PDA

View Full Version : Quick, cop yoselves some balla ass shirts

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
17th March 10, 11:47 PM
Michael J Krell is a new victim of the economy and is having a going out of business sale at their website www.michaeljkrell.com Right now $45 gets you about $100 worth of a shirt. Most of their fabrics were milled in USA and Canada and all of the shirts were made in the USA. Most of the sizes available are pretty slim so double check the measurements, but the seam allowances are pretty generous so alterations will be a snap.

TheMightyMcClaw
18th March 10, 12:05 AM
http://www.michaeljkrell.com/fall09/brown%20flannel/1medium.jpg

This reminds me of the way may TV looks when I try to fire up my old NES and the screen freezes.

SoulMechanic
18th March 10, 12:26 AM
http://www.michaeljkrell.com/fall09/brown%20flannel/1medium.jpg

This reminds me of the way may TV looks when I try to fire up my old NES and the screen freezes.
Funny you should say that. For this is the Tartan of the Clan of thee eternal virgin.

MrGalt
18th March 10, 11:43 PM
Those are indeed shirts. I'm not sure why they're $100 worth of shirt though. They're cotton flannel shirts. You can wear them, wash them, and wear them again. I'd buy one at the discounted price, probably, but never at twice that.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
19th March 10, 05:40 AM
I don't understand what milled in America entails.

WarPhalange
19th March 10, 12:26 PM
It entails losing $ and nothing else.

MrGalt
19th March 10, 07:11 PM
It entails losing $ and nothing else.

Sounds that way to me. Basically if we did the old blind test and took the label off the shirt, MJS hasn't explained to me how I would know the Krell shirt is a hundred dollars worth of shirt while something made in Indonesia is obviously a nothing but a Shamwow stapled into a crude approximation of a shirt-shape.

Ajamil
20th March 10, 12:07 AM
Stitching, quality of fabric, accuracy and style of cut...

Do these need to be said all the time? Why not realize MJS will always show top-end manufacturing, and just critique the styles and colors?

I mean, the guy will always pay more for clothes than I would imagine ($40 shirt? They give free shirts out at career fairs and college orientations.), but at least he's thrifty enough to do it at half the price the stores want him buying this stuff at.

Kiko
20th March 10, 09:00 AM
That shirt prolly cost about three-fiddy to make.

Ajamil
20th March 10, 11:55 AM
We used to go to India twice a year for our gift store. Indian clothes would cost about 20 rupees (maybe about $.65 now), and we'd bring them back to sell for $15.

I love how most Americans don't know the true price of products.

partyboy
20th March 10, 12:13 PM
We used to go to India twice a year for our gift store. Indian clothes would cost about 20 rupees (maybe about $.65 now), and we'd bring them back to sell for $15.

I love how most Americans don't know the true price of products.

...it's the price of freedom, Arjuna

Ajamil
20th March 10, 12:15 PM
It's also the price of round trip tickets to India and taking five huge duffel bags loaded with shit through customs.

TheMightyMcClaw
20th March 10, 12:33 PM
Stitching, quality of fabric, accuracy and style of cut...

Do these need to be said all the time? Why not realize MJS will always show top-end manufacturing, and just critique the styles and colors?

Exactly. It's a high end, top quality shirt that looks like an NES on the fritz.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
20th March 10, 01:26 PM
Sounds that way to me. Basically if we did the old blind test and took the label off the shirt, MJS hasn't explained to me how I would know the Krell shirt is a hundred dollars worth of shirt while something made in Indonesia is obviously a nothing but a Shamwow stapled into a crude approximation of a shirt-shape.

- Fabric sourcing, which also affects the thickness, feel, and longevity of the fabric.
- Stitch count/stronger stitching
- Single needle/slower, more accurate manufacturing methods
- Considerably more generous seam allowances.
- Better/more forward fit

I like how people will concede that some cars are made better than others, some people are more talented than others, and some food just tastes better than other food of the exact same type. But clothes? Nope, those are all the same. A off the rack suit from Kohl's is just as good as a bespoke piece from Saville Row. People are clearly only paying the Saville Row premium because of status.

That shirt prolly cost about three-fiddy to make.

At $45 these shirts are being sold roughly at cost.

bob
21st March 10, 05:50 AM
You are confusing wholesale price with cost of manufacture.