here's the menue I've worked out

turkey
mushroom and sausage stuffing
carrots vichy
skin on mashed potatoes
what else should I make?

HappyOldGuy
2nd April 10, 04:45 PM
I usually go for ham and some kind of gratin vegetable, plus assorted fixins. But different family/different traditions.

Cullion
2nd April 10, 08:05 PM
The Cullion household will be having a shoulder of pork roasted with ginger and honey with parsnips, potatoes and greens and a cider and apple sauce. Plus some kind of pudding I'll improvise when I shop tomorrow.

Robot Jesus
2nd April 10, 08:58 PM
I'm envious

my parents are very picky eaters, so not only do we eat turkey for all major holiday meals I am banned from using any onions or peppers and cautioned against using garlic.
they often make insane requirements like, "all fish must be cooked to well done, as with lamb and pork".
I'm glad I got out of that house.

what do you mean by pudding, on this side of the pond it refers to something similar to custard. occasionally a cake made in a sauce pan (usually a British import). I've heard that pudding refers to any sort of after dinner sweet. is this accurate?

Ajamil
2nd April 10, 11:46 PM
I might be going to an airfield and stripping paint off glider wings. We'll probably go out to eat.

Cullion
3rd April 10, 03:51 AM
I'm envious

my parents are very picky eaters, so not only do we eat turkey for all major holiday meals I am banned from using any onions or peppers and cautioned against using garlic.
they often make insane requirements like, "all fish must be cooked to well done, as with lamb and pork".
I'm glad I got out of that house.

what do you mean by pudding, on this side of the pond it refers to something similar to custard. occasionally a cake made in a sauce pan (usually a British import). I've heard that pudding refers to any sort of after dinner sweet. is this accurate?

Yeah, 'pudding' and 'dessert' are used interchangeably here.

nihilist
3rd April 10, 04:15 AM
The Cullion household will be having a shoulder of pork roasted with ginger and honey with parsnips, potatoes and greens and a cider and apple sauce. Plus some kind of pudding I'll improvise when I shop tomorrow.
Potatoes? You're not even Irish you poseur.

Cullion
3rd April 10, 04:17 AM
My mother's an Irish citizen and I'm eligible for an Irish passport. I might actually apply for one just to piss you off.

I can have potatoes, guiness or lamb and onion stew whenever I want.

nihilist
3rd April 10, 04:18 AM
lol.

bob
3rd April 10, 04:38 AM
We caught a rather big fish so lately every meal has been sashimi, fish salad, fish and chips, fish pasta. I have out-catholiced the catholics this easter.

Christ I'm sick of fish.

Kiko
3rd April 10, 05:07 AM
I've got a boneless leg of lamb, some veggies similar to what Cullion's got and need ideas for the lamb. Unfortunately my daughter seems to have a slight allergy or simply doesn't like rosemary. I may just rub the whole thing in a mild curryish garlic paste.

Cullion
3rd April 10, 06:10 AM
Capers and anchovies are also traditional accompaniments to lamb. The way the anchovies are usually used, you rinse some of the salt out and then stuff the lamb with them. The capers usually go in a sauce, sometimes with lemon.

nihilist
3rd April 10, 11:42 AM
I'm having a traditional African-American Easter dinner with authentic jambalaya.

Robot Jesus
3rd April 10, 12:48 PM
i usually use mustard (not yellow, I use Dijon but I haven't experimenting with others; BUT YELLOW MUSTARD GOES ON HOT DOGS AND HAMBURGERS, nothing else.) and rosemary with lamb, maybe accompanied with another strong flavor your daughter might come to like the herb in question?

Cullion
3rd April 10, 12:54 PM
I'm having a traditional African-American Easter dinner with authentic jambalaya.

Be sure to put on blackface makeup and listen to Vanilla Ice all day so you aren't confused for some kind of corny, confused cultural tourist.

nihilist
3rd April 10, 01:02 PM
Unlike you, I have actual black friends.

Cullion
3rd April 10, 01:13 PM
Oh, I am absolutely certain that 'some of your best friends are black'. No doubt at all.

In fact, I bet black people love (www.blackpeopleloveus.com) you.

nihilist
3rd April 10, 01:47 PM
Are you saying I should start a website?

Cullion
3rd April 10, 02:48 PM
I think you should start lots of websites, to make the Internet better.

nihilist
3rd April 10, 03:02 PM
See, now I was all ready to come back with some kind of insult and you go and ruin everything.

Cullion
3rd April 10, 03:07 PM
It's a kind of verbal Tai Chi.

nihilist
3rd April 10, 03:11 PM
Then I take back everything I said about how ineffective it is.