PM
So, the guy who thinks a $45 plaid shirt is a bargain, gets used combat boots from an Army-Navy surplus store? And then complains that they don't feel comfortable?

Does Ferragamo not make curbstompers anymore?

My wardrobe is made up nearly entirely of either designer or thrift/surplus goods. So on any given day I'm wearing say, $200 pants and $200 shoes with a $5 shirt and $15 jacket. It's not about the price tag or the designer, it's about how good the clothng itself is.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th April 10, 10:36 PM
Aren't combat boots made with breathable fabrics that are more flexible now? Try to get some of these.

I love you Arjuna, but stick to your guns (the krishna and being a big ol' fag). I'd break my feet in a pair of classic boots before I'd think about weaing those.

Ajamil
4th April 10, 11:30 PM
Now that's sweet, but I'm not that big of a fag. I just have...faggy thoughts...like all the time.

JohnnyCache
5th April 10, 12:48 AM
I love you Arjuna, but stick to your guns (the krishna and being a big ol' fag). I'd break my feet in a pair of classic boots before I'd think about weaing those.

what? why?

why are you such a weird asshole man-child about this stuff? The point of combat boots is that they're combat boots, you cant just go "Well those are too functional and militaristic for my combat boot athestic" without being a jerkoff.

To answer your question: Are you straight-lacing the boots all the way up? It is hateful, but it pulls them into their designed fit while they break in. It also helps if you blouse them but obviously this is what we like to call fashion backwards

I currently wear the boots that can kick anything (http://http://www.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2844954&cp=1779791.1761081.2187523&parentPage=family)

and they please me.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th April 10, 01:02 AM
That's like saying the point of a pair of jeans is to look rugged and worn, so why would I hate this $250,000 piece of shit?

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/BullshidoTrail/gold1.jpg

Those combat boots are ugly. Objectively ugly, like the jeans I just posted. I wouldn't even describe them as "functional and militaristic" because they look like a combat boot you'd buy at the Oakley store. Compare that wonderful piece of contemporary design to this sexy boot:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/BullshidoTrail/9357M1006_2_2.jpg

With its classic uppers and thin, low profile sole. I don't need the best boot for soldiering around Afghanistan fighting terrorists, I need the one that doesn't look like it was designed in the dark.

JohnnyCache
5th April 10, 01:46 AM
observe the straightlacing on boot b and learn not to question me.

Steve
5th April 10, 01:59 AM
It would be helpful if you would post a picture of the boot in question, since that hasn't been addressed yet.

Steve
5th April 10, 02:01 AM
Actually, never mind.

MJS obviously hasn't worn combat boots before and he's delicate.

Nuff said.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th April 10, 02:05 AM
It would be helpful if you would post a picture of the boot in question, since that hasn't been addressed yet.

All you'd see is a pair of combat boots. at best, maybe I'd be making a stepping motion or something. Okay? What would that tell you?

JohnnyCache
5th April 10, 02:19 AM
All you'd see is a pair of combat boots. at best, maybe I'd be making a stepping motion or something. Okay? What would that tell you?

Is everything you bring up just a reason for you to go NO ACTUALLY YOU ARE WRONG I AM RIGHT

it would be helpful to see where the boot is pinching, exactly.

Steve
5th April 10, 02:21 AM
Uh, no. I was talking about your boots, and exactly where you felt the problem was. You're going about this all the wrong way. Are you expecting a combat boot fashinado to step in here and tell you how to fix your boots? (actually that would be pretty awesome and funny)

Carry on.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th April 10, 02:22 AM
Would I be a very good troll if I wasn't contrarian? I don't think it's important to know where the crease is, since the issue is how to work it out.

Ajamil
5th April 10, 04:46 AM
Are you expecting a combat boot fashinado to step in here and tell you how to fix your boots? (actually that would be pretty awesome and funny)

Carry on.
I thought that already happened and the practical side of this thread was over and done. What was all the oil rubbing talk about?

Kiko
5th April 10, 09:43 AM
http://www.movingimageposters.com/images/kinky_boots_postcard.jpg

5th April 10, 11:57 AM
Putting combat boots on MJS is like putting a spike on a Q-tip

SFGOON
5th April 10, 09:54 PM
No, you don't wan't outer-space-oakley-shoe-boots. They are the furthest thing from "hipster doofus" you can get, branding the wearer as a consumerist neo-yokel. Or a cop.

They are, I must say, comfortable as fuck, not unlike jackcrocs.

With bona-fide combat boots, you just have to work the leather. It won't get old by itself. Like your dog, old timey combat boots must be walked.

I know, in all too much detail, exactly where the crease you describe is, and exactly what each step you take in them feels like.

Thick socks will alleviate your suffering. Over time, the boots will break in on their own.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th April 10, 10:47 PM
On the outside of the heel, where the heel piece meets the upper?

Scrapper
6th April 10, 12:29 PM
Put a couple of band-aids over the raw spot on your ankle/foot and keep walking.

the band-aids take that immediate pressure off, and protect the exposed nerves. By the time you heal, the boots will be broken in if you wear them every day.

Adouglasmhor
6th April 10, 05:32 PM
rub hard soap over the crease, it wont drag as much. Crease is bad but not as bad as the behind toe cap middle of the instep kind.

TheMightyMcClaw
6th April 10, 07:54 PM
While you're breaking the boots in, don't lace them all the way; leave the top eyelet or two unlaced. It'll make the stiffness of the leather less of a problem.
And then, yeah, wear them. Also, as someone who has owned a good many pairs of combat boots, the fabric portion Arjuna mentioned adds a lot to comfort, and does not detract from the aesthetic.
Anyways, have you put chainmail on them yet? Because until then, you're still a poser.

partyboy
6th April 10, 08:27 PM
screw combat boots. these are the tits:

http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/5b/ae/3c/31117622-250x250-0-0_Vasque_Vasque_7166Men_s_Backpackingwasatch_Gor_T ex.jpg

SoulMechanic
6th April 10, 09:13 PM
Just find a real man to wear your boots for you.

Ajamil
6th April 10, 09:27 PM
screw combat boots. these are the tits:

http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/5b/ae/3c/31117622-250x250-0-0_Vasque_Vasque_7166Men_s_Backpackingwasatch_Gor_T ex.jpg
Those look like my hiking boots, except for mine have the much awesomer Gir laces.

partyboy
6th April 10, 09:50 PM
Those look like my hiking boots, except for mine have the much awesomer Gir laces.

the name of the game is water-proof

TheMightyMcClaw
6th April 10, 10:21 PM

I find that particularly for winter boots, the taller and the water-proofer the better. Ankle boots are kinda bullshit for winter if you ask me, since snow will still get in through the top if you go trudging through a snowbank.
And if I can't go trudging through a snowbank, then really, what's the point?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th April 10, 03:05 PM

The boots you posted have suede detailing.

Commodore Pipes
8th April 10, 04:05 PM
Put a couple of band-aids over the raw spot on your ankle/foot and keep walking.

the band-aids take that immediate pressure off, and protect the exposed nerves. By the time you heal, the boots will be broken in if you wear them every day.

If it's a blister, I've found that electrical tape helps prevent them. It really reduces the friction transfered to your skin.

Dr. Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative Vermin
14th April 10, 08:56 AM
Rub white spirit into the area on your heel. This will toughen up the skin.

Toby Christensen
15th April 10, 01:35 AM
Just wear workboots like everyone else.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
15th April 10, 02:05 AM
Are you sure you aren't retarded?

Toby Christensen
15th April 10, 02:38 AM
As sure as you get boffed in the blurter for bucks.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
15th April 10, 03:28 AM
It's no wonder why Hitler threw the disabled into ovens.

Ajamil
15th April 10, 04:38 AM
Oh come on, "boffed in the blurter for bucks" is a cool phrase.

15th April 10, 11:20 AM
somethingsomethingsomething....BLUNDERSTONZ -n- LEGALLYLAWFULLETTERZLOLZ!

Adouglasmhor
15th April 10, 01:51 PM
Are you sure you aren't retarded?

He's sure, the rest of the world knows different.

Commodore Pipes
15th April 10, 02:02 PM
So, are the boots comfortable yet?

Phrost
15th April 10, 02:14 PM
Post pics of the boots. There are seventy-hundred different types of "combat" boots.

Jump boots
Tanker boots
Jungle boots
Desert boots
Ripple sole boots
ACU boots
ABU boots

etc.

Adouglasmhor
15th April 10, 02:19 PM
BTW to get rid of blister, boil a needle with thread in it for ɀ 5 mins, pierce across blister with it after it cools, cut off needle with thread still through blister, the thread will let it drain but keep germs out, the skin will probably stick back except where the thread is so less exposed raw flesh.

Phrost
15th April 10, 02:21 PM
Sounds a little complicated. Lighter->needle->Neosporin's always worked for me.

Also, seriously MJS: Moleskin.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Insoles-and-Cushions/Super-Moleskin-Plus/ID=prod3984750&navCount=1&navAction=push-product?V=G&ec=frgl_&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku3983599

Commodore Pipes
15th April 10, 02:24 PM
I've put electrical tape right over blisters, and as long as they weren't torn to begin with, the problem went away within a day or two. Electrical tape, man. And then you can put it over your nipples and take pictures and post them on myspace. That's what the kids are into, right? The Myspace?

Adouglasmhor
15th April 10, 02:29 PM
Sounds a little complicated. Lighter->needle->Neosporin's always worked for me.

Also, seriously MJS: Moleskin.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Insoles-and-Cushions/Super-Moleskin-Plus/ID=prod3984750&navCount=1&navAction=push-product?V=G&ec=frgl_&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku3983599

The thread means it drains the new fluid too, so you can keep moving, moleskin is great though.

Toby Christensen
15th April 10, 02:51 PM
It's no wonder why Hitler threw the disabled into ovens.

Look, if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the oven.
He also faced losses even to the then very small nations so his type can't talk.

And NOBODY should have to have bullshit from a man who wears tafetta.:lame:

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
15th April 10, 05:20 PM
So, are the boots comfortable yet?

I set them aside for now because I'm not 100% sure where I can buy saddle soap or shea butter. The plan is to waterlog them, use them a little, and them rub them down with the soap or butter.

Commodore Pipes
15th April 10, 11:57 PM
A lot of us have assumed that it was a blister - but it's actually a pressure-sore-like thing, right? I just got on of those from my pair of boots, the cheeky motherfuckers.