PDA

View Full Version : A recommended time saver?

Ajamil
12th March 10, 05:07 PM
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6522/arrrgh.jpg
It seems the system decided to remind me just how many threads I've replied to these last years. Any way to, I dunno - update it? Or a quick way to unsubscribe to a lot of threads?

syberia
12th March 10, 05:15 PM
The only way i know it to go into user cp, then into List Subscriptions (side menu) and select the threads you want to delete.

Ajamil
13th March 10, 01:06 AM
My New Posts button is stuck in a time warp! It doesn't matter how many times I scroll through the Omegle thread (did we really have to go so far as to really want like as?...I mean have to imitate 4chan so much?), it keeps saying there's a new post and putting me at the top? Could it be a browser option reset or something?

I'll try clearing caches and whatnot, and maybe my closet too if that helps.

Steve
13th March 10, 01:16 AM
My New Posts button is stuck in a time warp! It doesn't matter how many times I scroll through the Omegle thread (did we really have to go so far as to really want like as?...I mean have to imitate 4chan so much?), it keeps saying there's a new post and putting me at the top? Could it be a browser option reset or something?

I'll try clearing caches and whatnot, and maybe my closet too if that helps.

That is a change in how the server is working. All threads are now listed in order of latest reply (like on Bullshido). The bolded thread titles are now the threads that have new posts in them that you have not read.

nihilist
13th March 10, 01:20 AM
A recommended time saver?

Skip the foreplay.

Ajamil
13th March 10, 01:25 AM
But it says all of them have new posts. It's bolding threads because of my post.

Steve
13th March 10, 01:31 AM
It's bolding threads because of my post.

Because it has a new post, silly!

Steve
13th March 10, 01:32 AM
A recommended time saver?

Skip the foreplay.

I think what Reese is trying to say is you should just check the "do not subscribe" box in your user cp. I've had it that way for years and have never been happier.

Or he could be serious. Either way it's good advice.

Ajamil
13th March 10, 01:33 AM
Ok. Why does it keep showing the post Commodore Pipes put in the freedom of religion/"under God" thread an hour ago as new? Yes, I've read the post.

I think what Reese is trying to say is you should just check the "do not subscribe" box in your user cp. I've had it that way for years and have never been happier.But how will I know if anyone responds to something I said four years ago?!

Steve
13th March 10, 01:40 AM
Ok. Why does it keep showing the post Commodore Pipes put in the freedom of religion/"under God" thread an hour ago as new? Yes, I've read the post.

I seriously don't know. I just clicked on that thread since it was bolded for me as well and now it's not bolded any more.

nihilist
13th March 10, 01:40 AM
Which Ayn Rand thread should I unsubscribe from?

Steve
13th March 10, 01:43 AM
Oh, should have addressed this too:

But how will I know if anyone responds to something I said four years ago?!

Do you really want to know that you killed a thread (because it was dead. like really dead for four years. i mean like fertilizer in the form of worm poop dead)?

In your heart of hearts?

nihilist
13th March 10, 01:49 AM
ZOMBILUSSST!

Ajamil
13th March 10, 01:58 AM
Well, the deletion of my subscribed threads was an interesting trip down memory lane. Now I just feel shame, and great weight lifted from my shoulders. That was 2100+ threads.

Steve
13th March 10, 02:16 AM
After a few tests, there is definitely a bug in the "new posts" function. It has been noted and will hopefully be fixed soon.

nihilist
13th March 10, 02:48 AM
Well, the deletion of my subscribed threads was an interesting trip down memory lane. Now I just feel shame, and great weight lifted from my shoulders. That was 2100+ threads.

Whore.

Steve
13th March 10, 02:51 AM
I didn't want to say anything.

Ajamil
13th March 10, 10:03 AM
Meh. It was easier to keep track of everything rather than figuring out which threads I didn't want to watch. Now it's become easier to track none of them. Although hopefully the New Posts thing clears up. The "go to last new post" button seems glitchy too, in that it doesn't send me to the last post, but seems to keep a vague notion of what the last post was a week ago, and sends me there.

The other button, near where it says who posted last works fine, though.

My Control Panel seems a lot lonelier now...

Steve
13th March 10, 10:24 AM
Don't get me started on the "go to last post" button.

I've been harping on that for years (LITERALLY).

nihilist
13th March 10, 11:06 AM
Pro Tip:
When you are notified of a stupid thread (let's say it's about treadmills or some crap)
That's when you hit "unsubscribe".

Phrost
14th March 10, 06:42 PM
What we need is a button on the bottom of the thread with "Subscribe" (or "Unsubscribe", should that be the case).

partyboy
14th March 10, 07:38 PM
Don't get me started on the "go to last post" button.

I've been harping on that for years (LITERALLY).

well why don't you fix it then? it's annoying all of us.