PDA

View Full Version : Russia attacked by black widows.

AAAhmed46
30th March 10, 12:02 AM
Wont even bother with the article as it is basically in the news right now.

I was surprised actually, i thought Karamov basically crushed teh chechen insurgencty. Clearly not.

Anne coulter was here recently, talking about how Jihad Jane is not evidence against why racial profiling is ineffective for combatting terrorism. Micheal coren, who is usually hard on anyone in questioning, conservative or liberal, basically agreed(which was odd)

But hey, these black widows are white chicks, they were suicide bombers and blended in, blew themselves up. This isn't an isolated bunch of white woman like Jihad jane, but a shit load.

Cullion
30th March 10, 09:08 AM
Chechens are muslims.

HappyOldGuy
30th March 10, 09:12 AM
As are lots of bosnians and others.

And of course there are about a billion people of similar hue to your average pakistani who are not.

Angry Mandrill
30th March 10, 09:23 AM
http://www.unsv.com/voanews/english/scripts/2009/04/16/16/CHECHNYA_-_Ramzan_Kadyrov_210.jpg

meet the president of chechnya, ramzan kadyrov.

looks like a chubby average russian guy to me. good luck profiling the chechens, a ton of them look just like this.

that said, the russians will never stop trying. they stop dark-looking types (georgians, armenians, jews, chechens, uzbeks, kazaks, tatars) right on the street without pretense. just 'documents out, hands up.' sometimes guns are out, sometimes not. i was stopped maybe 7-8 times, and arrested twice, in two years there.

mrblackmagic
30th March 10, 10:57 AM
How do Russians tell the ethnic groups apart, seriously? Does everybody wear different colored suspenders?

Angry Mandrill
30th March 10, 12:40 PM
easy.

knuckles dragging? dark hair? look like a criminal? beady eyes? shifty-looking? 'hi, meet my gun.'

in terms of folks here whose pics i've seen:

Lights Out? go to jail
DAYoung? right this way, sir
Steve? right this way, sir
GOON? right this way, sir
NoB? right this way, sir

seriously, it's not that hard. live there for a while it just becomes a game. everyone in russia is obsessed with ethnicity. it's stamped in their passports, fer cripes' sake.

russians tend toward blond, blue eyes, high cheekbones. the people i mention in my previous post are dark. darkish skin, dark hair. georgians, armenians really lack prominent cheekbones (though that kardashian babe has some high cheeks. maybe i'm confusing her ass an' her face). uzbeks, kazakhs? dark, high cheeks, look more asian.

but chechens run the gamut from stereotypical arab terrorist to german high command. others from the north slope of the caucasus, such as the ingush, abkhazians, and ossetians, tend to be pretty mixed like the chechens. that's why they're much tougher to profile.

Ajamil
30th March 10, 01:46 PM
Was the thread title meant to be ironic?

http://img1.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/h0/h1837.jpg

Angry Mandrill
30th March 10, 01:52 PM
nah, that's what the russians call the widowed chechen wimmenz who're blowin' themselves up. they are war widows who basically decided payback against russia is better than living after their families have been killed. there's a lot of them, and chechens hold grudges forever. this won't be the last time.

AAAhmed46
30th March 10, 05:53 PM
Chechens are muslims.

And they are very Europian ethnically.

Better off looking at names and backgrounds then race.

They are not stupid enough to try attacks dressed in long clerical robes and foot long beards.

AAAhmed46
30th March 10, 10:28 PM
http://www.unsv.com/voanews/english/scripts/2009/04/16/16/CHECHNYA_-_Ramzan_Kadyrov_210.jpg

meet the president of chechnya, ramzan kadyrov.

looks like a chubby average russian guy to me. good luck profiling the chechens, a ton of them look just like this.

that said, the russians will never stop trying. they stop dark-looking types (georgians, armenians, jews, chechens, uzbeks, kazaks, tatars) right on the street without pretense. just 'documents out, hands up.' sometimes guns are out, sometimes not. i was stopped maybe 7-8 times, and arrested twice, in two years there.

Shit i misspelled him.

EuropIan
30th March 10, 10:41 PM
Was the thread title meant to be ironic?

http://img1.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/h0/h1837.jpg

http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/iron_man_2_scarlet_black_widow1.jpg

AAAhmed46
30th March 10, 10:53 PM
The chechen black widows should dress like that fore major geek recruitment. Then again, for all we know, these woman are butt ugly or have vaginas with teeth.

Kein Haar
31st March 10, 11:36 AM
Damnit Cullion you are always spoiling my fun with logic.

Not really logic. More like...happenstance.

Truculent Sheep
31st March 10, 12:52 PM
What Israeli security could teach us
By Jeff Jacoby, Globe Columnist | August 23, 2006

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2006/08/23/what_israeli_security_could_teach_us/

...Nearly five years after Sept. 11, 2001, US airport security remains obstinately focused on intercepting bad things -- guns, knives, explosives. It is a reactive policy, aimed at preventing the last terrorist plot from being repeated. The 9/11 hijackers used box cutters as weapons, so sharp metal objects were barred from carry-on luggage. Would-be suicide terrorist Richard Reid tried to ignite a bomb in his shoe, so now everyone's footwear is screened for tampering. Earlier this month British authorities foiled a plan to blow up airliners with liquid explosives; as a result, toothpaste and cologne have become air-travel contraband.

Of course the Israelis check for bombs and weapons too, but always with the understanding that things don't hijack planes, terrorists do -- and that the best way to detect terrorists is to focus on intercepting not bad things, but bad people. To a much greater degree than in the United States, security at El Al and Ben Gurion depends on intelligence and intuition -- what Rafi Ron, the former director of security at Ben Gurion, calls the human factor.

Israeli airport security, much of it invisible to the untrained eye, begins before passengers even enter the terminal. Officials constantly monitor behavior, alert to clues that may hint at danger: bulky clothing, say, or a nervous manner. Profilers -- that's what they're called -- make a point of interviewing travelers, sometimes at length. They probe, as one profiling supervisor told CBS, for ``anything out of the ordinary, anything that does not fit." Their questions can seem odd or intrusive, especially if your only previous experience with an airport interrogation was being asked whether you packed your bags yourself.

Unlike in US airports, where passengers go through security after checking in for their flights and submitting their luggage, security at Ben Gurion comes first. Only when the profiler is satisfied that a passenger poses no risk is he or she allowed to proceed to the check-in counter. By that point, there is no need to make him remove his shoes, or to confiscate his bottle of water.

Gradually, airport security in the United States is inching its way toward screening people, rather than just their belongings. At a handful of airports, security officers are being trained to notice facial expressions, body language, and speech patterns, which can hint at a traveler's hostile intent or fear of being caught.

But because federal policy still bans ethnic or religious profiling, US passengers continue to be singled out for special scrutiny mostly on a random basis. Countless hours have been spent patting down elderly women in wheelchairs, toddlers with pacifiers, even former US vice presidents -- time that could have been used instead to concentrate on passengers with a greater likelihood of being terrorists.

No sensible person imagines that ethnic or religious profiling alone can stop every terrorist plot. But it is illogical and potentially suicidal not to take account of the fact that so far every suicide-terrorist plotting to take down an American plane has been a radical Muslim man. It is not racism or bigotry to argue that the prevention of Islamist terrorism necessitates a special focus on Muslim travelers, just as it is not racism or bigotry when police trying to prevent a Mafia killing pay closer attention to Italians...

EvilSteve
31st March 10, 12:56 PM
I suppose everyone has heard at this point that there was a second suicide double-date, now in Dagestan?

If you haven't here's the tl;dr: Police try to stop car, give chase. As they catch up, driver detonates explosives leaving 6 foot deep crater. Later, when police are examining the crime scene, second bomber in police uniform walks up and detonates. Kills 9 cops and 3 civilians, including chief of police.

Ajamil
31st March 10, 03:23 PM
What Israeli security could teach us
By Jeff Jacoby, Globe Columnist | August 23, 2006
Israeli airport security, much of it invisible to the untrained eye, begins before passengers even enter the terminal. Officials constantly monitor behavior, alert to clues that may hint at danger: bulky clothing, say, or a nervous manner. Profilers -- that's what they're called -- make a point of interviewing travelers, sometimes at length.

Gradually, airport security in the United States is inching its way toward screening people, rather than just their belongings. At a handful of airports, security officers are being trained to notice facial expressions, body language, and speech patterns, which can hint at a traveler's hostile intent or fear of being caught.

But because federal policy still bans ethnic or religious profiling, US passengers continue to be singled out for special scrutiny mostly on a random basis.

It is not racism or bigotry to argue that the prevention of Islamist terrorism necessitates a special focus on Muslim travelers, just as it is not racism or bigotry when police trying to prevent a Mafia killing pay closer attention to Italians...
Those are some interesting logical leaps. The author describes the Profilers as looking for body language, speech patterns, and facial expressions - then says we aren't as good because we don't single out specific races (I'm sure the Israeli security also racially profiles, but it wasn't mentioned as part of their great success).

The author also says it's OK to look for race as an indicator of beliefs because only Italians have organized crime? Good thing there's no such thing as a Russian mafia, or a Chinese or Japanese one. And thank goodness gangs are never organized so we don't have to worry about Mexicans or black folk (it's a gang if it has Mexicans and blacks, but otherwise it's the mafia).

I certainly agree that statistically someone of Middle Eastern descent (Since when was Muslim a race? I thought only the Jews get to be a race and a religion.) is much more likely to be a terrorist, but relying on ethnicity is a very easy security protocol to get around.

AAAhmed46
31st March 10, 03:33 PM
Now that is fucked up.

Angry Mandrill
31st March 10, 04:29 PM
i got pulled aside by israeli airport security once while traveling from russia to israel. they apparently didn't think americans should be traveling back and forth from russia, or something. who knows? anyway, they basically ask you the same fucking five or six questions over and over, trying to piss you off and confuse you. it's enough to make you press the detonator early.

Ajamil
1st April 10, 01:06 PM
How long do you think you could play rhetoric tennis with them before they threw you in prison?

Angry Mandrill
1st April 10, 01:44 PM
i made it about 2 hours before they let me go. i got testy, cuz their repeated questions, but i didn't mention the detonator, he he...

edit: but seriously, i didn't fuck with them at all. they definitely are not amused.

Ajamil
1st April 10, 02:40 PM
y-Sx4W2cKlU
Avoiding the silly rules, all you're doing is answering everything with a question, not lying or hiding anything. What's the problem?

Angry Mandrill
2nd April 10, 09:06 AM
game, set and match! to arjuna

i seen 'r&g are dead' maybe 4-5 times and still didn't get the reference.

Cullion
2nd April 10, 11:25 AM
I certainly agree that statistically someone of Middle Eastern descent (Since when was Muslim a race? I thought only the Jews get to be a race and a religion.) is much more likely to be a terrorist, but relying on ethnicity is a very easy security protocol to get around.

Most Jews I know have very little interest in Judaism the religious practice. Nor do they exhibit much in the way of common heredity (the general range is 'somewhere in the mediterranean, possibly a bit arabic' to 'blonde with blue eyes'). Pretty much the only truly common bond seems to be 'higher than average level of education' and 'make a something of a point of not being Christian'.

Ajamil
2nd April 10, 03:12 PM
I thought they went by the nose.
FRXWjo1uPys

So what are the "rules" to be blunt and offensive about it? I know people that have "converted" to Judaism and who practice, and I know some who are non-practicing, but are still Jewish. I mean, if it has nothing to do with the race, how can you be a quarter-Jewish? What about being passed through the mother's side of the family?

AAAhmed46
2nd April 10, 05:06 PM
If being jewish is a race, then why can it not be passed from the fathers side? Thats what i dont get. Maybe you can only be a secular jew if it comes from the fathers side?

HappyOldGuy
2nd April 10, 08:56 PM
The fathers side thing depends on your denomination. My sisters kids go to temple and hebrew school (reform).

Vieux Normand
2nd April 10, 10:13 PM
russians tend toward blond, blue eyes, high cheekbones. the people i mention in my previous post are dark. darkish skin, dark hair. georgians, armenians really lack prominent cheekbones (though that kardashian babe has some high cheeks. maybe i'm confusing her ass an' her face). uzbeks, kazakhs? dark, high cheeks, look more asian.

but chechens run the gamut from stereotypical arab terrorist to german high command. others from the north slope of the caucasus, such as the ingush, abkhazians, and ossetians, tend to be pretty mixed like the chechens. that's why they're much tougher to profile.

What have we learned from all this?

Russian security personnel like white people.

At the same time, they dislike caucasians.

Good thing we've cleared that up.

AAAhmed46
2nd April 10, 10:20 PM
ah, makes sense.